Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Pontiac G6 Transmission

Comments

• bvdj84bvdj84 Member Posts: 1,724
    Can you explain to me what your engine did? As you described it was jerking around in town... This could help me think of how my engine feels compared to yours.

Now, I don't feel like my car is as bad... but I would say its acting weird more often... in gears 2-3 when accelerating. It seems to slip or lug into the next gear. 1 time it actually hit pretty hard... just 1 time though it did it that hard. But it does it on a smaller scale, Its rough sometimes.

I would just like to know if this is what you experienced before yours died.
    I have almost 18,000miles on it. I do lease. So that is a good thing.

I almost wish it would get a bit more worse, so the dealer could feel it too!
    I genuinely know something is not right.

Its not bad yet, its only me that notices it now.
  • toysg6toysg6 Member Posts: 4
    I agree with you. The G6 is a waste of money. I wish that I would have paid the extra money to get a more dependable car. My 2008 G6 was in the shop 2 days last week. They said that they reprogramed my transmission and that they couldnt find anything wrong with the hesitation when it cranks. Now that I have the car back, it's doing the exact same thing. The transmission is continuing to jolt. I pray that I can save enough money by the time the warranty runs out so that I can trade it in. My lesson learned is that cheaper doesn't always mean better.
  • sebastian7704sebastian7704 Member Posts: 5
    Update: The P0010 and P0011 came back with hard shifting, but this time I took the intake actuator out and checked its resistance. The proper resistance should be somewhere between 8 and 12 ohms. As I was trying to measure it , simply by touching the two pins sticking out of its connector with my little voltmeter tool, I noticed that it would jump all over from no resistance to almost nothing to way over 12. Pressing harder against the pins on various angles would sometimes make it go to proper range. I took the exhaust actuator out just to compare the tests, and they were perfect all the time. My conclusion is that the intake actuator is fried. One of the connector pins on it must have loose connection inside the sealed unit (or the solenoid it self is flaky but moving pins would hardly explain it). That explains the reason why it works sometimes and why when I played with the connector it also worked (for a bit).

I ordered a new actuator .. arriving in few days. I will take the old one apart to see exactly what the problem was.

btw. I suspect synthetic oil did the damage in the first place.
  • dave06g6dave06g6 Member Posts: 24
    Very interesting explanation... sounds like you might have the result the masses are looking for indeed. I suspect that eventually GM will issue a TSB on this one of course but that usually takes a long list of complaints and part replacements.

How do you explain the use of synthetic oil causing the actual actuator fault that you are theorizing ? I can't recall if it was you that I read this from awhile back when I had the car, but I know when I changed the oil back to conventional the frequency of this issue did go down somewhat. We've since returned it (early lease end) thankfully, but I know this issue could creep up on our Pontiac Vibe too.

The 2.4 Litre Toyota powertrain is a VVTi engine of course and using the same type of electronics too - I imagine they all do... I see the actuators and cam sensors off the side of it so who knows what may occur. Staying away from synthetic oil in it though and keeping it at the Toyota spec 0W20... at least the tranny won't bash into gear if it does decide to take the same route (5 Speed manual).

Keep us informed & thanks.
    So, am I reading this right? Does this actuator cause my weird shifting? It could be, however, I sorta feel like its the actual transmission. Someone else actually had to have their transmission replaced. They had many more miles, but experienced similar issues as me. I have never really considered my engine normal. Its depressing, because I keep taking it to the dealer and no duplicate issue.

I like that word, "bash". That is what it feels like. 1 time it actually slipped pretty hard into gear. It shook the car. Usually its fairly casual, and shows itself if you gradually get up to speed at decent rate. It does all of this about 75% of the time.

I have filed a report, and Pontiac has called me, but they just state they need to have it back to the dealer. I am just so tired to going there and no duplicate. I have no time to take it now, or even within the next month. I am actually taking my car to Florida, 14hr trip. I am not worried, but will have the roadside assistants number as a back up. I am just frustrated, I almost wish it would get worse, of course after vacation, so they can actually feel something. Then I wouldn't feel like a moron!

I am just so done with all of this. I want to be able to get in my car, be happy, and not worry if its going to shift weird.

