Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Chrysler Pacifica Suspension Problems

hojmthojmt Member Posts: 1
Our Pacifica has 8500 mi. Since service at 6K, we have had a noise (pop and/or clunk) in the front end somewhere. We have had it in 2 times, and techs have heard but cannot isolate. They think rust from the stabilizers getting into some gasket is the culprit. Sound occurs just after hitting brake or slowing. Any TSB's anyone knows of?

Comments

• commofficercommofficer Member Posts: 50
    Just wanted to post this because some might still have this problem. I had them replace the anti-sway bar bushings and whatever else they did per the TSB for the front end noise but that did not fix the problem. When I brought it back to them, the mechanic took the time to listen to where the noise was coming from and found out it was the transfer case. The new transfer case solved the clank noise completely.
    Now about that stalling problem. Ecicero1 stated that it was a problem with the "turbo drive"? I know that my Pacifica did not come with a turbo so what is the turbo drive.
      I do really wish it had a flux capacitor with a dilithium crystal matrix for power since the fuel mileage still sucks. It should have had a bigger engine but not for lack of power. The bigger engine would work less around town and not need to stay at such high revs. A small V8 would have done it or a supercharger.
       Attention to detail is still a problem with these guys at Chrysler. The dealer body shop had to buff off the "wet sanding" agent after I returned it too them, again. I still need to give it back to them because they did not get the passenger rear door skin mounted properly and there in now a 1/4" gap between the skin and the glass. Crazy how little they care about their quality of work.
        I will not fault my mechanic though since he has been very interested in the Pacifica and getting it fixed right.
        I really need to know about that stalling problem though since this is my wife's car and she has the kids with her almost all the time. Safety was the reason we bought this car. Stalling in traffic is not a safe thing. It has only happened to me once but that is enough.
  • cluelesspacluelesspa Member Posts: 648
    you said "When I brought it back to them, the mechanic took the time to listen to where the noise was coming from and found out it was the transfer case. The new transfer case solved the clank noise completely."

did you have a clanking noise from the front end when driving? or are you talking the clank from the transmission when going from drive to reverse or vice versa?
    It wasn't when shifting but when driving. My driveway is on a slight grade (~15%) and when we would back out it sounded like there was something being torqued and it would clunk and clank. Not sure if that makes any sense but it didn't happen when the car was warm but if you left it for a while and then turned the wheel while backing up it would start to clank. Only in motion and only at the beginning of a trip. We took it in and they said it fit the description of the TSB so they replaced the bushings as it states to do. It only made it worse. I took it back and they kept it for a day and that is when the mechanic diagnosed the tranfer case.
    We keep getting a 4 door Sebring for a loaner so other than the inconvenience of having to bring it too them and move 2 car seats each time, it's not that bad. I just want it to go 1 month without problems.

Are you having the same noise?
  • alltorkalltork Member Posts: 13
    this problem will not go away -- 10mph(small bumps) right front
    double-clunk like a loose shock or sway bar-dealer has replaced rack and pinion, removed sway bar links-checked with electronic noise pickups, etc. etc.- still can not solve problem after 4 tips @ 10 days total in service
    after 5 repair attempts - no luck - dealer thinks it is still rack and pinion noise- even after rack and pinion replacement, still noisy, bad parts? checked mounting screws etc. - dc engineering will look at this 1-19-04. Right tie rod makes metalic noise when hit with a rubber hammer, left does not - Dealer has told me compensation was already due (lemon law etc.)I will try 1-2 more fixes - I would trade for another vehicle but nothing comes close to this pacifica (others make similar noise, not as bad)
    All Tork any updates on the tie rod ? I am guessing you have the same problem as I do. not sure if mine is only right side front or both...

my pac is the AWD version but still has the rattling noise. (to describe the sound = it sounds to me like someone put a heavy solid metal ball in a padded wooden box and shakes it) a muffled sound like that ... I hear it only when going over small to med bumps (a lot in succession) ...
    The wooden box description is correct- 10mph right front noise like a loose shock- dull metalic noise-(just returned from dealer-6th repair attempt-rack and pinion not the problem)I am recieving loaner cars while this goes on- I work for Chrysler's engine plant so I want to get to the bottom of this- they will probably start replacing more parts - will keep informed - dealer is (Braeger) out of Milwaukee-They are very good considering the difficulty of the problem.
    After endless attempts the dealer has pin pointed this noise to a (passenger side front end) lower control arm bushing (front bushing) I hope anyone reading will benefit from this--this will be posted on chryslers dealer service bulletin system ----hopefully this will be the last of it.
    Any Updates?? did it fix the problem ?

