Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2007 Infiniti M35/M45

ghstudioghstudio Member Posts: 972
edited May 2014 in INFINITI
Dealers already ordered their first 2007 M's and will be ordering more at the begining of May.

I have been told that there are no mechanical changes to the car. I was hoping for a 6 speed automatic or one with much deeper overdrive for highway driving...3000 rpm at 70mph is just too high and I do alot of interstate driving.

The 2007 journey package will only be available on the base M35. All other versions of the M include the features in the reduced journey package.

There are now two technology packages. Navigation is included in the first one, but if you want the backup camera, you have to get the advanced technology package.

I think the premium package is still there.

self leveling, etc...HID headlights are confusing....they aren't in the 2007 journey package and I think they are in the base tech package, but not sure.

My dealer tells me that there are no changes to the seats so those who hoped for a more adjustable passenger seat will be disappointed.

Does anyone have the full list of changes?

Comments

• blov8rblov8r Member Posts: 567
    My dealer tells me that there are no changes to the seats so those who hoped for a more adjustable passenger seat will be disappointed.

Some people just don't get the message! I can live with the array of little niggledy-piggley things like doors that don't lock when starting to drive, a little bit too much rev at high speed ... but not to provide the passenger with an adjustable comfortable seat is dumb! IMHO, of course. :shades:
  • velveteendad1velveteendad1 Member Posts: 36
    I just custom-ordered a 2007 M35 base with a Journey pkg. and the lower of the two tech packages, and got a (very hard to read) list of the packages from the dealership. There are indeed two tech packages - one correction to your note is that the lower tech package DOES include the backup camera and the Nav system, and on the base M35, it requires getting the Journey package.

Journey package (for base M35):
    Xenon headlamps with automatic leveling
    Adaptive front lighting system
    Climate control front seats.

Here's what's in the Tech package:
    Bose 8 speaker audio system (that was in the 2006 Journey pkg.)
    Nav system
    Andvanced rear view monitor

The advanced tech package requires the base tech pkg, and adds other stuff - the Bose 14 spkr surround system, intelligent cruise control, lane departure warning system, satellite radio, DVD video/audio mounted in center console, and audio/video inputs on rear of center console.

There is also still the Premium package that includes everything.

Hope this helps!
  • ghstudioghstudio Member Posts: 972
    While I hope you are right, I read the package description from Infinity at the dealer and it very clearly stated that the rear camera was only available in the advanced technology package. Navigation is included in the base technology package but without the camera.
    I certainly hope I'm right, too, since this info is what I based my order on! The info I've posted is from a page of 2007 M35 info that the dealer got from Infiniti HQ on April 6th and faxed to me, so hopefully it's accurate!
  • pete_l_ppete_l_p Member Posts: 322
    If you have BOTH a fax and a signed written agreement from infiniti, stating that the car you purchased will include the rear view monitor, then I believe they owe you a car with the rear view monitor and all other promised features at the written price. If a car with all of those features, and ONLY those features, does not exist, then I believe they have to give you a car that DOES have EVERYTHING they've promised in writing, even if it means giving you additional packages at no extra charge.

OTOH, if your signed contract differs from the fax as to what's included, you may be out of luck. However if the fax is written with precise language, and if it's signed, you still may have a good chance, depending on the wording.

If you want to leave a post with the exact wording of all relevant portions of both the contract and the fax, and indicating whether the fax is signed, then I'll be happy to give my unprofessional opinion, and I'm sure there are attorneys here who can give you a professional one.

Pete
    Thanks for offering to review my agreement. I did not get that specific in the fax - just indicated that I was ordering a 2007 M35 with the Journey and Nav Tech packages, for $800 over invoice, and I put down a $500 deposit.

I'm comfortable with what I agreed to for a few reasons:
    * I don't have to buy the car when it comes in, if I'm not happy with it.
    * Two different Southern California Infiniti dealers told me the same info about the option packages (that the rear-view camera is in the "NAV" tech package,) and one of them faxed me the page from Infiniti that shows that info.
    * Even if the NAV tech pkg. doesn't include the rear-view camera, I would not have ordered the "Advanced Tech package" with all the other stuff - it's not worth THAT much extra money to me.
    * The price I got for the car ($800 over invoice) was a very good one for a 2007, based on discussions with about 10 different dealers. They don't even have the exact prices yet.