By the way...... This actuator, would I be able to just tell the dealer to look at this, this be the culprit? Is my engine a lemon?
    Intake actuator solenoid not working (always open) will cause continuous oil to camshaft, cam advanced, eventually too much oil pressure which will cause hard shifting especially felt at low gears. Your car may also idle hard , and sound kind of like a 60s muscle car. If it's stuck closed cam maybe retarded , shift late. Purchase a new solenoid and see if it fixes your problem, they can be found on many sites and go for about $30. GM Part # 12628347. It's a 10min job , it is right on top of the engine and easily accessible.

btw. are you using or used before synthetic oil? Any codes?
    well, my car is under warranty, I can't purchase any parts for my car. That is not my job...lol. On a lease, the dealer must take care of that. I would have to get the dealer to see the problem then change it out.

Also, I have noticed this. Simply start the car up, back it out of the garage in to the drive way, then turn it off. The engine roughly spins down, like shutters, lightly shakes off. It only does this if the engine is on very briefly, then its shut off.

But, it will do this everytime if I were to do the above step.

Why would this happen? What it causing this shudder or shake when spinning off.
    Could this have anything related with my engine shifting performance too?

It just feels like something is keeping the engine from being its full potential. However, there are times, when it feels normal, but I have to get the feeling only by driving it a bit more aggressive, not hard, but with a little more pep.
    Drive it more slowly, then it seems to be more weird.
  • djasperdjasper Member Posts: 15
    Well, my car is running great. The wife picked up the solenoid yesterday and I put in in last night. It started shifting normall, instantly. Hopefully, from what you told us and that it worked on my car, that others will have the same luck.. It was the intake solenoid and I did check the ohm readings, old was reading about 5 ohms mroe than the new. Thanks alot.
    Same here, put a new one in yesterday and things are back to normal. Just out of curiosity I took the old one apart and it turns out that one of wires from the coil that was attached to the pin broke off and what hardly making any contact with it. They must have clamped the wire to the pin too hard at the factory damaging it and after 50K it just finally broke.
  • dave06g6dave06g6 Member Posts: 24
    I figured it would be one of the two (actuators themselves or the wiring harness or both) quality assembly indeed... I don't know about yours but you can almost suspect it by the shoddy electrical tape that you can see along alot of the harness areas... just ridiculous. None of that on our new Vibe, everything is either shrink wrapped or inside proper plastic conduit... the Toyota way ? A friend of ours has a Matrix, built in a different plant but mechanically identical cars, same assembly quality from what we can see under the hood - clean and simple... it wouldn't surprise me in the least that this issue is going to cost consumers thousands in diagnostics and parts replacements, probably in some cases entire transmissions because of the abuse to automatics that this causes - before GM starts to notice a trend an issue a TSB on the subject to technicians. And people wonder how the industry got to the way it is now - shining examples are everywhere indeed. What a shame.

Thanks guys for the input - I hope this topic provides alot of people with some insight into this problem across the internet, seems like an easy fix - almost wish I still had the car to prove the point even more... ok maybe not.

Cheers.
    My car started around 58k miles and it was intermitant. Finally around 65 to 66k miles it finally gave. I will take the old solenoid apart and let you know if I find the same, sure I will. Definitely a problem. I wonder about the Ext solenoid!! I may check the resistance on that one as well..
    So if I am reading all of this right...lol.. This is whats causing my shifting issues?
    My is still there intermittently. I notice it! This is not normal! Its not bad enough now to really cause anything to be noticed by others. However, I feel it. I really notice after riding in an 08 Jetta SE and its so much smoother up to speed than mine.

I am not worried about it as I am on a lease, its their problem, I don't plan to keep it much longer. However, it makes me mad and annoyed when I feel it!

