Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Chevrolet Aveo Transmission Problems

Comments

• yupper1yupper1 Member Posts: 17
    So sorry to hear that. My car is in the garage getting a valve job done. I will either
    get it out today or Wednesday. I have 6000 miles to go on my warrenty. I have an
    extended warranty and have gone to 2 different Chevy garages this is the 2nd time
    I am having a valve job within 15, 000 miles. The one I am at now metion that
    the fuel injectors are not working right, but I will let you know what I find out. When
    they replaced your engine did they tell what caused it to go bad. Like a cylinder
    head running to lean, or using the wrong kind of gas, or timing belt jumped, or bad
    fuel injector, bad plugs, or plug wires? I am actually thinking of sueing, Would they
    have a fit if we started a class A action suit? I will repost when I get my car back.
    This garage is charing me for plug wires, and I had the plugs in the car they are
    using them. My car has the 100,000 thousand mile warranty. To me this is fraud.
  • tmyles2tmyles2 Member Posts: 4
    Hey man i am with you on that class A action suit. email me and let me know how to go about that and if you need any support [email protected]. I have had to have coils replaced, O2 sensor, i had wires melt together, the gear shifter replaced, water pump replaced, all sorts of things have gone wrong with my 04 Aveo. Unfortunately i do not have the extended warrenty. So this is all coming out the pocket. Not to mention the clock and stero went out on me. Please everyone lets come together and let the media know whats going on or something. Something needs to be done about these cars because we all have been ripped off. :lemon: :lemon: :lemon: :lemon: :lemon:
  • lisar082774lisar082774 Member Posts: 2
    Hey it is not 100.000 miles...it was 100,000 kms ...which is not that much considering it is only almost 4 years old. The problem with the motor did come from a timing belt that broke and put the pistons up through the motor. Also the motor was NOT replaced through the dealer..it was done third hand as the dealer was wayyyy too expensive.
  • busirisbusiris Member Posts: 3,490
    Man, I hate to say it, but it looks as if you are behind the 8-ball on this one. If I am correct, the service guide says to replace the timing belt at 60,000 miles (roughly 100,000 KM). As you didn't say that this had been done, I am assuming it was the original belt that broke. Since it is an "interference" type engine, I am sure all hell broke loose when the belt broke. GM is absolutely free and clear on this one...

Unfortunately, I see 1 of 2 things in your future...an expensive trip to a authorized dealer or a replacement vehicle.

I wish I could offer a more optomistic view...give us a post with the results...Good Luck!
  • openend22openend22 Member Posts: 12
    you have to replace the timing belt on these cars before 60k miles.. Do it at 50k .. Its a few hundred or so to change but its better then paying a few thousand for motor work.. My aveo has gone basically trouble free for 150k miles.. I have changed my 3rd timing belt.. .. I change the oil and filter every 5000 miles and rotate the tires every oil change
    well that is great do you have a 04 Aveo? that is the first time i ever heard anyone have anything positive to say about these cars. I was wondering if everyone on here has had issues with the stero and clock. Mine went out a long time ago. I have been talking with Yupper1 about the possibility of starting a class A action suit against GM on the 04 Aveos. Yupper1 found this website for this law firm out of San Francisco who specializes in Class Action suits. I do not know much about law suits and what not. I was wondering if anyone else on this board would be interested in trying to do this. On the site there is a possible claims form we can fill out and have them look at it. I was thinking if anyone is interested in the claim we all can talk about this site and how there are so many people out here with similar problems. Well here is the website check it out and if anyone thinks it is worth it send me a email at [email protected]. Here is the firm's website
    www.schneiderwallace.com/Practice.
    Thanks
    Tamika :confuse:
    I'm not quite sure what you are hoping to accomplish here.

By the way, I was the proud owner of a 2005 Aveo Hatchback that certainly enjoyed its set of unique "circumstances", so I am no fan of this car. I say "was", because i unloaded it this past January while it still had a bit of value left on it.

I also had clock issues (mine had a poor grounding connection, and once repaired, worked flawlessly for 2.5 years). The C/D player worked great for the first 6 months before acquiring the ability to skip tracks at any random time.

It was on its 3rd sunroof when it sold (34,000 miles), and also had its shares of squeaks and rattles, along with the associated interior body parts coming loose and falling off.

Having said all that, what is your goal here?

I understand being upset with the reliability of the car, but very few class-action lawsuits involving automobiles are files over clock and stereo/audio issues. Most are from engine/transmission issues and safety issues.

