Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2003 Toyota Camry Exterior

Comments

• ctlctl Member Posts: 129
    mine went out (didn't know there is a console warning light for that also), it is the bulb on the side of the car. I suppose there is no need to change the whole assembly? anyone got experience changing the bulb? where to buy it? thanks.
  • solara2kdesolara2kde Member Posts: 5
    I'm trying to find a good source for a new set of aftermarket taillights and headlights for my '00 Solara. The OEM tail lights are annoying and time to get rid of them. I have seen a few Euro-styles on eBay and probably will go that way. I also saw some nice new headlight assemblies for the '04 on ebay somewhere and was hoping to find a simular product for the '00 models.

Anyone know of a good source for either?

I also want to locate a aftermarket bolt-on-replacement grill for the same car. My original grill started peeling about 6-months after I bought the car and the dealer was doing their usual 'sorry about your luck' or 'you expect too much' routines.
  • meegwellmeegwell Member Posts: 67
    Toyota has apparently pulled this item because of customer complaints -- something to do w/ the brackets.

They may have a redesigned unit back on the shelves down the road a piece.

Meegwell
  • lpaeslpaes Member Posts: 17
    Hello All:

Where I can find door edge guards for 2007 camry ?
    Once I get them, i can probably install them myself -
    anyone know what dealers charge for this ? is there a cheaper alternative ?

Thanks.
  • 210delray210delray Member Posts: 4,721
    You can find aftermarket door edge guards at auto parts stores. You cut them to the length you want. They have adhesive inside and you just install them along the door edge -- the outside temp has to be above 70 degrees or so for the adhesive to set properly.
  • bigkwalbigkwal Member Posts: 1
    This is my first convertible an I'm a certified car nut, but no nothing about the care of cleaning an preserving the cloth top.
    What can I use to keep it clean an protected.
    And the boot is a royal pain to put on, along with the cowl shake. Help.
  • jennifer20jennifer20 Member Posts: 1
    My 98 camry was in an accident last week, the accident was my fault and I only have liability insurance so I will have to pay out of pocket. I need to get an estimate but I was wondering if anyone had any idea how much a new hood costs (on average)? My hood was smashed so I will need to get a new one. Thanks!!
  • lmacmillmacmil Member Posts: 1,758
    Call your local junk yard. You don't want to pay for a new one, I'm sure. In fact, even if you had insurance, most insurance companies will only pay for used parts on a car over 5 years old.
  • ray_h1ray_h1 Member Posts: 1,134
    You're right, but used outer body panels in good, rust-free condition often go for as much as brand new parts. At 8 years and counting, jennifer20 may have to ante up for whatever's available at whatever price the seller demands.
  • rarnettrarnett Member Posts: 1
    Mopar/Dodge sells a "Viper cloth top cleaner/conditioner" concentrate that's the best for cloth tops. Not cheap, but what you need.
  • rexy5893rexy5893 Member Posts: 20
    Hopefully this will help you. Also, our dealer said you can do it yourself a lot cheaper.

http://www.toyotapartsstore.com/default.php?cPath=2_190&osCsid=51202846838769c77- - 9a776d7f0b33887
  • cooldude044cooldude044 Member Posts: 3
    I have a 1998 toyota camry the passenger door does not open from outside however it does open from inside? Has anyone ever faced this issue and if yes how did you fix it?
    Is there a internal spring that needs to be replaced?
  • mphasakmphasak Member Posts: 2
    It happened to mine too. I searched the web for the problem, and found someone who fixed it on i think a 96 camry. Basically the plastic joint that connects the handle to the rod that unlatches the door had cracked (why was this thing made of plastic???). If you take the inner door panel off and then remove the plastic inside, you'll see what i'm talking abt. I tied them back together with copper electrical wire.