-------------------------------------------

good chatting with you and thanks so much for your perseverance in tracking the source of the problem down... saved having me drive a loaner vehicle for 10 days :-) while they tried all the stuff you got done.
    The lower control arm bushing was indeed the culprit - no more noise!!!!!!!
  • 2boyz2boyz Member Posts: 1
    I too am experiencing a noise from the front of the vehicle. Noise is predominant when traveling at a speed of less than 30 miles per hour or when turning. The service department also hears the noise but after 8 attempts to fix....the problem still remains. The following have been replaced...left and right sway bar links (have been replaced twice), Right front Strut, Rubber gasket from Technical Service Bulletin in September, Engine Cradle, and rack-n-pinion steering system.....
  • slam2251slam2251 Member Posts: 2
    I purchased a "used" 04 Pac with AWD about a month ago and has been in the shop 5 times already. My biggest problem is a clunk in the front when you hit the brakes. This happens every time we stop at a light or stop sign, the dealer replaced the front brake pads but that didn't correct the problem. They now have no idea what the issue is. Any ideas? I researched this forum and only heard of similar problems when turning. Also the power lit gate switch went, the drivers seat is being replaced, has about 12K miles on it. Thanks for any help.
  • aviateaviate Member Posts: 31
    Check out Message #487 for what had to be done to fix our issue.
    aviate

I too am experiencing a noise from the front of the vehicle. Noise is predominant when traveling at a speed of less than 30 miles per hour or when turning. The service department also hears the noise but after 8 attempts to fix....the problem still remains. The following have been replaced...left and right sway bar links (have been replaced twice), Right front Strut, Rubber gasket from Technical Service Bulletin in September, Engine Cradle, and rack-n-pinion steering system.....
  • larrwhlarrwh Member Posts: 4
    Dear alltork and cluelesspa,can you supply me with any specifics on what the dealer found wrong with the front bushing of the lower control arm? I want to get mine remedied with a minimum of fuss. Same audible complaint, passenger side almost sounds like front and back of my awd is suspect.
    well for me the replacement of the front lower control arm (not just the bushing was replaced). I had my dealer call Alltorks dealer to check what they did.

It did not fix my problem. still have a lose rattle in the front like the shock is lose going at medium speeds over bumps.

but after trying this fix and the TSB before that changed the antisway bushings. I give up trying to fix it and live with the rattle. Its annoying but after 3 years going trade in anyways. I try and get a new car every three years anyway. sorry to say but it wont be another Chrysler. Back to Japanese (Honda/Toyota) for me...

-------------------------

oh again: does anyone have the exact part number from your invoice that shows what module I need to have daytime running lights?

also how much if you had to pay for the module
  • larrwhlarrwh Member Posts: 4
    Thank you cluelesspa I just might try sway bushing and control arm swap. Lousy PA roads in wind gap cause me grief, that rattle just shouldn't be there.
    Just thought I would restate our problem and solution to the noise in our Pacifica. We would hear the clunk up front when moving slowly and usually while turning. They tried the old bushing fix but that did not work. What did finally work was replacing the transfer case. Try having your dealer swap out the transfer case and see what happens. Especially you cluelesspa! You should not have to live with this noise and just suffering though with it, even though it's a royal pain to get fixed, sounds crazy. We were also real disappointed as you could probably tell in my old posts but my wife is now happy which means that I am happy. Not sure what we will do for the next vehicle but I suspect something with better gas mileage.
    Phil
  • mybird67mybird67 Member Posts: 2
    Took delivery of the FWD version on 12/30/03. Car has 6200 miles on it, every one of them with the suspension 'clunk' that's been described here. Here's what the service tech wrote this time at my dealership: "customer states there is a clunking in the front end when driving over bumps...road tested and hear noise. Hooked up chassis ears and could not isolate. Checked with Chrysler for updates, none. Road tested 2 other Pacificas, one with 5 miles and one with 4500 miles. Both making the same sound. At this time we feel that the noise is inherent in the design of the vehicle. There is nothing mechanically that can be done at this time to get rid of the noise. We will continue to receive updates thru Chrysler and if one arises that will address this noise we will alert the customer to get the vehicle in for resolution.

