Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Ford Focus Transmission Problems

Comments

• just_focusjust_focus Member Posts: 53
    2012 Focus SEL Paid $22,000 OTD drove it for 18,000 very aggravating miles traded it in for $15,000. I should hate Ford for the duel clutch my touch hoopty but I bought another Ford (real auto trans, no My touch) I got 35mpg with the Focus but took a bath on depreciation. I no longer care about gas mileage. I would of bought Toyota or Honda but they are not any better. Not a Ford hater but they cost me a bundle on the Focus.
  • fordftfordft Member Posts: 1
    2014 focus titanium power shift 6 speed auto trans w/ select shift.
    once in awhile when you back up, stop and shift into drive.
    the indicator should read PRNDS but actually reads PRNDL.
    this seems strange with only <300 mi.. No other complaints yet.
  • lemmings88lemmings88 Member Posts: 12
    I gave up, to dangerous for my wife to drive, I traded it,,,,good bye Ford
    NHTSA isn't doing nothing, I called i think I woke the lady up,,,,, when you go to trade it that dealer knows of the Focus problems and they don't even want to trade the car and if they do you wont believe what they will give you,,,,,this is just a shame that Ford would do this to its loyal customers.
    So tell me do you still LOVE your Ford??????? Go ask your Ford salesman how he feels about the ford Focus transmission????
    So how did you make out with Ford,,,,, I didn't do well so I had to trade it and alot of dealers didn't want it
  • toughallover85toughallover85 Member Posts: 2
    I also have a 2013 Ford Focus Se. I'm leasing it and only put 6,000 miles on it so far since Decemeber. Yes, I've noticed the power shift gear transmission the day I bought it and took it back to the dealership in which they said is normal. Okay, fine I've been dealing with it, but it is so annoying for an automatic. Anyways, last week I was on an interstate driving home when all of a sudden my dashboard lights came on, rang, and I had no acceleration. I pulled over and waited a few minutes, turned the car back on and I was able to drive home. I took it to the dealership last Saturday and they started working on it Monday. I called Tuesday and they said they couldn't figure out the problem. Everything seemed to be working fine. Today they told me the issue has nothing to do with my transmission. They said pretty much when I turn my car on the electrical system turns on and everything should be on. But mine wasn't turning off when the car turned off in which was draining my battery and sending mix signals to my alternator....yeah does any of that make sense to you? They put a new battery in it and will run diagnostics tomorrow morning. Smh.
  • sas5791sas5791 Member Posts: 1
    I own a 2012 Focus SE - bought it new off the lot. I was so proud of myself and all the hard work I put in to afford something new for a change. New to me meant that I could depend on it to run. Being a single mother at the time, it was a great accomplishment. Now to the issues. It all started almost a year after I got it in 2011. I had issues with the transmission. It only seemed to happen when I was backing out. Usually you don't have to apply gas too much to back up, but I had to in order for it not to sound like it was starving for gas and stalling. Took it back, they ran test, computer issues and installed updates. Month passes, it starts up again. Take it back, ran it through again, no issues with that from there on out. Soon I started experiencing it's get up and go, wasn't so fantastic. Fast forward to August of this year. I first noticed sluggish behavior with the transmission and then no acceleration. I am a one car family and this is all I have to get us through. I was at a stop light and when it turned green, my car; still running, did not go when I pushed the pedal. In fact, it revved up but no forward motion. Turned off the vehicle, and then after about a minute I tried it again and it started with no issues and I was able to get home. It ran that way until Aug 31. When out of no where it left us in the intersection of traffic on a Saturday. Was able to get things running again to try and make it to the dealership but the car had other things in mind and I was able to coast to a safe location. It would run, stutter and rev up on its own. Got it back from the shop on the following Saturday and get this, stalled on railroad tracks the same day. Took it back and it worked for about a week and again it died - this time it wouldn't start up all the dash board gear lights were flashing as always but no hope. Got it back only for it to do it again that following weekend. They replaced the Gas tank this time. They stated a faulty valve made the gas tank crush under pressure. So here I am writing this and I am frustrated beyond all belief. Got my car back on Thursday, drove it around and Friday, well it died again. This time it was parked and I went to start it and it wouldn't start. Everything in the car was working, just P was flashing. At least I was not far from home. Now I am without my car AGAIN on another WEEKEND, and now I have to plan my life again around my car. I can not afford anything else. My family have been Ford Loyals. I plan on being a Ford Loyal until I get the wrong answer today. Mileage on it now is 35.8. I have the extended warranty after the first time this happened. Reading all the post here only makes me feel hopeless. I have filed a complaint (like that would do anything) and I have voiced my frustration to the dealership that sold me it... If I get a new tranny, fine, if you give me a whole new car...better. This has to stop and I will not allow this to run my life any more. Certainly couldn't trade the POS for a Toyota or Honda. They wouldn't take it, and I don't blame them either. (side note - yes I do get a rental but it has to be a ford and it is on the lowest scale in comparison to what I drive. - at least they could give me something with some comparisons to what I have now - certainly without the car issues like the last rental Focus I drove the last time I rented. I had that traded out because it HAS trans issues.) :mad:
  • lengdoolengdoo Member Posts: 2
    My focus is 2013 titanium hatchback with 10,500 km. I am having the same problem every time I drive in a a busy road like in Toronto. The first time I brought it to my dealer, they reprogrammed the system/computer. The problem became less. The technician said it is normal. After a month I have to bring it back to the dealer because the jumpy transmission came back and it was lagging now a bit when stepping on the gas. The new technician that diagnosed the problem found out that there was a fluid leaking out from the transmission that affecting the clutch function. I am now waiting for the special sealant to arrive to my dealership. 5-10days waiting period. My dealership has the most useless technicians. They don't care very much for their clients' satisfaction.

