Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Cadillac CTS/CTS-V Brake Problems

Comments

• coastsidefogcoastsidefog Member Posts: 12
    edited October 2010
    In my experience, the only code that has ever shown up for us is a hub speed sensor code. This is replaced (3x under warranty, 1x out of warranty). The problem seemed to resolve each time (in our case, because it was intermittent to began with) but then it quickly reappeared - ie, the car will lose brakes when attempting to stop, especially at slow (parking lot/stop sign) speeds.

When they actually fixed it, they told us that what had happened was the wiring harness was short-circuiting, which leads to an incorrect signal and therefore problems with the brake system (because the speed sensor/hub/ECBM is responding to a false code). Once the wiring harness was repaired, we have not had any trouble.

Of course, multiple attempts to urge GM to send out a message to CTS owners letting them know there is an issue with the wires/wiring harness that could cause a short-circuit which leads to incorrect information which results in the brake control module responding inappropriately and the brakes not working - that has not happened despite our best efforts.

That terrifies me, because one can only imagine the accident that lies ahead when (inevitably) someone's CTS has this problem in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Good luck. I would ask the dealer to check the wiring if you proceed.

(PS, I am not sure where you are located, but the CA senators have opened an inquiry on this front. You might want to contact them to add your information)
  • jjswetnamjjswetnam Member Posts: 5
    Thanks for the GREAT information. I am actually in CA as well. Do you happen to know which Senator it was? Feinstein or Boxer? I want to send them a letter as well. This needs to get fixed asap.

I really don't want to spend the $1000 to get the speed sensor fixed (I'm out of warranty) and then have it go bad again.
    My pleasure :) ...

How fortuitous that you are in CA too.

I am working with Barbara Boxer, specifically with Eric Jose Vizcaino (Dir of Constituent Services) and his assistant, Maria Henderson. The San Francisco office is 415-403-0100, or 1700 Montgomery St, Suite 240, 94111.

If you wouldn't mind, you can reference the letter that Eric wrote on our behalf to David Strickland at the NHTSB (dated Oct 19 of this year). This might help them put the concerns together.
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,148
    I'm curious about the inquiry - what does it cover? Is it specific to the brake issue? Or to the Cadillac CTS or Cadillac line, or GM as a whole? It'd be nice if you could explain exactly what concern it is they're seeking to address!

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

Cadillac CTS only as far as I know. Looking into what appears to be a faulty wiring harness that is shorting out, resulting in inappropriate signal/code (the car thinks it needs a new hub speed sensor, but according to the mechanics we have consulted, that repair doesn't work bc it is actually a short occurring in the wiring). When the car gets the wrong reading the brakes will intermittently not work at slow speeds.

We are asking (now that there are multiple reports of the same event) that Cadillac send this information to CTS owners so that they can replace the fault (pretty simple repair) before a brake failure results in serious injury. We would like to prevent this accident from occurring.
  • jjswetnamjjswetnam Member Posts: 5
    So I spoke with someone at GM again. A district representative. She offered to pay 10% of the repair cost. She guaranteed me that it was the speed sensor. I also spoke with the dealer service tech and specifically asked him about wire harness and shorting out, etc. He also guaranteed me that it was a bad speed sensor. I also called the Senator's office and left word with Eric about my concerns.

So should I just pay the $800 and get the speed sensor replaced or wait? Again, I don't want to spend the money and then have the problem come back. I don't want to let GM off the hook by paying for what is obviously a dangerous defect. And I also don't want to drive a car that doesn't stop!

Any advice?
    I'm not sure what to tell you. We had the same experience ("guaranteed" it was the speed sensor) and yet the speed sensor was replaced 4 separate times. The 5th time, we refused to authorize the repair. They looked at it again and got new codes, related again to the speed sensor. We spoke with the dealership about our concerns of replacing the same part for a fifth time. Eventually we spoke with the head mechanic and he looked more closely and recommended we fix the wiring.

It could be in your case that the speed sensor is failing, or it could be the wiring, or both. The speed sensor replacements did seem to repair the problem temporarily, but since the braking issue was always intermittent it is hard to know for sure.

I know if they do replace your speed sensor and the problem reoccurs they may need to try to repair again and it would be covered under the warranty for the first repair.