So, now what? I assume when you mentioned the transfer case, Commofficer, you meant the AWD transfer case. My car is FWD, so I don't have one! Help!
  • rcf8000rcf8000 Member Posts: 619
    When I first test drove a Pacifica a year ago I noticed the suspension "clunk". It evidently is normal, and was one of the reasons I didn't buy one. I really liked the the ride and handling, though.
  • laurheislaurheis Member Posts: 57
    We are hearing a clunk when braking - just like a previous post. Feels like it is right underneath the brake pedal. Was anything resolved with your car? We have had our Pacifica for just over a month, and it has been in the dealer's service department for 11 days of that time. We love the way the car rides, but hate the amount of time we have spent having our brand new car "repaired."
  • slam2251slam2251 Member Posts: 2
    laurheis
    Sounds like the same thing we had- they replaced the break pads but that did ntohing- they have no idea what to do and are waiting to hear from CHry. Round 6 at the dealership in 2 months begins tomm. I am driving rentals more than I am driving my pac.
  • angel3angel3 Member Posts: 8
    I've been trying to go back through posts to find anything new on the well known front-end steering/suspension/braking "clunking" noise. It has been an ongoing problem with my AWD 2004 model. Dealer has messed around with it twice now and can't figure it out. On first visit they tightened the lug nuts -- on second visit they ordered new lug nuts. Sure don't think that's the solution. Does anyone out there have any updates?

My 2 year old calls it mommy's clunky car. Otherwise love the car.
  • chrislerchrisler Member Posts: 2
    angel take it back and tell them to check the transfer case if it is 4 wheel drive
    my went bad @ 10000miles =/-
    it clunked only when starting after long parking o/nite !
  • krisgilkrisgil Member Posts: 7
    Angel3-

I too have a 'clunky' front end, actually mine was more like a thumping noise. The dealer has replaced the sway bar links (there is a tsb for this) and the transfer unit (tsb for this as well), That solved the thumping noise but not the popping noise that I also have. The dealer says the popping is caused by the lower control arm. That part is currently on order for us. We shall see!
  • angel3angel3 Member Posts: 8
    Krisgil and Chrisler,

Thanks for your advice on the clunking noise. I took the car in today and they replaced the sway bar links; so far, so good -- no clunks on the way home at least. Service guy thinks it's probably 50/50 that the sway bars are the main culprit -- he was kind of stumped by the noise. So we will see!
  • mizmanmizman Member Posts: 1
    My 2004 Pacifica has been into the dealership 3 times for a clunking noise on slow turns. It turns out there is a TSB 0300103 for front bushings to "correct" this problem. Second time in for it. I love the car but don't always feel safe driving it when I hear the noise.
  • al001al001 Member Posts: 2
    We too had a front end clunking noise on our AWD 2004. Dealer finally fixed it with a new left lower control arm, part no. 4743477AI
  • rodutrodut Member Posts: 343
    Cluelesspa, what ... what ... what did you say ? Was it a new "TSB on the front suspension that was put out on this issue about 2 months ago" ??? Can you please copy it and paste it here ? Or at least give me the TSB number ?

Also are you sure they "tightened bolts on Lower Control Arm" ?! They were supposed to be tighten at the factory ... I never heard such a thing !

I always thought that it sounded like a loose SHOCK bushing (both front and rear wheels). You are the 1st one to mention the word "shocks".

#############

The TSB 02-007-04 (Lower Control Arm bushings) applies to Pacs built before September 28, 2004, so it doesn't apply to my Pac (built Jan 13, 2005). Also TSB 02-001-05 (Front Sway Bar Links) applies to Pacs built before August 15, 2003, so doesn't apply to my Pac.

I sent a letter to the Cyrville Chrysler dealership in Ottawa, Canada, asking them to bug Chrysler to find out why an American luxury car suspension reminds me the cars built 20 yrs ago in the Communist Eastern Europe, where I was born. Damn ... I forgot to add this analogy ...

I also asked them to find the problem before touching my car (I am really jealous about somebody touching my car). I test drove one of their brand new Pacificas on the lot, and it had exactly the same muffled rattle noise. They better experiment first with their own car, then touch mine.

Sometimes I think we will have to live with this rattle as being a Pacifica "feature". If you drive it everyday, all the time, you could stop noticing it. My problem is that I switch cars. So during the week I drive my rattle free 2001 Honda Accord, and during the weekend I drive my wife's 2005 Pacifica, so I suddenly notice the change (rattle). I agree it's muffled.
    Looks like the TSB they did for my car doesn't apply to your newer built vehicle. but the problem was sounding like someone put a metal ball in a wooden box and placed near the front wheels. when you hit a bump it would rattle like a ball in a padded wooden box would sound. (like a loose shock). and yes they Retightened the Lower Control Arm which was replaced in the previous TSB.