I am now thinking of trading this car to Toyota or Subaru. Sad coz I really love the interior of this car and highway driving.
  • jmealjmeal Member Posts: 1
    Very similar issue here ... 2012 Focus SE with Auto Trans. In what I believe is second gear, the car would shutter (like clutch slip) and, when hot (45 minutes of stop and go traffic) would sometimes jerk between 3rd and 4th ... like you slammed on the break for a second. I brought it in for the fourth time for the shutter issue ... this time I knew I had a leak because I did my own 10K oil change ... I would appear the dealership did little, if anything the other times I brought it in .... and the leak did not appear new based upon the stain on the shield which is under the car. (if you have one of these, you will not see a leak under the car because the under engine shield catches it. The dealer now says that I
    m throwing all sorts of codes and that they need to take the transmission out to see what's up and that Ford may or may not allow them to replace it or repair it. Having had Mazda's and Toyota's for the last 40 years ... I now realize I should have stayed foreign and gone with another one of those or even a hyundia. It held such potential and I thought Ford deserved my business ... at the end of the day, Mazda USA sucked, the cars were good and Toyota USA was great and the cars were 1/2 OK and one, wonderfully trouble free for 20 yrs
  • puffinalongpuffinalong Member Posts: 32
    Nelly, what did you buy for tires the OEM
  • tankmttankmt Member Posts: 2
    I had a 2012 Focus SE with the dual clutch tranny. I bought it in Oct. 2012. I stated to notice a slippage when in reverse. This progressed to slipping and shuddering in all forward gears at the shift points. This was becoming unsafe. My son said he had seen many reports of transmission problems with this car. 7,000 miles rolled around and I took it to the dealer. They did all the electronic updates required by Ford and the problem persisted. Dealer said a new clutch assembly was needed. They ordered the parts. I became concerned that Ford would be unable to fix the problem with this style tranny. The more I thought, the more determined I was to unload this piece of junk. My son took me by the local KIA dealership to look at their new 2014 Forte EX. Boy was I impressed. I traded that Focus in on a new KIA Forte EX before the Focus parts came in. I was asked about why I wanted to trade and I told them. I gave them the TSB from Ford and directed them to the Ford dealership where I bought the car. Boy am I ever glad I traded for the KIA Forte. The Forte is more roomy and has more user friendly controls. Ford Motor Company, you had better get a handle on the DCT problem. Better yet, go back to the tried and true torque converter and fluid drive.
  • gene106gene106 Member Posts: 2
    I have a 2013 Focus. I have had it back to the dealer once so far (only had it since July) for the transmission odd shifting and as it didn't seem to know what gear it should be in.
    It's not too bad yet as it only has under 3k miles on it. I had looked at a Kia Sole and a Mazda 3 an liked both of them. However, I thought I would do
    the good American thing and buy a new car made in America and able to use alcohol fuel. So far I have not had some of the problems listed on this forum
    but I am very worried about my wife's safety. It lurches and slows down on it's own when trying to drive slow under forty mph. At high way speeds it's OK so far.
    I traded in a 2005 Hyundai Tucson on this car and now I wish I had it back. It was a much better performing car in most ways. I don't think my wife likes this
    car very much and I can't blame her. I don't think it is safe and I have little confidence in it. Ford, fix this problem please. Our other car is a 2004 Pontiac Vibe and
    is the best car I have ever owned. Sixty thousand miles on it and never had a dealer repair or complaint.
    Regards
  • lemmings89lemmings89 Member Posts: 3
    You should worry, Ford don't care about you what so ever, when it comes to the Focus if they are moving their mouth they are lying. Mine did the same thing around 3K and by 7K it was like an old manual Taxi Cab chugging around, I traded this piece of junk.
  • tankmttankmt Member Posts: 2
    edited October 2013
    gene106
    Don't buy American just to buy American. You had a Hyundai Tucson and a Pontiac Vibe (Toyota Matrix) and you were satisfied. I also have a 2001 Ford Ranger that had to have a torque converter replaced under warranty, way back. The truck has been fine since. I have always been a Ford man but, not any more. Trust me, unload that thing before any more headaches or worse. A Hyundai Elantra or KIA Forte is a better car. I chose the Forte for the extra comfort. Knee, leg and front seating is much better in the 2014 Forte than the Focus.
  • mikeejeneemikeejenee Member Posts: 2
    After 9 months of really horrible driving conditions namely: severe gear change judder; re-programming of the computer module; loss of acceleration when moving from go; unexpected roll back on slopes; noisy clutch motors; and one major transmission repair (which failed after just 200 miles); the Lemon Law arbitrator, through the BBB Auto Line, advised Ford that they must repurchase or replace my vehicle.
    For all those consumers who have experienced similar problems and concerns, and consider their car a LEMON.....PLEASE, PLEASE challenge Ford through the BBB Auto Line. Ford should not be allowed to sell vehicles with transmissions that they know to be suspect.
    Incidentally, the 2012 and 2013 Ford Focus transmissions have been replaced in all 2014 models.
    well you are wrong Ford wont fix it they will give you the runaround, and if you like the herky jerky dual clutch feel you don't appreciate the finer things in life, keep your Ford you deserve it.
  • mr_cassandramr_cassandra Member Posts: 19
    quote: Incidentally, the 2012 and 2013 Ford Focus transmissions have been replaced in all 2014 models.