So I guess we'll see!
  • c3po33c3po33 Member Posts: 67
    So the rear view camera is not part of the journey package anymore? One has to get the Tech package to get the rear view camera, if this is correct for 2007 I think Infiniti made a big mistake.
    They effectively merged the backup camera with Navigation which makes a lot of sense.
  • sfcharliesfcharlie Member Posts: 402
    Are there any rumors about a 2007 M series? The "2006" has been selling since Feb 2005 and there's a new G35 on the way. Seems as if there would have to be a 2007 M35, but I find no mention anywhere on the web.
    2007 M's are already on order from the dealers..they started to order them last month...should arrive in early August. You can find info hidden in this forum or at freshalloy.com.

Changes appear to be minimal..mostly packaging of options. As far as anyone knows, the engine stays the same although the G35 gets a 3.7 engine.
  • oman9oman9 Member Posts: 97
    ghstudio, I don't think the G35 is getting a 3.7 engine. I think it's the same 3.5 tuned to get additional HP, that's my understanding...
    I just had my M35 in to Infiniti yesterday .... had a nail in my RR tire .... $400 bucks to replace if the patch doesn't hold.

Anyhoo, I spoke with the sales manager for about 15 minutes. He's stopped ordering Q's ... can't give them away. He's selling more M's than G's and the sales are hot. The 2007 will be essentially identical to the 2006 ... still the crummy passenger seat. Next year's G will have a > 300 hp engine and they're coming out with a convertible version of the coupe.

Bart :shades:
  • arnold14arnold14 Member Posts: 22
    What kind of tire costs $400? That's outrageous.
  • docnukemdocnukem Member Posts: 485
    Bart:

I got a piece of metal (looked like it flaked off of a snow-plow blade) in one of my sidewalls. The tire was only 300 dollars. Since you have the sport, your tires may be different.
  • bw45sportbw45sport Member Posts: 151
    What kind of tire costs $400? That's outrageous.

Someone is trying to mark the tire up because the Bridgestone Potenza RE050A, the OE tire on the Sport, can be had for $269.

That price is high but it's a Maximum Performance Summer Tire which complements the already great handling of the car. Max Performance tires are not cheap. Just part of the admission price for playing the game.
  • bw45sportbw45sport Member Posts: 151
    He's stopped ordering Q's ... can't give them away.

The fate of the Q oft has been discussed on Infiniti threads. My understanding, derived from a Sales Manager who had attended a futures meeting for Infiniti, is that the Q is going to go away for one model year. It will reappear, however as a 2009 model, and the intent is to completely reinvent the car. Indications are that the sportier nature of the original Q will return but the car is supposed to also be a max effort at providing luxury. No expense will be spared to manufacture a car Infiniti wants to compete squarely with the S-Class and 7er. Initial indications are that prices for the new Q will reflect that as well as they are expected to be in the 70's.

It will be interesting to see if Infiniti is able to compete at the higher end considering their lack of success to date. The luxury market still tends to look down it's nose at Infiniti. The FX, G, and new M have changed that perception somewhat with their great reviews and sales numbers. The M is the first $50k+ Infiniti that has been successful so perhaps they can belt another out of the park even at $70k. I can hear it already, "who in their right mind would pay $70k for a Nissan?"
    Thanks ... I had no intention of getting the tire, if needed, from the dealer. The Potenza is what I have and I know it can be gotten on the web for $250 or so. Love those tires ... love this car! Bart :shades:
    The 19" Potenza's on the Sport are available on line for $265. The 17" is $160 and the 18" is 211. This was the very first site I checked after "googling" Bridgestone Potenza. Thus far, no pressure leakage. Bart :shades:
    All the posts here and my conversations with my local dealer point to no changes (other than rearranging options into different groupings) going from 2006 to 2007. Yet, I find myself remaining doubtful of not even a small change (like an iPod kit or a different headlight) because I cannot remember any car, ever, to which something wasn't updated (added, changed, improved, or even screwed up -- like BMW did, in my view, with 5 series, going from 2003 to 2004) going from one model year to the next. Can anyone else recall that ever happening? If it is true, it could be interpreted as complacency. or it could be seen as appropriate confidence in having created a unique winner that buyers are still catching onto and being excited about.
    If it is true, it could be interpreted as complacency. or it could be seen as appropriate confidence in having created a unique winner that buyers are still catching onto and being excited about.

