Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Nissan XTerra SUV

Comments

• Options
    haldudehaldude Member Posts: 18
    I may have bought the right SUV, but I should have taken better note of Edmund's comment that the Xterra has 'uncomfortable front seats'. Crimany, I'm not looking for a Caddy ride, but these are ridiculous! It's like the lumbar is in the wrong place and just shoves me in the back. I've had the car 9 days and am getting serious buyer's remorse from this problem. As a possible solution, I thought I'd ask if anyone has heard of installing a Pathfinder driver seat in place of the original....?? If I can't solve this, I'm going to take my loss and go with the Acura MDX.
  • Options
    likexterralikexterra Member Posts: 17
    There are plenty of solutions, including extra lumbar cushions or other padding. You can stick 'em under the "waterproof" seat covers if you want to hide them and you like the covers in the first place. I wouldn't can the X over something as minor as the seats, especially when you're willing to spend $10k more on an MDX to make up for it! You can buy replacement seats or do most anything to suit you and make you comfortable for far less money. And the MDX is 100% new as far as I know, I wouldn't take that risk over the seats either even if I had the extra dough to move up.
    And just what makes you think the MDX will be any more comforable? A test drive? So you didn't test drive the X?

Just playing devil's advocate, if you demand comfort, don't buy a "back to basics" SUV, especially without checking this important quality out first.

Brent
  • Options
    xcanukxcanuk Member Posts: 372
    I'll agree, you have a lot of options to make the X more comfortable, they suit me just fine in my case.
    This topic has come up off and on again, anyone coming from a car will suffer more, due to the new driving position, ( more upright ). Go through the full range of movement with your seats, give it 2 more weeks, then decide if you need the support. I'm on the opposite end, so used to being in a truck ( the X isn't my first ) that I go through pains when I'm in a car.
    My 2 cents anyway..
  • Options
    Hey guys, thanks for the input on my pain in the seat. As far as test drives go, of course I took one. Unfortunatley, this problem doesn't become apparent during a 15 minute test drive where you have all the other sensory input to deal with. The Acura didn't get ragged on for seat discomfort and with it's various adjustments, etc., I'm drawing a fairly reasonable conclusion. Besides, it would be hard to get anything more uncomfortable than this recycled ironing board. My 12 speed isn't as brutal as the X is!

Anyway, getting constructive again.... Can anyone elaborate on available replacement seats? The cushion solution is proving to be unviable as it eats up legroom I sorely need. (I've got pretty long legs..).

Thanks, veterans.

haldude
  • Options
    When I got my X, I did manage to score some Racaro seats, but couldn't match the rails to my liking.. the x seats are a complete unit, rail & seat combo. I got the neoprene covers for my original seats, and they ended up adding the little more support & comfort.

I don't know of any straight swap, but if you head down to a proper aftermarket seat shop, ( check under custom vans ), these guys are wiz's at matching rails with what ever seat you want to spend your money on, and maybe extend the rails so you get more distance. Good luck with your back.
  • Options
    to xcanuk for the idea! This group therapy session has made me fell better already. (Sort of)
  • Options
    jaws0068jaws0068 Member Posts: 1
    I have owned a number of cars during the last almost 35 years of being a licensed driver, and the Xterra is undoubtidely the most fun to drive, etc. Your so-called experts don't know didedly about driving or enjoying the type of vehicle the Xterra is. I have owned my X for over a year and have had no problems or complaints with it. It has performed better than expected. It is not a race car or a sports car. It is a truck and should be handled like a truck. Your inspectors or editors should know a little more about a vehicle before commenting on it. The X has proven to be quite successful and over 100,000 owners during the first year can't all be wrong. I think the three reporters are absolutely NUTS and think they should be sentenced to drive a YUGO for the next six months before they are allowed back in the business!! Just my two cents worth of comments to Edmunds.com.

JAWS
  • Options
    mpsxmpsx Member Posts: 2
    I am ready to seal the deal for my 2001 X-Terra 4x4 SE. Right now I have an interior bike rack included. has anyone used this or the roof or hitch bike racks? I just want to know which of these is the easiest to use. I can't imagine it being easy to lift a bike to the roof and I think that the hitch rack would force you to remove the bikes before opening the back gate. I believe that I'm only sacrificing interior cargo space and need to take the time to remove the front wheel. Any advice?????
  • Options
    2xterras2xterras Member Posts: 36
    Personally, I wouldn't want to put my muddy, dirty bike inside the back of my X. If you have a tow hitch, I'd go with a hitch bike rack. There are several on the market that easily fold down for access to the back gate. I've heard that a few of the roof racks are a bit unsturdy, though I don't have any firsthand information since I've never tried one.

