Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Infiniti M35/M45 Tires

1235»

Comments

• mako5mako5 Member Posts: 15
    Has anyone used (Hankook) tires on a M35 ? I was wondering how they handled? Michelin tire are pretty expensive and hard to justify the price.
    I was thinking of buying Hankook tires. Are they much noisier and do they handle well?
  • barryendbarryend Member Posts: 121
    I don't know but Cont Extreme DWS are good and not expensive. Great in bad weather. No more M35X for me since 2/09. I had the former Conti Extremes on the M and have the new DWS on wife's Audi A4 3.2. See Tire rack reviews.
  • jjsheinjjshein Member Posts: 10
    I'm several thousand miles into a set of Pirelli PS2's replacing the stock Bridgestone summer tires. The good news is mileage is up 1-2 MPG, road noise is down, and handling on corners is much improved. The bad news is that the seat bolsters now feel insubstantial compared to the car's enhanced cornering capabilities.
  • blueskies2blueskies2 Member Posts: 3
    Wife got a new car so I got her 2007 Infinit M35. I've got a long commute and lately it's been raining. Noticed that the tires were totally shot. Not sure why she never noticed herself! Went to my local tire shop and got some ContiProContacts. First 36 mile run in rain went pretty well. Haven't tried burning rubber yet. Seeing that people here like the ContiExtremeContacts, hopefully the ContiPros will behave similarly.
  • pinspectorpinspector Member Posts: 2
    edited October 2010
    Interesting! I had the same issue with my 08 M35x (new in 08). I did the research and took the car back to the dealer (Ray Catena, Edison, NJ) after 2 months. I asked the service rep to swap the OEM Goodyears for Michelin Primacy. He apparently knew of the problem because he didn't bat an eye. Next day I had new Pirmacys on all 4 wheels and it corrected the tramlining about 75%-80%. September 2010 we bought a new EX35 and while in the showroom I was looking at the new M. To my surprise the new tires on the 2010 M35 are Michelin Primacy.
    edited October 2010
    RSA's drove to switch to Audi. Though Audi has wear and vibration problems with Pirelli P6s all seasons. I have Pirelli P7s that are summer UHP great tires.

My M35X was switched to Conti Extremes A/S at 25,000 miles. They were better but still the M35X was a bad drive. All over the road. Any buzz on the M37x for 2011? 18 months left on my A4 lease. How about a diesel Infiniti? High test will be expensive in 2013 as economic growth overseas accelerates and dollar drops due to you know who.
  • dudeindesertdudeindesert Member Posts: 2
    After much research, I just put on Conti DWS's on my 2007 M35. Very much quieter drive than the RSA's. Dealer gave me a great price @ $217 per tire with 4th one free. :)
    Have 2008 M35 - Anyone use Sumitomo's tires and how do you like them ?
    Thanks
  • slyfox16slyfox16 Member Posts: 37
    I had the dealer put Michelin Pilot Sport AS Plus 245/45 on a 2010 M35ix. They put 38psi in the tires, while Michelin recommends 33 for both front and back. If I take out the extra pressure, will that set off the automatic pressure sensor?
  • bruceintexasbruceintexas Member Posts: 3
    I have an '07 M35. Bought it with 26k miles on it 14 months ago. Had bad tramlining initially with OEM Goodyears, so replaced them with Michelin MX4 Primacy and couldn't be happier. Quieter, no tramlining, now 44k miles and still look brand new. Look good, drive good, good in rain...made all the difference in the world. Bought them at Austin Infiniti, they matched Discount Tire's price and gave me a free 4-wheel alignment, plus 2 yr road hazard warranty. All good!
  • dan41dan41 Member Posts: 182
    As I previously posted, not long after taking delivery of my new 2010 M35X, I was so unhappy with the tremlining from the OEM Goodyear tires, the dealership replaced them with new Michelin MX4 Primacy. The difference was absolutely profound and I have enjoyed every mile driving my M35. I wasn't surprised to learn that Infiniti changed their tires to Michelin MX4 Primacy for their 2011 models.
  • nolicnolic Member Posts: 11
    That's a great price, which dealership was that?
  • valzovalzo Member Posts: 1
    where was the dealership? gotta get new tires for the 06 M
  • leon_0905leon_0905 Member Posts: 17
    I'm leasing 2008 M35 with 22K currently. My lease ends in 4 months and my OEM tires have less than 5%. The lease agreement states that tires must have at least 1/8 tread left.
    I hate the thought to replace tires when I only need 4 more months.
    So here are the questions/options:

1. Buy used tires (may be $40-$50/per tire)
    2. Leave as is: what Infinity usually charges at the end of the lease when tires have to be replaced?
    3. Buy new tires (trade-in value is higher than my residual value, I might purchase the car and trade it in). How having new tires affects the trade-in value?