Charlie ... I believe it's the latter. I am surprised, however, that they didn't update the passenger's seat and lock the doors when putting the car in motion ... or provide a fail-safe mechanism for starting the car if/when the transmitter's lost ... something like the wallet key Lexus provides. The re-grouping of options probably reflects preferences expressed in feedback from buyers along with some number crunching. Based upon my conversation with the sales manager last week there is an overall strategy in place to FINALLY develop an identity and then to FINALLY make a Q that's capable of unseating the Lexus 400's, the BMW 7's, the big Benz's, etc. Bart :shades:
  • docladocla Member Posts: 15
    Does any one knows what changes infiniti is going to have in the M35/M45 in 2007? Is it worth to wait and get the 2007 M35?
    Based on previous postings on this board and discussion with local dealer, my understanding is only changes are rearranging option item into different packages. What was in the 2006 Journey package will have the Navigation system added to create a Nav-Tech package (enough buyers wanted only the DVD from the 2006 technology package). The 2006 technology package (minus NAV) will be called Advanced Tech. Premium will remain same, that is, include eveything. No actual new things/features/horsepower, etc.
    Passenger's seat unchanged, doors still don't lock when driving, no "emergency key" to start the car if/when the transmitter's lost (by the way, if the transmitter's battery dies when the doors are locked, can you get into the car?) ... repackaging options appears to be the only thing new for 2007. They are sooooooooooo close to perfection it seems a shame they can't make those few small improvements. Bart :( :shades:
  • varixvarix Member Posts: 72
    I agree with pete_l_p on this, those are 3 relatively easy things to rectify that would make this car basically perfect. The seat is the biggest of the bunch, not a major issue for me personally, I never ride there but if my wife cared a wit it could of been a deal breaker...sadly. Infiniti really needs to get on that seat thing... the XM traffic and better iPod integration would be very nice but not essential and maybe even these could be updates/upgrades to my 2006 M35X in the future, wishful thinking...
  • jshattnerjshattner Member Posts: 32
    Funny how the passenger seat adjustment item seems to always come up as one of the top gripes in posts. In my 4-month experience with the M45S and a number of long trips where my wife and I shared driving, we've both commented on how the passenger seat in the M is the most comfortable we've owned (coming off LS400s, E55, E500). While I agree that it would not have been a big deal to put in more adjustability, we surely have not needed it! Just hope the seat springs and materials hold up well.
  • jperkins22jperkins22 Member Posts: 10
    I would say that the two biggest additions to the M45 would be better voice quality with the blue tooth (when the driver is talking) and a 6 or 7 speed transmission for better fuel economy.
    The infiniti web site has the following description of the M series:

Leather-appointed, 10-way power driver and passenger seats with adjustable lumbar support

The 2006 model has only a 6 way adjustable passenger seat. Does this mean that the 2007 now has an improved passenger seat?

If so, this is not a minor change...but it is not on the 2007 information sheets given to infiniti salesmen.

Can anyone confirm or deny the change?
    The 2006 model has only a 6 way adjustable passenger seat. Does this mean that the 2007 now has an improved passenger seat?

From what I've read, and from my recent (last month) discussion w/ the local sales manager, the passenger seating remains unchanged in the '07 model. Finding this on the Infiniti website, however, would suggest otherwise ... or a website writer who doesn't know his/her facts. And you're correct ... giving the passenger a 10-way adjustable seat would be a HUGE improvement, no minor change by any stretch of the imagination. Bart :shades:
    10-way power driver and passenger seats

I just went to the Infiniti website, and found the following in the description of the interior amenities:

" ... 10-way power driver's seat adjustments ... ". There's no mention where I looked of the passenger seat.

Bart :confuse: :shades:
    infiniti web site, select M, select features & specifications, click on seating and trim...you will find the statement I quoted. By the way, the site is supposed to be refering to the 2006 M, not the 2007 one. We don't know if this is a change that crept onto the site recently, or if it's been wrong all year. The 2006 does not have even a 10 way drivers seat, so it's a mystery.
    Found it also:

"Leather-appointed, 10-way power driver and passenger seats with adjustable lumbar support"

Just copied that in from Infiniti website.
    Must be more than one Infiniti website! I just went back and found no such reference so we're obviously looking at two different sites. Why they would have two or more is odd, but the one I found makes no such mention. We'll know for certain re: the seating soon enough ... when they hit the dealers' showroom floors. Bart :shades:
    There is only one infiniti web sites. The phrase is still there.