Though you can find it cheaper just about anywhere else, check out www.xterraparts.com. They have several hitch racks that work well. Get the name and model and try to find it cheaper somewhere else.

Good Luck.
  • Options
    you can get a hitch rack that will hold up to 4 (I've seen up to 6, though I wouldn't recommend it) bikes. In the back of the X, you can only fit up to 2 bikes. I also remember someone complaining that their bike just barely doesn't fit in the back even with the front wheel removed.

Something to think about.
  • Options
    I used to run with my bikes on the back, I adapted a spare tire rack to my 4runner, it was nice, I was considering a hitch rack for my X at the beginning. I found the following cons, any swing away rack was expensive, I like to run without it when not in use and saw it was a chore to install and take off, the bikes ended up lower than I liked... too many tailgaters here, and the bikes blocked my rear stop lights.

I opted for them up top, I had my own concerns about the lift, but after the 3rd time, they just about flew up there. The only drawback is I can't go to most drive throughs any more.

Check out my album at http://photos.yahoo.com/x_canuk
    or for a complete list of roof top options
    http://straydawg.com/yakrak.html
  • Options
    xcellenttrkxcellenttrk Member Posts: 61
    i have to say that i LOVE the seats in my X. although i've never sat in anything but the driver's seat. anyway, i drove a 99 VW Passat w/o power seats, and a 98 Merc. Mystique w/ power seats, both before my X. As soon as i got into the X for a test drive and to this day, I think its the most comfortable to sit in! There aren't 10 different ways to adjust them, which is a pain in the heiny (no pun intended) after someone else drives it. There's no up and down, side to side, lumbar support, etc. Its straight forward, and damn comfortable.
  • Options
    stfrancesstfrances Member Posts: 9
    I have driven 2 Hondas, 1 Toyota, 2 Saabs, and my X. I have to say that the X is the best in the seat department. My 94 Saab has seats that "cup" you. I have to lay the seat back just so I don't feel like my head is being pushed forward. I am a 5' 5" female and the X has just the right support in just the right place for me. My husband is 5' 11" and he has not complained - but he has only been allowed to drive it twice! My one and only complaint would be that the seats are so low to the floor. On long trips my legs tend to get tired. I know that is how most trucks are so I will just learn to deal with it!
  • Options
    silverxglidersilverxglider Member Posts: 125
    I am on the short side so I have had to sit on some kind of cushion in every vehicle I've owned in order to see over the front end the way I like. Therefore, I can't comment on the comfort of the seat itself exactly. When I first got my X though, the driving position was so different from my Trooper that it made my right leg ache after a while. My right foot was angled differently and I thought it was going to drive me crazy. I ended up playing with the seat position a lot and moving my leg around but after a couple of weeks, everything just fell into place and now it feels fine. Good luck with yours.
  • Options
    xsexse Member Posts: 66
    ive complained about the seats before with no simpathy either.
    i have owned hondas,saab,lexus and the xterra seats dont compare. imo, the seats are decent-avg- and nothing to write home about.

i wouldnt say they are bad, but they arent great either. i think compared to the 4runner, jeep cherokee, montero sport- they run about the same. well ok, my bum says the jeep seats blow.
  • Options
    that is no way to call your .... oh.. you mean your rear end.. umm do they blow hot or cold ?
  • Options
    xsexse Member Posts: 66
    ok, bust my chops why dont ya! :)

