Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Pontiac Grand Prix Traction Control/STS/ABS

1235»

Comments

• Options
    sherryherv8sherryherv8 Member Posts: 4
    edited August 2013
    06 Pontiac Grand Prix GXP (V8)
    I'm having Abs/stability control/traction problems too. Plugged n My own diagnostics machine. And it came up right front speed sensor circuit malfunction. So I replaced the hub. And It did not work. Same thing I especially noticed it when I make right turns it'll come on or right When I start the car???
    If you come across any answers please let me know this is really irritating :(
  • Options
    06 Pontiac Grand Prix gxp.
    Hooked up my Diagnostics machine,
    C0040- right front speed sensor circuit Malfunction.

So I changed the right Hub (did Not work) same issue Especially when I make a right turn or when I start the car It will come on. ???
  • Options
    eddie71eddie71 Member Posts: 10
    Replace the harness on that side. Can be had from Napa, Rock Auto, etc......Was like $25
  • Options
    Does it hook to the hub? And where does the other end connect to??
  • Options
    ahollomanaholloman Member Posts: 1
    I took my 2004 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP into the local service station today. He asked if I gave anybody a jump recently. My son had borrowed my car while I was on a business trip so I called him & asked. Sure enough he did. So it was a bad ground on battery that caused the loss of communication from EBCM.
  • Options
    andy2590andy2590 Member Posts: 1
    04 Grand Prix GTP with same issues, ABS/TC lights come on while driving and grinding noises on a flat straight even road. Can a GM Customer Service personnel like Christina or anyone please Email me @ andy_2590@live.com

Thank You.
  • Options
    Fixed mine it was a wiring harness And sensor that fell outta place. Took it to haydocy and they fixed it.
  • Options
    shandoodleshandoodle Member Posts: 1
    I have a 2005 Pontiac Grand Prix. About a month ago i started to notice it was driving louder...i thought it was my tires! Took it to the shop n the guy said my tires are fine etc well its been a few days n the Traction control light n the ABS light both came on n about the same time i noticed it is starting to make a kinda grinding noise when i turn....and ideas?? Please and thank u!
  • Options
    leebe3leebe3 Member Posts: 1
    What is the repair for this issue? Can I just buy something at the parts store to make this repair or is it something I have to have done at a dealership? I just replaced my rotors and pads all the way around and the issue is still there.
  • Options
    brenfelb3brenfelb3 Member Posts: 2
    I wish they'd done a recall on my year (1999). Same issue!
  • Options
    steve572steve572 Member Posts: 2

I left a detailed comment for all interested on this subject on the new discussion page.
    The fix for my 2007 Grand Prix was replacing the simple wire harnesses mentioned here.
    I used GM AC Delco parts which by the way are beefier than what I took off. Thanks for the meat!
    steve572

• Options
    astronuttyastronutty Member Posts: 1
    I signed up here at Edmonds.com for only one reason, to thank the user "liteweight" and others who are pointing out the wiring harness. I read the entire 8 pages of posts, and the resolution to the "unresolvable" is clear: wiring harness. The dealerships are ignoring the wiring harness and costing people a lot of money. My contribution is this: as far as the $1200 EBCM goes, that is even a simple problem: cold-solder joints on the circuit board inside the EBCM. Anyone that has slightly above soldering skills (me) can just touchup the solder joints of pins on the bottom of the circuit board, a five minute job. Edmonds.com users, do not fret! Print out liteweight's posts, and my post, and take them to your favorite mechanic, tell the mechanic to take the EBCM to electronics repair shop if he can't solder, or do it yourself. (EBCM should be absolutely water tight upon reassembly.) Thank you all for sharing your problems, you have contributed to a community that truly cares, and you helped me. (GM Support: Please do not reply to my post lest you make me upset.)
  • Options
    2005gtrem2005gtrem Member Posts: 2
    Has to do with speed sensor(s) on wheel bearing hubs or wire harnesses..Have Auto Zone, OReillys, other Parts sources check with an OBD II/ ABS scanner. Will give CODE and indicate which item(hub, harness, etc) is setting the code.. I had 05 GP GT with same error lights, had Auto Zone check and it was Left rear(Driver side rear) hub sensor that was bad.. Replaced with NEW SKF rear hub bearing assembly and ALL lights turned off and have NOT come back on..Was caused by bent wheel that was shaking the assembly and sensor was damaged by constant shaking.. Got SKF unit because of 3 yr warranty, and made in USA..Got 35% off @ Pep Boys with online, pick up in store promo( which has now expired, now is only 30% off)
  • Options
    2005gtrem2005gtrem Member Posts: 2
    Had recently had both front hub bearing assemblies replaced with Timken units,because of bad bearings, noise, and OVER_TORQUING of hub nut, so knew it was not front units, possibly the wire harness(es), but check with ABS scanner @ Auto Zone pointed to Driver, Rear unit and and checking old hub with multi-meter showed problems with voltage generated by sensor and also resistance value..