What do you, guys, think the best option is in this case?
    Are your tires a safety concern? Auto forums often have high end used tires for sale. Maybe you can extend the lease for a year. They may give you a good deal. I had a 2006 M35X that was solid at 45,000 miles. The gas mileage was poor though. That may depress the used value and help you get a good deal.
  • leon_0905leon_0905 Member Posts: 17
    I think they are a safety concern or will be very shortly, especially in wet weather. So as much as I don't want to spend money on tires, I'll have to buy either new or used ones. I can extend lease by no more than 3 months (called IFS to confirm), so I'm looking at 7 months at most.
    I don't want to keep the car, the gas mileage is indeed very poor, considering I do mostly city driving as oppose to highway driving.
    I haven't seen any ads on auto forums for tires, can you please point me to it?
  • piperscotpiperscot Member Posts: 1
    I have had a set of Conti DWS on my 06 for 3+ years. Great tires, getting ready to put a new set on. Discount Tire has best prices so far, $184 each out the door.
  • broogeebroogee Member Posts: 1
    I have a 2008 and I just replaced the set of Kumho Ecsta tires. I found a crazy deal $126.99 a tire. The tire is called Radar Verenti R6 - 100W BW - All Season Tire. The tire traction grade is AA, Treadwear Grade of 500, and more. The ride is quiet and smoove. So far I notice an improvement in gas mileage. When I compared to the Michelin Primacy the load index was 96 1565 lbs. when compared to 96 1565 lbs. When I compared the price, features, performance, and value it was a no brainer.
  • arcolino11arcolino11 Member Posts: 11
    ok broogee that sounds like a good deal, how about more details your state and city? can I order on line? whats the name of the store?
  • jk05mdxjk05mdx Member Posts: 16

Just Re-engineered 2006 M35x

For those who may have had similar problems I have had, this may be of help.

A few months after buying my used M35x, I started feeling a vibration when I get to a particular speed. I did wheel balancing with no luck, changed brake discs, changed wheels and serviced the caliper. The problem went away. About three months ago, I noted that the vibration was back and upon examination discovered that the tires had issues and when I tried to do the balancing, discovered yet again that the wheels I changed to had warped again and so could not be balanced. I was able to get a new set of 18" wheels on loan from my dealer and bought new tires. The problem instantly went away. I then embarked on a trip and on my return journey I lost one of the tires and when I removed the wheel to mount the spare tyre, I discovered that the wheel had warped and the tyre tore open. To say I was shocked, would be an understatement given the fact that it was a tiny porthole, which I avoided bumping into, that ended up warping the wheel and tearing the tyre. I had always known that the OEM wheel/tire size setup was too flat and would therefore allow impacts to get to the wheels, which was why they always end up getting warped. Unfortunately, I lost the spare tire too and was stranded. All effort to get replacement tires and wheels proved abortive as the tires and wheels were unavailable. It took the help of a very dear friend who had to drive over 100 km to get me the wheels and tires I originally had in the car.

After the very sad experience I resolved to change the wheels and tires from the OEM setup of 245/45/R18 to a setup that would be more readily available and tires with enough sidewalls to absorb impacts without passing same to the wheels. After an extensive research, I settled for 215/65/R16 which gave me 27% increase in the sidewalls, less weight and 4mm more fill up of the wheel well. The only draw back, was that I had to file a bit off the caliper to prevent the it from rubbing on the inside of the wheels. The good thing about this setup is that the tires and wheels are more readily available and cheaper too! Neither does it adversely affect the looks of the car!

This setup has increased the ground clearance marginally, although almost not noticeable. The ride is smooth, less harsh and handling is not compromised at all. I now called the car 'My re-engineered M' because I now drive it more often than in the past and enjoying every bit of it!