Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Ford Expedition

1282930313234»

Comments

• alwaysfords2alwaysfords2 Member Posts: 339
    There are o-rings on the fuel rail, not sure what to siuggest for that. Maybe they stock just the o-rings at the dealer, or at a chain auto parts store. I've read about people going both ways on the need to take the rail off. Many say you don't need to. Have you ever had the plugs done? At 172 it is high time. Could be either a plug or cop issue as the cause of your original problem. I paid to have my plugs done at 130k, ran a little over $400 but I couldn't afford the down time should something go wrong. I didn't do the cops or boots, and will hit those as needed. You can get a set of 8 on ebay for around 90 bucks or pay the dealer 90 each.
  • yorkieluvyorkieluv Member Posts: 1
    Does the front drive train turn or move when disengaged while driving?
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    A reporter would like to speak to someone who recently bought a used large truck or large SUV. If you have purchased a used large truck or SUV in the past 6 months, and you are willing to discuss your decision with a reporter, please email PR@edmunds.com no later than 1 p.m. Pacific/ 4 p.m. Eastern Wednesday, April 18, 2012 with your daytime contact information.
  • 2000edbummer2000edbummer Member Posts: 4
    Sure wish I'd seen this a month ago.. As many Expeditions from the early 200's I suddenly saw on the roads of California this year, I was hoping it was a good sign, but doesn't look that way unfortunately. I have msgs. # 65 and 66 under Expedition fuel pump problems. Most people probably have my problem and don't even know it! Some of us are current and need answers. Please keep in touch if you see anything to resolve my "deflection of guages"/ fuel pump issue.
  • lfirehawk92lfirehawk92 Member Posts: 5
    ok, I have a 2001 Expedition, and I found some wires just hanging underneath the drivers side of the vehical. Not sure if it was cut or frayed or what. I have no idea where it even comes from or goes to. It's in a wiring harness this I know. So would anyone know what it could be??? :confuse:
  • rogerb7rogerb7 Member Posts: 13
    Has anyone had experience with this? It relates to a TSB about "bumping" noise heard/felt when coming to a stop.

Dealer wants $120 to do the work, but I'm wondering if it's something that will get progressively worse or if it can be left alone.

Thanks!
  • antwan210antwan210 Member Posts: 1
    I have a 2003 Eddie Bauer Expedition 4.6L V8 that has a messed up wiring harness that controls all the coils, etc. (Part K09) and need to know what other years have that same compatible part, since my local Pick-n-Pull doesn't have this year in stock. Thanks for reading.