Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Honda Civic 2007

Comments

• greendoctorgreendoctor Member Posts: 8
    Can anyone tell me if Civic is going to be available in a 4dr hatchback soon? :confuse:
  • jaxs1jaxs1 Member Posts: 2,697
    They are not going to change the dash. The car is selling fine. Just buy something else if you are really that severely bothered by the look of the dash.
  • sandman46sandman46 Member Posts: 1,798
    I notice that it's easier to keep my eyes on the road with the higher speed readout display...a much better ergonomic design. And with auto tranny cars, not many need to look at the tachometer anyways. Took me all of 2 minutes to get used to and love the readouts of my '06 LX.
    Great design Honda!

The Sandman :):)
  • roundtriproundtrip Member Posts: 105
    I, too, have gotten used to the split dash. After that ticket from the state trooper, I watch my speed more.
    However, the radio is a reach, and I have to take my eyes off the road. This has caused me a couple of heart-stopping moments because of the car's quick responsiveness (if there is such a word.)
  • battlestationsbattlestations Member Posts: 14
    Honda has posted the 2007 pages, photos, specs and new prices for Civic Sedans and Coupes. NO Si's yet.
    http://automobiles.honda.com/models/model_overview.asp?ModelName=Civic+Coupe
    http://automobiles.honda.com/models/model_overview.asp?ModelName=Civic+Sedan
  • pham0167pham0167 Member Posts: 48
    Great, does that mean the remaining 2006s will go on sale or get a price reduction?
  • jaxs1jaxs1 Member Posts: 2,697
    I'm trying to find any new or changed features on the 07's besides new paint colors. I don't see any writeup on what's new for 2007 on the site.
    Is there anything new?
  • accordorcivicaccordorcivic Member Posts: 6
    I have not even noticed new colors......? Except the GX.
  • pochipochi Member Posts: 4
    2007 LX has auxiliary input jack
  • atlratlr Member Posts: 22
    Honda News . com has a summary.
    http://www.hondanews.com/CatID2010?mid=2006082536089&mime=asc

Not much changed compared to 2006 models.

I was hoping for something meaningful like a sedan rear seat center headrest that rises higher to be effective. ( See the European Civic for an example of the effective head rest.)
  • thegraduatethegraduate Member Posts: 9,731
    Can anyone tell me if Civic is going to be available in a 4dr hatchback soon?

Don't count on it.
  • asanabriaasanabria Member Posts: 1
    Did you receive the car? I initially ordered an '07 EX Sedan Shoreline Mist / Ivory color, but not sure how BS looks like... :confuse:
  • kcam213kcam213 Member Posts: 4
    well, NOW I have something to complain about with my '06 Civic!
    the '07 Civic with Navi comes with XM radio STANDARD!!! and a 350 watt radio.
    I have the 160 Watt, XM READY radio... which means, get ready for some BS because you will never ever get it installed in your '06 Civic!!!

I am REALLY pissed at Honda for not having the foresight to have these 2 options available on their first run year Civic!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:
  • trudgetrudge Member Posts: 3
    I think they should make Vehicle Stability Assist standard on all models, or at least available as an option. I think the government is about to make it required for all vehicles manufactured after 2009 or so.

Trudge
  • yankeesruleyankeesrule Member Posts: 6
    The 2006 Civic with Navigation came with XM radio standard as well and all EX's came with a 350 watt radio... thats not new...

The one thing that they DO need to add is bluetooth.. cars that are much cheaper includes that now, and how much can that cost to add or at least have as an option? The microphone is already there for cars with nav...
    I never knew that all EX models, sedans and coupes, came with the 350 watt stereo. Does it really sound that much stroner than the 160 unit?

The Sandman :)
  • blackexv6blackexv6 Member Posts: 503
    Where does it say 350Watt stereo? I just read the specifications on Honda.com and all Civic EX models have 160 Watt stereo (LX has 4 speakers, EX has 6 speakers).
    I think it has something to do with the Premium Stereo System or something like that. I did see it in the brochure about the 350 watts though. I added extra power to my LX system and what I used to have to listen at 16, I can now listen to at 9. Quite pleased with that and the new tweeters I had installed.

