Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Pontiac Grand Prix Transmission Problems

Comments

• remannremann Member Posts: 1
    I am having the same problem. Did you ever find out the problem? Can anyone help?
  • malone1209malone1209 Member Posts: 1
    I have had my car in the shop three times for the trans slipping when I am going from 0-10.It does not happen all the time. Sometimes it will happen two times in one day, and other times it won't happen for weeks at a time. They cannot do anything for me because there are no codes shown. I am besides myself. My warranty ends in 500 miles. I have 110k on it now. It started happening at 90K.I had my fluid changed etc. No shavings or particles when it was done. Any suggestions?
  • gmcustsvcgmcustsvc Member Posts: 4,252
    malone1209,
    Have you taken it to another dealer for a second opinion? Can you please e-mail me your VIN? I look forward to hearing from you!
    Christina
    GM Customer Service
  • pontiac097pontiac097 Member Posts: 1
    :confuse: hi i have a 97 pontiac grand prix gt with a lil prob i had the oil changed in it had the fuel filter too before i went on vacation and noticed it a few times when im driving down the road when i want that extra push to pass a vechile it will sound like something is stipping out in the front end when i push on the gas the transmisson shifts great when your not punchin the gas its just that it sounds like something in the front end is goin out cv joint tie rod axle i dont have a clue as to what it could be it boggs a lil when you hold the brake and rev the gas pedal too please help
  • parisaaparisaa Member Posts: 1
    I have drived my 02 GP for just 8K since I bought it 2 years ago, now having 82K on it.

I'm a student, not knowing much about cars. It was working properly until late Sep. 2010 when I noticed slight shaking at highway speeds but ignored it.

With the freezing winter in my area, unfortunately I had the diluted coolant frozen in my engine (I come from a warm country when there's no need for anti-freeze, so had no idea about it). Before discovering the frozen coolant, I once drove it about 10 miles (with frozen coolant) when I noticed frequent slipping at uphill lasting a few minutes after reaching a flat road (as if the gear could not shift up and wanted to stay down). I towed my car to a shop where they thawed the coolant in an indoor garage and upon pressure-test, they found leakage from intake gasket. I planned to fix it in a few weeks but when driving the car back to my house, I noticed the same slipping problem upon pushing on the gas pedal at uphill (above 30 mph) or at higher speeds (above 50 mph) in a flat road.

So, there are some jerking or slipping (whatever you call it when you feel the car has a jumping movement as if it refuses to shift the gear up and is idling), the problem is in speeds above 50-55 in flat roads or in uphills when I push on the gas pedal even at lower speeds. Moreover, I still have the shaking at highway speeds.

Besides, I can feel that the engine is no longer as powerful as it used to be.

PLEASE SOME ADVICE! I am a foreigner in this country, not knowing about cars so mechanics can rip me off easily! On the other hand, I don't have the budget to get rid of this car and buy a new one. I need this car to work for me for another 8K until I graduate.

My questions:
    1- Do you think it's worth to fix it or it can run like this for another 8K? Is it safe to drive it like this?
    2- where should I take my car for repair? GM shops or others?
    3- I'm the seond owner, does it still have warranty (2002 with 82K)?