Here is the link to look up all the TSBs: link title

Service Bulletin Num : 0200403 is the one I just had done. Feb 2005 was the posting date on the TSB.

Good luck ... hope they will do the TSB for you even if it doesn't apply. if that is the sound you are hearing

---------------------
    Cluelesspa, what ... what ... what did you say ? Was it a new "TSB on the front suspension that was put out on this issue about 2 months ago" ??? Can you please copy it and paste it here ? Or at least give me the TSB number ?

Also are you sure they "tightened bolts on Lower Control Arm" ?! They were supposed to be tighten at the factory ... I never heard such a thing !

I always thought that it sounded like a loose SHOCK bushing (both front and rear wheels). You are the 1st one to mention the word "shocks".
  • bordercopbordercop Member Posts: 11
    Have a 2004 AWD Pacifica that I just got with 16K on it used and noticed a clicking sound from the front end wheel section. Usually happens after vehicle is parked and then when restarting and either backing out of a space or going forward while turning the wheel until going straight again for a few seconds. Clicking is rather loud almost as if you had a stone in a tire rapping against the pavement. I read somewhere that a Power Transfer Unit took care of a problem for someone. Anyone else have ideas??
  • crzyaimcrzyaim Member Posts: 58
    I have a 2005 AWD Pacifica that has been in the shop at least one day every week for the last three weeks. I have been experiencing a pop noise from the front suspension when going over bumps at lower speeds. I also get a pop noise when turning right or left. According to the work order, they performed TSB for front axle shaft, installed gaskets & re torqued axle nuts. They also found the right front lower control bolts loose.

When I picked the car up, I was now experiencing a new squealing noise when turning right and left. This squeal was like if you walked on a wood board that squealed. I knew I had to bring the car in the following week as there were other repairs that needed to be done and parts were on order.

When I brought the car back last week, I took the foreman out with me on a test drive. He said there were two problems going on with the front suspension. They ended up replacing the power transfer unit per a TSB. As for the squeal, they traced that to the front struts jounce bumpers. They replaced both bumpers and said it was ok. Well it is not. I picked up the car and the popping noise is still there. Does anyone have any suggestions or TSB numbers that I can reference when I go back to the dealership?

As for the rear end noise. The dealership found over running clutch to be the source of the pop noise. They indicated that the assembly was low on fluid and the separation seal was leaking internally. So they replaced the seal and I am still having a popping noise.

I have noticed that I get the popping now more so when I am coming to a stop and the weight of the car lunges forward. I am at my wits end. If you have any suggestions, please let me know.

I really like the Pacifica, but the last three weeks the car has been in for the above problems, the breaks squealing, the memory 1 position not returning the mirrors back the the set position, an engine surge, the cooling fan coming on when the defrost is not on nor the AC, and the seal in the hatch handle to be replaced for the second time. This is just the list for the last three weeks. This does not include the fender flapping on all four fender wells, the serpentine belt being replaced, to miscelaneus cracking noises in the dash and other places. Oh did I mention the moulding on the A pillar arm & roof rack coming loose when it has gotten warm outside. I wonder what will happen when it hits 100' outside...

The one good thing is that with the engine surge, I now feel like I have the power in the engine that I was lacking before. When I accelerated up a hill, there would be a hesitation in the engine. Kind of like hiccups as the engine was straining to go up the hill. They performed flashed updated per TSB 18-032-04 for DTC code P0266 and now my Pac accelerates the same way as my parents Spedial Edition.

Any input or suggestion that anyone has on what some of these continuing problems could be, I would greatly appreciate it. Right now the car is at the dealership yet again and I told them I am not picking it up until they fix all the problems. Thanks for your input
  • karakkarak Member Posts: 7
    Yes, had the same popping sound 9 months after buying a brand new 2004 Pacifica. Took it in several times before they found the bushings had gone bad! Replaced under waranty, no explanation on why they went bad.

Also check door edges for paint peeling. I have several areas of peeling paint.
    Good luck. K
    No engine clunk here, thanks !

Actually I have clunks, but suspension related ! My dealership never found out why my Pac (and the other Pacs I test drove) have that clunking noise when driving at low speeds (5 - 15 mph) over minor road imperfections.

I began to loose hope I would ever have a perfectly silent suspension. It's the only complaint I have about my Pacifica.

