Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Chrysler 300M: Audio

2»

Comments

• pandabeerpandabeer Member Posts: 3
    Can anybody help me with pictures or diagrams or fix-it ideas for my CD changer which currently has in its stomach 6 CD's and will not plag them or eject them. How can I fix this problem or how can I remove the changer? Help
    pandabeer
    Thanks! I got the cd changer out with a tip on this blog. Problem; the CD changer was trashed. I got this brilliant idea to adapt an I-pod instead of putting in a new changer. Checked out USA SPEC PA11 Ipod interface on line. Anybody have experience with this? Then I got the brilliant idea of substituting an I-phone for the Ipod. Anybody know if an adapter is made which will plug into the cord for the CD Changer? You could then run your Ipod downloads through the existing sound system, and maybe do the same with the phone? Am I talking tomorrowland here or does this stuff exist. Thanks!
    Pandabeer
  • pkrpkpkrpk Member Posts: 1
    I just had battery replaced and my cd changer is showing these symptoms - amber lights flashing in unison, Err message. Also, won't eject cds that were already inserted for play. Any suggestions?
  • jpolstonjpolston Member Posts: 1
    The radio in my 300 M blew a fuse. I replaced the fuse now my speakers don't work. Looking across the speaker terminals with a VOM I see a short. Is this normal? Any help given is greatly appreciated.
  • khongsaodaukhongsaodau Member Posts: 3
    Anyone know Where's the amplifier on 300M located ?
  • ctoler3ctoler3 Member Posts: 3
    in the trunk, under the carpet on the right wheel well
    Thank you
    Give a shout if anyone has info on how I can adapt my iphone to receive calls on my fm radio, and play mp3s through my fm radio in my 300m. Help! Merry Christmas!
    Pandabeer
  • memphisaimemphisai Member Posts: 1
    Look in you Trunk on the Left or the Right side. You will have to move the panels though.
  • guitarz17guitarz17 Member Posts: 1
    Hi,
    If anybody can help, I would really appreciate it.

I just bought a beautiful 2003 Black 300M. It only has 12k miles. It's like brand new.

I love the car, but the sound system is not really that good. It has the "Premium" system and not the "Infinity" system.

Does this car have a seperate amplifier? From what I have read in other forums, the Infinity system does, but I can't find any information on the base Premium system.

Also, if I change the in-dash stereo, are there any brands on the market that will allow me to retain the steering wheel volume controls?

Any suggestions on brands of receivers and speakers. I am not looking for a real hard core system with a subwoofer, just something that has better e.q.. The "Premium" system has a really harsh midrange and a really weak low frequency response.

I am an audio engineer by trade, and I just can't take much more of the system from the factory as I am used to working on studio monitors all day. When I get in the car and listen to what I have been working on, I want to just turn it off. For those who care, it seems there is about a 6db boost at around 2.5k-4.0k. The low end seems to roll off around 120hz.

I am all ears, so please give me your two cents worth!
  • mercykillingsmercykillings Member Posts: 1
    About all the help i can give you is location of your amp, if you have one. Open your trunk and check on the passenger side slightly behind the rear tire well, if you have one, it will be there mounted to the side of the trunk wall behind the carpet/padding material.

good luck.

merc
    :P
  • mosszaphodmosszaphod Member Posts: 1
    I read through all the posts here and I guess I am now more confused. Let me explain what I mean. My left door speaker is making a crackling sound and is blown. I read on this forum one guy saying the speakers in the car are 2 OHMs. Most of the ones you buy in the stores are 4 or 8 ohms. So if I want to upgrade and not replace the side doors with a better speaker what are my options to make it sound correct and not less power? I am still learning about ohms and stuff so please bare with me. So my main question is how to upgrade the car door side speakers to better ones without losing quality. The other question is I may want to add a different head unit so does that mean I would have to change all the speakers so the ohms are right? Any details on how this is done and my options would GREATLY be apprecaited. Thank you.
    Can I change 2005 300 AM/FM Radio 6 Discs MP3 changer to my 2000 300M?
  • galady1galady1 Member Posts: 1
    I have the same problem in my 2000 300M with the door speakers and would like to try your method of re-gluing the cone back to the frame. How did you do this and what kind of glue did your use?
    Thanks for your help.
  • ctoler3ctoler3 Member Posts: 3
    if you are not getting anything below 120hz, i know that must suck. you can replace the factory stereo with any unit you want, and there is a device sold by crutchfield, part number PAC SWI-X. check it out, it turns your steering wheel controls into a wireless remote control. i will be getting the same thing soon. hope this helps.
  • gmidkiffgmidkiff Member Posts: 3
    I have a 2003 300M that does not get used very much (11000 miles). When I returned from trip to Florida the battery was completely dead. I hooked charger up and everything was fine except the 6 disc cd player now flashes continously and shows ERR in the display window.