and to answer your question- jeeps blow chunks (the cherokee sport, anyway)
  • Options
    mindiemindie Member Posts: 109
    Hi everyone! I've been reading these Xterra boards for the past few days, but now I've decided to join in the conversations as well. My name is Mindie and I'm a potential X owner. First, I have a few questions for you all:
    First, let me give you a little background that might help you help me. I'm currently driving a 1990 Honda Accord LX Coupe. My husband stuck some alloys on it and lowered it back when he was driving it. So I'm accustomed to a light, quick, low-to-the-ground automobile. It's also an automatic transmission. Last January, my husband bought a manual Jetta VR6, and I've learned how to drive a stick pretty well on it. When I first started considering new cars for myself (we plan to purchase one around January, though maybe sooner), I was thinking of the Solara convertible, Prelude, Eclipse Spyder, Celica, old 240 SX, etc. Then I heard a story from a friend about hitting a deer - she had just gotten rid of her Honda Accord (a lot like mine) for a Blazer. The story kinda freaked me out, and that day my husband and I visited the Nissan dealer to look at the X and PF. The PF is a little out of our price range, and I loved the X anyway. So there's a brief history on me and how I came to the X!
    Which somewhat leads me up to my first question: given that I have NEVER had a truck, nor have I ever driven a truck more than about 20 miles, and given that I am reasonably comfortable with driving a stick, what do you all recommend in the way of a transmission for my X? The one I test drove was an auto... I didn't have a problem with that at all. And I'm not concerned about the price savings of a stick over the auto. Does anyone have any feedback about whether the first stick I own should be a truck? Especially when winter's coming (I live in KY, but we do actually get some snow sometimes), will I have trouble with my first stick, in my first truck, in the snow?
    I'll make that the only question I put on this post - it got kinda long on me! I look forward to your helpful comments!

Min
  • Options
    Okay, second: I'm unclear about the "sunroof" on the SE. I plan on getting the SE 4X4, and I'm not adverse to having a somewhat silly sunroof. But what I've read about the roof is conflicting - does it simply pop *up*, or does it pop *out*? I.e. does the entire piece of glass stay attached to the roof of the vehicle though it pops up, or does that piece of glass lift out of the roof (and get placed in the back of the truck or where-ever)?
    That should be an easy one.

Min
  • Options
    Lastly, I've read about some people who are unimpressed with the speakers in the X. Are you all satisfied with your sound systems? If anyone knows much about speakers, in general, how much would it cost to replace the speakers with better ones (aftermarket, of course)?
    TIA again for your contributions!

Min
  • Options
    First, the X's shifter is considerably longer than an average car's shifter and you may find it awkward at first. Still, once you get used to it, I'm sure everyone on this board would agree that it is one of the most functional and easy to use shifters anywhere (I was forced into getting and auto by my wife) :-(

Second, the sunroof does NOT pop out, just pops up. Even though it isn't the world's greatest sunroof, it is good at letting in some extra air in the cabin, especially when it's too cold to open the windows. You can simply pop up the sunroof (with the basket removed) and let air in. Personally, I could go either way with having or not having a sunroof in the X.

Third, though the speakers aren't horrible (ever try listening to the stock Z3's stereo without the Harmon Kardon package -- now that is horrible) I personally found them to be inadequate, especially while driving on the highway (freeway for you west coast people). I have completely redone the stereo system in my X. I have a Pioneer CD head unit (not necessary), 2 MTX 6 3/4" and tweeter component speakers in the front, 2 Sony XPlod 3 way 6X9's in the back, and I've added 2 10" Orion XTR Series II subs pumping at 700 watts RMS each. Now that I've told everyone what I have, I can't tell anyone where I live. :-) I know that may be a little overkill, but car stereos is a bit of my hobby. If all you wish to do is replace the speakers with decent aftermarket speakers, you're looking at about $100-$200 for the components in the front and another $70-$150 for the 6X9's in the back. The Sony XPlods fit well in the rear compartment. I originally had installed a pair of 4 way Pioneer 6X9s in the back, but they were too much of a squeeze and pushed on the outside body panel. Make sure the speaker you install is on the slim side of the speaker spectrum, or you run into damaging your rear side panel by pushing it outwards.

Now I've yapped too much. Hope this helped.
  • Options
    The deciding factor to getting an X.. is if you need it? Got extra cargo to carry that wouldn’t fit in a car ? need room for equipment ? got dogs ? do you want to offroad ? want the security of a 4x4 traction in snow ? Then you want an X !. If the answer is no to the above and you still want power, quickness stay with a car. If you plan on hitting deer at 60+ mph, the X won'’ be any better than a car, it would be the same as hitting a brick wall.. expect damage. A similar sized car won’t fair any better of worse than an X. (IMO)

Manual truck, versus auto.. you have to "want" to drive manual.. it gets old fast, and you might get tired of shifting. I can’t imagine driving an auto because I find them boring. Manual is easier in the snow.. if you do go for it, it becomes second nature. I used to let my wife use my truck when she first learned, she said it was easier in the truck than the sports car.. only because the truck wasn’t geared so close.
  • Options
    Not sure if you're asking this or not, but if you're concerned about feeling uncomfortable with the X as far as handling compared to your Honda, let me relate this:
    My wife has only driven a Civic and an early Camry her entire life, and is extremely timid in general when it comes to driving. She was a bit nervous about driving a "truck" but within a month we had to come up with a schedule of sorts for who got to drive it, she liked it so much.