• shado4shado4 Member Posts: 287
    The Civic EX Coupe gets the 350 watt sound system. The Civic EX Sedan gets the 160 watt version.
    Why doesn't Honda offer the 350 watt set up in the sedans. Some people like myself need a sedan and would also have liked the killer sound. Seems like Honda is limiting it's potential profit here with not given us sedan buyers a choice. I probaly would've gotten the EX had the 350 stereo been offered in the sedan. I had to upgrade my sound system totally in my LX and also swapped out the hubs for alloys. If the option had been offered, I'd probably have just bought the EX, eventhough I didn't want the sunroof.
    Shame on Honda for this intentional goof!

The Sandman :(
  • eldainoeldaino Member Posts: 1,618
    I said the same thing sand! One question; what kind of alloys did you get on your lx? 16's 17's?
    I got 16"ers and they come from an '05 Civic Si hatchback. I had to get different lug nuts and they fit perfectly, have the same offset and correct other measurements for a perfect fit. Only wanted to go with factory Honda wheels and I couldn't be happier. All done on EBAY...and there's another set on there right now for sale. Car looks sharp too...not like all the other EX's with the 5 spoke alloys. I would've gone for those if the price was the same though.

awesome! I like keeping it factory too, looks much cleaner. There are some awesome 17's that honda has; you get get em on the new civic and they first came out for the old si hatch. They are gunmetal 5 spokes. Very sharp.

Congrats on the purchase!
  • outbackvandyoutbackvandy Member Posts: 8
    I just bought a 2007 honda civic LX sedan. I like the way it looks. But I am having problem parking it. The front and back of the car cannot be seen (for aerodynamics reason??), so I never know whether it's touching the cars besides me or not.

Is it a issue for other CIVIC owner? or I just need to get a feel of it and habit will kicks in?

Thanks
  • kwhkwh Member Posts: 68
    I went to buy my son a Civic as we had already decided on that car. Red is only available in the EX or Si. So we are now going to buy a red Mazda 3 or get a used Celica. Does anybody think red will be available on the DX or LX this fall? Most of the colors of Civic are very dull.
  • tellohtelloh Member Posts: 4
    The lack of stability control and, especially, traction control, is the most disappointing aspect of my 2007 LX. I don't like the way Honda does options. My imaginary Civic is: 4-wheel disc, traction control, stability control, remote trunk opener ... without sunroof and big radio watts. The most galling thing is my ancient Saturn has traction control. :(
    Don't think so. The only color will be tango red, ralley red and habanero pearl are ex only colors and rr is only on the coupe. although there was a time where you could get ralley red on the value editon or dx of the 01-05 civic, but that is no more.

While the colors on the civic are a little conservative, i don't think they are boring either, pretty much on par with the regular versions of other sport compacts.
  • rwhrwh Member Posts: 29
    Would also be a hatchback.
    agreed.
  • wildsandpiperwildsandpiper Member Posts: 14
    Hello,

My 2007 civic LX has 4000miles on it. I've been checking the oil indicator and it's said 30%. I should wait until it said 10% to change the oil, correct?

Also, should I bring it to a Honda dealer for the maintenance services or I should just go to Jibby Lube for oil change and Firestone for tire rotation (to save money, perhaps)? Any else that I need to do in terms of regular maintenance.

Thanks
    I did mine when I got to 30%, but I had the 5k, 10k & 15k services as part of the deal. If not, I would've waited till 10% oil life. I'm not a Jiffy Lube fan, as I had a very bad experience there years ago. Will never return.
    If I were you, I'd do the 1st oil swap at the dealer so you'll be in their data bank. Never know when this might come in handy down the road.
    I'm lucky, I've got a great mechanic and also an old friend from high school who runs a local tire shop. they both take good care of our vehicles.