Dealer doesn't notice anything.
    It may be causing the hard shifting in yours! How many miles do you have on the car? My car was around 58k or before it started intermittently. A part can go bad anytime but I have noticed the complaints start after 50kmi. The computer was reading the bad actuator and advancing the timing therefore the tranny line pressure was increased causing the hard shifting. It takes only one part to make a car run horrible. I do like our car and it has been great since I replaced the actuator, drives and shifts smoothly now. Planning on keeping the car until it is ready for the junkyard.
    I have 18,200 miles on it! I have noticed an issue literally since I leased the car. However, the car had 200miles on it when I bought it. Probably not anything related. It has always seemed its one gear that does this. This gear slips into gear, shifting noticeably rough. Sometimes you can tell, sometimes its less there. But usually always showing. My take is that I have driven 3 others cars, 2 were new G6's, same engine, the other an 07 G6 that had about 27k miles on it. They all drove smoother and seemed to be stronger across the power band! A way a car should be. My car doesn't seem to be as strong and predictable in the gearing.

You'll be driving, coming from a stop, getting up to speed, let the car get up to speed, the gear will sorta jolt, slip into place, sorta feeling like pressure until it gets there... them boom, it does it. Most of the time its minimal, or if you push it, it doesn't really show. Also, this car doesn't seem to be way off on engine specs when compared to the 06 Accord 4cyl I had, but my Accord seemed to have so much more power, when passing, and more torque.... and much smoother!
    A big let down, when coming from a Honda 4cyl. I do realize something is wrong with my car.

I am taking my car to Florida, a 2,200mile trip starting on Saturday. I will be taking the roadside assistance number along with me. Not really worried about it. Its not a big issue now. But, something will give at some point.

If my car was driving like the 3 other cars I tested, I wouldn't be burning to get out so fast! But this is truly unacceptable! I feel like I am driving a used car!! The engine has never felt new to me!
  • nd77nd77 Member Posts: 2
    I'm new, first posting. I've done a lot of reading tonight! anyeay down to business. like everyone else I've had my 2007 G6 for almost two years, it has 56,000 for mileage and i'm having the exact same shifting issue. I'm trying to get this fixed fast. the only difference I've noticed is that I have the 3.5 6cyl while most other posts reports are for the 4cyl. I've searched my engine over and can't seem to find the sensor/acctuator. I've followed sebastian7704's instructions from previous posts but can't locate it. could they be in different locations because of the engine size? I don't want to take this into a dealer, my full coverage extended warranty plan expired just 2000 miles ago. anything I do at a dealer will be at my expense. Maybe someone that has found the actuator and replaced it could post an image? that would be extremly helpful.
  • gonogogonogo Member Posts: 879
    The 3.5 has no VVT, so no sensor. Have the car scanned, a independent will do it, something as simple as a bad IAS cause hard shifting.
  • rbstapletonrbstapleton Member Posts: 2
    I have the 4 cylinder G6 2006. And just like everyone else having the same shifting problem. Can you help me find where the solenoid is the top of engine. I purchased the part but for the life of me can't locate it. (I suspect its in front of my nose and I missed it). thanks
  • rbstapletonrbstapleton Member Posts: 2
    Can you help me locate the solenoid. I have a 2006 G6 4cyl with the same symptoms. The code reports a problem with the solenoid. I bought the part but can't find where it goes. thanks
    Here is a picture of the location , the intake one is the one closer to the front of the car

G6 2.4L Solenoid Location
  • nd77nd77 Member Posts: 2
    Thanks for the help. I took this into a dealer today they ran all the testing that they could. and found no stored codes or abnormalities. Then test drove the car with the Laptop hooked up, there was still no abnormalities and all teh sensors were reporting back that everything is okay. but of course the vehicle was driving okay. So I'll drive it till it breaks, or I'm considering a trade.

thanks for posting the photo sebastian.
    I could not help you with that, mine is covered with a plastic shield, can't even see the engine. Some day I am going to remove it and take a look.
    Okay, well I just got back last night from a 2,200 miles trip to Florida. My mother drove the car pretty much the whole trip. Get this!! I have not told her about how its been shifting weird. She actually eventually stated that it seems to shift rough and sorta looses power in some areas. She said that, I never even told her about it.
    It is the very thing I have been feeling all along too! Also, the cruise is not real smooth either, at one point the car stayed too long in 4,000rpms. Then it dropped down. But, it was loaded with 5 people in the car, plus luggage. It scared me a bit, I am like wow, I thought it finally messed up!! I honestly was startled.
    Then it went back down.