I tired a suggestion I read here about unhooking battery for several hours. This did not help. I think there are 3 cds in the changer and I can't get them out. From reading this forum, it appears that the changer is easily removed by prying off the cover and removing two screws.

Can someone help me with a solution or tell me how to pry the cover off to remove the changer. I tried with a screwdriver but it didn't seem to budge and I'm afraid of damaging the area around the cover or the cover itself. Is there a particular point to pry from?
  • gmidkiffgmidkiff Member Posts: 3
    Pandabeer:

I've posted here for help on removing the cd changer in my 2003 300M but have not gotten any response yet. If you see this can you tell me how you got the changer out?
  • kodiak5kodiak5 Member Posts: 2
    Removing the CD changer is just as easy as you've heard. Simply pry the face plate/bezel away from the radio. If I remember correctly, on my 2001 there are 4 friction-fit pins that must be pried out of the holes in the 4 corners of the faceplate. It is not difficult to do, but you may have to exert some pressure to get the first corner started. If you are worried about breaking something by using a screwdriver, try some other thin flat tool - like a putty knife, trim tool, or even a kitchen spatula. Once you get the face plate off, there really are just 2 screws to remove from the left and right sides of the changer to get the changer out.

Good luck.
  • glcook66glcook66 Member Posts: 2
    I am attempting to replace the CD changer on 2000 300M. No problem installing the replacement changer (same model as OE)... but now I get no power to the changer (radio still works. Any ideas?
  • stroges31stroges31 Member Posts: 2
    2000 300m
    Hey last night i went through the PITA process of putting a new set of 6x9s in the rear. they dont fit perfect but i padded it up real tight to avoid any vibrations... however, it sounds worse than before. i know there is a 14w adapter from the infiniti sound system that i cut off and just soldered the + and -. so here is my question... im going to install a pioneer deck and was wondering if there was a way i could completely disconnect the infiniti amp and run it straight from the deck or should i just attach the remote wire to the new deck? which would they sound better from? and also is the 14w harness available in stores? sorry for so many questions but im completely stuck. thanks!
  • stroges31stroges31 Member Posts: 2
    i have a 2000 300m also with single disc changer. check your radio fuse.. not sure which is which but theres a good chance u blew your fuse for the cd changer. hope that helps!
  • turtlehead2turtlehead2 Member Posts: 4
    I have a 99 300m. It would be easier to buy a 4 channel amp and rewire the doors. That's what I did. That infiniti system is made to only sound good with that system. you go changing stuff and you are in for big problems.

You have your deck, I would get a nice 4 channel amp and a 100 foot spool of speaker wire. If you can remove/replace the door panels, it makes it a lot easier.

hope this helps.

P.S. please don't go to the big box for the supplies. they are highly overpriced.
  • jw300mjw300m Member Posts: 8
    Sounds like a lot of work...

With the exception of the front 6 3/4 door speakers, the Infinity System is actually fairly decent and it will be hard to surpass its sound quality without spending as lot of time and money.

If you are just looking for more bass I suggest the Infinity BassLink...I had it in a previosu vehicle and it really thumped.
  • jules24jules24 Member Posts: 3
    I have read all the posts and am totally confused. Please know that I am totally illiterate about car repair. Problem-my door speaker on passenger began vibrating the whole door when base and volume turned up. I just disconnected the speaker to replace later. Now the driver side is doing the same thing. If I fade most of the sound to the rear and turn the bass to mid way, it is better, but who wants to not take advantage of all the speakers. I've been reading that replacing these speakers will mess up whole system because the OHM are only 2. Could sombody tell me exactly what to buy to replace that will be compatible with my existing system? I don't wish to replace the system, just the 2 speakers.
    Thanks,
  • estuardoestuardo Member Posts: 2
    Would you like to sell your 300M

Thanks

Estuardo
  • estuardoestuardo Member Posts: 2
    I got the same USA SPEC PA11, on a Dodge Ram Truck for just fine.......

All control of Ipod at the radio head
  • jules24jules24 Member Posts: 3
    Oh no! Love that car, just have a speaker problem that needs to be addressed.

Julie.
    buy new ones from your local dealer...ask for a discount...
  • dkwalker1dkwalker1 Member Posts: 1
    Hey all

I'm trying to install an aftermarket cd player into my gf's 99 300m with the infinity sound system and i realize in order to get sound out of the speakers you have to bypass the stock amp. im also installing a subwoofer and all that but thats no problem as i've done that plenty times, but anyways.. Does anybody know how to bypass the stock amp easily? i cant seem to find the answer to this and audio shops wont tell me either! quick responses would be greatly appreciated!!
  • jeffreyb4jeffreyb4 Member Posts: 2
    Looking for replacement speakers as these are blown on my girlfriends car that she just purchased. Looked around the net & Ebay w/no luck.

