Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Chrysler Pacifica Suspension Problems

Comments

• vmac1vmac1 Member Posts: 2
    Sue80 -
    Did you call the 800 Chrysler phone #? You should call and provide your VIN #. When I called, the rep found it outstanding right away. The second delaership also pulled it up immediatley when I went in for the repair. My Pacifica was a 2004.
  • charger3charger3 Member Posts: 210
    Chrysler Assistance center P. O. Box 21=8007 Auburn Hills.MI 48321-8007 call 1-800-247-9753
  • sue80sue80 Member Posts: 7
    Thanks. I have already talked with them and they could not find anything. They suggested I contact you and see if there was any kind of reference number on you letter.
    edited June 2011
    This letter is to inform you that the warranty period on your Chrysler Group LLC Pacifica's front engine cradle has been extended to 10 years or 150,000 miles, whichever occurs first. This engine cradle extended warranty coverage applies to Chrysler Pacifica model years 2004-2005.

We are extending the warranty period on your front engine cradle because some vehicles operated in areas of high road salt usage, may experience engine cradle corrosion resulting in a drive ability vibration and or/shake. If your vehicle is operating properly, there is nothing you are required to do. If you are experiencing the conditions as described in this warranty extension within the 10 year or 150,000 mile period, simply contact your dealer to have repairs performed. Your dealer will inspect the engine cradle for perforation corrosion on the rear cross car cradle support and replace if necessary.

If you have already experienced this engine cradle concern and have paid to have it repaired, you may be eligible to receive a reimbursement. You may send your original receipts, invoices and/or repair order with adequate proof of payment (copy of the front and back of cancelled check, or copy of credit card receipt, etc.). Please mail to the following address for reimbursement, your claim will be acted upon within 60 days of receipt:

Chrysler Customer Assistance Center P.O. Box 21-8007 Auburn Hills, MI 48321-8007

If you have questions or need any assistance, please contact your dealer or the Chrysler Customer Assistance Center between the hours of 8:00 AM and 8:00 PM, EST, Monday through Friday or Saturday 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM, EST. They can be reached at 1-800-247-9753.

Please keep this letter with your vehicle's other warranty information for future reference if necessary.
    The warranty extension applies to the above components only; the other terms of your warranty remain the same.

Chrysler is taking this action to demonstrate its commitment to your continued satisfaction.

Chrysler Group LLC
    If you have an email or fax or dealer fax I could send it
    Sorry it's late I forgot to send it
  • keri_skeri_s Member Posts: 1
    LOF I believe is lube, oil, and filter. Like the oil filter. UCI could be under car inspection.
  • ajsmomma06ajsmomma06 Member Posts: 1
    Hello all,
    I am looking at buying a 2004 Pacifica, I took it a mechanic to check over before I purchased it and noticed there that there is a ticking in the engine. They said it could be an injector, but all he did was hold up a stethoscope to it, so it's not 100% that that's the problem. Does anyone else seem to have this issue and if so is it an easy fix or something I should pass on completely. The car has 92K miles on it, and would come with a 3000 mile warranty if I decided to get it. I just have such bad luck with vehicles I can't afford to drop this kind of money if it's something that's gonna be a serious problem. I would appreciate any advice pacifica owners have for me!
    I have two of them with almost 90 thousand each no noise from engine. Have it gone over by another shop. Make sure it's ok. You will need a new timing belt and water pump in ten thousand miles use this and engine noise as barging chip also have the engine cradle checked for a rust hole. It's the frame just behind the oil pan that is rusting through and Chrysler is replacing some of them for free It's almost a 4 thousand dollar repair. If you find a rust hole call Chrysler with the vin number and the letter I posted just before this question if they say it is covered go to who ever is selling you the car and talk them down 4 thousand dollars and have it fixed after you by it
  • jtg61jtg61 Member Posts: 43
    My advice would be to avoid the '04 Pacifica like the plague. This was the first model year and it is plagued with first production year glitches and defects. The '05 and '06 years aren't much better, still stuck with the 3.5L oil consumption problem and the clunky 4-speed transmission. Chrysler finally got the Pacifica right in the '07 and '08 production years, working out all the glitches and defects from the earlier years and finally installing the proper drivetrain in the vehicle, the 4.0L and 6-speed transmission. These are the 'best' years for the Pacifica. If you really like and want a Pacifica, shop around and pay a little extra for an '07 or '08 model. You'll be glad you did.
    What is this oil consumption problem that I don't have on the 04 or 05. I run Mobil 1 in the 04 and change every 6 thousand the wife's is done at the dealer every 3 thousand
  • boxmaker34boxmaker34 Member Posts: 2
    Having exact same problem. Dealer and Customer Care say that they know nothing of the warranty. Can you fax me a copy of it?
    edited June 2011
    The letter is post 410 go back a page. If you want me to fax it I need a fax number :)
  • boxmaker34boxmaker34 Member Posts: 2
    Is there anyway you can fax a copy of this letter to 614-885-3990 Attention: Bob George. Chrysler is requesting a copy on their letterhead before they will take it into consideration.