I can't tell you what to do, but I would definitely keep good records :)
  • pjlindcpjlindc Member Posts: 3
    So I took my '06 CTS in for the third time in the last year for this problem and I printed out a few of the posts from this forum to help diagnose the problem. My warranty expired about 30 days ago, but the folks at Moore Cadillac are solid citizens and covered it anyway since I had reported the problem previously. They diagnosed it as a defective Electronic Brake Control Module (EBCM) and replaced it. Unfortunately, I just pulled into my driveway and was greeted by the dreaded brake rumble and service brake assist warning. Ughh. Back to the drawing board. :sick:
  • gmcustsvcgmcustsvc Member Posts: 4,252
    pjlindc,
    Good morning, I would like to look into this for you. Would please e-mail me with your contact information, VIN, current mileage, and when this problem started. I look forward to your response.
    Christina
  • pjlindcpjlindc Member Posts: 3
    Hello Christina,

I sent you an email.

Best Regards,

Patrick
  • 89reatta89reatta Member Posts: 1
    coastsidefog: Hi, I am a technician who is dealing with this exact issue on a 2006 CTS. I was hoping that you could elaborate on exactly what your technician did to resolve the issue, i.e. which wiring harness exactly is the one I should be looking at and where is it located. Or maybe you could name the dealership and technician that fixed your problem so that I may speak to them directly if you are not sure of the technical details? You can respond here if you like, otherwise my email should be visible in my profile. Thanks so much!
  • deadlydeadly Member Posts: 2
    I own a 2004 CTS, 3.6L V6, with 49,000 miles. Until recently, no problems except responding to recalls. I have exactly the same intermittent low speed no-brake problem you and others describe. The Cadillac service manager says he has never heard of this and doesn't know how to fix it. Your message #54 offers a very welcome ray of hope! Can you kindly give me more information on the wiring harness, such as part number, and how much of it needs to be replaced? Any more info could be life-saving. As of now, my wife and I cannot drive this car. Today I posted a safety-related complaint on the US DOT NHTSA website. Many thanks.
  • deadlydeadly Member Posts: 2
    Please see my message #66. Have you been able to find out more specific details about the wiring harness? I would really like to drive this car again. Please respond whether or not you have more info. Many thanks!
  • feinspafeinspa Member Posts: 1
    Last night my wife had parked with her flashers on and the battery died. 2006 CTS 3.6 base. After I boosted it, the car started right up but stayed with a t/c and brake light on. She was able to drive the car home with no problems. She said the car drove and broke just as usual. After she got home, she turned the car off, restarted the car with no problems but the t/c light remained and now I have the service brake assist warning on the DIC. Plus, the car refused to shift out of park. I had to pop open the console cover and manualy release the shift lock.

with 60K miles I figured I'd just replace the battery and hope for the best. Today I dropped in a brand new ac-delco battery ($161.00) and all the issues have cleared. I'm crossing my fingers that the issue was poor voltage or low current and not that something re-set when the battery was disconnected. I'll update if the problem returns.
  • Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Member Posts: 64,481
    edited January 2011
    You can't really charge up a totally dead battery fully using your alternator. It takes a long time to do that. It's hard on the battery and very hard on the alternator. Besides, it's possible your car has to relearn certain things, and your car's various computer modules really don't like low voltages.

Next time, use a battery charger to bring a dead battery back to normal. Also 4-5 years is about a normal battery's life in a modern car.
  • temj12temj12 Member Posts: 450
    I have an '09 CTS and an '05 Honda Accord. The battery ran down on my Honda and the engine light stayed on after I jumped it. The car had been setting in my garage for four months. I looked at the manual and it said that, when the battery goes down, the emissions control system may have to reset. It said to drive it for three days and it would reset. I am not surprised that you had the lights come on when your battery went down. It throws the computer off.
  • newcarmannewcarman Member Posts: 55
    Good Day

I was maybe interested in buying a CTS with AWD and i was reading about the Reliability ratings in Consumer Report and that kind of turned me Sour towards the CTS I really like the way Looks its very sharp but am skeptical about that Reliability.
    One Consumer Report gives it a 1/2 Black Circle for Reliability .

Anyone here can give me some insight if they are having any issues with this car re reliability or No Problems at all?? Should i go for it and take a chance??