Don't get me wrong...I'm not trying to rain on your parade, its just that I don't see where you can go with this, unless you have a widespread safety or engineering issue.

While there have been many posts about engine issues, these are not even a drop in the bucket when compared to the total Aveos sold. And, many of the engine related issues are related to broken timing belts, which GM says to replace every 60,000 miles (and many of these engines have exceeded this mileage without having the service done).

In any case, I wish you luck and hope you arrive at some form of satisfaction...
  • openend22openend22 Member Posts: 12
    mine is a 2006 but still the same car I believe,, not much if anything was changed. Everybody talks about a class action lawsuit.. with a class action lawsuit the only people getting any money is the lawyers.. the actual clients usually only get pennies on the dollar in most cases. Honestly unless you would have some serious issues I would doubt most law firms would take on your case. As far as some people ruining the engine because they didn't do maintenance (changing the timing belt) thats stated in the warranty manual that comes with the car. I do feel sorry for the owners that have serious issues with their cars. I have a chevy silverado that I am in the process of a lemon law buyback because of overheating and steering problems. Its very frustrating to have a vehicle that you pay good money for and you cant use.
    You said it....If you get lucky and win, the lawyers get the cash, and all you get is a coupon good for a radio upgrade on your next car purchase....
  • poncho167poncho167 Member Posts: 1,178
    All 4-cylinder cars as far as I know with timing belts require replacement in the 50-60,000 mile range. Exceptions to this rule are cars like the Chevy Cobalt Ecotec equipt engine with a timing chain like most V6 and V8. My old neighbor had a Nissan Sentra that he lost the engine if I recall correctly for the same kind of problem.

My V6 Chevy S10 p/u with over 140,000 miles has never had the chain replaced. I was told by a mechanic friend that it is not necessary in this engine.

The radio issue and clock are related to the ground wire to the chassis. There was posts on this forum a few times before.
    The way I look at it the seals were bad both times all before 100,000. This last time
    they said they either where a bad lot or put in wrong, I still had to pay another deductable. My heater went out during a blizzard we got 18 inches all roads were closed this is at 11:00 p.m. I work 2nd shift. I thought I was going to freeze to death, I was frozen, I have what you call Raynauds disease, once my digits get frozen then gangrene can set in. The first chevy garage did 4 valves and 1 lousy seal. I am sick of the dealers not doing a proper job. I am sick of GM, they keep producing this hunk of--------------. They do not have any recalls except seat belts,
    which neither garage took care of. I am having problems with fuel injector clogging
    up all the time even with a hot fuel injector cleaner. Driving with any wind the front
    end is all over the road. I even got pulled over by a cop for drunk driving and had not
    had a drink it was the front end. Every time I bring it into the garage they say they can not find anything. My 1st valve job my mileage went right down hill, I was getting 15 miles to the gallon they said there was nothing wrong with it this went on for 6 months, the 7 month every 30 miles used 4 gallons with today's price of gas thats when I needed the 2nd valve job done. I really don't care if the attorney get's most of the money, I want GM to start taking care of there problems. I have Fidility warranty company I got about 6 differnt answers they won't dispute it either,
    neither will the second chevy garage when I showed them the invoice from the first
    job they said: Oh My they did only half the job. I thought the warrany company was there to please you. We only pay for what the garage orders. I am sick of getting the run around. After the 1st valve job they could not tell me why the valves
    went, and you know something else has had to be wrong.The manager at the Chevy garage he said that the GM inspector said he would fix it this time but never again, he said it was due to reckless driving. What a joke.
    No it is time to quit complaining and do something about it. That is what I hope to
    achieve.
    ok i think you misunderstood i was only asking about the clock and radio. I have had numerous issues with the engine that had nothing to do with the timing belt. I was only asking about the clock and radio to see if others had those issues too. If you read some of my other post you can see all the issues I have had with this car. At any rate i will continue my research in the suit. Thanks for your input.
    Hi busiris,

thats okay. Yes I have the clock problem too. Happy Easter
  • luckinsluckins Member Posts: 63
    Hmmm. I don't know about a class action suit. Like what was said before, it usually doesn't work unless there's a serious health or safety issue, not a reliability issue. There are plenty of crappy cars out there that are worse than this car and no one has won any lawsuits based on reliability.