Some of us would like to know before buying an 06. If, indeed nothing has changed, the 06 is a great lease deal. If they changed the seats, well then maybe waiting less than 30 days and getting an 07 is a better decision.
    I would expect that to be true ... but for the life of me the only reference I can find to interior and seating appointments is the one I quoted ... 10-way for the driver's seat, no mention of passenger's seat. That's why I raised the possibility of two sites. Again, according to the local sales manager the only changes in '07 will be option groupings ... the seating has not been changed. This was a month ago ... he hadn't yet received a car so his information may be off. We'll know in the fullness of time. Bart :shades:
    blov8r....you may have an old version of the page in your cache. Pull up the page and then hold down the shift key and click on the refresh icon. That will force a read of the latest page.
    I just found the same info on the website. There are multiple places they list info about the seating. To see where it says that both the driver's and passenger's seat have the 10 way seats, go to infiniti.com, click on the "M" at the top, click on "Features and Specifications" on the left, and then click the "+" sign next to "Seating and Trim" to expand the info about it. It then says "Leather-appointed, 10-way power driver and passenger seats with adjustable lumbar support".
    I'll give it a try, but where's the "refresh icon"? Thanks. Bart :shades:
  • raizelgsraizelgs Member Posts: 84
    Refresh is either F5, Refresh under View, or the double arrow icon next to the stop icon on the Menus bar.
    Leather-appointed, 10-way power driver and passenger seats with adjustable lumbar support

Thanks ... I found it! We'll see whether it's "real" when the new models come in. Clearly seating is the biggest shortcoming in my '06. Bart :)
    Does anyone know the MSRP and Dealer invoice on the different extended warranty plans that Infiniti offers? They only show one option on their website - 7 years/100k miles, but I'd be surprised if there aren't other options available.

If you bought one, what did you pay and for what terms?

I have an '07 on order that's coming in in a few weeks, just trying to have as much info as possible before I get the hard sell from the dealership!

Thanks for any info.
    If the infiniti web site is correct (and I think you'll see why in some cases we certainly hope it isn't)...these are the changes and some observations on the 2007 M35's.

1) The seating appears to be changed: "Leather-appointed, 10-way power driver and passenger seats with adjustable lumbar support" (this is perhaps the most significant real change)

2) There is no option for a full size spare and they only show the carpeted trunk mat for the space saver tire (found by another member)

3) M35x AWD features show that HID low beams are optional but there is no way to order them. Unfortunately, this means that you can't order the advanced technology or the premium package on that M35x AWD because both require the HID headlights. One additional note....if you do figure out how to get those HID headlights so you can order those two packages, you will also have to order the trunk mat as a separate item...it's required.

4) The dealer installed carpeted trunk mat "Requires Advanced technology, or Premium Package on M35x AWD" ... keep that in mind all you folks who only want the base technology package (The orderable carpeted trunk mat has no such restriction). That factory orderable Carpeted trunk mat has an MSRP of $80...the dealer installed Carpeted trunk mat (the exact same mat?) has an MSRP of $70 (perhaps the installation is extra?)

5) If you order your M35/M35x/sport with the base technology package, you can order the XM or sirius Satellite Radio for MSRP $350. (it's included in the adv tech and premium packages). Alternatively, and even without the base technology package, you can buy that same? XM or Sirius Radio from your dealer for MSRP $278 (perhaps the installation is extra?)

6) Factory ordered 18" Chrome-finished wheels "require Advanced Technology or Premium Package" (not sure if this is a change)
    Let me correct my statement above:

3) M35x AWD features show that HID low beams are optional but there is no way to order them. Unfortunately, this means that you can't order the advanced technology or the premium package on that M35x AWD because both require the HID headlights. One additional note....if you do figure out how to get those HID headlights so you can order those two packages, you will also have to order the trunk mat as a separate item...it's required.

The correct statement should be that if you look at the general description of all M35 options, there is no option to order the HID headlights for the M35x. You only see that $800 required feature when you go to the configurator. You will also discover that HID headlights seem to only be available with the advanced technology or premium packages which is very strange since I would think that most of the folks who wanted the technology/navigation package would want HID. Don't forget you do have to order the trunk mat as well if you order those advanced packages
  • breldbreld Member Posts: 6,698
    If you go to nissannews.com, there is a press release that says, among other things, the 2006 Journey Package items are now standard equipment on all 2007 models, except for the base M35. It lists those items to include climate controlled seats, rear-view monitor, HIDs and the Bose system.