Thank you
    My question to you would be how long you plan to keep the car. You have full warranty for four years or 50,000 miles. You have an engine and drivetrain warranty for five years or 100,000 miles. I have an '09 and I had an '05 in the first generation. On the '05, I had to replace the water pump at 49,000, which was covered under warranty. I traded the car after four years and 50,000 miles. I will trade the '09 after five years. I don't want to trade until the next generation comes along. The generations go in five years cycles. With the '09, I have had a rattle in the rear speaker panel, which has not been successfully repaired; this is a minor problem. The ignition would not turn off and I had to take the car to a Cadillac dealership. The engine was running and you could not deactivate it. One of the things that I like about driving a Cadillac is that GM treats you very well. If the repair requires you to leave it, you are given another Cadillac to drive. You don't have to ask for it; it is just an automatic thing. I only have 21,000 miles on the '09. I have had those two things in that 21,000 miles. I have an '05 Honda Accord. Do I think it will give me the service of the Accord? No. Do I love driving the car? Yes. Will I buy another one? Yes.
  • pegritpegrit Member Posts: 3
    Scary accident a few days ago. The pavement was dry and we were only going about 35 mph. Suddenly we heard a loud clunk then the rear wheels totally stopped rotating. We were spun around and stopped by a tree. When the tow truck arrived, the driver could not get the wheels to unlock in either reverse or drive. After towing on the slant flat bed, he attempted to get the car i drive again until finally he too heard a loud clunk and the tires engaged. I sure don't feel safe in this 2006 CTS now.
    Sounds like your differential locked up?--let us know what they find please.
  • newcarmannewcarman Member Posts: 55
    Good Day

Thanks for the response. I was thinking of buying a Cadi Cts last year and this year.
    Has anyone purchased a 2010 or 2011 with good reliability thus far??

Im just a bit of a nervous person about Reliability i guess. I had seen in a magazine that the CTS has sort of a somewhat black circled area for reliability and maybe thats for Older Models but i just was wondering about the newer Models how the Relaibility was.

Anyone here who has a newer model CTS if you can please share your Insight.

Thank you
  • paopao Member Posts: 1,867
    Mt 09 Non Di CTS is over two years old now..and not one problem other than a squeaking rear brake which the dealer fixed without problem...absolutely love the car...fully loaded other than AWD and the DI engine...getting 23 city and 29-31 highway on regular gas...
    Looks like you are right. After two weeks of body work, the cts is now across the street at the mechanics waiting a new rear end.
    Unusual for a 5 year old car. I wonder if it lost fluid and bearings seized or if a part just failed due to poor metallurgy.
    I agree. We bought the car used a year ago. Apparently there was a recall at 20,000 miles for something related to the differential but that was long before we got the car. We do know that it was found to be low on fluid. Fortunately we purchased an extended warrantee that covers the replacement with after market parts. GM was of no help at all. Not sure I want to keep this car. If this had happened on a freeway we'd likely be dead and have taken others with us. I never have had a good experience with GM cars. We bought it for the comfort of the passengers seat because I have a chronic pain condition. The seat is extremely comfortable.
    A very nasty incident indeed ! :mad:
    I have a non DI 2009 CTS too. I bought mine new. My wife heard on the news this morning that GM is recalling 2009 and 2010 CTS for a problem in the rear end that could make the wheel come off. I am waiting on a letter which may apply only to certain VIN numbers. Yours sounds like it fits in that category. With this announcement this morning, you may be able to reclaim your expense for repairing the problem.
  • dertyricedertyrice Member Posts: 1
    I was having this same problem with my 06 cts. I printed some of these messages off and took them to the caddy dealer in hopes it would help,but he still insisted of the diagnostic test. Does any body have any idea who to report this to being this is an ongoing issue with most cts from what I've read. I hate to let my car go,but im not gonna dish out a lot of money for the same thing over and over thanks. ANY INFO WOULD BE GREAT A NUMBER OR SOMETHING!
  • gmcustsvcgmcustsvc Member Posts: 4,252
    dertyrice,
    Having the vehicle diagnosed by a GM dealer is the first step. You can contact Customer Assistance; however, they will tell you that you must have the vehicle diagnosed before they can assist. The number for customer assistance is in the Owner Manual. I hope this helps.
    Christina
    GM Customer Service
  • car2401car2401 Member Posts: 1
    A few days ago my mother was pulling into a parking spot and couldn't stop. Her foot went all the way down and she could not do anything to stop the car. She ended up hitting a pole and it made some minor damage to the front bumper ( paint and a crack). The car was tested by several mechanics finding nothing wrong. However, this was a scary moment because in a different situation someone could have gotten seriously hurt. The car will be taken to the dealer to see if anything can be done to prevent this from happening again. We are hoping to get some satisfying news and feel more confident driving it again. As of right now cadillac is not looking too good with this problem remaining unsolved.
  • jandijandi Member Posts: 4
    I have an 06 CTS with 75,000 miles and having issues with warning lights about ABS, TC, brake assist and system stability. I was told it was my front passenger wheel hub, replaced it and still codes were there. They diagnosed it and said software needed to be replaced. Took it to dealer n delear says the electrical module needs to be replaced. I'm very frustrated bc this should be a top of line car n has just given me problems. Same issue happened last year, but they were able to reset it. To repair is going to cost me $1500 and I've already spent $600. Does anyone know of any recalls for this vehicle?? Who can I contact about recalls? I'd appreciate any info. Thanks!
    What happened to your car? Did it get fixed? I'm having the same issue and I'm worried because I have 4 small children. The front passenger hub has been replaced but codes are still there. They say it my module.
    I Am having issues with my 06 CTS. Brake assist, system stability, abs and tc. Front wheel passenger hub has been replaced but no luck to codes being removed. They say its the module, but from reading these forums I've had a lot of the same issues like everyone. Is there any recalls? My car is no longer under warranty, it has 75k miles. Please help. Same issue happened last year.
    Samething is happening with my 06 CTS, can u give me any info on how or what to proceed. Front passenger hub has been replaced but codes are still there.
  • gmcustsvcsarahgmcustsvcsarah Member Posts: 1,964
    If you wanted to send the last 8 digits of your VIN to socialmedia@gm.com, we'd be happy to check for any open recalls on your vehicle.