Thanks, :)
  • time4saxtime4sax Member Posts: 3
    The Chrysler rep I spoke with are trying to say not all vehicles qualify for this warranty. One of the reasons they were trying to use is that you have to live in an area were there is "high road salt usage" and but they couldn't find it in the letter. They finally agreed that they "may" be able to help me once I take it in to the dealer for an inspection of the front engine cradle. But the only problem with that is the dealer wants to charge me $97 for this inspection. And if the cradle is rusted or not they won't refund this charge. I am now arguing with the Chrysler rep that if this is warranty work why would I need to pay for the inspection of this item. I am not taking my vehicle in until Chrysler is willing to eat this inspection charge. Anybody else getting the run around?
    I faxed it to you
    Fax was sent to dealer
    Go back to post 410 the letter is right there
  • mike4217mike4217 Member Posts: 2
    My girlfriend's 2005 Pacifica seems to have one problem after another with the front end- sway bars, struts, etc. She had a new strut and mount (top right) put on last year. She put on 33,000 miles since she had it put on. One week ago, the one year old rod popped throught the mount- just like pictures from previous poster.

The mechanic says it's out of warranty- can't help her but charge full parts and labor. Really?
    Any ideas on this? thanks
    edited July 2011
    Put in a complaint with NHTSA . Call your Chrysler rep and tell him you had it replaced about a year ago Or spend a little time and a few bucks and replace the strut mount yourself. Free tools from Autozone or Advanced auto 48 dollars and a few min of your time. They show the whole thing on youtube. These mounts guaranteed for life find out what parts he uses and check how long it's good for
  • faroutfarout Member Posts: 1,609
    Didrysler deer put the struts on? The sway links going out usually indicate driving of rough roads. I had our sway links replaced twice on both sides in 103,800 miles. We live on 1 mile of riverbottom type road each way. The Pac does better in needing repair than any of the three Jeeps we owned!

Did she get a Chrysler extendedwaranty? If so they are covered.
  • dkojnikdkojnik Member Posts: 5
    Can you fax a copy to my dealer 661 949-9893 ATTN: Amanda Johnson.
    Thanks
    Your fax is sent
    thanks
    Has anyone had luck getting Chrylser to pay a claim? I provided them a copy of the letter and they insist it is not one of the vehicles covered. Since it is not listed on the warrenty list for my specific vehicle, no one will acknowledge the warranty. In addition to model years, they say it may be VIN specific but no one can say for sure. My craddle broke (2004 WITH 60k), they won't know it it is corrosion related until they remove it.
    Keep trying.... My Pacifica is being repaired and paid for by Chrysler today. I had the same problem, my VIN did not qualify. My dealer was of no help other than to provide me with a bulletin # that was sent to the dealers. The bulletin # is 13-001-10 and I also have a copy of a letter sent to a gentleman in Illinois. After getting nowhere repeatedly with Chrysler, my husband called our attorney generals office (lemon laws) for help. They intern sent letter to Chrylsler along with letter sent to the other Pacifica owner and the bulletin #, requesting an explanation as to why my VIN did not qualify. Within a few days I received a call from Chryser staring that "as a courtesy Chrysler was agreeing to pay for the repair". :)
    Congrats, I think it is horrible to have to do all this running around. Can I ask what sate you are in?
    Maximum care warranty will also cover it
    Charger3 did you have to pay anything at all., or show how you kept up the scheduled A or B ?
    My lumbar adjustment broke and it's cost was more than $1,100. I called Chrysler and they paid it all on "Customer Good Will". I have found Chrysler willing to do a lot to keep customer loyality.

farout
    I had the 8 year 80 thousand mile Maxium Care warranty It covered all but 100 dollars. Then I got the letter in the mail that said 2004 and 5 Pacificas in high salt areas would have the frame engine cradle replaced at no cost if they were rusting through I called them and told them that they just replaced the enging cradle and I want my 100 dollars back.I sent them the paper work and a check came in about two weeks
  • jujukjujuk Member Posts: 1
    Could you please fax the letter to: 515-278-7639.

I'm having these same issues, and nobody seems to know what it is.

Thanks!
    Fax sent
  • demekiajdemekiaj Member Posts: 1
    Can you please email the letter to me at demekia@bellsouth.net. Thanks!
  • omoore01omoore01 Member Posts: 1
    Can you email me the letter to oprahmoore@aol.com. I live in a high salt area and I am always wondering about the frame of my car along with the suspension. Thanks
    email sent
    email sent
    I am amazed at the lack of customer support from Chrysler, see my email below and Chrysler's response. My concern was sent back to the same person/department that has been ignoring me in the first place.

Thank you for contacting the Chrysler Customer Assistance Center in
    regards to your 2004 Pacifica Sport.