sad to say, people are reporting the same problems with 2014 models.

you can read tens more posts about this at focusfanatics.com by using their search feature for the various DCT buzzwords like shudder, grind, transmission
  • lengdoolengdoo Member Posts: 2
    mine started after 10km. I'm now driving japanese car. My dealer told it was normal. What the hell. i felt like i was gambling my life every time I step on the pedal in a busy road of Toronto. This is my first car ever and worked had to get it. That was the biggest mistake of my life. Very embarrassing. This problem has to be fixed and should be a recall. I will never buy Ford again. Unfortunately their victims are always first time car buyers....
  • tweety1952tweety1952 Member Posts: 1
    there's a leak between the engine and transmission that damages the automatic clutch plate. this needs to be replaced.
  • annie110774annie110774 Member Posts: 2
    2012 Focus hatchback - Clutch #2 is going in Monday. So irritated - will Ford just keep replacing the clutch until I turn it back in next summer? And apparently, they still haven't fixed the issue with the clutch, yet they keep selling them.
    We are back to the old 'Fix or repair daily' days - anyone else remember that saying.
    Come on Ford! Get it together. :lemon:
  • annie110774annie110774 Member Posts: 2
    Oh and should I mention the MS Sync touch screen radio is a piece of crap! Mine continues to go down- completely black for days at a time. This last time, over a week with nothing.
  • unfocused13unfocused13 Member Posts: 4
    After keeping my car for nearly a month, due to "back-ordered" parts, I got my Focus back. All seemed well these last six months. The transmission was shifting as it should. No bucking, jerking, grinding at all. It was like a completely different vehicle. The Ford regional service manager even gave me a Ford Premium Care extended warranty for 75K. I paid to extend the coverage to 100K miles. I was a happy camper...

Then, a few days ago, the car started emitting a whining noise when it reached 45mph. The noise seemed to originate from the right rear wheel area. I supposed it to be a wheel bearing. I planned on taking the vehicle in this Monday, to have it checked. Yesterday, the transmission "demon" returned, in the form of a couple "jerks" as the transmission shifted. OH, joy...!!!