I think a better path would be to go to the agencies that are involved with quality control of automobiles. Maybe you can file a complaint with NHTSA. If enough people do that and there's a serious safety issue, they may issue a recall.
  • sohjcsohjc Member Posts: 2
    i also hv a 2004 Aveo & that is giving me check engine frequently.
    i am also ask to go for high speed drive to clear "carbon" in the chambers.
    what is this letter that u are refering to on the sensor problem?
    i am also wondering what recourse i will hv as it is over the 3 year warranty period :(
    :lemon: :lemon: ??
  • fordfan_17fordfan_17 Member Posts: 175
    P0700 is a primary code for a transmission fault code
    if you had the codes pulled at a garage there should be other codes included also? if someone used a autostore bought generic scanner to pull your dtc's you need to get the car scanned by a garage that has a better quality scanner you need it scanned immediately so you cant avert a transmission failure the P0300 code is a primary code for a misfire normally followed by another code P0301-P0312 the secondary code will tell you what cylinder the misfire has been seen by the pcm.

afterthought: if you dont get the misfire corrected it could lead to restricted exhaust and catalytic converter failure another expensive repair
  • poncho167poncho167 Member Posts: 1,178
    Most Auto Zones, Murrays, and others will code test for free.
  • scy80scy80 Member Posts: 3
    I have a 2004 Aveo that had its engine replaced at 113,395 miles. The reason for the engine replacement was that a piece of the bracket on the timing belt pulley broke off and lodged between the pulley and the wall causing the belt to break and obviously all hell to break loose in the engine. My husband, who has worked in the automotive industry for 10 years (parts department) and is a self taught mechanic, decided that is was easier to replace the engine all together than to try and rebuild the old engine. He was able to find one for a decent price with only 24,000 miles on it and after about a week's worth of work, was able to swap out the engines (which any mechanic will tell you, is just about enough to make you lose your religion....). The car now runs, but won't shift into 4th gear. The check engine light is on (it starts off solid, then will begin to blink after about 5 mins of running) and the rpm's are high when started (about 3K) then goes back down to what I consider normal (about .5K). The codes we are getting are P0300, P0700, P1781, and U0401.
    I'm fairly certain there's a bulletin out about this and I may have to get the valves replaced, but I seem to be hearing from others that it doesn't necessarily fix the problem. Any suggestions would be appreciated?

:(:cry: :confuse: :sick:
  • generalelitegeneralelite Member Posts: 3
    I have a 2007 Chevy Aveo LS 1.6L automatic. My check engine light came on about 2 weeks ago. I took it to Autozone to have it test coded. It came up with 2 codes. PO700 and PO705. First...PO700 is "Transmission Control System Malfunction"......and PO705 is "Transmission Range Sensor malfunction (PRNDL Input). I did some research and with opinions from others I decided to purchase a Nuetral/Park Switch from the dealership and replace that first. I just installed it today and it did make a difference in the shifting. Instead of kicking when I shift into "Drive", I now feel nothing at all.....just smoothness. OK....so I didnt really notice the kicking problem untill I replaced the switch.....well thats 1 problem fixed and 1 less thing to worry about.....but why is my check engine light still on? I disconnected the battery completely for about 15 minutes thinking that might reset the cars computer and turn the engine light off, but nope, its still on. Might there be still another problem? What is the "Transmission Range Sensor"?...and where is the "Transmission Control System"? I couldnt find any info on this sensor online. Someone please shed some light on this situation for me. Any help is greatly appreciated.
    Hi generalelite,

"Transmission Range Sensor" , neutral saftey switch is not working or shift
    indicator switch is not working, you may not have backlights. The dealer people call it a prindle switch (prndl-park, reverse, neutral, drive and low) also called transmission range sensor.

"Transmission Control System" PO700, there is a TSB out on that for the 2007 model. www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/recalls

