Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Chrysler Pacifica Audio & Entertainment Questions

Comments

• d0ed0e Member Posts: 1
    i have a pacifica wit the dvd changer/wireless headphones/rear seat audio and after disconnection of the car battery for some reason the rear seat wireless headphone audio is not working properly. When a DVD is in, it will play. But when the Headphone button on the remote is pressed, the headphone symbol displays on the changer but the dvd screen goes 2 a blank screen that says DVD/CD No Disc but u can still hear the dvd playing thru the car speakers. Any help would be awesome. Im stumped!!!
  • cg1963cg1963 Member Posts: 8
    Ok, great, I'll contact the dealer and hopefully they'll swap out the headphones. Thank You! CJ
    Yes I have a remote that came with the car, it's not the same one that is pictured in the manual but it works so I think I'm all set on that end. Thanks. CJ
  • black2gsblack2gs Member Posts: 2
    I need any and all info on how to install system. I have a 04 awd pacifica basic factory system :cry:
  • kristianwkristianw Member Posts: 1
    My husband and I just bought a used 2005 pacifica touring that is equipped for a DVD player (in dash) but came with no screen, remote or headphones. We are wondering if maybe it came with it originally and the first owner did not include them, or where we can purchase these... I noticed that you can have the mounted dvd screen even with the sunroof, which we also have.. is this true? Any info would be appreciated! thanks!

:confuse:
  • caliberchiccaliberchic Member Posts: 402
    You sure can, I have one. You just need to find an installer with experience with this so it gets installed correctly.
  • steve3799steve3799 Member Posts: 1
    I just purchased a 2005 Pacifica Touring with the DVD In the Dash but no screen , remote or headphones. My Dealer told me that it is called "DVD Ready" Which means that it comes with the DVD in the dash but nothing else. Personally I think that is useless to have a DVD Player but no screen to watch it. I did find a seller on ebay that was selling Chrysler Rear DVD Systems for fairly reasonable $. He bought out a dealership and was liquidating parts from the shelves. There is one problem with this system. The DVD in the dash will only work with the "Chrysler" Screen and wiring harness (unless you plan to do some creative wiring job). I bought this system and had it put in this weekend and it works great with the exception of the Headphones. And the reason I think they don't work is because I just found out that there are in fact 2 models of headphones. One is a Radio frequency like 900 Mhz and the other is Infrared. I think I need the Infrared headphones in order for them to work. I hope this answered alot of your questions. The ebay seller for the DVD System is: Tauk
  • jlefevrejlefevre Member Posts: 2
    The factory radios have left and right audio outputs. The front and rear fading is done with commands from the radio to the PCI buss and then to the rear amp. The turn on signal also gets there over the PCI bus. You need a METRA CHYO-02 adaptor and then you can keep the factory amp. It takes the front and rear preamp outputs from the new radio and the amp turn on signal and runs them through a black box and presto, it all works. The sub output is not used. The factory amplifier has all of the crossovers and stuff in it. If you have the base 6 speaker system with the 200 watt amp or the 5.1 surround 385 watt intermezzo with the subwoofer, makes no difference. the Metra adaptor takes care of it. You will also need a PAC SWI-JACK adaptor if you want to keep the steering wheel controls.