You might not adapt the same way, but she sure surprised the hell out of me. I was hoping she wouldn't get too comfortable so I could drive it more...

Brent
  • Options
    I am a female that has never driven a truck(on a regular basis)before I bought the X. I always drove a stick and would find it very hard to go to an auto. I decided on a truck because I wanted to carry/tow/throw on top, etc. things/children/dogs that just don't work with a car. Also, I was tired of my butt being so low to the ground! Anyway, I have had my X for almost 3 months and I love it. It was a terrific decision for me. My husband is not allowed in my X! I agree with everyone else on the board - it has to be what you really want or it won't satisfy you.
  • Options
    Thanks! Great responses - did I expect anything less? A couple of things:

2x: I really value the stereo info - have saved it for future reference

xcanuk: We do have snowboards and skis that my husband refuses to rack on his roof, and the rack we currently own doesn't fit my Honda. So the X will come in handy there. The 4X4 in snow is attractive, and we plan to have big dogs within a couple years (though if our parents were in charge, we'd be having kids instead of dogs!!). My other reasons for liking/wanting an X range from it just being a fun car, and it's rather unique. I like having something that none of my friends have. This was also part of the reasoning behind the Altima I got in 97 (great car, BTW)... I like being an individual, having something different from everyone else.

likex: I expect to have an adaption period where I get used to driving a truck. But since I'm aware that trucks drive (much) differently than cars, I don't think it'll be a problem. The story of your wife makes me feel even better about it!

stf: Thanks for the feedback - knowing fellow females that have made the switch is encouraging!

all: the whole transmission issue may come down to what is (or isn't) available when we decide to buy. The dealer has a perfect X that is exactly what I want - the transmission is the only undecided factor still - and it's an auto. If my husband decides to surprise me and buy the X sooner than later, I'll get that auto (if it's still around). If it's gone and I have to order one, I'll order the manual.

Thanks again for the input!

Min
  • Options
    Clarification on the deer fear: my friend hit a buck that looked them square in the eye in their Blazer. She says they didn't even feel the impact, but that the truck was not drivable. For a deer that big, she expected it would have gone through the windshield on the smaller, shorter Honda she had before. Either way, she and her family were not injured driving the Blazer, and she speculated that they wouldn't be in such good shape if they'd been driving the Honda. I think I've expressed that this story isn't the sole reason I'm looking at the X - or at least I've meant to express that. It's just what turned my focus away from the small sporty cars.

Min
  • Options
    Just a few thoughts. Hitting a deer isn't going to be pleasant no matter what you're driving but it seems to me that you may be a bit safer in a bigger, taller vehicle like an X as opposed to a small car. The X may sacrifice itself for you better than a sports car type vehicle.

Car v. truck: a matter of preference. I started out in small cars with auto trannies, then I got my first truck (an Isuzu Trooper) with a 5 speed, and a Ford Ranger. THEY were trucklike and took some getting used to. In comparison, the X is vastly more car-like in its handling, IMHO. You do have to be aware of the different handling characteristics of a vehicle with a higher center of gravity, etc. but as long as you don't drive like a maniac it's not hard to adjust.

Auto v. Manual: I love a manual and would never go back. I think you have more control in snow with a manual. PLus, an X with 4WD is probably better in winter driving than a front wheel drive car. I don't think it matters that its a truck as opposed to a car in terms of handling the stick. The X stick/clutch are VERY smooth and easy. The long stick looks pretty strange but felt absolutely normal to me as soon as I started the test drive.

Speakers: they sound great to me. But remember, I came from a Trooper. (What speakers? Were there speakers?)