Look forward to hearing from you,
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
  • eliaselias Member Posts: 2,209
    If I owned a vehicle that gives symptoms like this (and I do) - I would consider to pull the ABS fuse. This will prevent the ABS system from "misfiring" at low speed. But with no ABS in some conditions it might require knowledge/sense of how/when to drive old-school by "feathering" the brake or actually manually pulsing the brake pedal when necessary.

My 2005 GM vehicle has had apparently the same intermittent ABS failures for years - sometimes a diagnostic failure - sometimes felt at low speed hot weather when one of the 4 brakes is released - it does increase slightly braking distance and is alarming but increasing pedal pressure does function properly.

For my car, the issue is basically known to be wheel speed sensor, especially when heated. It's so intermittent and imho is not safety related, because it only occurs on *one wheel* at a time. Always the same one. Right front.
    I understand that in some (all?) vehicles the speed sensors are especially sensitive to damage from road debris or mild corrosions.
  • b_fishrb_fishr Member Posts: 1
    I almost crashed while pulling into a parking spot, brakes were grinding (as if ABS was freaking out) and the car would not stop ( I was going about 2mph). Finally I was able to get it to stop about 1 inch away from another vehicle. This is on a 2007 CTS. I have not taken it to a dealership yet, but I know for a fact that there are no problems with my brakes, they operate normally in other situations. The symptoms are almost exactly the same as comment #42 by j1nce. I did not get a service indicator today, but I have had it show up after restarting the car (turn off to go in store, come back to notification). Are there any recalls dealing with this issue, as it doesn't seem severe enough to produce a code, and I don't have the $2000 others have spent on a potential fix.
    edited August 2012
    As you know from reading this thread, we had multiple replacements of our wheel hub, speed sensor, EBCM, etc. (among other parts) to try and fix the very serious problem of a car that would intermittently have its brakes fail at slow speeds (ie, in a school parking lot with children).

We had multiple communications (in person, via email, letters, phones) with GM during that time. GM never showed much concern about the potential liability/risk of morbidity and mortality associated with this problem. The dealership replaced the speed sensor/EBCM 4 times in an attempt to repair the problem (although it never did). We paid out of pocket quite a bit of money once the car was out of warranty, but the problem did not resolve.