Thanks.
  • tex6108tex6108 Member Posts: 1
    How many 2008 model cars do you hear about the transmission going out? Why would a transmission go out on a 2008? Transmission was serviced at 65000m. Now at 101000 right after the warranty expired the transmission makes a whining noise sometimes won't move. Now its slipping bad. Crazy?
  • tdawg2tdawg2 Member Posts: 1
    I don't know about the 2008 models, But. I have a 2006, 69500,miles, trans went on me. waiting to see what the dealer says. I have a loaner. It's a shame that for so low on miles that you would have this many problems with these GXP models.
  • kate43kate43 Member Posts: 2
  • kate43kate43 Member Posts: 2
    My pontiac grand prix started last week with a message Reduced engine power. Took to the garage . They had it all week replaced 2 accelerator sensors. Said it was fixed, drove it home and recieved the same message reduced engine power. When I stop at a stop sign and hit the gas it sounds and feels like it is going to stale, put then it goes. Anybody have any idea's what it could be? Or have had this problem. thanks Kate43
  • 0316gxp050316gxp05 Member Posts: 3
    I purchased a used 2005 Pontiac Grand Prix GXP with 4ok about 2 years ago. I love the car when it is running but this last year it spends more time in the shop than I drive it. I have replaced brakes 3 or 4 times I am on my 4th transmission, and whole lot of other issues . I just got the car back and some how something went out on my powersteering pump. I think carfax has some type of car buy back if the dealer did not discuss any hits on the vehicle and there are 20 that I need to get the car fax and look. And yes I did look at the car fax when I bought it and there were not negative hits until I looked this month. In addition I know that there was a recall on this car for something but I can't remember what and the dealer was supposed to fix that. Is any body having the same issues.
  • fastblndfastblnd Member Posts: 2
    I have a 1999 Grand Prix GTP with 147,000 miles on it. The other night I was driving home from work and came to a stop at a light. When the light changed I stepped on the gas and had NO DRIVE. I soon realized that I had REVERSE so I backed it up and pulled into a parking lot. After a few moments of trying things out, I discovered I had 1st, 2nd and Reverse but no 3rd or Drive. I had it towed home and put it on a scanner but got NO codes. The next morning towed it to a mechanic who is now telling me the Tranny is shot. He said there is zero fluid pressure and the Tranny needs to be replaced. Estimated cost for the job $1500.00.

I asked about a Rebuild but he told me it would cost me more in the long run? Is that true? Does anyone know if this sounds right or if this estimate is in line? I really can't afford a new car and I DO love this one. Is it worth the repair? HELP!!! :confuse:
  • fastblndfastblnd Member Posts: 2
    what at the dates on the car fax hits now showing up? are they before you purchased or after? Also, you can check recalls at the pontiac site.
  • drewattdrewatt Member Posts: 2
    edited February 2011
    Yes the new tranny may be 1500 and they will charge you more to install it as well..I have a 2005 Pontiac Grand Prix GXP and experienced the same thing in Branson MO just last April 2010. The trans just died with no burning smell or warning lights or DIC messages. Had it towed to the local garage and they shipped it to a trans shop in Springfield MO. They had to rebuild the trans to the tune of $2800. Got the car back to Chicago and just last month January 2011, the trans blew again. Took it to AAMCO and they pulled the trans and shipped it out to Springfield MO (because the local yahoos down there wouldn't cover the rebuilt trans if AAMCO did it because for some reason they dont trust a nationally recognized trans shop like AAMCO). They rebuilt it and shipped it back where it cost me another $1000 to put it back in. The trouble this time was the torque converter which was new on the 1st rebuild failed and blew the seal thereby losing fluid pressure. Sound familiar?? Now today 2-16-11, the trans light just came back on. Just checked the fluid level and it is full and doesnt look burnt so i dont know what it could be now. Possibly a faulty shift sensor. Too many electrical components on this trans that are garbage. I am extremely disappointed with GM. I even wrote them after the 1st rebuild to complain and was told they could only give me $1000 off the next purchase of a new GM vehicle. Are they kidding me??? Do they think I would buy another GM after the trans failed at 53000 miles??? Oh and I dont "beat" on this car either. Ready to trade this in for an Acura as I am getting sick of dealing with this. My car has 63000 miles on a 2005

Now would I say yours is worth the 1500 plus labor which could be another 1000-2000?? Your car is 11 years old with almost 150000 miles on it. I would have to say a BIG FAT NO!!! I would take that money and buy something more reliable. You may be throwing your money away.
  • drewattdrewatt Member Posts: 2
    See my reply post on #267....I same car with persisting tranny problems. This car is a piece of junk. I am threw with GM and American made vehicles now.
  • npolsgrovenpolsgrove Member Posts: 1
    It all started a few months ago with a hard shift into each gear when the car warms up. A couple of days ago, it started to have hardly any power in first and second gears. Once it reaches about 30-35 mph, it's fine. It sounds like I need a new tranny, but just in case there's anyone out there that knows something I don't or something the shop won't tell me, I would appreciate the input. Thanks!!
    npolsgrove,
    Have you taken the vehicle to an authorized GM dealer? If not I would recommend doing so. They can diagnois your vehicle for you.
    Christina
    GM Customer Service
  • alastanalastan Member Posts: 11
    Would be nice if GM Customer Service would stop spamming with unhelpful information - the reason many people post here is to try fixing the problem themselves and saving a trip to a GM dealer for service.
    alastan,
    I apologize that you don't find my responses helpful. But in order for GM Customer Assistance to assist a customer the vehicle has to be diagnosed by a GM dealer. Besides this can assist with correctly diagnosing the vehicle, even if someone plans to fix it themselves. Instead of shooting in the dark with out having the vehicle actually looked at.
    Christina
    GM Customer Service
  • jja73jja73 Member Posts: 2
    02 had an advisory notice/ recall for Catalytic converter issues. I got burned on that cuz replacing cat on 03 model resolved issue but no recall on my model despite indentical parts used. Don't let dealer try and charge you for diagnosis. GM issued advisory for 02 model and thus should resolve it free of charge. otherwise job should not cost more than 3-350 CAD. reported leakage was also part of GM recall so both items should be fixed by dealer free of charge. outside of that these are still strong reliable cars. Some idiot in an old cavalier T-boned the car a few years ago going about 70km/h and insurane repaired vehicle. Cavalier was totalled though
  • alastanalastan Member Posts: 11
    Interesting way to look at it to post a GM Goodwrench commercial. Makes me wonder why all these users post their questions on the website when all they have to do is shell out some cash at the GM dealer to fix their problem.