By the way, I am a five foot tall female. :)
  • Options
    xeroxero Member Posts: 5
    We need to educate these poor deer to stay out of the road!! I never knew there was such an abundant problem of deer jerky on the highway that it could determine what car or truck we buy!
    Fortunately, in CA we have killed off every animal that may possibly get in the way of our beautiful vehicles!!
  • Options
    That explains a lot of things, I'll stay on the East Coast and North.
    There is one positive things to say about you all on the West coast ( ok.. it goes for the rest of you too :) ) X people are big hearted as well as a bit nuts.
    Most of you must know there is a R/C ( remote control ) version of the Xterra. Unfortunately, ( for me ) only available state side at your Target stores.
    Another X'er went out and actually sent me one, he also sent 3 others to Hawaii ( who were in the same position ).. all for nothing. A very unique offer now at days.. and just shows that not only is the X at the top of the heap, but so are the owners. Its the first group I don't mind being a member of.
  • Options
    I have dropped so many heavy hints for one this Christmas I'm surprised no one has gotten hurt. (Like me for not shutting up about it.) :)
  • Options
    That was beautiful. I think I'm going to cry...

:)
  • Options
    I have two Target stores within ten miles of me. I'll have to check this R/C out for me.. cough cough...I mean my children.
  • Options
    My husband and I took an alternate route to work today because of an accident, and we drove by the dealer where my X is. They had it placed out on the front row at the end of a line of Frontiers. I thought that was kinda strange until my husband pointed out that we had told the salesman we drive by the dealership a few times a week on our way to the YMCA... so he probably stuck it there to make us keep thinking about it. Not that he needed to do that to make me keep thinking about it! It amused me though, so I thought I'd share.

Min
  • Options
    looks like the dealer can charge the ad fee now..
  • Options
    i am SO excited!!! i just read about it and called my fiancee and told her what else i want for the holidays and she said NO!!! i totally convinced her to get it for me and i'm so damn happy!! i have a tear in my eye!!

as for mindy,
    my x is my first truck, and my first stick. i've had it for about 1 1/2 months, and absolutely love it!! is it necessary to get the SE vs. the XE w/ 3 packages??? i personally don't think so. i had the opportunity to get a 2000 SE in black w/ a stick for about $21,000 but i didn't have the money that week. when i went back to buy it a week later, it was gone!! so i opted to get a 2001 XE w/ 3 packages and the stick. if you're concerned about hitting deer (i live in NJ, deer capital in winter) get a pushbar, it might help you a little bit. and maybe get a bra on the nose so that the blood won't stain your paint!! ;) all in all, i love my truck, won't trade it in for anything!!! my fiancee loves it (although she doesn't drive stick, and i'm not gonna teach her). and like you said previously, its unique and none of my friends have it!!! as a matter of fact, i thought i got such a unique color, Just Blue (one of the very first in NJ) and i saw 2 in the past week!!! on that note, good luck and buy your X!!!!
  • Options
    Thanks for the comments! As for whether the SE is necessary... maybe not, though I am starting to like the idea of having the sunroof. And is it correct that the titanium accents on the dash only come with the SE? I do like those, so if that is the case, I'll definitely stick with the SE over the XE.

xcanuk - oh, the fees they like to add on... fortunately, since my husband works for a company that is technically a supplier to Nissan, he can purchase Nissan vehicles through their VPP plan, and we'll end up getting it cheaper than they'll let most customers get it. It's all about connections!

Min
  • Options
    was just making a funny.. they were advertising directly to you..and would charge you for it. Not enough coffee in my system at the time.
  • Options
    mpsxmpsx Member Posts: 2
    i picked up my black SE 4x4 last night. i was convinced that i would like it from all that i have heard and from my own test drive, but the hour drive back home made me sure of it. i felt so comfortable driving it--and this comes after driving my little sports car. thanks for the advise on the bike rack. i decided on the trailer mount. time to drive home in the snow that is falling as i write this--going to enjoy this wisconsin winter!
  • Options
    well then... enjoy it :-), just don't be over confident in the snow
  • Options
    guitargirlguitargirl Member Posts: 1
    I was seriously thinking of purchasing either a Ford Explorer Sport or a KIA, but after reading through on this site completely changed my mind! You all sound satisfied with your Xterra...I am going to look into getting myself one! All I have to do now is convince my husband! This is a great site! By the way, you all sound extrememly happy with your Xterra, have any of you had any problems with the vehicle?
  • Options
    eatchickeneatchicken Member Posts: 4
    I'm just about convinced that I want to become an Xterra owner. I'm looking at the XE 4X4 with the 3 pack. I'm wondering though, has anyone had any problems with the 4x4? I live in Atlanta, and with winter coming, I'm hoping to avoid sliding around on the icy roads that the winter inevitably brings. Also fschaad49 posted about his recent purchase of an X here in town. Where? I'd like to go to that same dealership if they worked so well with you. Thanks.
  • Options
    I don't think anyone has had any significant problems with their Xterra to date. I certainly haven't.

