Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Toyota Camry Lighting

13»

Comments

• 210delray210delray Member Posts: 4,721
    I believe most states have closed the 30-minute window during twilight when headlights didn't have to be on.

I don't have a lot of experience with fog lights -- my 2005 Camry is the first car in over 30 years of car ownership to have them. I do know that for Toyota and GM at least, the fog lights can only be turned on when the low-beam headlights are on.

During the day in fog, I would think the most important lights to have on are your low beams, so that other drivers can see you coming. The next time it's really foggy at night (rare where I live), I'll have to see if the fog lights make any difference in forward visibility.
  • davidg10davidg10 Member Posts: 4
    A couple questions. I have an 06 Camry LE and was wondering if the cover on the bumper comes of to insert the fog lights? Since i saw in an earlier post that said that it comes off for the 02-05 years, but not 06. Please i would greatly appreciate this knowledge. And what exactly would i need to buy to get the fog lights installed?Thank you in advance.
  • camry0088camry0088 Member Posts: 1
    I would like to get the factory style fog lights, but I can't seem to find them, on top of the fact fog lights for 00, 01 were rare as anything. i believe I would have to cut a part of the front bumper out to fit both round fog lights, at least it looks that way when I see factory fog lights on a picture of a camry. Any websites???
  • ferdy3ferdy3 Member Posts: 1
    Greetings,

I own a 1995 Camry, 4 cylinder, with 156K on it. This morning, my High Beams are disfunctional, and in part, because the lever will no longer move forward to engage them, but does pull back - though now the wipers come on.

I did use mt wipers and high beams successfully on Saturday, but for some reason, this morning when I proceeded to work, I was unable to push outward the actual lever to turn them on. Typically, when the lever is pulled toward you, the high beams are engaged until the lever is released. This of course is the same lever which engages the wipers - when I pull the lever down through a series of notches, the wipers work from low to high - and still does. But now, when I pull the lever towards me, the wipers come on!

Is this a fuse/relay issue? It''s never happened before.

Ferdy
  • kiawahkiawah Member Posts: 3,666
    Sounds like your switch lever is bad
  • rearwheeldriverearwheeldrive Member Posts: 140
    I second that, switch lever.

I'd go to Autozone and rent the free steering wheel puller, remove the steering wheel and then the assembly you are having problems with. Sometimes it can be disassembled and maybe fixed. Or you can buy a new assembly, $$$300.00
    There's airbag's on that year, right?
  • rearwheeldriverearwheeldrive Member Posts: 140
    Not sure about airbag, but that requries more steps to avoid deployment.
  • 210delray210delray Member Posts: 4,721
    Yes, the 1995 Camry has driver and passenger frontal airbags.

Do you really need to pull the steering wheel? I changed out the wiper/headlight switch on my 1990 Mercury Sable (which had a driver airbag) without having to remove the wheel.
  • Rob_8Rob_8 Member Posts: 1
    I have a 99 Camry. Both low beams went out but the High beams still work. I checked the fuses and the bulbs(both filiments). When you turn the lights on it sounds like the switch relay is working but no low beams. Any ideas.
  • sslotnicksslotnick Member Posts: 1
    any advise with installing replacement fog lamp on Camry SE 2005. Drove thru snow bank and broke clips.
    Can't you get replacement parts at the toyota dealership? or is it the lamp itself that is broken. If it is the lamp, you may be able to buy a replacement on the internet.

I've bought a replacement tail light on my 2007 couple years ago.
  • nick00800nick00800 Member Posts: 1
    Anybody know how to get to the heating/cooling illumination lights on a 1994 Camry? I have bulbs out and want to know if there is an easy way to get to them or if you have to take the entire dash board out. I am going to sell the car otherwise I would not care.

Thanks for the help
  • dan420dan420 Member Posts: 1
    Both low beams on my 1998 camry stopped working..The high beams and all the other lights work...I changed both bulbs and checked the fuses but that did not help...Any ideas
    Do you have DRL (Daytime Running Lights), or not?

Different electricals, depending upon whether you have DRL.
  • ss24novss24nov Member Posts: 3
    My 2004 Camry just started this same problem with the dim lights. I took it this morning to the local dealership for a fix. Will let you know what they found.
    The dim lights on my Camry quit working. The DRL's and the bright lights work fine. Fuses and bulbs are good. What else could this be, any ideas or experience with this problem?
    The "Service Engine Soon" light keeps coming on and off. Changed fuel cap,,no luck. Car runs great whether the light is on or off. What's the deal with this. Any ideas. The dealership just said drive it until the light stays on and doesn't reset. I hate seeing this light on in my dash. Can someone offer a solution?
    What do you mean, when you say "dim lights". Are you talking about the normal parking lights on all four corners of the car?
  • lyd0254lyd0254 Member Posts: 1
    MY CONCERN IS THE DEAD ZONE CREATED BY THE HEAD LIGHTS ON MY CAR. THE PROJECTION OF THE HEADLIGHTS ON MY CAR ARE EXTREMELY DANGEROUS DUE TO THE DEAD ZONE IN FRONT OF THE VEHICLE. THE HEADLIGHTS HAVE BEEN ADJUSTED MULTIPLE TIMES AND THE DEALER RESPONSE IS" THAT IS JUST THE WAY THESE NEW HEADLIGHTS ARE".

ON DARK ROADS IT IS HIGHLY PROBABLE THAT AN ACCIDENT MAY OCCUR BECAUSE YOU CANNOT SEE WHERE YOU ARE GOING AND IF THERE IS A SLIGHT CURVE TO THE ROAD IT IS IMPOSSIBLE TO TELL WHICH WAY THE ROAD IS GOING. ON MY LAST TRIP AT NIGHT WE HAD 3 OCCASIONS THAT IF WE HAD NOT FLASHED THE HIGH BEAMS WE MOST CERTAINLY WOULD HAVE HAVE A WRECK.
  • wwestwwest Member Posts: 10,706
    Simple answer..

STOP over-driving your lights, lighting.
    edited November 2011
    I thought the same thing, slow down and/or get their eyes checked.
  • bydibydi Member Posts: 1
    We just bought an '08 Camry with less than 15k miles on it. Love the car except for the headlights! They look like a program on an elliptical machine--beam gets higher toward the right side. Not too bad on a lighted roadway but makes for scary driving on an unlit country road. Has anyone heard of this before? We bought an extended warranty but not sure this would be covered. Planning on taking it by a dealership asap.