Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Acura TSX Navigation

2»

Comments

• rwmastersrwmasters Member Posts: 1
    A friend of mine has a 2005 TSX four door and she tried to put a GPS in it and it blow the fuses. I know this is not the question you asked but I thought you could answer my question. Do you have any suggestions what GPS is best to install without blowing the fuses? Robert
  • biker4biker4 Member Posts: 746
    Something is wrong with the GPS being installed - current gen portable GPS units consume just a few watts of power and should not pop even a 5 A car fuse. Or there's something wrong with the power socket into which it is being installed. Try it in another car to see if it does the same thing to eliminate the socket issue.
  • mdz04mdz04 Member Posts: 1
    It did not improve with the 2009TSX. Still lousy navi and even worse voice recognition. $185 per year to refresh the map system is ridiculous. I bought a Garmin Nuvi with lifetime live traffic for less than that for my Z. My "free" cell phone form Verizon is junk but still has no problems with voice recognition. This is not a $ issue--it's a quality issue. In the 21st century I expect better software engineering. There is much to love about this car but the navi is not part of it. If I had it to do over, I would skip the tech package and just buy a better aftermarket radio and a decent Garmin.
  • aam051170aam051170 Member Posts: 1
    When driving 2009 tsx and the sun is behind the car, the glare off the Navi screen is BLINDING. Anyone have this problem? Better yet..any solutions??
  • bformanbforman Member Posts: 2
    edited September 2010
    Two weeks ago we bought a 2010 TSX and are very disappointed in the Navigation system. We having problems about finding locations and routing isn't always correct. A few times if we didn't know where we were going, we would have gotten lost. Also, I don't like the voice telling me to take the 2nd right turn etc., most of the time it is the next right turn. Also, a feature I like about my portable Garmin is that it lists the speed limit and my current speed wherever I am. This is a great feature that all GPS's should have. My TSX system doen's have this feature. Compared to the Garmin system, this NAV system seems inferior and much less sophisticated. Acura isn't responding to these problems. We've talked to the Service dept and Customer relations. They don't want to do anything about it. I think at the least they should give us the latest update free of charge. This Nav system is too expensive to not perform as well as my $99.00 Garmin.
  • shabadoo25shabadoo25 Member Posts: 232
    If you love your $99 Garmin so much, why did you buy a Tech TSX?
  • bformanbforman Member Posts: 2
    A normal person would expect a $2000 nav system in a premium car would be much better than an $99 portable system. We are very dissappointed that this isn't true.
  • fedlawmanfedlawman Member Posts: 3,118
    A normal person would learn about the system before spending $2000 on it.
  • fedlawmanfedlawman Member Posts: 3,118
    A normal person might spend a few minutes learning about the system to determine if it meets their needs before spending $2000 to purchase it.
  • eblockeblock Member Posts: 2
    Do I speak Swahili? This nav system stinks. It rarely understands what I say. It has a different address for my house than the correct one. When I leave my community heading S it wants me to go N to a different cross street & then head S. It won't xfer my cell phone #s so I would need to manually add them all in to the voice system, but as I said above it doesn't understand my English.
  • steevosteevo Member Posts: 389
    Its interesting that reviewers tend to praise the Honda/Acura Nav systems. I buy a lot of cars, and in my opinion the Nav is weak at best. Nissan/Infiniti system is much nicer and even looks cool with the 3d views and all. Does Honda even offer Nav traffic yet?
  • biker4biker4 Member Posts: 746
    Yes, traffic is available. Like many other things automotive, the lead Honda once had in certain areas (like NAV) is gone and others makers are passing it by.
This discussion has been closed.