Hey everyone - no need to post questions anymore - all you need to do is go to a GM dealer and they'll fix your car.

Please save GM Customer Service commercials for posts about GM customer service. Everyone already knows you can take your GM car to a dealer for service.

It sure smells like spam when someone posts a car problem and receives a reply from GM to take it to a GM dealer and pay for service.
  • mdjpandamdjpanda Member Posts: 1
    I am having some problems with my Grand Prix. I noticed a few days ago that the transmission was slipping, and I was told that I needed to get my transmission serviced. I did so, and the guy told me that with 90K mi I needed a new transmission, that this was the norm. So, after charging me 200 to service the tranny he told me that it was going to be 3000 more for a new transmission. SO, my question is... I have also heard that this can be a solenoid on the shift mechanism... Anyone know if this is a normal problem?
  • webmaster3webmaster3 Member Posts: 2
    When I was searching for parts the following part, and more below, showed up. Be sure to scroll down to see additional parts. Hope this helps?
    http://www.autozone.com/autozone/parts/Duralast-Transmission-Control-Solenoid/_/- N-6o2gf?itemIdentifier=971643&_requestid=762171
  • caleb91caleb91 Member Posts: 1
    My car is doing the same thing. did you ever find out what the problem was?
    thanks
  • doryweismerdoryweismer Member Posts: 1
    I started having this same exact problem within the last month with my 2008 grand prix. I also took it to a shop and they said the problem was fixed... until 2 miles later it came back on. Its back in the shop now and they said its related to the air mask filter... but it's hard to trust a response after a failure the first time
    doryweismer,
    Are you working with a GM dealer? If you are not comfortable with the diagnosis I would recommend getting a second opinion.
    Christina
    GM Customer Service
  • diyer2diyer2 Member Posts: 1
    edited April 2011
    Growling noise coming from front end,tires are in good condition and I replaced the right side CV axle since it was leaking grease I thought it was the problem,but the noise is still there. My wife is the primary driver she says the noise goes away when turning left on a freeway corner.