As for sliding on icy roads, the Xterra isn't going to help you at all. Icy roads are just that, icy, and any vehicle will slide. 4x4 only helps you get and keep moving, it does not help you stop or turn any better.
    Drive on slick surfaces with extreme caution, and keep in mind that when a 4000 lb. Xterra gets loose it's going to be much harder to recover that a 2500 lb. car and will do a lot more damage to anything that it hits if you don't.

Brent
  • Options
    I saw an earlier post about the 2wd version with LSD being capable enough off road and even being able to handle snow. Looks like I can save a few bucks going with the 2wd. Comments?
  • Options
    I've had mine for 6 months, almost 10,000 miles, and have had absolutely no trouble either.

As far as icy roads go, a 4WD of any kind may enable you to keep going when others can't. This can be a big help if for some reason you must travel immediately and can't wait for conditions to improve. Just pretend you're driving a rear wheel drive with four bald tires, though. That'll keep you in a properly respectful state of mind about your ability to stop.
  • Options
    I think it probably depends on how much off-roading you are going to do and how much snow you're going to see. A 2wd with LSD is probably a little more capable than 2wd without but not as capable as 4wd with LSD. Some folks have gotten 2wds and have since traded up to 4wd. Others are satisfied with the 2wd. For winter driving, I got a 4wd with LSD. I will take all the help I can get.
  • Options
    unclemartybobunclemartybob Member Posts: 1
    I bought a 2001 SE-2WD Auto 6 days ago w/5 miles on it. I had one experience on day 3 where while driving though a parking lot I applied the brakes and they seemed very slow to slow the car. Yesterday I was pulling up behind a van to park. It was a slight downhill drive, so I was already applying the brake and doing < 15mph. As I started to completely slow and stop behind the van, the Xterra started to accelerate. I am a one foot driver so I know I didn't have a foot on the gas, and I looked to verify that both feet were on the brake petal(standing on it!). The Xterra basically 'hopped' 15 feet into the van (moving it 2 feet)before stopping. I have 2 sets of marks, 1 set for the braked front wheels and 1 for the spinning back wheels. Anyone heard of other similar experiences? I wonder if this happen to a much lesser extent in the 1st exp. I described??? Help!
  • Options
    I've been reading some of the earlier posts and thanks for all the info. You seem to know what you're talking about. The same goes for the many other posts that I've read. Ask me how to build a building, and I'll tell you. Ask me about a car, and I'm screwed. Anyway, Can you explain limited slip differential? I know the principal behind it, but before I jump and make a decision about which type of Xterra I want to buy, I want to make sure I have ALL the facts. Also, the 4 wheel drive on the xterra is not a full time system, correct? Thanks in advance.
  • Options
    i'm off the drug kick now, but the LSD does help out a little, especially to take the edge off a hard day's work...
    mindie,
    i saw on ebay yesterday that you can get the titanium dash kits and stuff for less thatn $100.00...and yes, it is only on the 2001 SE. the 2000 SE i looked at didn't have it. it definately is a cool looking feature. the sunroof is almost totally useless in the SE. i was driving a 99 VW Passat w/ a power sunroof, and swore to myself that i'd never get another car (or truck) w/o a sunroof. so far i don't miss it, we'll see in the summer. but i never used the tilt on the sunroof (actually it was a moonroof.) if you really want it, go for it!!! good luck to you and all the future Xers!!!
  • Options
    Yes, I have heard about this on a government complaint database. If you will put your email address in your profile I will email the info to you. Thanks, Cheryl
  • Options
    xeroxero Member Posts: 5
    I can't remember anyone having any problems even remotely similiar to yours. I'd be standing on the dealer's doorstep. Good luck.