So, I did not even have to say anything to my mom about it, she noticed it. She was like, "I didn't want to say anything, but it shifts a bit rough and seems to not have that kick in power when you need it". Because its refers back to the transmission or related issue.

Pontiac Service Rep has called me, asking if I had taken it back to the dealer for service. I haven't yet. I might take it this week. I am so tired of bringing it in, and they diagnose nothing!! Now, its not just me, its my mom that has felt it and I didn't even tell her about it. I am so done!!!! I am so mad!! I am either deciding to drive it until I can trade it, which will be closer to 2010 or try to trade it again now for the Accord Or VW I want now.

I HATE to say this, but I want it to get worse, so that they will notice it!! And not think I am some weirdo. The other 3 G6's didn't drive like this!!

What do you guys think I should do at this point??

-I could bring this discussion in to the dealer so they can see there are others with the same problems. Have them diagnose something.

-OR-

Back in June, I could have traded, but....
    2009 Jetta SE
    $3,000 down, and another $3,000 on the new leased Jetta

Now way was I going to do that deal. I would have $400+ payment and still have $3,000 down. Bad deal. But that was my first attempt, and the dealer could have bumped it up to get something out of it too! People trade all the time, there has to be a way!! It can be done, Surely better than that. I have had the car for 17mths now. I have 39mth lease.

Do you think I could trade now?? I know I might be upside down some, but it should be going down some by now. And it depends on the dealer too. I only tried to trade once.

Help is much appreciated! Thanks guys!

It does make me mad, because I love the car itself, but the engine is absolutely horrible!!
  • jhayes9835jhayes9835 Member Posts: 20
    I have a 2008 G6 with, What I thought, was transmission problems. The problem I was experiencing was hard or jerking when the tranny would shift. I took it to the dealer and they could not find any codes in the tranny to indicate that there was anything wrong. After further investigation they found a faulty spark plug and wire on the number 1 cylinder. They explained to me that when the engine came under a load the plug would foul out and it would feel like the tranny would shift hard. I was skeptical about the diagnosis but I told them to change the plug and wire. It has been a week now and the car is still running great. I would have never have thought that could have been the culprit. Good luck
    Wow, exactly, I am not sure. Dealer said the same thing. No sign of any problem.
    However, I am wanting to bring the car in and have them look at all of those parts.

But, I am just so tired of dropping the car off only to get nothing done! I am gathering all the info I can, and doing it!
    Glad to see it 's running good, a bad wire or plug would set miss fire code.
  • philman903philman903 Member Posts: 1
    I'm new to the forum and im trying to figure out are these transmissions automatic or manual. I have a 3.9 LTZ with automatic tranny and i've had the same jerking/jolting actions. 90K miles (5000 miles out of warranty) and its starting to get worse. :confuse: So far i've had to get the throttle boddy cleaned (from carbon build up) and a new watter pump. Do you think the OCV remedy from Sebastian7704 wld work
    Ok, well my 08 G6 has been at the dealer since Tuesday! Again! Well while I decided to take it back since I am still feeling jolting,rough shifting and some drag in power. Pontiac rep has been working with the dealer, they called last night and perhaps have some "leads", but have no hopes yet.

Mechanic drove my car to his home 30 miles away, at first saying no duplicate issue, I'm like great!! :( but now there could be acknowledgement that there is an issue as of yesterday! I may se like I'm crazy, bur I know what is wrong and right.

I also have a G6 loaner and it drives much better, no glitchy drive line! Same engine, but smoother! This will be the 4th G5 car that has been better, I want to be Like duh!! Can't you tell!!!

I'm so done! Fix it!! Dang how old is this model year?? They should have this down pat by now.

I want to trade, but I'm too upside down still on
    my lease.

Hopefully they find a fix, I'm really not crazy, there is an issue. Lol

I will let you know, hope to get it back today fixed!!
    Update:

I found out the service tech reprogrammed/updated and rebooted the control module that controls the shifting and performance, adaptive learning software.
    They claim to have fixed the issue, could see better results.

However was not able to drive it much, just down the street to work. I will see tonight after work.