Any help with this would be appreciated
  • edwinmeyeredwinmeyer Member Posts: 1
    GM "customer service" will ALWAYS tell you that you have to have them check it, and its is not just GM, other manufacturers are trained to assume that we are all idiots, and stupid enough to pay them hundreds of dollars simply to tell you what they THINK the problem is, about 80% of the time, unless they completely replace the transmission and ALL secondary parts, their "diagnosis" is questionable if not blatantly wrong.
    Keep searching and if you DO get a diagnosis and estimate, make sure that it is in writing, That way, when you actually get the problem fixed, and it was NOT what GM told you the problem was, You can then put in a complaint against them for attempting to RIP YOU OFF.
    Most network television stations have a group that exposes these rip off artists for what they are.
    diyer2,
    I apologize for your frustration. Have you spoke with the dealer regarding this concern?
    Christina
    GM Customer Service
    edwinmeyer,
    Thank you for your feedback. It is your opinion and you are entitled to it; however, as all major companies or corporations, we have standard operating procedures. GM does handle their customers individually, not all situations are the same, so they must be handled on a case by case basis. I am here to help make GM aware of our customer’s situations. The only way I can do this is with the customer’s assistance. My first step is to gather their contact information (including a good number to reach them), VIN, current mileage, involved dealer, and a break down of what they are experiencing. The best way to get me this information is a direct email. The next step in the process is the vehicle must be taken to a GM Dealer. They have a contract with GM and must look at the vehicle. For GM to know their customers are experiencing issues, they must contact GM; whether it is me via email or Customer Assistance via the telephone. This will help identify the problem and how large it is. I understand when customers are experiencing these concerns these processes can be frustrating. All concerns, whether it is with a dealer or your vehicle, are documented in the cases set up if GM is contacted directly. Any customer that would like to call Customer Assistance and speak with someone the number is in your owner manual, or email me and I can provide it to you. Any customer that would like me to assist them, please feel free to email me the information requested above.
    Christina
    GM Customer Service
  • webmaster3webmaster3 Member Posts: 2
    It's the wheel bearing. I had the same issue on my car (2002, Grand Prix, Sedan) Also, have the ball joints done right away too - or otherwsie suffer the consequences of them breaking and leaving you stranded WHEREVER it decides to break.
    The whole deal cost me about $400.00
  • kmyers8kmyers8 Member Posts: 1
    :confuse: Not sure if this will help but at my wits end. About a couple years ago the car started "surging", RPM's would fluxuate up about 200-300. Like the transmission was "slipping". It was rare in the begining, and not at any particular time. Started to get more frequent as the car was driven more. (I drive some where between 2500-3500 miles per month.) Transmission shops all said nothing was wrong. About six months ago it would "hard shift" on the initial acceleration, but be fine after wards. Two more mechanics said nothing was wrong. NO codes thrown, no metal shavings in the pan, fluid not burned or discolored. Today, the car starts "hard shifting" in each gear shift through the acceleration to traffic speed but seems to be fine after words. A friend thought it may be the pump but not really sure. The car is my job, I am an independent contractor as a courier. I have another Grand Prix, a 2001 that the trans has already been replaced on so I knew buying it that the GM transmission was tempramental. So maintenance has been done at the specified intervals since it was new. Am I really screwed? I have been reading previous posts and they are all pretty much the same thing, except for minor details. It is really frustrating to get the "don't knows" until a major part goes out that costs the consumer in the 1000's. Any help would be very appreciated.
    kmyers8,
    Have you spoke with your local dealer of choice? Can you please email me with your VIN, complete contact information including address and phone number? I look forward to your response.
    Christina
