Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Chevrolet Malibu Maxx Accessories & Modifications

13»

Comments

• drejdrej Member Posts: 119
    Hi - Has anyone sussessfully installed a Hitch harness, (Electrical add onto the trunk harness?)
    I have the hitch and need this setup/ wires combo instructions. a simple 4-row plug would be fine.
    Any help appreciated! Thanks in advance D~
  • als719als719 Member Posts: 1
    There are two, typically black, bolts on both the right and the left side of the windshield wiper blade in the back of the 05 Maxx.

Mine has rusted out and I'd like to unscrew them and replace them with shiney new black ones.

Anyone know what these are called or how to find them? :blush:
  • henrymartynhenrymartyn Member Posts: 2
    Any chance you could provide a specific part number so I can be sure I'm ordering the exactly right thing for my stereo? Just got it replaced under warranty and they used a radio designed for the older models with the plain black spinners.
  • billiambarnettbilliambarnett Member Posts: 4
    Vogtland Suspension USA
    This is a company who "Claims" they make a lowering spring for the Malibu Maxx. Anyone use them before. When i get back from Iraq im going to trick out my BOO with various upgrades, Painted headlights, tint taillights, upgraded stereo, LED underglow, LED interior accents, etc.

Im looking for a site(s) who also makes aftermarket performance shocks that will allow for a 1.5" drop. Can anyone Help. Ill add photos when i get home.
  • paopao Member Posts: 1,867
    with all the front suspension problems the Maxx's experience...I would be careful adding a lowering kit or adjusting the OEM suspension......BTW I have found no sites offering true performance upgrades for the Maxx in almost 6 years of owning one.......
  • thevaporz858thevaporz858 Member Posts: 1
    ^what performance upgrades are you looking for? i'm gonna put a CAI in and a flowmaster 80 series muffler in my '06 maxx ss. think that's about it for performance mods. i'd keep the stock suspension if you own a ss. just throw on some 18s or 19s to fill that wheel well. i went with 18" aftermarket rims wrapped in michelin pilot sport a/s plus tires (235/50) and that size tire barely fits, but everything sounds good so far after a few hundred miles. haven't heard/felt/smelt any rubbing/clearance cues yet. and i don't know about 20" rims. they are too heavy for this sporty car and they might not even ride well without modifying the stock suspension w/ air or something. better leave that lowriding stuff for the show cars. :shades:
  • billiambarnettbilliambarnett Member Posts: 4
    im looking for pretty much anything i can get my hands on. I dont have an SS ony a LT and im not sure if the SS exhaust system will fit the LT. I do appreciate your reply to my comment. Are there any pictures of your vehicle up on edmunds? Ide love to see it.
  • haawillhaawill Member Posts: 4
    Hi Pao,
    I have a 2006 Maxx LT which I like for it roomyness, style, dash, and the fact it has no issues (my 1990 Audi 200 quattro stick wagon is electrically psychotic) and am use to VW and Audi suspensions and handling. The Maxx, how shall I say it nicely? Kinda floats around corners and gets squirelly in quick lane changes. Anyway, how to give it better handling? Can the suspension components from the SS be swapped to the LT? I see you havn't found anything in 6 years, starting to look, I can't seem find anything. Do I need to sell the Maxx and buy a Passat? LOL ... Thanks for ANY help from Anybody!
    what seemed to help me was a larger rim and wider tires...17 inch rim with 225/50 17s on it...beleive that is correct size...will have to check....improved the ride and handling on my 04 LT....which just crossed over 160K last week....about to put my third set of 17s on it this summer...
  • ownerof4chevysownerof4chevys Member Posts: 35
    Hello everyone,
    I have a 2004 Malibu Maxx LT that I've owned since new. It has just under 30,000 miles on it, and last year the remote start feature quit working. The problem is NOT in the hood latch because I tried jumping the wires to no avail. When trying to actuate the remote start, the lights still flash as usual.
    I have a "code reader" that indicates there are no computer code faults, but when I erase the non-existant codes, the remote start feature activates for one time only! Have any of you ever had such a problem? And what was the fix?
    Thank you for your replies.
  • tjwaz2tjwaz2 Member Posts: 1
    Looking for the reset button for the remote starter. Changed battery and lost the remote starter while everything else works.
  • adel123adel123 Member Posts: 1
    my malibu Maxx has been failing at 88,000 and check engine light came on several times and tried to reset it, changed 4 oxygen sensors and did not help, and then the code was asking to change catalytic converter and after changing both cat converters it is running like a clock,perfect no check engine light anymore.
  • Karen_SKaren_S Member Posts: 5,092
  • lne216lne216 Member Posts: 13
    I would like to know this also. I realize this is an old message, but the same thing happened to me. Replaced the battery and lost the remote start.
    Hello,
    My situation of losing the remote start may be different than yours. My car's alarm system would go off in the middle of the night quite often. I suspected the switch on the hood latch as being at fault. I jumpered the wires and it would always start JUST ONE TIME ONLY. I have a code reader that could clear any codes but I was told by Chevy that hand-held code readers are only for engine codes. The remote start may be tied in to chassis components as well. I never got the remote start repaired at a dealership because it just wasn't worth it to me. I rarely used the feature anyway. Please let me know what the cause of your problem was when you get it fixed. Thank you.
    Steve
  • gmcustsvcgmcustsvc Member Posts: 4,252
    lne216,