However, as others have mentioned, when you go to "build" a M35x on the Infiniti website, HIDs are a stand-alone option, and require the technology and, I believe, the advanced technology package.

I really hope this isn't right, as I consider the HIDs a necessity in this class, and wouldn't want to be forced to order those other pricey and, in my case, unnecessary, packages.

Time will tell, huh?

2024 Audi Q8 e-tron - 2024 Corvette - 2024 BMW X5 - 2023 Tesla Model Y

For 2007, Nissan moved the rear monitor to the technology group...and that group is the same price across the board (see the same press release). Time will tell, but I would bet that the rear monitor is NOT part of any base cars, even though the press release says it is.

As I noted above, the technology group is the same price across all the models. It also includes the Bose system. So, if the rear monitor and Bose system are standard on everything but the base M35, why is the technology group the same price???

The HID headlamp option in the configurator actually requires either the advanced technology or premium packages. As it stands, you can't get it on a base M35x or one with just the technology package. That has to be wrong, but that's what it says.

Very mysterious and likely the press release is wrong....and it may well be that the configurator pricing is also wrong.
  • maximafanmaximafan Member Posts: 592
    I agree about the HID's. Luxury marques such
    as Lexus, Acura and Infiniti should make
    them standard on all of their vehicles,
    although some of these vehicles, such as G35
    and Acura TL have them standard. HID's came
    standard on my 2002 Maxima and now I'm
    spoiled! I love having the HID's.
    So, as I mentioned in a previous post, based on the Infiniti.com configurator and the Edmunds pricing for the 2007 M35, it appears the advanced technology package, or premium package is required to add HIDs.

With regard to the M35x, climate controlled seats, auto-dimming mirror and homelink are now standard (previously included in the Journey pkg). To get the 2-channel Bose, you have to get the Tech pkg, which also includes the Nav and rear-view monitor. And, if you want the HIDs, also previously included with the Journey, you need to go all the way with the Advanced Tech or Premium Packages.

So, I am fairly disappointed in the packaging for 2007. I realize many buyers want all the high-tech features, but if you didn't care for the Nav or Surround Sound Bose, a 2006 M35x with Journey was a very complete package, with an MSRP of about $47k.

Having said that, my local Infiniti dealer has a 2006 M35x with Journey and Nav, in the color I like (Liquid Platinum and Graphite). It stickers for $48,940, with an invoice of $44,730. Now, like I said, I'd prefer not to have the Nav (or more to the point, not to have to pay for it), but given this is what they have, what are people's thoughts on pricing on such a vehicle? Is it reasonable to get pretty aggressive with the pricing, considering the relative success Infiniti is having with this model?

I change my mind daily between a 530xi and the M35x, but if I could get this for a good price, I might just go that way.

Thanks for any advice.

One, maybe offbeat, question: what tires are on the M35x?

The Goodyears with which the non-x M35 comes equipped are summer tires (not very good ones, based on my driving, Tire Rack's survey results, and posts on these forums). I'm likely to replace them, simply for driving safely in rain, before "winter" comes to northern California.

I assumer they put something on the "x" that will deal better with rain and snow. If not, that might supply more rhetoric for your negotiating.
  • mwgmwg Member Posts: 28
    You should be able to get it for invoice.The Nav is not essential but it is a fun thing to have.

Good luck, and enjoy

Emgee
    I'm 99% sure they're all-seasons on the x, though I don't know what brand.

Emgee - thanks for the advice; invoice at around $45k would certainly be a good deal.

Did the decision for anyone else come down to the 530xi and M35x? Clearly it's all personal preference, but I'm curious as to factors others may have considered. I've owned mostly Japanese makes, including one Infiniti, so I'm very comfortable with the thought of going that route with regard to reliability and maintenance.

Overall, the 530xi appeals to me more on an aesthetic basis, but when I get to the point of actually shelling out the money, the higher cost of the BMW and potentially poorer reliability make me think twice.

• jiddojiddo Member Posts: 9
    When I bought my M35 I wasn't particularly intrested in the Nav , but they had the exact car I wanted and it was already in the car so I bought it,and have not regretted it. It is very easy to use and very informative when you are looking for a restaurant, place of business , hospital etc. I might add it is very accurate. The only disappointment I see is the bluetooth phone system and the low beam headlights,It is a great car so far and fun to drive.
This discussion has been closed.