The factory nav and factory uconnect audio go directly to the amplifier, not the head unit. The trick is how to contol the volume of them whith the factory system generating a PCI buss signal for the volume level. Best bet is to bite the bullet and replace nav, bluetooth, etc with a new double din head unit. You could get this all to work with the factory amp. I put a double din Kenwood in my 2008 along with sirius, bluetooth, ipod, nav, and backup camera, and provision for future rear seat DVD. The car had the intermezzo 385 watt system, no nav, no uconnect, no rear seat dvd, had sirius, had 6 disc changer. Removed factory sirius and 6 disc changer.
  • gwadihgwadih Member Posts: 3
    Hi All,
    I bought a used pacifica 2004. It has rear video panel. I tried the wireless headphones which we used in the Honda Odessy van ( I think they operate on infra red signal) and they did not work.
    First, can we use a wireless headphones for the rear video in this car? if yes, Is there specific ones?
    Any help is appreciated.
    gwadih
    I also have an '04 Pacifica and when I bought it the car had one set of headphones but I needed two additional sets for my other two kids. My dealer ordered me two sets but they do not work. I have found out that the '04 had two different Entertainment systems that model year and the wireless headphones are not compatible. You'll need to find out which system you have and then you can either get them through a Chrysler dealer or find them on Ebay. I'm still waiting for my dealer to replace the two he gave me. :mad: CG
  • mr_headphonemr_headphone Member Posts: 3
    Hello
    You need the 900mhz radio headphones with a scan button on them
    They are wireless but not infrared
    Your problem is you dealer gave you infrared not the 900 mhz model of wireless headphones
    E-bay is a great place to find them
    just make sure they are the "scan button model"
    look for and e-bayer with over 700 feedbacks and a score of 99% or better
    That way you will know they will be able to give you good advice and sell you the correct headphones.
    Thanks
    Richard
  • joe29001joe29001 Member Posts: 48
    We've got an 07 pacifica (just bought it, new) with the rear entertainment package (DVD changer, rear screen, etc). The car didn't come with a remote or headphones. The dealer said they'd order the remote, but the headphones weren't included with this package. The car came with headphone info in the glove compartment, which seems strange, if they weren't included. Does anyone know if this package included headphones?
  • se58se58 Member Posts: 2
    Hello, first check rear storage area they might have headphones. Dealer should give you remote and headphones. If not tell dealer that you want to complain with dealer license with motor vechice admistration. Dealer do not like that because if they are wrong. MVA will shut them down for one month. They can not sell cars or fix the cars. Hope this help you .
  • mecquest04mecquest04 Member Posts: 7
    Before you complain to the dealer, just make sure the package on your vehicle actually comes with the headphones. I have an '08 and I remember there being two packages available with the DVD and only one of them came with headphones. I may be wrong but before you put up a stink, make sure you deserve them. I think any good dealer would be willing to get them for you anyway just because they are not the most expensive headphones to purchase. Hope this helps!
  • sonya706sonya706 Member Posts: 2
    I am having the same problem with some new headphones I bought for my 2004 Pacifica. What ever came of your situation? Should I reset them somehow? Should my old and new hedphone be exactly alike? Sorry if I sound like a rookie, I just don't know the process and am tired of listening to Shrek the Third
  • dornerdorner Member Posts: 1
    Hi!

I have a 2004 Pacifica and I have been told by the dealer that I need a new amp. I want to try to save some money so can anyone tell me where the amp is located in the 2004 Pacifica and what watt I will need for the new amp??

Thank you for your help!!
  • hecksnaw76hecksnaw76 Member Posts: 3
    I have a 2004 pacifica and it came with the cd/dvd changer in it, but no screen. i would like to add a screen to it but i have a sun roof and i dont know how to hook up a screen to the changer. can anybody help? or any suggestions? thanks!
  • diydudediydude Member Posts: 7
    Do you want to connect an aftermarket screen? I am working on an adaptor now, and plan to make more. Anyone have a pic of the top of the dvd changer of an 04?
    Yes i would like to connect an aftermarket screen. What picture do you need to make the adaptor?
    I want a pic of the label on top of the changer. I want to see the pin out label to see if the changer has outputs for audio on the 12 pin plug. I know its not wired for it from the factory, but is it capable?

You would need to slide the changer out far enough to see the label. I've been searching the net, and haven't found one yet.
    whats the easiest way to slide my changer out?
  • secureautosecureauto Member Posts: 1
    Here's a link to instructions on how to install an aftermarket radio, just follow the first 6 steps of the instructions. http://documents.victorytechnologies.com//documents/product/1391.pdf
    hope this helps.

just wondering have you found a cable for the dvd player? And where?
    I can make the adaptors for anyone interested. I have the 12pin connectors and RCAs.
    Feel free to email me.
  • agehaaagehaa Member Posts: 1
    Chrysler IR headphones are hard to come by - especially the older models. I found a pair for my Chrysler 300 on www.audiovideo2go.com for fairly cheap (at least cheaper than the dealer).
  • securegurusecureguru Member Posts: 1
    What are you using for a double din face kit? Everything I've read to date states that the Pacificas are a euro-din and not compatible with double din units. At least not with major modifications. I'd love to get my AVIC-Z1 in my pacifica, but I've yet to find a good solution.

