Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Toyota Camry Fuse and Electrical Questions

1171819202123»

Comments

• wadegwadeg Member Posts: 1
    My Camry is a 1995 automatic and is experiencing the same problem with non-working back up lights. Is the solution the same as you Jul 18, 2011 5:35pm reply? I don't have a test light or know how to use one, and is there a diagram I can look at that will help guide me? Should I disconnect the battery first? Thanx in advance for your assistance.
  • Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Member Posts: 64,481
    Most likely cause is the switch on the back of the transmission---could just be a loose wire.
  • laninamaslocalaninamasloca Member Posts: 1
    i have 1995 toyota camry and i can open all doors with the switch but i cant lock please help iam going crazy and sometime my reverse lights want to come on and sometimes they don't
  • twodragonstwodragons Member Posts: 1
    the wiring harness burned out. would the ECU need to be replaced and where is it. i had to replace the wiring harness inside the camry. first of all the battery doesnt stay charged, when i crank it it turns but it doesnt start. the wipers dont work nor the power windows to include the A/c. also i have to push down the over ride button to get the car to shift. i need help in figuring out the problems are. Can anyone help me. and thank you in advance.
  • tycoon21tycoon21 Member Posts: 1
    edited November 2011
    Hello, I have the same problem with my Camry 2001. Please send me the flasher1, flasher2, flasher3 pictures to prowebdev@yahoo.com Thank you.
  • limswebglimswebg Member Posts: 2
    My camry 2009 can't start. I hv few questions to ask:
    1) Do adjusting the steering tilting lever when the ignition is on caused this?
    2) The battery was jump-started but the engine just don't turn on, I put the cable +ve to+ve, -ve To -ve but no earthing connection,
    3) when change to new battery, still can't start, no panel ilumnition light, no power window, the brake can be released, can't move the gearshift from P, but car light is there, cd can be on, though i didn't wait to hear the audio,
    4) mechanic checks all the fuses, ok, but suspect the 2 certical long fuses (blue color) under the hood the main culprit.
  • limswebglimswebg Member Posts: 2
    sorry, no brake as well. (typo error)
  • ken5ngken5ng Member Posts: 2
    edited January 2012
    First I have to thank many people who posted possible causes on back light not working. I had similar problem and went back to look inside the trunk on the driver side. Immediately I saw 5 of 6 wires were broken. After reconnecting the wires, all the lights worked. Many thanks.

My Camry has another problem. The "engine check light" is on. I used a reader and got the P0446 code "EVAP system, vent control malfunction." I looked around the hoses for cracks. They all seem ok. A manual said it is a bad VSV for vapor pressure sensor. I replaced the old one near the charcoal canister in the back with a new one. The light won't go away. Then I took out the VSV for EVAP near the air filter in the front and tested it. I cannot blow air through it. When I connected a 12-volt battery to it, it clicked and I can blow air. So I assumed it is good. I disconnected the electrical connector to the VSV for EVAP and measured the DC voltage across its 2 pins, when the key was turned to "ignition on" and when the car was started. In both cases, there was no voltage measured. Does this mean it is an electrical problem? What can I test next to locate the problem?

Thanks for the help.

Ken
  • thayes1thayes1 Member Posts: 1
    I purchased the car from a dealer in November. Neither outlet worked when I got home so I took it in they changed the fuse and wala until now. Now neither work again suddenly. I have checked the two 20 amp fuses in the fuse panel under the steering wheel, they were fine and brand new looking.
    What else could this be. Also not that they should be related but as of a couple weeks ago my trunk release inside doesn't work either.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
  • linfin2000linfin2000 Member Posts: 2
  • linfin2000linfin2000 Member Posts: 2
    I am importing my car to Canada from the USA. In the US the 2002 Toyota Camry has a DRL switch that allows you to control when the running lights stay on. In Canada they are telling me the 2002 Toyota Camry had them stay on permanently. I need to rectify this. Can someone tell me what the componenet is that I need to buy to enable this or if there is part of the electrical path that can be blocked so that I can't turn them off? Thank you.
  • tywitywi Member Posts: 10
    The power outlet was not working. I pulled the outlet and saw it was not pulled into any wiring. The outlet has two male ends on it. How do I get to the female end ofthe wiring?
  • jfsimp1jfsimp1 Member Posts: 1
    The speedometer and odometer have stopped working in my 98 Camry V6. I replaced the VSS but it did not resolve the issue. Before it failed the speedometer was fluctuating. Also the cruise control does not work, but all other gauges do work? Any thoughts on how to diagnose before I take my next planned step- replacing the cluster. Could it be the wiring, or even something as bizarre as an issue with the dome light? or as simple as a fuse?
  • kymechukymechu Member Posts: 1
    Hello,
    I just bought a car that needs a little bit of work. I did not realize the guy had taken out a fuse and replaced it with a poor-quality, home-made anti-theft switch with no fuse at all! Need to replace fuse, but cannot determine what fuse to put in. Does anyone have a link to a schematic to identify what fuse to put in?
  • ken5ngken5ng Member Posts: 2
    Try search on Google image for "1994 camry fuse box diagram". It should show what fuse to put in. Hope it helps.
  • turksterturkster Member Posts: 1
    I have a 1994 Toyota Camry LE. Recently, the cruise control stopped functioning. When I press the button to activate the cruise, the light on the dash flickers for 2-3 seconds before going out. I thought I might try to replace the fuse first before I take it to a repair shop. Problem is that I can't find the fuse. Any ideas which fuse box and which specific fuse would control the cruise control?
  • mehrzadmehrzad Member Posts: 1
    Mirrors, Cigarette Lighter, And Clock Fuse Number Is 37, Blue one And It's 15A.
    Location Is On The Bottom Of Power Steering On The Left
  • dynomag21dynomag21 Member Posts: 1
    Where is the Wiper Fuse located exactly in a 1995 Toyota Camry?
    Junction Box #1, left side of instrument panel, you'll see a group of 12 fuse, it's the 20 amp fuse, left hand row, middle fuse.
  • larryhugheslarryhughes Member Posts: 1
    My 2006 Toyota Camry SE has been sitting for 3+ years in my backyard (long story) and I am just pulling it out now. Anyways everything is fine except my heater and ac controls dont work. My fan operates but NO heat, NO AC and NO rear defrogger. In the video in this link/URL on youtube I point them out. I check the fuse in and out of the car for "HTR". I dont know what else to check...is it that I just need an AC recharge? but then why would not my rear defogger light come on or work? anyways, please help and you can see exactly what I am talking about here camry video on youtube.com
  • blueman092001blueman092001 Member Posts: 2
    I have a 2000 Camry CE that is not getting any power anywhere. I have had the battery tested and charged. Its cold crank is 750. The door bell will chime when key is in the ignition. Is this a fuse issue or something else?
  • camry002camry002 Member Posts: 9
    We had similar prob. with 2002 Camry. (The jump battery charge would last for 4-5 weeks and then suddenly not start in the morning.) After having battery jumped twice by Triple A service, we decided to try disconnecting the battery and substituting it with a battery that we knew worked. Voila!!!