Hope this helps

Yupper
    UPDATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I just took my car out for a little cruise and waalaa. Its working like its spossed to. It doesnt stick in 1st gear anymore and the check engine light that was still on, is off now. I talked to a freind that I work with whos a manager for O'riely's Parts (Orielys is his main job) and he mentioned that some cars computer systems will do a self check every so often so I guess I just needed to drive it around a bit and let the car feel itself out after I repleaced the bad switch. As far as the sensor, Im thinking that the sensors are in the switch that I replaced so it solved the problem all together. This is the 1st repair Ive had to do on this car and man did I get lucky.( couldve also been my awesome mechanical skills...lol.) I found the problem, researched it, and fixed it all on the 1st try. I havent had an american car in quite a while, so jumping back in and succeeding was the greatest feeling ever. As I did my research on this issue I found minimal information.....Hope maybe this will help some1 else out. Outies.
    TY very much Yupper.....your right on the money. I managed to get everything up and running normally again. I replaced the Park/Neutral Switch and thats apparently what the problem was. The problem I was having was after I put the car in "Drive", the transmission wouldnt shift out of 1st gear. So what I had to do was stop, put the car back in Park, then back in Drive again and then it would work normally. After I replaced the switch I was still skeptical whether or not I had fixed the problem because the check engine light was still on. Shortly after I drove it around the light turned off so all is good. Thank god because I just bought this car like 7-8 months ago and my warranty expired at 36,000 miles and the car is at 38,000 miles. Just like a car to do that....start fallin apart after the warranty ends....lol. Thanks again.
  • spitfiredanspitfiredan Member Posts: 1
    Hi, I just came across your discussion over your issue regarding the park/neutral switch, my wife owns an 04 Aveo LS and it just started acting all stupid. Low and behold, her engine codes was 0700 and 1781. She said the car got stuck in first too, pretty much a similar situation you were in. My question is where is this switch located, and about how much was the switch? Her car also has the code for multiple missfiring too, but that's another story. Any help would be great.
  • flaaveoflaaveo Member Posts: 161
    I THINK I read that the automatic transmission 'learns' how you drive when you first get your Aveo, and it adapts it shift points to the way you usually drive. Is that right? If that is true, is there a way to make it 'relearn' a new pattern?
    I am noticing lately, that since I have HAD to slow down even more, thanks to all the damn cops hiding in the bushes, earning their money! My transmission is not shifting at the points that I use to have them shift at. God knows I drive like an 'old woman' as it is, but now I have to drive even slower, especially in the mornings, with all these school zones and cops with radar! Can I pull out a chip or something, to make the transmission forget my old driving pattern and to relearn a new driving pattern? Or is it imprinted on my driving pattern and I am stuck with it shifting at the wrong speeds and hunting for the right gear? :confuse: :confuse:
  • mpolicmpolic Member Posts: 2
    I have a 2007 chevy aveo with 20k miles that is having some transmission problems. I have a manual tran that makes a very loud rattling noise in 3rd-5th gear (you can hear with the music cranked to full) that started a few months ago.. It also feels like the transmission is getting loose. I brought my car into chevy to get it checked and they did not hear it, i guess they were deaf. And they said every thing is fine. I find that hard to bealive.

Does any one know whats wrong with the transmission and how i can fix it?
  • mpolicmpolic Member Posts: 2
    I seems i have the same problem. I brought my aveo in to chevy and they said every thing was fine.BS. And it has nothing to do with the temp. I lived in wisconsin before i moved to calif. I spent a winter in wisconsin were it would get -30 deg. It's grinding is as loud in calif as in wisconsin. I also bought new tires for winter driving and it did not help.
    Do you have a manual transmission or an automatic?
    I am also going to bring back into chevy and going to personally watch them check my transmission and take them for a drive. If they find anything i will send a post your way. :sick:
  • beaubeaubeaubeau Member Posts: 1
    Bought my 2008 Aveo brand new and a few months later (about 12,000) the automatic transmission is now working right when cold. the car seemed to work fine in cold weather but now since it has gotten colder here in central Pennsylvania, the automatic transmission in the morning is not shifting right. It will go into 1st great fine and then into second, then when it gets near 3000 rpms it never shifts. The only way I get it to shift is to leave of the accelerator and let it fall back to 2000 rpms or a little less then I can feel it shift down. Then after that I depress the accelerator and then it goes back up to 3rd and then into 4th. After that it works fine. But it seems that when it’s near freezing or below freezing I have this problem. I am not getting any check engine lights or any warning lights at all. Anyone have any ideas what’s going on?? Bad transmission?? :(
  • RibooRiboo Member Posts: 1
    If you still have the AVEO Have the dealer do a crankshaft sensor variation relearn on your car. Every time a major component is replaced (motor,trans. etc) you have to have this done.( From Alldata)
    Good Luck
    Rick
  • KonstantineKonstantine Member Posts: 6
    I have the exact same breakdown with my '04 Aveo and replaced the engine.
    I too am now having the exact same problem (solid check engine light, then blinking and won't shift up past 3rd gear)
    My mechanic who swapped the engines claims he has no idea what's wrong, but I think he's just BSing me as this happened 2 days after I got the car back, so he's already been paid.
    scy80, how did you solve this? Did Riboo's suggestion work?
  • luckinsluckins Member Posts: 63
    Well, my car had the shift-interlock replaced exactly one year ago almost to the day and it's now broken again. I can't take it in tomorrow, when the warranty on the repair expires. I'm taking it somewhere else since it's not under any of my other warranties.