Is it rocket science to manufacture perfect bushings ? I doubt it's something else. By the way, I got a perfect brand new headlight ! The service manager in person put it on my Pac ! What an honor !
  • bbqguidebbqguide Member Posts: 11
    My dealership told me the clunking and weird loose feeling has been diagnosed as defective steering gear box and control arm bushings. I'll write more when the "parts are in". He said it's a "common issue". I'm not the regular driver but noticed it a while ago when taking it in for an oil change. I didn't think it could be possible for anything to be worn out with only 5,000 miles on it!!! :lemon:
  • jkaejkae Member Posts: 3
    I have had several of these same problems. They have replaced bushings, control arms, and clipped the dash because it was sinking in the middle. I have an 04 Pacifica. My paint is also chipping or peeling bad on one side. I am going to take it in today for them to look at that problem. Very unhappy with my purchase. Is anyone else having a paint issue? :(
  • deltoid4deltoid4 Member Posts: 5
    After changing the bushings and control arms for the same clicking noise you are experiencing, the fix that finally remedied the problem was to replace the PTU (Power Transfer Unit). This is the only thing that eliminated the clicking noises when turning. Make sure you mention this to the dealer and insist they replace the PTU before doing any other experimentation! Good Luck!
    We had the Power Transfer Unit replaced on our Pacifica for this same problem. Our service department never suggested changing the bushings and control arms. The clicking noises were completely gone for a couple of months, and then they came back. By this time, however, Chrysler had already agreed to buy back our Pacifica, so we never took it in again. Maybe the combination of the two fixes is the magic remedy for this noise.
    Well bbqguide, before allowing them to replace your "defective steering gear box and control arm bushings", perhaps you should locate at least one Pacifica without that clunking noise.

Me, I drove four Pacificas (mine included), different ages, and all four exhibited that loose feeling.

Please let us know if they can fix yours. I am very interested.

Thanks
  • kozikowskikozikowski Member Posts: 19
    Seems like an odd fix to this problem, but the dealer replaced the PTU on my car last week without me even asking them to do it. I had asked them to perform a PTU and front differential fluid change on the service order, so this saved me the $125 cost of the PTU flush. Unfortunately, the problem that caused me to bring the car in for service, noise from the left front wheel during braking, is still there. I would describe the noise as metal parts rubbing together without lubrication.

I went on a road test with the technician and the noise happened intermittently, mostly after car warmed up. He put the car on the lift and found nothing and the dealership's 'front end specialist' came up dry as well. At least I got this on the service history in the event that it worsens or causes other problems.

Vehicle manufacture date is 11/03, so none of the TSBs regarding the front end apply. They did, however, lubricate the bushing under warranty, so I got about $1250 worth of work for free (including a rental car for two days).

If there is one lesson I took away from this experience it was to approach them with information (i.e., specific TSBs) and to be rational, not ranting, when talking about the problem.
  • bbqguidebbqguide Member Posts: 11
    My work orders read:
    CUSTOMER STATES THAT STEERING MAKING A NOISE: LEAKING and MAKING NOISE- Replaced Rack and Pinion, test OK

CUSTOMER STATES A KNOCKING NOISE GOING OVER BUMPS: NOISY- Replaced Lower Control Arms and Links, test OK.

Customer STATES AIR CONDITIONER BLOWING WARM: Low on Coolant- Evacuate and Recharge, TEST OK

RENTAL CAR N/C

This repair seems to have corrected the noise and loose steering feeling at 7468 miles on my 2005 Pacifica we took delivery of in November 2004. Your mileage and repairs may vary. Just to keep you posted. Good luck with yours.
    Mike :sick:
  • raylrayl Member Posts: 2
    I have a 2005 with front end noise. Do you know what the bullentin # is for this problem? Where I might find it?
    Thanks,
    Ray
  • raylrayl Member Posts: 2
    I have a 2005 with front end noise. Does anyone know what the bullentin # is for this problem? Where I might find it?
    Thanks,
    Ray
  • sophiesingssophiesings Member Posts: 2
    Hi,
    I have had my 2005 Pacifica for 1 month and it is in the shop today for the clicking/knocking noise. I am devastated to read about all the problems with this car!! Would you mind briefly telling me the history on your Pacifica which led Chrysler to take it back? I am ready to turn mine in already after just reading about all the problems!! I just got rid of a car because of all it's noises and problems so I can't bear to think that my BRAND NEW CAR will give me the same problems.
    Thanks!!!
    Lauren Camardo
  • steelydan0613steelydan0613 Member Posts: 144
    I have an early 2004 Pacifica with 23,400 miles on it. I would not say it is a perfect car, but I will say that the problems (about 3) have all been mere annoyances, and I took care of them all at the same time. I would not put too much stock into these forums, as the happy owners far outnumber those that clog up these forums.