I would encourage you to take the vehicle to the dealership to be looked at. Please keep us posted when the issue has been taken care of.

Thank you,
    Caron, GM Customer Service
    No that you. My dealership would not fix the clunking when it was under warranty, and it is horrible now. I am in no way going to give them a dime to fix this. This should never have happened. All I did was replace my battery.
  • gmcustsvcgmcustsvc Member Posts: 4,252
    lne216,

If you change your mind in regards to going to the dealership please let me know. Keep me posted when the issue has been taken care of.

Thank you,
    Caron, GM Customer Service
    Caron, I will update and say no way will I return there to even ask about this problem. You all at GM need to take responsibility for the defects in this car. This will be my last GM car ever! I am sick of all the bull this dealership is giving me.

Today I had the steering column replaced (again I might add) and it did not fix the clunking. I received no phone call when they started the work nor was told this replacement did not fix the problem. I was handed my keys and it was not until started to drive out of the lot that I realized that my car was in the same condition it was when I dropped it off this morning. No call saying we think your clunking is something else, nothing. No communication. Of course now I have a message on my machine to call them back because I went back in to find out why my car was still clunking. Do they really think I will call them back?

I am SOOOOOO done with GM cars. I will get a job just to purchase a Toyota. This car has been 6.5 years of headache.
  • rdesantisrdesantis Member Posts: 30
    hey INE, Relax Toyota,ford,honda,hyundi, kia all have Forums as well. Check out some of the issues posted there. As much as the automobile has become our culture they all won;t start without a battery and and fuel. Most of what makes the experience of buying owning or maintaining a car is attitude. The Automobile has created sooo much havok in the human life, but we also identify ourselves with them. Enjoy the fact that you are able to own a car that works or doesn't work exaclty the way you want it. And Yes call the dealer back to get the job done right, fresh chocolate chip cookies always seals the deal.

happy motoring
    while I understand the frustration of some owners here in reference to this MY Malibu, and it was the first new design.....many of the threads have discussed the front suspension and "clunking" issue along with the steering column and the issues with the electronic assist...

I too have an 04 LT Maxx.....I guess Im one of the fortunate ones on the Malibu board since mine will be 8 years old in Feb 12, is approaching 187K and still has the original column....many of the discussions lead us down the path of a poor engineering design for the suspension on this MY Malibu...yes I too have the clunk..but it has had no long term impact on the serviceability or driveability of my vehicle.....annoying at times..certainly, but it all comes down to expectations you have of your particular vehicle....for me...its get me from point A to B without concern for breakdown and is basic personal transportation....

It appears regardless of what is replaced on this suspension the "clunk" always comes back and is never eliminated totally...again a need for re-engineering which I beleive was done on later model years....there were enough complaints to the NHTSA board on the steering column to look at an engineer assessment/review for the issues....NHTSA, based on the number of reported events/repairs, and the actions GM was taking, ie replacing under warranty or in some case after warranty, that no further actions...(recalls) was warranted....

like the above poster suggested....a percentage of all cars regardless of make, model, or cost will have a problem or two......hey...anything massed produced is prone to a flaw.....I surely hope the issues owners are having with their cars will be worked out to their satisfaction...
This discussion has been closed.