So, I wonder if this is going to be a once a year thing with this car or what? I'm tempted not to fix it and use the override, but I don't want to damage anything by doing that long term.
  • scottsmenscottsmen Member Posts: 2
    Riboo's suggestion worked. I did it to my Aveo 2004 car and it works fine now. It goes right into 4th normally. Had the dealer do it and cost me $135.00. He didn't seem to know what it was, until I explained it to him, then he knew. I talked to the Sevice deptment manager.
  • scottsmenscottsmen Member Posts: 2
    I had my 2004 Aveo crank shaft sensor variation relearned to day(31 March 2009) and it now works just fine. I went to the service manager and explained what I needed and then he realized what had to be done. It cost me $135.00 to have it done.
  • john338john338 Member Posts: 1
    I had my 2004 Aveo crank shaft sensor variation relearned today (29 June 2009) drove for about 30 miles all seems well. I will say that I had an interesting experience at my dealer.
    I showed up and told him what was wrong and what needed to be done. He said, "yea ok well it will be $99.95 for us to do the diagnostic and then we will let you know what we find from there." I left the car and walked off thinking wonderful they are going to charge me a hundred bucks to find out they have to do what I said in the first place. While on my walk-a-bout I spotted the tech and MY car at the walmart. Can you believe it! So shortly afterward I started my way back to the dealer I got a call from the dealer telling me that they needed to do a relearn procedure for the crank shaft sensor and it will be $150. I mentioned seeing my car and that I would discuss it more when I return. Well as I am stepping back on thier lot about hour has past since I first spotted my car and guess what pulls in behind me, yep MY car once again. I tell the manager all of this and they decide to do the work for FREE.
    So here is the moral of the story instead of paying the dealer all that money to test your car to find out you were right. Let them take it to the store and then make them do the service for free. :)
  • ihatemyaveoihatemyaveo Member Posts: 1
    I had the same problem happen today with my 08. Did you get it fixed? What was the problem?
  • thager11thager11 Member Posts: 1
    part of programming in the transmission control unit is: when it's cold the trans will shift later and allow the rpm's to come up high so it will warm up the engine faster. Sounds to me like your complaint is normal for cold weather.
    I tried this, the dealer said they understood and said they were going to "re-flash" it for me.

$120 later, I get the car back with no lights, fantastic right?