I am sorry to learn of the issues you have experienced with your
    vehicle, as well as the difficulty encountered attempting to speak with
    your Case Manager. Your concerns, particularly in view of the
    inconvenience involved in this issue, is understandable and I appreciate
    the time and effort you took to bring this matter to my attention.

I have updated your file to reflect the information provided in your
    recent email message. It will be provided to your Case Manager for their
    attention and review.

Thanks again for your email, David.

Sincerely,

Jeff

Customer Service Representative
    Chrysler Customer Assistance Center

Original Message Follows:
    ------------------------
    US Customer Service - Chrysler Brand Site
    Brief Description:
    Customer treatment from Chrysler
    Comments:
    Approximately 2 weeks ago my 2004 Chrysler Pacifica was diagnosed with a
    broken engine cradle. I was shocked that a vehicle with only 60k miles
    would require such a major repair. As I felt this was a highly unusual
    part
    to fail, I did some research and realized I was not the only one to
    experience issues with the engine cradle. Chrysler has even extended
    the
    warranty on the 2004-2005 Chrysler Pacifica for the engine cradle to 10
    years or 150K miles for vehicles that have operated in areas of high
    road
    salt usage (this Pacifica has about 20,000 miles in those areas). Upon
    informing my dealer that it may be covered, I was told there is no
    record
    of this type of warranty extension and I should call Chrysler Customer
    Service and initiate a claim. Upon calling customer service I was told
    that
    no such warranty extension exists (even though my dealer and I both now
    have a copy of the warranty from another Chrysler Pacifica owner). I
    proceeded to contact the claims department and my information was
    submitted
    to Ricky in the claims office, within a few days he called and told my
    wife
    he would be willing to cover the repair under a 70k warranty until he
    realized I was not the original owner. I did not understand what the
    warranty coverage had to do with the vehicle being with the original
    owner
    (the local dealer told me the only coverage I had left was an extended
    warranty on the EGR valve, this coverage still applied to me being the
    second owner) and wished to discuss the issue with him further. After 4
    attempts to contact him with no return of my phone calls I spoke with
    another agent who told me she would email him and ask to return my
    calls.
    On 22 July 2011, frustrated and out of options I reached Tristan and
    explained my frustration and wished to speak with a supervisor/manager.
    I
    was told they are all in a meeting for the next hour and he would pass
    the
    information on so someone would contact me in 1-2 hours. That day has
    come
    and gone. It amazes me how a company can treat its customers with such
    disrespect. One of the comments made to me by a Chrysler representative
    was that I have not had a “relationship” with Chrysler. A
    “relationship”
    works both ways. I have only owned this car for about 6 months and put
    less
    than 6k miles on it, hardly enough time to build a "relationship" but
    the
    way Chrysler has acted in this situation raises serious doubts on
    whether I
    would consider continuing this "relationship" with a new car purchase.
    My
    previous “relationship” with Chrysler consisted of purchasing a brand
    new
    1993 Jeep Grand Cherokee at age 23 which I happily owned for 10 years
    and
    drove for over 85 thousand miles with no major troubles, I expected my
    Pacifica to do the same.
    I wonder if a letter from a lawyer would help. I'm not saying you should but if you drove the car and had an accident because of the broken engine cradle maybe you could own Chrysler for not listening. Also I was NOT the original owner of my Pacifica It had 30000 miles when I bought it. They replaced mine even though I was the second owner
  • carly500carly500 Member Posts: 1
    Charger3, Thanks for posting this information. Will you please e-mail me a copy of the letter from Chrysler also to shines2030@yahoo.com. I live in a high salt area and am having problems with my engine cradle now. Thanks!
    Letter sent
  • frederickrothfrederickroth Member Posts: 1
    Charger3.....you told my wife about this at the Road Ranger on Monday.

Could you please send a copy of the letter to me Frederickroth@msn.com thanks...
    Letter sent
  • mamaluvknkmamaluvknk Member Posts: 2
    Can I also get a copy of this letter to estellaramolt@gmail.com? I have a 2004 Pacifica with 65,000 miles and was just told my engine cradle is completely rusted out.
  • mamaluvknkmamaluvknk Member Posts: 2
    I can't seem to find that bulletin. Is there anyway you could get me a copy of the bulletin and send it to estellaramolt@gmail.com? Thank you so very much!!
    letter sent
  • charmincharmin Member Posts: 1
    I just returned from the shop today and was told I have the same issue on my 2004 Pacifica and the car should not be driven. Could you email me a copy of the letter to dpcharmin@comcast.net?
    Thanks
    Has anyone heard of this rust situation on PAC's as new as 2005-2008? I live in a area that uses LOTS of SALT. I am going to have our PAC checked at the next work on Sept. 6 when they replace the motor mounts. I hope they corrected this issue.
    Letter sent
  • readytoletitgoreadytoletitgo Member Posts: 1
    I'm joining in with the rest of the disgruntled 2004 Chrysler Pacifica Owners. Would you be able to send that warranty letter to me as well . . . sammie.athome@gmail.com. Thanks.