This evening, on my way home, as I attempted to merge onto the freeway, the transmission shifted into neutral at the end of the acceleration ramp. The engine revved to approx. 5,000 rpm as the car lost speed. The cars behind me had to swerve, to avoid a rear-end collision. My Focus then jerked / banged & re-engaged the transmission. After a few seconds, the same situation repeated itself. The car finally settled down & I was able to drive the last few miles until I exited the freeway. Upon ANY type of acceleration on surface streets, the transmission would kick into neutral & allow the engine to rev. At a stop, I tried to shift the transmission into "Sport" mode, hoping this would reduce the symptoms. The shift indicator went dark, when I moved the lever to the "S" position and the transmission would not shift out of 1st gear, no matter how many times I pressed the "upshift" button. I finally gave up & put the shifter back into "D", whereupon the bang / clang / jerk would return.

This POS is going back to the dealership ASAP. Unfortunately, it has amassed a total of 27,000 miles and is now "over mileage" for any relief under the Lemon Law of the State of Texas. I am seriously considering just to quit making payments on this JUNK & let the bank repo it. My life is worth more than a credit rating.

As a final note: IF you are considering buying a Focus...STOP!! JUST SAY NO!! From what I understand, the 2014's are just as problematic as my 2012.

I truly, sincerely, hope that Ford is slapped with a lawsuit & forced to buy back every one of these cars. They are much more a danger to the driving public, than was ANY Toyota!!

DO NOT accept the dealership bull of "that's just the way these transmissions shift." Raise hell, get an attorney, file a Lemon Law, ASAP!!
  • smandosmando Member Posts: 1
    Let's start by saying My Ford Touch/Synch does very well and it didn't work well in my 2011 Fusion either. The transmission on the Focus is horrible the shutter and hesitation upon acceleration is not good. Making a left hand turn is exciting because you are not sure if the car is going to make it. My wife will not drive the car, she says it is too dangerous to drive. I contacted Ford I had a case for the issue and they pushed it back to the dealer saying the dealer says the car is running as designed. So I opened a complaint with the NHTSA. Now I am working with the BBB (BBB.org) and the lemon law. Stay away from the Ford Focus!
  • peanutyatespeanutyates Member Posts: 2
    I owned a 2007 Ford Focus that never had one problem. My mistake was when I traded it and bought a new Ford Focus in April 2012. This vehicle has been a headache from the day I took delivery. It constantly shifts strangely and the dealer always has told me its normal. Today I took it to the dealer for what I thought was an oil leak. LO AND BEHOLD they call to tell me that the clutch in the automatic transmission is broken and leaking so they will need my car for over a week because the parts are on backorder!!!!! Apparently this is a major problem as my car has only 19000 miles on it. I am FURIOUS to say the least!
  • peanutyatespeanutyates Member Posts: 2
    The dealer constantly told me mine was running as designed when I complained until today. I took it in yesterday for what I thought was an oil leak at only 19000 miles and now am told its the clutch in the automatic transmission thats broken and leaking! The parts are on backorder because this is a typical problem? UGH!!!
    there are ford reps at www.focusfanatics.com actively escalating dozens of cases like yours, forcing the dealer to replace parts.

just do a forum search for grinding, clattering, and or transmission.
    the parts are constantly on backorder.

there is a clear message there
  • missmystandardmissmystandard Member Posts: 1
    2012 ford focus. loved it when i first bought it. now....Sync stynks and transmission "failed". Dealer was great about it. Fully covered under warranty (21,300 miles, mind you.) back ordered parts. unfortunately this looks like a chronic design problem and I smell a recall. miss my 2007 standard shift fully loaded BP green Focus. Some called it "ugly". I called it fun! it got killed by an SUV who changed lanes without looking. Sigh......
    Your scene of smell isn't to good, there is no recall now, in the future, never. Ford cant fix the problem, they are just covering it up. They don't care about loyal Escort and Focus customers.
  • just_focusjust_focus Member Posts: 53
    I had a 2012 Focus SEL that I paid $22,000 for and drove it for 18,500 miles. This car aggravated the hell out of me everyday of my life. I found out quickly that no one wants to take these cars in on trade because of the low offers ($12,000 to $14,000) but I went ahead and traded. The last 2 months I am back to normal, no complaints. If you decide to take a bath and get rid of your problem just make sure you get a regular transmission (no automated manual) do not get "Mytouch" and I would even stay away from direct inject and turbo charging. You will pay more for gas but who cares. It sure is nice just to drive in traffic and not wonder what is going to happen when I step on the gas.
    Isnt it a shame what FORD is doing to its customers, why would anyone buy a Ford after reading these complaints
  • fdurancolfdurancol Member Posts: 1
    Same situation here, I drive my 2012 focus and its 40k miles already, tomorrow will be going for its 3rd transmission rebuild at the dealer, at this point I am certain that the trans will fail again, I know about lemon law, but don't know how to start, has anybody got the lawsuit against ford going?
    In my internet travels researching the focus DCT problems, I found this site