Happy owners are too busy driving to their vacation spot this summer to email the "i'm happy" message.

Since your car is brand new, take the loaner they give you and go! I received an almost new Dodge Durango for my loaner , got to keep it for the weekend, and just hauled some stuff around with it..............
    I posted most, if not all, of my problems with our car on this discussion group - just do a search on my user name, and you will come up with what I wrote. Our car was a 2004 Pacifica AWD (with everything but heated seats, I think) and was built in April of 2003. It was just a lemon. Chrysler did not even try to fight us when we asked them to take it back. Our neighbors across the street bought a 2004 FWD two months before us, and they have had absolutely no problems at all.
  • jackl1jackl1 Member Posts: 1
    Yesterday my 2004 Pacifica came to a clanking stop as I backed out of a driveway. I called Chrysler and was promptly towed to a dealer. I was loaned a 2005 Pacifica. This AM I received a call from the service manager and was informed that the problem was"a broken axel"
    Anyone have a similar problem???
    :(
  • popmaxbapopmaxba Member Posts: 4
    Ray, REad Post 1251 Below, This happened to me, it could be the Power Transfer Unit, (PTU) some call it the PTO the TSB is: 02-11-04. Make sure that they check your bushings on the control arms/and sway bars when they get done. Is your mfg date before Sept 04? I have seen a lot of posts on Many sites with this problem and they are all for Pacifica's with the mfg date prior to Sept 04.
    Must have been a heck of a party that quarter....
    I am in the middle of trading my beautiful magnesium 2005 pac out :lemon: for another b/c of all of the annoying things that have gone wrong. But I am... buying another, but with a mfg date later than Sept 04.
    Good Luck with your front end.
  • popmaxbapopmaxba Member Posts: 4
    Lauren,
    My 2005 Pac is being :lemon: 'd b/c I have had it in shop quite a bit, I have had my car 45 days, see post 1251. I can not fault the dealership, it came out of the factory this way. My pac is beautiful in and out, it is just mechanically a bit, well testy... I am actually getting another one to replace this one. It will have a build date of later than Sept 04. I have visited may Pac forums to help me find out what to do. I have read many many happy replies... with everything... there is always a few things that can go wrong... Don't be discourage... This Knocking, clicking problem is common from what I can see, and the TSB on it was 02-11-04 for the Power Transfer Unit. Mine was fixed, and did not have any more issues with that, my next straw was the tran cooling lines on the 4th of July.
    Good LUck with yours... once that fix is done, you should be golden - I hope... Brandy
  • krodhogkrodhog Member Posts: 1
    Hi Lauren,
    Sorry to hear about your 05 PAC. I need to buy a new car in the near future and the PAC was one of the cars on the list for consideration. Is just to bad because it is the right size for a family car.
    Kev
  • ingeniousguyingeniousguy Member Posts: 21
    crzyaim...

Thanks for the information, oddly enough I JUST got my vehicle back today and the CLUNK came with it. I just don't understand it? They've replaced sway bars, crow bars, mars bars along with other things and it's just not right.

I have contacted Chrysler concerning this and explained to them my situation and my interest in them repurchasing my vehicle. I signed the arbitration postcard that was in the manual and mailed it in. The rep told me that I should be receiving further materials from Chrysler concerning this.

As you mentioned, I am going to print a copy of your posting along with many others to show chrysler that this is a GLOBAL issue and non-weather dependent! Unfortunately, I will hate the see the Pacifica go (if that happens), but I just don't have time to spend chasing issues and enjoying the luxury of having a different rental car all the time (geesh.. wonder what the neighbors think?). I have already begun my search for a very very very reliable vehicle.

I narrowed my choice down to three: VW Toureg V-8, Infiniti QX56, Lexus GX470 After doing research on these models and test driving them, it looks as if I am going to lean towards the Lexus. It has raving reviews on the forums and very little information concerning problems and solutions (look at the edmunds forum and there's just a handful of people posting to the "Problems and Solutions" section for the Lexus).

Well.. at this point, my fate lies in the hands of Chrysler, so I will keep you all posted concerning the outcome.

Thanks!