Search the web for the symptom and see if you find the site i'm talking about. if not, send me an email and i'll see if i can't find it. if anyone else knows of a door removal howto, that is the only tricky part -- finding all the screws, etc.
    Hi mphasak,
    Thank you for replying to this post.
    I did try to search the web however did not get much information.Can you please lemme know how you did it...its kinda annoying to get in the car to open the passenger side..
    Thanks,
  • mphasakmphasak Member Posts: 2
    here ya go:

http://autorepair.about.com/od/otherodddiyjobs/l/aa092504a.htm

about.com always amazes me. these are the instructions i followed to open the panel. on page 4 in the second picture, the part labelled "5" is the thing that was cracked on mine. so instead of actually removing the door handle, i just follewed her directions to the pt. where i could get at that piece, see with my hands how it fit together with the pull rod, and then pull the piece out and tie the rod to the handle with wire such that pulling on the handle made the rod come up reliably. hope i did a good enough job that i don't have to go back in is all i can say.

note: if you want to replace it with a toyota part instead of a homemade hack, get the part first so you don't have to open the panel more than once.

hope this helps
  • gefiltegefilte Member Posts: 21
    let them crawl in through the window like nascar drivers. my passengers love it ;)
  • slepposleppo Member Posts: 1
    I would like to protect my investment and do not want to put on the typical black leather bra for the front end of my car. I have been researching a "clear bra" made by 3M among others. Does anyone have any info on these? Cost?
  • njeraldnjerald Member Posts: 689
    EBAY.
    mphasak,
    Thank you very much!!!
    Will try this...
    BTW does about.com have a DIY for doing the rear brakes of a toyota camry too?
    Thanks
  • mls89mls89 Member Posts: 2
    I spilled gallon of water on the rear area of floor behind driver seat. Suddenly security system went on and horn blows when I drived. I read manual how to reset security system but no help. I sucked water and dried area but periodically horn on when car on parking and doors locked. The 'door open' light now constantly on. I know I spoiled my lovely camry. Any thoughts how to fix it?
    Regards,
    Mike
  • mls89mls89 Member Posts: 2
    I posted message on this board 06/19 that after I spilled gallon of water on the floor behind driver's seat 'door open' light on and horn blowing. Now it getting worse: parking, brakes and illumination lights on with no key in ignition. Should I wait till it dry out or look for mechanic?
    Regards,
    Mike
  • 03cobra03cobra Member Posts: 37
    I just had one installed on an 07 SE. They did the hood, and whole front fender/facia for $550. The cost is in the labor, not the kit. You can buy a pre-cut kit online, but they are very hard to install and you only get one chance to get it right. I found this place by asking auto dealerships who they use to install the kits, and I just called the place directly.
  • phdigiphdigi Member Posts: 3
    Just had paint protection film (Ventureshield, not 3M) installed on my Camry Hybrid by a professional installer (http://www.clearbraoregon.com). Amazingly he was able to offer coverage of whole hood and whole fenders with single pieces of film, and I decided to pay big extra $$ for the complete coverage -- w/o knowing in advance, no one can tell there is a film on the hood or the fenders even at 1 foot distance!

Ventureshield is probably the only paint protection film capable of full hood coverage (not all installers stock the widest film to do this, though). I think many folks here might haven't known it is possible to do the whole hood and hence would like to share my experience. It does cost big $$ but well worths it.
  • homesteadlitehomesteadlite Member Posts: 1
    Is there such a thing as a hood shield or screen? What's it really called? Where can I get one less expensive than the dealership? (I did find Auto Anything, any other suggestions??)

Which do you think would look more hip - a bra or a shield?

Thanks for comments!!
  • lmacmillmacmil Member Posts: 1,758
    I think bra or front end bra is the common terminology. I personally think they look silly but that's just me.
  • ramzey28ramzey28 Member Posts: 130
    Can you purchase a SE front grille to put on an LE? Does anyone know the price? And if it would be easy to swap out? I know its not a toyota option but must be able to buy it from parts ????
  • deep6deep6 Member Posts: 3
    Hey Guys i realize that the post i am replying too was posted way back in 2003.....but the price got my attention...185 dollars...thats cheap...i was quoted 600 dollars for the same thing for 3M protection film covering the front bumper, hood, and mirrors.
    If anyone out there knows of a cheap 3M installers please let me know..i am in Northern california...
    Also CMARYSEV6OWNER can you please post the name of the shop where u have gotten the protection shield from.
    Just ordered the Chrome Hybrid grille for my XLE.