http://www.lemonlaw.com/wordpress/ford-focus-transmission-problem/

Whether its worth it or not, I don't know. I chose to get rid of the car and went from aggravating nightmare to highly pleasurable driving in a mazda-3
  • goldilocks5goldilocks5 Member Posts: 1
    I too have had the problem with the automatic transmission in my 2012 Ford Focus Titanium. I have made multiple trips to the dealer on the issue with no resolve. I finally called Ford customer service and logged the problem as a safety issue. Losing power (or waiting for it to kick in) when you go to pass on a 2 lane road will get your heart pumping. Anyway using those words with Ford made a difference. Within a few days the dealer called for me to bring the car in for service. At the end of day 1 they called me to arrange a rental car for me. They took apart the entire transmission and replaced the clutch plates and seals (something another post said they had done). It took them a week to complete the repairs. I have put about 1500 miles on the car since the fix without any further problems. ANYONE with the same problem should do the same to get it fixed.
  • jimprwjimprw Member Posts: 1
    We have a 2013 with about 10K on it right now. We're leasing the car and have been very satisfied with it so far with no major issues. But, the transmission is definitely funky as delivered and that is the only thing we haven't really liked about the car. After looking into the issue here and on other forums, we found that there is a Ford TSB (technical service bulletin) out there for 2012-2013 Focus transmissions dealing with a hesitation when accelerating from a stop. I just took the car into the dealer last week to have this TSB applied to address the jerky transmission shifting. It involves reflashing the computer in the car. Essentially, it raises the shift points about 250 - 500 RPM which makes the shifting smoother and more predictable. So far this fix has made the car finally "normal" in the transmission area, so we're hoping this will permanently address our dissatisfaction with this transmission. As others have said here, the car on the highway is awesome and we'd really like to buy it off the lease if no further issues surface. Will have to see how the next year of ownership works through.
  • guido65guido65 Member Posts: 25
    I have a 2012 SE Hatch with the DCT. It has my touch/sync, winter pkg, sport pkg, moonroof. It now has over 22,000 miles on it. At first I did have the quirky transmission issue. After a reprogram mine has been fine. In fact, I love this car. The DCT is fun has he.. to drive once you get the hang of how to use it correctly. This car is averaging 34.2MPG per the computer. Build fit/finish is excellent. No rattles or squeaks in the interior. My family/extended family own 14 Focus of many styles and years. To my knowledge none have had anything really major go wrong. I know I am going to get hate messages.. But there are owners of this car that are having great reliability/quality from the Ford Focus.
  • lemmings89lemmings89 Member Posts: 3
    There should be no getting the hang of driving a car, you push the gas and it goes, your fooling nobody but yourself. You paid for a car not something to get use too. Hey there is a bridge for sale by me maybe your interested,,,, gee
    The majority of the focus' sold are like yours and absent the transmission problems, it is one of THE quickest, sportiest, economical cars I've ever seen.
    I'm glad you got one and wish you well with it.

That being said, count your blessings. This website only shows you 1/5 of what you can see about the problems at the focusfanatics website. It would take you over an hour to read even a sampling of the hundreds of posts there. Also people are complaining every week at fords facebook focus page.

The people who got the ones with serious problems are getting danced around by the dealers, then getting their cases escalated by ford reps at that website.

What is a serious problem? example the car completely bogs down as you accelerate to change lanes on a busy highway.

An escalated case means Ford can and does force the dealers to tear into the transmissions and replace seals, clutches etc and often the problems go away, at least for weeks to months.

Then they come back.