Eventually, an intelligent mechanic fabricated a new harness with new terminal grounds from the EBCM to the left wheel speed sensor and rerouted the harness away from any possible sources of inductive voltage. Once that was complete, we have not had a problem.

The mechanic (who works for our dealership) said to us that anecdotally he has run into this problem more than once and that there seems to be a failure in the design or workmanship in some of the wiring harnesses connecting the EBCM to the speed sensors that causes the brakes to fail. (Separately, he recommended the next time we buy a car, we not buy a Cadillac, because he felt that the fix -- rerouting the harness -- was not a time- or money-intensive fix, but that GM didn't seem interested in letting car owners know that, despite the potential and obvious dangers).

We spoke with our representative to Congress who asked us to file a report to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), who with enough examples is able to force GM to notify owners or issue a recall.

I would STRONGLY encourage all of you who have had this problem to 1) have your mechanic check the wiring harness for sources of inductive voltage, and 2) to report the problem to your congressional representative and to the NHTSA.

You can find your congressional representative here: http://www.house.gov/representatives/find/

You can report to the NHTSA here: https://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/ivoq/

For us, as a family with small children, this has never been about getting any reimbursement for the large amount of money we've given to attempt to fix this problem. This has always been about making sure that the cars on the road are safe (thinking about driving this car in my children's school's parking lot started this process).

We have been truly disappointed by what seems to be GM's lack of concern about the potential safety hazards. I try very hard to be a fair-minded person, and I have been so dismayed by GM's lack of interest in responding to these concerns. Shame on you, GM, for letting the dollar or just plain laziness stop you from getting information to car owners that could potentially prevent a serious accident.

Please let the NHTSA know about your issues, in the hopes that they might be able to convince GM to do the moral thing and let its owners and dealers know about the relatively simple repair to this issue (which, if you Google, you will find occurs in other GM cars besides Cadillacs), before a child loses a life by being hit by a car that can't brake in a neighborhood parking lot.
  • sirpontiacsirpontiac Member Posts: 4
    After reading mutiple posts on the "won't stop (ABS kicks in) when parking" especially when turning hard, like a normal parking lot! AND the obvious reluctance of Cadillac to acknowlege it as an issue, I thought I'd do my own work.
    I replaced the wires from the wheel/speed sensor, splicing and soldering near the radiator. The parts for both sides were less that $100. with the right clip! I later tested both of the old wiring harnesses, 4 wires with an OHM meter. initially looked like a waste of time until I moved the wires around***simulating a hard right turn*** OHM meter pegged!
    In my Non-Professional opinion problem is the OEM wire routing....causing repeated kinking of the wires on hard turns. I routed my new harnesses along the sway bay where this kinking is less likely.
    DID I MENTION MY ABS PROBLEM IS GONE??
    Good morning b_fishr,
    If you would like to check your VIN for any open recalls, please send us the last 8 digits at socialmedia@gm.com.
    Kindest regards,
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
  • luckyoddsluckyodds Member Posts: 2
    I joined your forum yesterday and have read thru the various posts on the breaking situation on a 2004 Cadi CTS. I took title recently on this car from my elderly Mother. The car has 21,214 miles and in the past three weeks I’ve had about 4 or 5 incidences with the breaks vibrating and sort of grinding at very slow speeds—the car not wanting to stop.

In your opinion what was the definitive resolution to this problem? I’m about to contact the GM dealer in my area and do not want to pay for diagnostics or repair if this was a manufacturer's issue. In reading the posts it seems the problem may have been a wiring issue or a hub speed sensor code or something to do with the differential. I also noted a Technical Bulletin -- 03-05-25-009A JUL 04 Brakes - Low Brake Pedal/Air in System. Is this correct?

I know nothing about the mechanics of automobiles, and feel I’m in a death trap. Many, many thanks for any assistance you can offer.
    Hi Luckyodds,
    As I said in my post ;
    I replaced the wires from the wheel/speed sensor, splicing and soldering near the radiator. The parts for both sides were less that $100. with the right clip! I later tested both of the old wiring harnesses, 4 wires with an OHM meter. initially looked like a waste of time until I moved the wires around***simulating a hard right turn*** OHM meter pegged!
    In my Non-Professional opinion problem is the OEM wire routing....causing repeated kinking of the wires on hard turns. I routed my new harnesses along the sway bay where this kinking is less likely.
    MY ABS PROBLEM IS GONE??