It seems that after a battery is jumped with cables and then driven a distance, it has enough charge back in it to produce a suitable readout at a battery place. :confuse:

Just a thought that you may want to try this before spending your $'s on troubleshooting it at a dealership, etc. Ultimately it was determined we had a battery with a bad cell in it (fairly unusual I guess) but got it replaced under warranty and only paid small pro-rated amount towards a new battery. Our battery was 2 1/2 yrs old and we live in the cold Midwest. GOOD LUCK.
  • blueman092001blueman092001 Member Posts: 2
    I had the battery checked and it is working fine. I also went ahead and replaced the battery cable too. I check the alternator to see if it was draining the battery and it check out good as well. I really feel as if the power from the battery isnt being distributed.

I cant figure out where to troubleshoot that problem. I looked at all the fuses under the hood and they appear fine. Could it be a relay problem?
  • erie61erie61 Member Posts: 1
    2005 Toyota Camry - ABS, Air Bag Light came on, then went off, then clock and speedometer went off, then came back on, then battery light and check engine light came on.. when car is stopped (engine running) they go off, then while driving they come back on. Car runs fine, all brake lights, turning signals are good. Began w/cd jumping, then radio jumping, then periodic dash lights.. Anyone have this problem? Dealership says they have never heard or seen this problem. Do not want it repaired at dealership, if possible.
  • yourmechanicyourmechanic Member Posts: 17
    Hi Erie,

It sounds like there's a loose connection at the battery or at fuse box. It could also be your car has a bad alternator that is not charging properly. Check those three.
  • bratqbratq Member Posts: 1
    I have Camry 2010. Recently several devices (GPS, mp3 player, bluetooth earpiece) I used to charge only in the car had died. All this happened within one week. In the meantime I noticed that my cell is not charging anymore while plugged to power outlet in the car. It doesn't look like coincidence?

I am wondering if the fault can be on power outlet side. Is there a way to verify that?
    Thanks
    Power outlets are susceptible to damage because they are forced to accept all kinds of aftermarket charging plugs, some of which may be just a mite too large or too small to work properly, and some of which, when extracted, actually tug on the power supply socket and work the wire loose behind the console mounting.
  • baltomojoebaltomojoe Member Posts: 1
    edited August 2013
    1996 Camry 5S-FE Engine Manual Trans.
    I just bought this car, and it had the old cluster in the trunk with the circuit paper on the back showing 2 burnt circuits, the replaced cluster wasn't working, when I removed the replaced one to insert another used one, I found the same 2 cicuits were burnt. The Speedo, Tach, Fuel Gauge don't work, lights are fine, engine temp gauge works. The plug that goes into the back of cluster where the circuits are burned is blue, plugs into the right side(left if you take it out and looking at the back). Wires are as follows...Black, Green, empty, empty, Orange, Yellow/Redstripe, Yellow, space, Brown, Green/Black stripe, Purple/Yellow stripe, White/Black stripe, Green/Yellow stripe, empty. The burnt circuits are on the Brown, and Green/Black wires.

What are these wires to, and how do I test them to see why they are shorting out my instruments. I don't want to install the next cluster panel until I know it won't burn it out.

Thanks, I have pics, but not sure how,or if I can post them, can e mail if thats allowed
    Joe
  • osucluneosuclune Member Posts: 1
    I have a 2001 Toyota Camry that won't start. When I put the key in the ignition the radio comes on and the lights come on so I know I have a good battery. When I turn the key the radio goes off for a second but there is no click from the starting trying to engage. I had the same problem about 6 months ago and when I replaced the ignition cylinder the problem stopped. So far I have replaced the ignition cylinder(6 months ago), the ignition switch the ignition relay, the battery and the starter all with no change. Does anyone have any other suggestions? Thanks