Getrag the maker of the transmission, has been the news discussing moving AWAY from dry clutch transmissions altogether. That should tell you something.
  • puffinalongpuffinalong Member Posts: 32
    Mr. Cassandra, I follow your post on Focus Fanatics and I can't figure out if you work for Ford or not.
    I have a Focus TI and bought last Feb. and in 10 months I have 4050 miles on it.
    I have a love hate relationship with this car. I can be doing 70 in the S turns and then when trying to go up a steep grade it powers down and I feel I should get out and push.
    The tranny sometimes shudders and when I stop at a stop sign with a slight grade and step on the gas I some times feel a bump and downshift . It has a shudder, but corrects it self and sometime the electronics go haywire, but the computer corrects it. There must be some redundant systems built.
    The transmission is a manual auto if you get my meaning as when I lift on and off the gas pedal drives better.
    I bought an extended warranty ,just good for 36K or up to 2018 because of lack of use and I plan on dumping it with 12000 k on it in 2015.I hedged my bet on this Focus.
    I am fortunate that we can afford a BMW 328 I and a Lexus IS.
    However, regardless of the cost I have peace of mine for 5yrs on the 328 as I save my parts #'s and drive it with out a shudder and a first gear clunk and doing Microsoft updates.
    I'm so use to buying new cars and just putting Mobile 1 in them and seeing the dealer once a year.
    Yes, the Focus has puddle lights .ambient lighting ,Park Assist with front and rear sensors and all the goodies , but you never know when it's going to mess the bed.
    Lastly, you mention the Gertrag (sp) transmissions.Do you remember it took Mini 5 years to solve the Gertrag problem and they had a 1000 of them go bad. Ford should of known better.
    Happy Thanksgiving, Puffin
  • bnicholsonbnicholson Member Posts: 2
    I bought a 2014 Focus SE on 11/18/13 and on 11/23/13 it failed to go into reverse. It is currently at the dealers getting the tranny "recalibrated" and has 300+ plus miles. The performance of the tranny was no big deal d/t my just getting rid of a leased 2011 Fiesta so I was familiar with the feel (crappy but tolerable).
    The dealer called a day later to say that they are still working on it and to keep the rental they got for me.
    I'll keep you informed on the progress.
    PS - going to check on Ohio Lemon Law.
  • bnicholsonbnicholson Member Posts: 2
    A "synchronizer ring seized" and rather than rebuild, Ford is going to put a new unit (I'm assuming a new tranny) in the car.
    We'll see how that works.
  • fish92fish92 Member Posts: 3
    I dropped off my 2013 Focus with 15,000 miles on it at the dealer for an oil change. I mentioned that there was significant hesitation when stepping on the gas at low speeds. I got a call a couple hours later that a seal is leaking on the engine and oil is dripping onto the clutches in the transmission (as I've seen posted on this site). Fortunately I have not gotten any runaround on this. They are going to pull the transmission out, replace the leaking seal, and replace the clutches. There is a five week backlog for parts so I'm driving the car until then.

Overall this has been a great car so far. If this fix resolves the problem I will continue to be happy with it.
  • maniac4maniac4 Member Posts: 41
    You are correct sir, After ford ,the dealer and the crooks got done with me I no longer have a car. first time without a car in over thirty odd years.Why with all these messed up power trains are people buying them? The fastest way to mess up your credit, And hate a ford. As well as regret even looking at a ford product is insane. IN CASE I WAS NOT CLEAR NOGH FOCUS AND BOUT EVERYTHING ELSE FORD PRODUCES. IS JUNK.' YES IM VERY PISSED OFF.
    No they dont. But they will care when they cant sell anything. And that wont be long.As well and way late for them to recover

I smell a defuncted car company about to bite the bullett, And close up. I feel bad for the workers but.Ford appears to be finished for good this time, bye bye ford
    HELLO IMPORTS. Buy American? Never again.
    Yep, I can not believe im saying this but I had to do that...... credit?.. for what do I need credit for? The car is junk. I wont be buying anything new prolly for a very long time thanks to ford. And lest we forget the screwball dealers.
    OH PLEASE SAVE THE LIP SERVICE Ford wont , cant, refuses, or flat out dont know how to fix this (thing). They got their bail out. on my blood and hard work. Say hello to your friend crystal for me. she cant hear you. she is deaf as well.
    YOUR PROBLEMS ARE ONLY IN THE BEGINNING STAGES> WAIT ANOTHER #THOU MILES THEN RE POST THE OUTCOME FROM THE INSANITY FORD WILL GIVE YOU>
    Not only is FORD the problem but our government NHTSA because they wont do their job, this is a recall and they wont do anything about it. Never buy FORD again, never
    Its a pay to play sceme it would appear. I wouldnt have imagined getting burnt this bad by a car company......After ten, thats right ten attempts at a repair? Why is it that the nhtsa dont want to take action? $$$$$$$$$$$ pay them to shut up. only thing i can think of.

So what did i learn

Any warrantee no matter how good it seems is only as good as the company standing behind it. So in reality every purchaser of these horrid little junkers HAVE NO WARRANTY.