Any leads here would be much appreciated!!!!
  • ace24ace24 Member Posts: 4
    I have a factory 6 disc dvd player but it didn't come with an lcd tv. This took a liitle bit of homework and toying around. But I finally figured it out. I installed (2) 7" LCD tvs in the driver and passenger headrest. After doing it it is actually pretty easy. I would like to install a ceiling mount dvd lcd for the 3rd seating row. Has anyone ever done this? Contact me if you have or have any questions. Oh yeah. My wiring was nothing special. Just 1 regular RCA wire. Cheap and easy.
  • ace24ace24 Member Posts: 4
    hello,
    I want to install overhead monitor in my 2004 pacifica. Did you ever do it? How did it go? Also do you havethat wiring diagram? Any information would be great!!!
    Thx.
    Chad
  • army2800army2800 Member Posts: 7
    Great info. Can you tell me how you got a double din head unit to fit. I have the 2007 Chrysler Pacifica almost fully loaded only thing missing is the u connect and the nav. I want to get a kenwood dnx7100 or one of the new pioneer models (nav head unit) from crutch field. When I called crutch field i was told that the dnx7100 and the pioneer i was looking at would not fit. Please help me if you can.
  • army2800army2800 Member Posts: 7
    Hey ace24,
    send me directions on what you did. the big issue i have is Are there any aftermarket headunits that will control the 6 disc dvd/cd changer that came with the 2007 pacifica.
  • 04pacman04pacman Member Posts: 23
    Hi jlefevre, I've installed a double din in my 04, it takes a little work and some cutting but it can be done. used a install kit, modified by cutting and using epoxy to fill in the gaps. I'm currently working on a custom mold that I will offer when done. Anyway here's a link to some pics of the install, Install pics I will try to post some updated pics of the finish work around the edges this weekend. Hope this helps for now. Let me know if you have any questions. still have the wiring diagrams if you need them. Rick
  • aormenoaormeno Member Posts: 2
    My car is Pacifica 2007, I need connect my DVD Player and Satellite Radio on my Original Radio but the radio have only one audio entry, somebody tell me I need a splitter, another person tell me I need adaptor, the adaptor you offer for what is?

Thank you for you help
  • aormenoaormeno Member Posts: 2
    My car is a pacifica 2007 when a buy the car have a AM FM, SIRIUS, but them I buy the original 6 DVD player, but the person how install the DVD tell me : he can't not connect booth because the radio have only one audio entry, and I need find a special cable (Splitter or adaptor or multiplexes or multijack).

Is possible Connect SIRIUS and 6 DVD Player to Original Radio?

If somebody can help Me I really appreciate!

Cell: (501) 442-1491

Thanks
  • thepodd10thepodd10 Member Posts: 1
    I am trying to install a aftermarket stereo into my 2005 pacifica. I am having a problem with getting sound through my speakers. I ordered a harness through ebay it is made by scosche. the directions say that it will work with a factory amp, however I am not getting any sould.

Please help me.
  • jlefevrejlefevre Member Posts: 2
    A double Din is exactly the height of the opening in the dash with the trim removed. Basicall all you need to fill in are the sides. Get any type of single din kit and simply cut the sides off and use them to the left and right of the radio. You are right , there is on aftermarket double din kit but it will fit. I made 2 L shaped brackets that screw on the the factory hols on the side of the radio and then the radio slides in and the other leg of the brackets uses the same mounting hole in the dash that the factory radio used. I had to trim a little behind the dash on some plastic parts with a dremel moto tool to get clearance for the rear of the radio. I also removed the factory DVD changer below the radio and got the Chrysler storage pocket that is there when you have a car with the DVD player. That is where I can stash the iPod. I drilled a hole in the back of the new storage pocket for the cable.
  • yottsyotts Member Posts: 10
    I have a Alpine IVA-310 stereo unit complete with brain box and mutiple other boxes and antennas for TV. I know very little about this stereo but seen it was originally 1500.00 when new. I would like to know can anyone here tell me if it is worth the time installing this into my 2007 Pacifica. It seems like a very hard task with this stereo. Can also someone tell me if the metra (CHTO-2) box will help me at all with the installation ? ;)
  • tedjaneskitedjaneski Member Posts: 1
    I just bought a 2004 Pacifica and I have the 6 dvd changer and the LCD, but the headphones and the remote did not come with it. Could anyone tell me where to buy them?
  • tizlamtizlam Member Posts: 12
    ebay....but you will have more serious problems 2 worry about. sorry..Wait till you turn the key and nothing happens, and you think your battery is dead or your alternator, but its just a glitch and no dealer can tell u why it doesn't work. and everybody on this board cant find out what the problem is, cause it wont happen in the dealer present, but when your [non-permissible content removed] is freezing the car doesnt start, but the dealer of course isnt no where around, and this has been going on for 4 years..!!!!!!!!!!!!! But they wont recall, BULL :sick: LSHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • irismgirismg Member Posts: 345
    All this from a CD changer??!
  • adld3adld3 Member Posts: 1
    I have an 05 Pacifica with the 6 DVD player and am looking for the 12 pin- DVD to Video- adaptor.Could you foward me information,was thinking about making one ,but I can't locate the 12 pin adaptor.