I'm done! If it's not fixed, I'll live with it. Trade out when I can
    Well, the result of the reprogram and update has shown better results. It seems to have a bit more power and smoother when going through the power band. The one gear that always seemed to be really harsh at times has tamed down quite a bit Obviously, software cannot change something that is mechanical completely. Some of its mechanical.

So in result it is running a bit better, doesn't seem like its bogged down anymore. Now this has only been 1 day that I have truly driven the car since I have gotten it back, but it does seem to have improved. I am glad the dealership kept pushing forward to find a fix.

Also, I did tell them that my brakes were squeaking. They fixed the issue there too! Not sure what they did, but its quiet again.

For now, I am happy! Hopefully with time, this fix will prove to be the issue that needed done all along. At this point, I am so done with bringing it in. I will seek to get out of the car next year sometime. By then, I will be 2yrs into the lease, so my chances will improve on getting out with minimal problems. I have to let the economy and my car value settle a bit first.

I love the car, really because of all of its features it packs, and the memories of vacation in it, but this experience alone is enough for me to not choose a GM car again. Not to mention they don't lease anymore, and I am lucky to have a very cheap lease payment for the car I have.
    So far so good! I think the fix was the solution. However, the one gear that has always shifted more abrupt is still there, but the fix took the edge off of it. So its not so bad. I don't think I can ask for perfection from this car. At this point, I will drive it until I can get out.

Repairs:
    1. Windows not being able to be rolled down (2 times) Fix: a new switch
    2. Rattling headliner- realigned.
    3. Catalytic Converter-
    4. Software upgrade/reboot to the engine management computer.- big improvement.
    5. Brakes squeaked loud at times-Front brakes were glazed, replaced with new pads.

In my book, this is way to many silly repairs for an 2008 car that now has 20,600miles. All of which took awhile to fix. Not to mention the many times it took them keeping my car before finding the fix. And, its not completely fixed. The engine is not right still. I'll live with it. Most of the issues I had lived with since rolling it new off the lot!! Experience and impression is not good for a car model that should be near perfect since its such and older model.

I am hoping there soon will be some options for me to get out. But, my trade in value and pay off is still a bit off. It can only get better though.
    This forum is so quiet..lol.

Anyway, I have an update for those who look here.
    So far after the re-program of the software that manages the engine transmission and power. It is still running much better. Seems to have more power at start, smoother, and it seems to be getting better mileage too! It just doesn't seem like its bogged down like it was before. It actually seems normal. However, the 1 gear that always shifted rough is still there at times, but not so bad anymore. I am not going to push for it to be fixed. I believe this is totally mechanical. I have seen other GM forums with similar issues. Some how they have to be similarly related.

I am not going to worry about it anyway. I am happy for now.
    However, I am bummed that they dealer never called me after, to see how it was all doing. They probably think I am so annoying customer!
  • bspottenbspotten Member Posts: 3
    I have a 2007 G6 convertible 3.9 L. When I put it in gear (drive or reverse) I hear a metal clank, and sometimes when it shifts it also makes a simular noise. Anyone else had this problem? Thanks Bill
    Update:

I have driven my car for quite a while since getting it re-programmed. It definitely gets better gas mileage. The engine runs more efficient. However, Again, the shifting in the 1 gear is still rough. I think it might be the 2/3 gear. I now consider it to be the actual transmission. It jolts too rough to be normal. LOL, I laugh, because I don't understand how the dealer can't tell that its there now. Perhaps it is now more pronounced then it was. But, it is not intermittent, it is always there. I am not really going to tell the dealer, because I do not want the dealer to keep my car forever.

I am at a point where, if it goes out or goes wrong well, they'll have to fix it when it happens. It has come to the point where the issue NEEDS to show itself more so the dealer will really feel it. But, what I do know, is that it is more noticeable than it is in the summer, perhaps because of the colder weather.

Also, keep in mind that the car is a lease, so if I trade it in early if I can with minimal issues, then the new owner will have issues. If I tell them about it before trade, than I am screwed on trade. I DO NOT plan to keep it the whole lease.
    So keep my mouth shut about it, then trade, then tell them later. Sounds bad, but the new owners should know.