5 minutes driving it comes back on, flashing away. I'm losing my patience with this POS. :mad:
  • gmcustsvcgmcustsvc Member Posts: 4,252
    Hello Konstantine,
    Did you take the vehicle back to the dealership right away so they can fix it? Was the vehicle ever fixed? Thank you,
    Mariah GM Customer Service
    Hello Mariah, I went back the next day as they were closing.
    They quoted me a TSB about replacing the cylinders.
    Since it's out of warranty I'm not willing to spend $2000 on a TSB that really should have been a recall due to an engine design flaw.
    Hello Konstantine,
    Can you please email me your current mileage and VIN of your vehicle so I can look into this further? Can you also send me more information about the situation? You can get my email by clicking on my name. Thank you,
  • chev4chev4 Member Posts: 1
    I Turned on My 08' Aveo sedan, and let warm up for about 10 mins, and as i was backing out i let it back up on its own, and once i put it in drive as i was hitting the gas my RPM's wer moving put my car wouldn't go no where it like when you put it in drive and it just goes, but i was pushing the gas and only my RPMS would move but no power towards exeleration. So Im just wondering if anybody has witnessed this problem. :confuse:
    Hello Chev4,
    I apologize that you have experienced a concern with your vehicle. Have you taken the vehicle in to be diagnosed? Thank you,
  • bach09bach09 Member Posts: 1
    I have a '09 Aveo and have been looking for similar experiences to to a recurring problem I am having. At the most dangerous of times, my '09 Aveo loses power. I am stepping on the gas pedal, either accelerating or when maintaining a steady speed and the Aveo slows. The car never stalls completely, but finally kicks back in. At that time the tach drops to normal levels as though it has finally gone into gear. No other warning lights appear. This has happened in both hot and cooler weather, with different types of gas and yes, with a full tank. It will occasionally go for a period of time without an issue, then a period with many incidents. I've had it into the dealer twice to no avail. In a 10 mile test drive, the dealer couldn't replicate the issue and without a "computer code" the dealer can and has done nothing to resolve.
  • daneo233daneo233 Member Posts: 1
    I have an 09 Aveo also and I've experienced where the engine loses power at the worst times. Mine happened in the middle of rush hour on the free way. I had to come to a complete stop and start the car back up. It happened a few more times also. My dealer also couldn't replicate the issue and did nothing to help. I also have the issue where I recently had my oil changed and at 15K miles, my transmission fluid already looks dirty enough that the transmission fluid needs to be flushed and refilled. At 15K miles... According to the manual, it should last until 50K miles... I still have to get it checked out, though.
    daneo233,
    I would definitely take it in to the dealer. Can you please email me your complete contact info including a good number to reach you, VIN, current mileage, involved dealer, and your Edmunds username (or a link to this page). I look forward to your response.
    Christina
    GM Customer Service
  • larry163larry163 Member Posts: 2
    I bought my aveo in 2006 and now I can't shift it out of park.I brought it back to the dealer,they replaced the shift assembly.It worked for 2 day's and back to square 1.If there is someone that can help ,it would be greatly appreciated.
  • eddieteleddietel Member Posts: 1
    Our automatic transmission is losing fluid and yet there are no exterior leaks of fluids under the car. Still under warranty so not a major issue from a cost perspective but I wonder if anyone else has had this issue? If so what was the cause?
  • barkydogbarkydog Member Posts: 45
    For an automatic transmission to be losing fluid, there must be a leak. Since it is still under warranty, take it to the dealer and have them find the problem.
  • sonia96sonia96 Member Posts: 2
    We have a 2004 Chevy Aveo that has 3 codes that keep coming up. They are P0300, P0700, and P1781. We have had the valves ground, done a crank sensor variation relearn, and someone had previously replaced the ecm and we had it reprogrammed by a dealer but so far and nothing has fixed it.
    Sonia96, does the check engine light flash and the transmission not go into the higher gears?
    If so, I've had the same problem, and GM keeps telling me about their technical bulletin that would cost $2000.
    Right now I keep a code clearer in the car and clear it every time I want to go over 70kph. The car kicks into the higher gears then.
    I've been doing this for almost 2 years now with no consequences other than the inconvenience of the constant beeping of the code reader/clearer and the flashing light.
    Soon I'll be trading this POS in and will abandon the GM brand all together based on this experience.
  • sldmhsldmh Member Posts: 2
    edited March 2011
    I have a 2009 Aveo 4 door with hatchback I bought brand new in April 2010. We have had TONS of issues with it. It had a battery leak due to a bad weld job that cracked the battery and acid went throught the engine area (and all over our new home's garage and drive) All the front end has been replaced from the axle, cv boots, lower control arms (just replaced yesterday). This has been an ongoing issue with mulitple trips to the dealer and stays in the shop.
    Now--new issue---hubby was driving home in stop and go traffic and the car just stopped moving. It was reving up but the car was out of gear so he and his car pool buddy pushed it off the road, shut it off, and then tried to restart it but it did not want to start back up. They walked around it to see if they could see if anything was leaking and looked under the hood and seen nothing out of the ordinary. They got back in and it finally started up after 10 miniutes or so and all was fine. Took it to the dealer and when I checked in the guy popped the hood and pulled out the transmission fluid dip stick. He said "No freaking way" over and over again as he put drops of the fluid on his paper and smelled it. He said that the fluid was WAY DARK and smelled burnt and there is no way a car with less the 15,000 miles on it should have that kind of transmission fluid.

Well they kept the car overnight called me today to tell me to come and get it that there is nothing wrong with it. That " the tech is unable to verify concern, scanned for codes and bullentines and found none" so therefore there is nothing wrong with it. Next time it jumps out of gear to push the onstar button and have it towed to them and they will see if they can figure it out next time. I have a handicap son and we use that car since it gets great gas mileage to get to the doctor appointments farther away and I do not want to break down on the freeway with him. After reading that our LEMON CHEVY is not alone with this issue you would think GM would stop covering up the issue and recall them.
    (ok wishful thinking but it would be the right thing for GM to do)

Hope I get a response from GM as others have with an explaination why there is mulitple complaints of the same issue but nothing on the computer about it so the dealerships can see it IS a problem with this model car and can actually fix it.

EDIT: I forgot to add when I got the papers when I picked up the car it has a small hand written note on there that says "TRANS SEEPAGE" I did not notice it until later so I called back and the guy said oh I forgot to tell you about that. It is normal for a transmission to leak but if you are concerned we will rechecked at your next oil change in 3,000 miles.