thanks
  • 254roger254roger Member Posts: 1
    i have an 06 pacifica without a dvd entertainment system. it has the mp3 single disc. i just bought the complete system excluding the radio from my friends wrecked 04. we could not get the wiring harness before it was hauled away. i need all the wiring from the radio to the dvd and from the dvd to the screen that will make this thing work. does anyone have these #s. i tried looking through the junk yards. not many pacificas there. any help would be great. thanks
  • 24trojan24trojan Member Posts: 2
    Hi diydude,

I have a 2007 Pacifica and I want to install a 2005 6 disc dvd changer and monitor. Do you think you could help me with the harness es that I need? Chrysler wants a fortune for them.

Thanks,
    24trojan
  • 24trojan24trojan Member Posts: 2
    Hi steve3799,

Could you please assist me in contacting your source for the dvd equipment.

Thank's
    24trojan
  • rbliverblive Member Posts: 1
    Hi, My wife's '05 Pacifica DVD 6-changer is having issues, the CDs/DVDs get stuck inside the changer, becomes inoperable and the unit does not eject the CDs/DVDs. The changer also keeps making noise as if it is trying to eject the CDs/DVDs but in cannot. Any clues on how to fix this? or how do i remove the DVD changer. Many thanks in advance.
  • minifleaminiflea Member Posts: 1
    Reviving an old post in the hopes that someone has input... chris5639 said:

------------------
    The mode button toggles between DVD and Sirius radio in my Pacifica. Put a DVD in the drive and then let it play, then hit play on your ipod. The system will detect voltage from your ipod's audio output and switch automatically to it. It's certainly not ideal. I would have prefered a dedicated button. If you do a search you'll find people complaining about the system switching between ipod and dvd when there's a break (silence) between songs playing from the ipod.
    ------------------

I have a question about this - is voltage being sent *to* whatever is plugged in to the RCA inputs? I ask because I've blown 2 Soundgate Zune Core units plugged in to this interface. Doesn't take long, usually a day or two of use and I lose audio capability from the unit. It's still charging my Zune, but no audio or video. I plugged the zCore unit into my other car and it is dead there too (while my other zCore unit is working fine), so it isn't that the inputs aren't detecting the audio, the zCore is dead. I have concerns about plugging *anything* in to the A/V inputs in the Pacifica unless there is something I can add inline to protect against a surge from the RCA inputs

Any thoughts?
  • kimmckimmc Member Posts: 1
    Can you please let me know if you received any responses to this? We have had the same issue. We have taken the DVD player out and manually removed 2 DVD's that appears to be stuck, but we did notice there are a couple of small parts that are broken or no longer attached to the player itself. We doubt it can be repaired - so we want to know where a new player can be purchased? Do we have to order through Chrysler? The part no. is P05094031AA and it was manufactured for Chysler by Dolby Laboratories. Thanks
  • prasanna777prasanna777 Member Posts: 6
    Hello,

I am trying to installa double din on a 2004 Pacifica. I am interested in buying a mounting kit, if you have one. Please let me know. Thanks!
  • jsd8574jsd8574 Member Posts: 1
    I just bought a 2005 Pacifica..love it, but the I have no radio sound. The radio lights work and so does CD player but there is no audio......help! Clock on radio resets to 12:00 when I restart car
  • pacifica7pacifica7 Member Posts: 1
    What are RF headphones? I cannot get my ipod to play either.
  • for2natefor2nate Member Posts: 1
    Hi, I too have '05 Pacifica DVD 6-changer is having issues, the CDs/DVDs get stuck inside the changer, becomes inoperable and the unit does not eject the CDs/DVDs. The changer also keeps making noise as if it is trying to eject the CDs/DVDs but in cannot. Any clues on how to fix this? or how do i remove the DVD changer.
    Thanks
  • gwadihgwadih Member Posts: 3
    I have pacifica 2004. I connected my iphone to the RCA audio in. But I could not play it?? I toggled in between the CD and CD/DVD player but could not get AUX channel?? Does anybody know how do play the ipod through the RCA audio in connection?
    Thanks