$178 delivered.
  • jbishop1557jbishop1557 Member Posts: 6
    What color is your XLE Grille? If it is blue Ribbon, I would be interested in getting it from you. Can you let me know where you got the Chrome grille at for $178. Thank you,
    Jim B.
    Mine is titanium.

toyotapartspeople.com.

Part Number 53101-33220
  • mnman69mnman69 Member Posts: 19
    Has anybody intalled one of these? The lip spoiler that is.I bought one but didn't come with any instructions.Are there holes underneath so I drill upward or?
  • jbishop1557jbishop1557 Member Posts: 6
    I put one on my 07 Camry. It came with a install kit. The kit had a pattern to drill the holes in the right places. You need this install kit or you can do serious damage to you car.
  • another_personanother_person Member Posts: 93
    One of my parking lights just went out on my 93 camry, and the owners manual says I should replace with a 168 bulb. I'm just wondering if there is a difference between the 168 bulb and 194 bulb?
    168 is a little higher amperage (.35 vs .27) and has a lower expected life than a 194.
  • another_personanother_person Member Posts: 93
    So shouldn't be any problem switching to 194 right? I plan on trying some of the LED bulbs so that my parking lights will match my silverstars.
    Right on! I will probably be going to LEDs on my '07 auxiliary lights.
    Installed the grille. 15 minutes to get it out, 10 minutes to complete the installation.

Now to work on the lower grille.
  • iggy38iggy38 Member Posts: 5
    I have a Silver 2007 SE , and just purhased door sills and obx shiftknob. Does any one know how to install these? ALso i am replacing the speakers in the rear and have heard it is hard to install them. Any ideas would be great
  • tanmichealtanmicheal Member Posts: 10
    you might want to check your bumpers, bought it during the week and was able to look at it very closely during week end and found out that my bumper is 8 mm off at the left headlight, my 07 Camry is magnetic gray and ash, bought it at Power Irvine and still am waiting for the General managers opinion, I was told at the service that its a manufacturers defect, be sure to check ASAP...
  • evinrudeevinrude Member Posts: 12
    Factory/distributor ground effects are a common option on the SE model in South Fla. and perhaps elsewhere. Are these same ground effects available as an installed option on the V6 XLE ?
    :)
  • carfreak123carfreak123 Member Posts: 20
    Just purchased an '07 XLE and would luv to get color coded mud flaps, anyone know where I might get them? Thanks
  • greencalgreencal Member Posts: 18
    How do I fix scratches on side rear and front gards? It seems plastic.

Thanks,
  • wwayleswwayles Member Posts: 7
    These can be had from your dealer;they run about $100 a set.
  • wwayleswwayles Member Posts: 7
    Where can you get these for an 07 Camry; even the dealers don't have them.
  • myredcar1myredcar1 Member Posts: 1
    I bought two in expectation of purchasing of two cars last week, but I don't need a second set. This is a full front protection durable leather grain vinyl microperforated material specifically design for Camry 2007 LE/XLE etc. (except SE). If you interested, send me e-mail to grachevi@hotmail.com
  • dddaledddale Member Posts: 11
    I inherit a 98 Camry from my aunt as I just got my licence.

The car is with 116K on but run great. I love that car but there are scraches on the body. In order to prevent rusty and make it look prettier, I want to match paint color and try to spray and cover them. Can I do it myself? How to match the paint color -- order it from dealer or thru hardware store/body shop. It is green(dark/forest green)

Any suggestions will be appreciated.
  • chris789chris789 Member Posts: 37
    I got some rain-x for my winshield and accidently got some on my car paint. I wiped it off but is there anything else I need to do to protect the paint. I had waxed the car just before using the rainx so maybe that'll protect the paint.

Thanks,
    Chris
This discussion has been closed.