With the OEM set-up, the wires kink every time the wheels are turned. That is why I re-routed the new wires in a manner that less kinking can occur. I CAN NOT reproduce the braking problem therefore I am calling it fixed. Good Luck!
  • luckyoddsluckyodds Member Posts: 2
    Dear Mr. or Ms. Sirpontiac,

Thanks so much for your response! I called two GM dealers about my CTS breaking problem to see if they had any knowledge of this issue. Absolutely not a clue -- never heard of such a problem. They were not interested in referring to the suggested Tech Bulletin - (air in system.) Was told had to bring car in to see if they could replicate, then maybe fix. At least $100.00 + for the effort, and God only knows if/when the replication would occur and what the cost would be. My own angle mechanic will take the car for a while to see if the problem occurs while he has it. I will give him all of the info gathered here. Again, many thanks. I will post when I have any new information.
  • dj816dj816 Member Posts: 1
    Thanks for the info. I too have an 06 CTS that has a braking issue when pulling into a parking space. I had originally thought that I would have to replace a wheel sensor since it was the most logical source of the problem. I had not had the code checked yet, and I have adjusted my parking habits so that I would not have a difficult time stopping. Your solution makes more sense as the problem is intermitent and only occurs during a sharp right hand turn. By the way I normally only get the error codes when I am backing out with the wheels turned sharp right, but it might be that the error code comes on when I pull into the space and I turn off the ignition before I notice the code. I will be checking the wiring to see if that is the source of the problem.

ps
    Sarah @ GM
    Since it is apparent that GM monitors this site, why is there not even a technical service bulletin out regarding a possible fix instead of dealerships resorting to thowing parts at the problem hoping it goes away? Based on the posts, it is not a new or isolated issue It would seem to be in your best interest to help technicians find a permanent solution, especially since the wiring solution would be a quick and inexpensive fix. At the very least they could check the wiring for continuity.
    Good morning dj816,

Thank you for your feedback, and I can certainly understand your perspective given our frequent posts on the forum.

We are customer service and we do take note of concerns when a thread begins to grow (usually 5+ people having the same concerns with the same model year of a vehicle), and this information is passed along. However, where it goes from there it is difficult to say.

Christina and my primary objective is to help individuals get their individual concerns addressed if they choose to work with our dealerships.

Good, bad, or otherwise, this is where we're at. I can say that we do get visitors to our location from other departments within GM and we are able to draw attention to forums like Edmunds.

Again, thank you for your feedback and patience. I hope that the fix proposed by sirpontiac works for your CTS if you decide to go that route!

Sarah, GM Customer Service
  • eliaselias Member Posts: 2,209
    at CTS-V driving experience a few weeks ago, during the portion where we learned what 100% braking could do with the car, OnStar called one of the drivers to indicate they were sending emergency crews because the car notified them that it had been in a collision.

That's how good the brakes are, capable of that much G impulse-force to seem like a collision to an accelerometer.

The driver responded, "I'm too busy driving to talk right now, we are on a racetrack. We did not crash, do not send EMTs or fire crews."

Personally I was disappointed that I somehow did not brake the rented CTS-V enough to get a call from Onstar.
  • bob1922bob1922 Member Posts: 2
    I would be interrested in hearing whether you had the wiring checked and if so, was it the problem.

Thanks.
  • bob1922bob1922 Member Posts: 2
    I would be interrested in hearing whether you had the wiring checked and if so, was it the problem.

Thanks.
    I tested the wires with an Ohm meter, once off the car. At first it looked like the wires were okay until I manipulated the harness to simulate the approximate position it would be in while turning. Readings went from zero to the meter being pegged.
    Most important; I have no issues any longer!

Hope this helps!
    Brian
  • brendak1brendak1 Member Posts: 2
    I have a 2007 CTS with 56k miles. I have had my brakes pulsate, grind, and fail while pulling into a parking space 4 times in the last 12 months now. Luckily no damage has been done, yet. I talked to a Cadillac service writer about this and he told me he hadn't heard of any recalls. I don't want to just throw parts at the problem. In the meantime, I try not to park in spots where I have to make a hard right.