If the car was not having the issue, I could live with the car, I love the car. But truly want out, I dream of having my Accord, Acura, or VW back. It was a bad move on my part. I could have been driving an 08 Passat Komfort, and to think I turned it down because the interior wasn't really welcoming. I would love to have that car. Whatever you do, don't rush into a deal, even if its a beautiful deal! Yes, the dealer sells, VW, Mercedes, Audi, GM products. Make sure the dealer doesn't sugar coat any deal. It it feels off, then it is.

I am thinking next Spring to trade, by then I will be at 2yrs into a 3 year lease, I should be a better point to get out. I might need real experts to help me out.

Any advice is welcomed.
  • britbiker9britbiker9 Member Posts: 3
    Hello, I'm new here.
    Seems like GM almost hit a homerun with the G6, except for the tranny.
    I've always bought American ( Chrysler ) and tried to help out GM. I knew the 6 speed manual was a bit clunky but it really was just about the only higher end American car with a stick and thought it would be smoother in time. That is not the problem though.

After having driven a stick shift for 40 years, I burnt out my clutch on my 2006 with 40K miles. Huh?
    I did drive it harder than usual that day, but nothing like a hot rod, and I've babied it since I had it. I'm 57 years old ! The service rep said I must have been tough on it ... I knew otherwise but hoped it was a fluke.That was over 2 grand. A few days later the car wouldn't shift in reverse. The shifter wouldn't engage. They weren't sure what it was but suspected the plastic in the shifter had worn out and tried a few tricks to get it to work. It did, for one day. Now they are ordering a new shifter. After having read all of these msgs I realize that the 6 speed manual and auto trans is probably a peice of junk. Mine comes from Hungary.
    In other respect it's a great car. I own it and hope to drive it as long as feasible, as I suspect trade in will be unfavorable.
    Thanks for all your input.
  • sealant1sealant1 Member Posts: 2
    I know it's been over a year since sabastion7704 posted to this thread but I would like to thank him anyways in case he ever shows up here again. I had been struggling with the same hard shifting problem as many others on here have for about three months and assurances from my trans guy that there are no tranny issues.

Replacing the Camshaft Position Sensor (exhaust) did the trick and it's smooth as can be now.

Also thanks to this forum and all the helpful people on it as well.
  • supurdueperlizsupurdueperliz Member Posts: 1
    I have a 2005, G6 (standard model) with 67,000 miles on it. Great car until this morning, when i tried to accelerate from a stop and the engine reved and nothing happened. After a diagnostics test ($100) the Pontiac mechanic tells me....it needs the transmission either rebuilt ($2,900) or completely replaced ($3,400). Has anyone else had transmission issues, or know of anyone who has ? My warranty was up in July (of course) so I am in the midst of a battle with GM to pay for this repair! Help if you can! Thank you :cry: :sick:
  • lmv913lmv913 Member Posts: 1
    I have an 05 with around 80k miles. Lately when I shift to park the locks won't unlock which is what they normally do. And one day the car really was in park and I rolled backwards...I was on a hill. So today I put the car in park and thot it was, turned off the engine and noticed my locks didn't unlock. Tried to start the car and it won't start now?? Engine light comes in. So basically I shut the engine off when the car wasn't in park I guess....even though it is in park.
  • immutablemanimmutableman Member Posts: 1
    Did you ever figure this out? The same thing has happened to our 2006 Pontiac G6 GTP with only 46k miles.
    The cable housing lock clip has been known to break at the transmission on top, can be seen under the hood.
  • bamabelle526bamabelle526 Member Posts: 1
    i have been having the same problem - the check engine light will pop on, the gears will thump (sometimes quite noticeably), then after a while the thumping will stop, but the light stays on. sometimes i start the car, the light comes on and the thumping starts...sometimes i start the car and all is smooth and no light...what the heck is going on?
    it's an '07 G6 (value) 126,000 miles and i had the o2 sensor replaced 2 years ago...any ideas, folks? i am not in a position to pay for alot of repairs right now.