Thanks
  • n2naskar88n2naskar88 Member Posts: 7
    Hi I just purchased a 2003 300M Special and one of the rear speakers is blown I believe. In reading the posts re: 1999 300M replacement, does anyone know if it would be the same way on my car? :confuse:
  • n2naskar88n2naskar88 Member Posts: 7
    On the back of the fuse box under the hood it tells you which fuse is for what. If you want to get lucky call my sister.
    I just installed a pair of 6 1/2 JBL front speakers...they are 2ohm as needed for proper sound/amp function....what an improvement!
    They are available at crutchfield.com for $120 but I bought them directly from they EBAY JBL Factory Store...paid $37 with shipping...what a deal!
    The bass is better and the clarity if more evident than the stock Infinity set, but keep your expectations realistic as the limitations of the Infinity AMP prevent anything too great.
  • djd300mdjd300m Member Posts: 1
    My 2002 300M radio has an intermittant problem that effects the radio, cd player and cassette. It started in the summer when the car was parked outside in the heat/sun - I get no sound from any device. If I parked underground or when the weather is cool, all 3 worked fine. Now I am getting more systems. Sometimes it works fine but also sometimes I get sound, but it is only at top volume. If I try to adjust down the sound goes from Loud to no sound. This happens whether I use the radio knob or the steering whell controls. And I am still getting times when no sound comes out at all. I checked at Al & Ed's car stereo and they tell me my radio needs replacing - has anyone had a similar problem? Could it be a bad fuse? Any idea's would be helpful. Thanks
  • clevelandqclevelandq Member Posts: 1
    I need a replacement. The original comes with a cassette player. I want a separate, 5 disc CD play, which I believe is still operational. I also want the steering whell controls to continue working. I believe the stereo brand is Infinity.

Thanx in advance.

ceq
  • alexrad123alexrad123 Member Posts: 1
    Hello, im looking at snipping the wire for the front center dash speaker on my 2000 300m. I will be snipping it at the amp in the trunk. Its a Infinity II. Can someone tell me the colour of them.

Thanks
    Alex R.
  • mh16mh16 Member Posts: 1
    ok so i have this 300M 2000 and i bought a sub and an amplifier.... i need help to kno how to connect all of that.... i think u have to buy an amplifier adaptor or something like that but im not too sure so i dont want to pay for something for no reason.... HELLP ME PLZ I WANT THAT SUB LOL thanks a lot
  • fckohnfckohn Member Posts: 1
    Can you provide the part number for these JBL speakers?
  • sionelesionele Member Posts: 1
    I have a 2001 300m and I am going to attempt to install a 4 channel amp myself. I wanted to know how I can get the power cord from the inside of the car to the battery.
  • frankimfrankim Member Posts: 2
    I can't find the wire for the front center dash speaker on my 1999 300M. It's an Infinity ll. Where do I start and what do I cut? Can anyone help me with this? :confuse:
  • davemc2davemc2 Member Posts: 2
    I have a 2001 300M. None of the steering wheel controls work. AM, FM, and tape work but cd changer won't play at all-not even if I select it from the stereo console. I can load and eject cd's manually but they don't play. I have removed both the radio and changer components, jiggled cables, etc. but no luck.
  • angwooangwoo Member Posts: 1
    the cd changer in my car was not working, the previous owner put in a stereo without a plug for the changer, i got a new one and it did not have the wires with it, now i need to know how to install the new one without the wire harness that goes with it because the old ones do not math up. please help!
  • raiello2001raiello2001 Member Posts: 1
    Good afternoon. I own a 2001 Chrysler 300M all stock, with the Infinity 360 watt stereo system. I am looking to upgrade my stereo system, but need information on the exact wiring of the speakers, how the amplifier is connected to the speakers and to the stereo. I also would like to know what is the wattage of each speaker in the car. I contacted Infinity and my local dealer, and neither of the two knows these answers. Please help me.

Thank you.
  • saul_405saul_405 Member Posts: 1
    I am trying to install an aftermarket stereo onto my 06 Chrysler 300m. I have power going to the stereo but for some reason I don't have sound coming out of it??? can someone help me plz. I have wired everything right I just don't know why I don't any sound
  • teban1teban1 Member Posts: 1
    edited February 2015
    Hi, I have 2000 300m, my dash speaker is blown, does anyone know how to remove it ? thanks