    GM Customer Service
  • litz2001litz2001 Member Posts: 1
    Ok I am at my wits end with this car I am about to just get rid of it! We have changed the plugs & wires & coils, and the fuel filter, and the stupid thing is still running like garbage! It's like it's not getting any fuel but yet it's not throwing any codes. You push on the gas & the RPM"s raise but it's not going any faster & then when you let off the gas it feels like it shifts but then it jerks after that like your running out of gas can anyone help me with this?
  • g60g60 Member Posts: 3
    I have a 2000 Pontaic Grand Prix GT that I am having the same problem. As I am driving the car and as I push on the gas the RPM gage will raise to 3 or higher but the car will not engage. I have to let off of the gas and then the car will shift. Sometimes the car will engage after I let off of the gas but sometimes I have to do that several time before the car will engage. However the check engin light is on and the codes it is reading is PO404 EGR Circuit Range/Performance & PO410 Sec. Air System Malfunction. I have noticed that the car would shift fine until the check engine light appeared. I will let you know if changing these parts will have anything to do with the shifting problem but i do not believe it will help with my problem.
    I am having the same problem. I have a 2000 Pontaic Grand Prix with 178,000 miles. I just has the transmission rebuilt because it would not go into 1st gear. Now since I recieved the car back I have noticed that sometimes when you push on the gas while driving the RPM gage will go to 3 or higher but the car will not enagage; I have to let off of the gas so the car will shift and sometimes I have to do this several time before it will engage. I was told that it is an electical problem. I have replaced the computer brain but that did not solve the probelm. I am going to replace the Speed Control sensor next. I love my car also and this seems to be the only problem I am having soI am not giving up. I will keep you updated.
    I have taken my car to a tranmission shop because the first gear was out and had the transmission rebuilt. Once I received the car back I noticed that the car was shifting hard and the RPM gage would rise but the car would not engage. I took the car back and they told me it was an electrical problem and they were unable to fix it. I took my car to another transmission shop and told them the RPM gage rises but the car does not engage. I was told it is the torque converter and now my car runs great. Please have your torque converter checked. I wish you luck with your car.
  • marcopolo4marcopolo4 Member Posts: 2
    Rubbing noise is the wheel bearings and has a sensor. That controls the trac control thats why yr trac and abs light are on
  • 2007gxp2007gxp Member Posts: 6
    edited July 2011
    I have a 2007 GXP with Tap shift that I have had a shifting problem with, it first started with the computer stating a engin power problem, so the dealer replaced the gas peddle sensor, but i still had some hesitation problem. this week the transmission had a wineing sound and i had no gears at all. Had to have it towed to the dealer and Im waiting to hear the out come . It only has 62,000. easy miles on it. I will be very dissapointed it it need a trans. Any ideas ???
    Hi Kate 43 , Im hving the same issue with my GXP and replaced the sensor . as of yesterday I have no gears at all, had to have it towed to dealer and Im awaiting to hear what the problem is. It only has 62000 easy miles . I will keep you posted on the out come, friday im told
    edited July 2011
    I have a 2007 GXP, Two month ago or so it started with the reduced power message on the computer. got it to the shop that day and they hook up the test and it stated that the peddle sensor was in question. so he reset the computer and the throttle body was cleaned out. It still ran with hesitation. two days ago the transmission was not pulling when the gas paddle was applied and I schedule and appointment with the dealer, on my way to take it to the dealer the trans made a wining noise and I lost all gear, yep towed. It only has 62000 (easy) miles , while its a power plant of a car I dont drive it that way. Im told they will have a answer on friday. But the problem sounds near the same to most on this site . Does GM have any recalls on the transmission or this problem at this time ? The peddle sensor was replaced prior to the transmission failure
    2007gxp,

I apologize for the problems you are experiencing with your vehicle. I would be happy to see if your vehicle has a recall. Please email me with your VIN.

You can get my email by clicking on gmcustsvc.

Thank you,
    Caron, GM Customer Service
  • ptmillingtonptmillington Member Posts: 1
    edited July 2011
    I have a 2006 Grand Prix that is a lemon brought it with 32,000 miles on it in 2007 and the car fax report said it had no problems. I have had the hub assembly replace 3 times, the water pump, the powering steering, the trasmission was rebulit at 62,000 miles. I recently went on vacation and the transmission went out again cost me 2500.00 dollars to rebuild it again only 60,000 miles later. I wish I had never brought this car I have never owned a car that had so many problems. Tell everyone to stay away from GM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • 2002gpgtgurl2002gpgtgurl Member Posts: 1
    edited July 2011
    Anyone with me??? Just purchased a 2002 GP GT 2 months ago, first of all there's a bad statement, loved GM cars since I was old enough to sit on my grandpa's lap while he taught me how to drive his GM car, don't buy a Ford or a Foreign car he said, oh the regrets in life! My GP has only 91,000 miles on her and is in pristine condition on the outside and interior, whoever owned her before me babied her and she was garage kept! Now for the past two months she has sat in my garage being pamperd more than Queen Elizabeth!! Scared to drive her because the Transmission is hard shifting in first and second gear after she warms up for a few miles, get to my destination and shut her off for a while and head back home and she drives fine, Oh forgot to mention she does not kick into passing gear very well when I go to get on the freeway. I have read soooooo many problems with even newer Pontiac's than mine, no wonder they stop making them!! I have read stuff dating back to the year 2007 on this site, Re:transmission problems and so on, Too many Walmart employee's tried and failed as the Supreme Court turned them down, come on get aboard and as the Nike company says let's "Just Do It"...sarcasm gets me everywhere...anyhoo called GM Customer Service like so many people have done(LMFAO)on here to find out what this PCM code update is all about?? They played stupid and wanted to third party the nearest dealership to set up a "computer diagnostic session" hehehehe...which means more money to tell me what's wrong with my car that sooooo many on here already gave good advise before, Oh and "Car diagnostic computer codes are codes produced by the vehicle's PCM, or Powertrain Control Module. It's a rudimentary computer system which controls the vehicle's engine performance by receiving information from sensors attached throughout the engine and car and making changes accordingly. By using a Diagnostic Code Scanner attached to the PCM, mechanics can determine what's wrong with the vehicle" english man!, ENGLISH! for us non-mechanical humanoids. LONG WINDED I KNOW, but why doesn't GM suck it up and just fix the sh#t and stop using cheap products in their cars?, why do birds fly?, why is the sky blue? Why did GM and Ford receive "bail out" funds from the Government? Here's some interesting, undisputed, historical, data for ya. In 1965 top CEO's made 44 times the average factory worker and still do. Oh crap I forgot to ask why my cars transmission is doing this :confuse: , damn this ADHD!!!
    The story continues ( 2007) trans problems) talk to to the dealer today and they started the car and drove it , it works they took it for a short and lond drive and said it ran fine. But he recomended that the trans be serviced and new filters, wasn"t due till 100,000 as he told me but I said fine, well the retune call from the dealer was that they need to keep my car for a few more days due to dark black trans fluid amd metel in the pan. When i ask it this was happening to alot of grand prix , I was told it man made thing wear out. not at 62000. mile . my last honda ACCORD had 235,000 miles on it and never once had a trans problem, and the kid in the neighborhood still drive it. yeah.
    Not sure if the dark fluid is from being to hot or from what ever trans parts are coming apart.
    The only siler lining in this story so far it that it is still under the warrenty time and the repairs should be covered, but I worry that it will need transmission attention ever 50,000 mile or so if they dont upgrade the faulty parts. it all works out to time and lots of $$$$$. :surprise: Once this is repaired I think I will be car shopping and not because I want to and have sh*t load of money. Who does these friggin days .
    We will see what next week brings and I will keep you posted. Have a safe weekend everyone!!!!
  • grandprix07grandprix07 Member Posts: 2
    Don't have the transmission rebuilt get new tyranny it cost more but worth it in the long run rebuilding an automatic transmission is not easy a rebuild will never last as long as the factory minted one and if you all with the 07 GXP TAPSHIFT. Are using it in assisted manual mode make sure you all get the shifts correct or you will tear up the transmission. My 07 GXP has about 107,000 no transmission problems knock on wood. Replace the transmission fluid more often it seems to work for me I flush it every 50,000 no matter what
  • motorcity6motorcity6 Member Posts: 427
    Sounds like trading time to me for the GXP is a misfit using too many 3.8 parts..IMHO...Owner of a 2006 GT w/SC engine showing now 58K miles, all Florida driving, not rodded from stoplights, however car is a real trip..3rd set of tires, 3 intermediate steering shafts, 5 batteries, and today, 2 engine mounts.. Still on original brakes, power seat out on drivers side...

My only bad driving habit is high speed, and motor is fed nothing but premium gas, Shell..Car is not comfy, very noisy, and was only purchased because it was 1/2 price compared to original MSRP..showing 4300 miles 50 months ago..Bought from the local Caddy dealer..

My problem is having owned 53 cars in my 78 yrs, so I have been blessed with many great rides and just bound to stumble across a headache, too many times at the well..

Back to your GXP, 107k w/o a failure is a tribute to your driving habits and maintenance..
    ptmillington,

I apologize for the problems you are experiencing with your vehicle. Did you have any of the work done at a GM dealership?

Thank you,
    Caron, GM Customer Service
  • romierome79romierome79 Member Posts: 3
    edited July 2011
    I would like to know if mine has any recalls too. I have a 2006 grand prix gxp and the transmission is skipping 2nd and goin to 3rd. I have also had mine hooked up to a testeer and it said i had muliple issues. I will give my vin..
    romierome79,
    I will look into recall information for you if you could just email me your VIN. I look forward to working with you.
    Christina
    GM Customer Service
  • motorcity6motorcity6 Member Posts: 427
    GM customer service::Engine and Transmission mounts, both collapsed on my 2006 GPGT, never experienced any failure of engine mounts on my other 52 cars..

I realize that 2006 is ancient technology, however I think it is still used on the current W body Chevy..Impala..

The whole affair was fixed at a small shop run by ex-GM mechanics who knew exactly what was broken..Common problem I understand..Mileage is 59,453..

Other maladies have been steering shafts replacements-3, batteries-5, sets of tires-3..Still running on original brakes.

I imagine that the wheel bearings will be the next thing..and maybe a knuckle assy...