• practicalmanpracticalman Member Posts: 5
    Does anyone have any experience driving their new 06 or 07 civic in snow? I was wondering how it handles and goes through the snow. Good or bad?
    I am considering buying a civic for the first time in my life because of great gas mileage for a decent sized car.
    Would appreciate any feedback.
    Thanks.
    i used to live in asheville, nc and even though its not full of snow all the time, i used to drive my civic through some pretty bad morning snow and she always did great.
  • practicalmanpracticalman Member Posts: 5
    thanks for the response.
    I live in NE Ohio and we can get dumped on once in a while.
    But the snow doesn't stick around for very long.
    I have only driven FWD cars in my life so it sounds like I should be fine. I grew up in Minnesota and only had FWD cars.
    The winters here in OH are actually mild compared to MN, and I'm used to driving in snow. I think the civic will do fine for me.
  • sciontc101sciontc101 Member Posts: 3
    Blue metallic or regular white?
  • blaneblane Member Posts: 2,017
    What do you mean by durable? Sandpaper and stones will damage both.
  • jultheebolojultheebolo Member Posts: 4
    How do you guys feel about the Honda Care package?
    Is it something worth considering?

Roadside Assistance

Concierge Emergency Service

Rental Car Reimbursement

Trip Interruption

Personalized Travel Plan

Comprehensive Component Coverage

Dependable Honda Service from Factory-Trained Technicians

http://www.ahm-ownerlink.com/Warranty/warr_Care.asp#6

All of this is covered by my regular car insurance or doesn't even sound like anything I really nead anyways.

Only part that sounds like it might be worthwhile is the Comprehensive Component Coverage*

Drivetrain
    Engine, Transmission, Differential and Axles
    Electronics
    Computers, Electronic Components and Electrical System
    Chassis
    Suspension, Steering and Brake System
    Heating/Cooling
    Air Conditioning, Heating System and Cooling System
    Genuine Honda Accessories
    Audio, Cellular Phone, Navigational and Security Systems

What are your thoughts on this?
  • rich96rich96 Member Posts: 37
    On my 2007 Civic LX, I just noticed that when getting out of the car, with the door open you can lock the door with the power door lock switch and then shut the door. This would make it possible to lock your keys in the car, if you left the keys on the seat or something. This is unlike my 2004 CRV, where you cannot lock the doors with the door lock switch when the door is open. Are all 2007 Civics like this?
  • cz75cz75 Member Posts: 210
    White is considered to be the hardest color of paint and any body shop will tell you it is among the easiest to blend and repair and hides imperfections best.
  • joecarnutjoecarnut Member Posts: 215
    Thanks as I like this feature as headlights flashing arent enough sometimes in crowded parking areas?

Thanks,
    Ken
    The short answer is YES.

Hit the lock button...

ONCE and the parking lights/taillights will flash...

TWICE (within seconds after you first lock it) and the horn will honk and the parking lights/taillights will flash to confirm your car is locked. All Hondas work like this.
  • joecarnutjoecarnut Member Posts: 215
    Thank you thegraduate for the answer.

Have a Good Memorial Day!
    You too!

:)
  • themagethemage Member Posts: 6
    I live in Minnesota and I've bought my 2007 EX on January 20th. We had a couple of good snows, and it handled them as expected. I had to dig it out twice from a foot of snow, but that is to be expected. On the road it behaved nicely, but I was aware of what I was driving and did not look for trouble ;)

This reminds me of the comment that a mechanic made when a friend of mine complained that his new BMW 3 was skidding on ice: "It goes fast, it corners fast, but it still has to obey the laws of physics.".

Drive carefully and you'll be fine!
  • trini2trini2 Member Posts: 1
    The owners manual for my 2007 Civic indicates that the default setting is for the doors to lock at 15 km/hr and there are 3 options for auto door lock. My doors don't lock automatically at this time and i have tried unsuccessfully to set the options as described in the manual. Has anyone encountered a similar prob and what is the solution?
  • texansweetie90texansweetie90 Member Posts: 1
    HI, I have a new 2007 Civic and when i pull it out of the garage, i hear this high pitched squeaking noise when i turn the wheel and/or step on the break lightly--- does any one else have this problem?
  • hasehase Member Posts: 6
    I was interested in getting a strut tower bar (preferably a removable one where the brace unbolts), but I haven't been able to find any in any of the searches I have done for the 07's. Anyone know a good source for these? Thanks.
  • targettuningtargettuning Member Posts: 1,371
    The recently released Si sedan may have one of these. If so it may be able to be used on the more mainstream EX LX models without modification.
    you can probably find one for the si spec coupe/sedan, but the r18 sits differently and may intefere with it.

a lot of people on the 8thgencivic forum have swapped out si sway bars to their ex's and lx's and have noticed a nice difference.
This discussion has been closed.