thank you, thank you! :confuse:
  • caridcarid Member Posts: 1
    I have a 2008 g6 gt convertible. I purchased my car with 24k miles on it in Jan 2010. I started having acceleration hesitation in Sept 2010. I took it to the dealership oh so many times. And I could not get it to do it for them. So like you they treat me like I am a crazy lady ! So now in June 2011 I still have the same issue. And now it will hesitate to accelerate and the spin the tires when it kicks in. I took it back to the dealer again today. And they say until the engine light comes on they can't do anything. They said they checked all the codes and it is fine. I wish mine would just hurry up and go out while it is under warranty ! I am now at 64k miles.
  • gmcustsvcgmcustsvc Member Posts: 4,252
    carid,

I apologize for the problems you are experiencing with your vehicle. Have you been in contact with GM Customer Assistance? Could you please email me your VIN? I would like to look further into your situation.

Thank you,
    Caron, GM Customer Service
    bamabelle526,
    I would recommend atleast having the vehicle diagnoised by your dealer of choice. This will help you get a clearer view of the problem.
    Christina
    GM Customer Service
  • nickie0nickie0 Member Posts: 1
    hey there, i have a 2006 pontiac g6. I've taken really good care of it, and it only had 1 previous owner. I was driving down the road, and all the sudden it wouldn't accelerate. I thought it had to be something electrical because this car has been taken care of and for some reason was thinking g6's should last a lot longer! Boy was i wrong...its the transmission and i'm waiting to get an estimate. I still owe $5000 on this car and it's a piece of junk :( I hope you don't have the same problem as me because i'm thinking it's going to be around $2,000 to fix...good luck to you!
    nickie0,

I apologize for the problems you are experiencing with your vehicle. Please keep us posted when the issue has been taken care of.

Thank you,
  • canadiankriscanadiankris Member Posts: 1
    I own a 2006 Pontiac G6 4C as well. I bought the car used from a dealership and I have had nothing but problems with it since I bought it. Sorry in advance but I dont know technical terms.

3 days after I purchased the car I had to bring it in as the engine light came on and I was getting clunking noises along with a shudder. Turned out to be the transmission. Now a year and a ahlf later the noise is back and the clunking and shuddering is worse then ever. I am terrified to drive it. Also when you put the vehicle in D from P the whole car shakes and you can hear a grinding/clanking noise coming from the car. I still owe about $6000 on the car and Ive been warned its probably going to cost about $5000 to fix it. :sick:

I have a squeek comeing from the left wheel well no one can figure out what it is (Routers have been changed multiple times and the wheel mount things arent bent).

Ive looked online and this seems to be a MAJOR issue with the G6 transmissions. Why is GM or their dealers not dealing with it. :mad:
    canadiankris,

I apologize for the problems you are experiencing with your vehicle. Have you spoken with GM Customer Assistance? Could you please email me your VIN? I would like to look further into your situation.

You can get my email by clicking on gmcustsvc.

Thank you,
  • myjourney2umyjourney2u Member Posts: 1
    I just had the same thing happen to me today. first it wouldn't "lock" into park...then a couple of hours later it wont start.....were you able to get it fixed? if so what was the problem?
    myjourney2u,
    I apologize for your frustrations. Have you spoke to the dealer regarding your concerns? Please let me know what is going on with this. I look forward to your response. Have a great weekend.
    Christina
    GM Customer Service
  • hapywifehapywife Member Posts: 8
    edited July 2011
    I AM THE 1ST OWNER OF THIS CAR. IT HAS 39374 MILES. 7-10-11 IT ACTED LIKE IT DIDN'T WANT TO MOVE, POWER WASN'T NORMAL WHEN IT DID MOVE. I COULD HEAR METAL GRINDING UNDER THE HOOD. INFO PANEL SAID POWER STEERING. I FINALLY GOT IT HOME. CALLED DEALER. ROADSIDE ASST. TOWED IT TO DEALER YESTERDAY. TODAY DEALER CALLED, IT NEEDS NEW TRANSMISSION. CAN'T DO IT TILL SOMETIME NEXT WEEK. WHY DID PANEL SAY POWER STEERING WHEN IT WAS TRANSMISSION. NEVER HAD ANY PROBLEMS WITH THIS CAR AND I LOVE IT BUT NOW I AM AFRAID TO DRIVE IT TO N.C. NEXT MONTH :cry: