Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Chevrolet Uplander Electrical Problems

Comments

• bruslbrusl Member Posts: 1
    I have a 2005 Uplander and my remotes will not lock the van, nor is the lock delay working. If I manually lock the doors and use the remotes it will unlock, however it will not lock. And all that when it is cold outside. In warm weather I have no issues.
    Has anybody else had that problem?

Cheers
  • alarmnutalarmnut Member Posts: 2
    I have a Chevy Uplander 2008 minivan, Used as a Cargo Van. After 30,000 miles, it's displaying "Check Stabilizer and Check Traction Control, & Brake light on". I had it serviced at Chevy Dealer, They said is was a bad contol, they fixed it. Well 3,000 miles later, the same thing showed up on my display. Anyone else had this problem? I have it in the Chevy Dealer shop right now. They claimed they will have it fixed. WE SHALL SEE?
  • phamilymanphamilyman Member Posts: 1
    I keep having this same problem only my dealership won't fix it without first authorizing an On Board Diagnostic check for $55. I won't allow this because its a scam. I have an OBD and it doesn't come up as an error code, there just trying to soak me. Plus they say it isn't covered under the warranty. I called the police and made a report about the dealership refusing to honor the warranty. Court precedings are coming up.
  • wpacpaulwpacpaul Member Posts: 1
    I have had the Alternator replaced on my 05 Saturn Relay, so far so good. The pulsing brakes have been occasionally severe and I have found that it is possible for the rotors to become "off-center" on the hub due to sloppy fit (too much clearance) in the stud to rotor interface. Careful alignment on assembly helps for a while, but eventually they slip. I have been literally tearing my hair out over the power sliding door issues. After having the pasenger side door pop open while driving home from church yesterday, I am going to disconnect the motordrive assemblies on both sides. I f that doesn't work I may weld the doors shut. :mad:
  • uplanderguyuplanderguy Member Posts: 16,056
    Concerning your power sliding doors...I know this sounds like it shouldn't work, but on my '05 Uplander, it absolutely does.

When I first brought it into the dealer a couple years ago for the power sliding door sometimes not closing on the first attempt, they took a Dremel tool and used it on the eight (or so) gold-colored contact points on the body of the van, in front of the sliding door. That worked great. Probably nine months or so later it would happen intermittently again. I use an SOS pad on those points on the body and the door works great. Really. Try it.

Bill
    2024 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray 2LT; 2019 Chevrolet Equinox LT; 2015 Chevrolet Cruze LS
  • imidazol97imidazol97 Member Posts: 27,132
    Try a rubber pencil eraser to clean those contacts. It may be less abrasive than the SOS metal fibers.

Also coating them with dielectric might keep them from deteriorating the surface.

2014 Malibu 2LT, 2015 Cruze 2LT,

• chevyjaxchevyjax Member Posts: 12
    They did do that at the dealership, however, it did not help any.It has gotten to the point where the door only works with any of the buttons about 2% of the time. It also does not close on the first attempt, sometimes not even the 2nd or 3rd attempt. Then while driving down the road the van will start binging saying the door is open, sometimes it will actually open while driving. I have taken it to 3 different dealerships and no one knows what to do. They have replaced every possible component to replace and still nothing. My warranty is running out very soon and GM is really not working with me at all.
  • spike99spike99 Member Posts: 239

Below is found within: http://www.baileycar.com/recalls_html.html

Not too sure if manual or "power" doors. But since the doors are opening by themselves while driving down the road (like your van), I would assume "power doors" have this problem.

Long post short... This is a known problem with these doors and it appears GM has little interest in fixing (for all). As a safety recommendation, I would "turn off" the manual door function. Turn its switch off and if necessary, "pull its fuse". Having manual sliding doors (like my van) is much safer then auto-doors, then want to open on their own. Especially while driving down the road.. Hope this helps "save a life".

------------

27/11/07

Drivers of the Chevrolet Uplander, Saturn Relay, Buick Terraza, and Pontiac Montana are complaining about a serious sliding door problem, where the doors will open while the vehicle is in motion. More than two dozen complaints have been received by the National Highway Traffic and Safety Administration, yet there have been no recalls.

Consumers have complained of having the door pop open at speeds exceeding 45mph and most complaints filed have dealt with 2005-2006 models. In the past, service managers from GM dealerships have previously said there is a quick fix for the problem and they have issued a preliminary report on how to fix the issue, blaming it on doors sensors being affected by debris.

However, there are plenty of consumers who are returning to the dealer time and time again, only to hear that the service manager can't diagnose and/or fix the problem.

If you find that you are dealing with an intermittent sliding door problem, be specific as to when the problem is happening.

How fast are you traveling?
    What are the road conditions?
    What are the weather conditions?
    Do you have problems closing the doors?
    Does the door lock?
    All of this information is very important to the service department when it comes to diagnosing the problem.

Make sure that each time you pick up your vehicle, you receive a repair invoice which clearly outlines your complaints and the repairs.

------------
  • momx8momx8 Member Posts: 1
    I know that there have been numerous posts about the sliding doors - on this site & many others. What I do not understand is why NHTSA only lists 3 issues for the Uplander. That's all that has been reported - 3 TOTAL? Come guys, now that the government owns most of GM stock, shouldn't they hold themselves accountable for this vehicle's electrical / brake / door safety issues?

I've tried (unsuccessfully) to have the door issue resolved numerous times w/ the service dept. Finally I just pulled the fuse & we have to manually operate the very heavy doors. While sometimes the door locks & interior lights intermittantly flicker/ lock / unlock, at least the door does not come open while I'm driving anymore. I'm filing my NHTSA safety complaint today - THEY NEED TO KNOW THAT GM has NOT RESOLVED THIS! (before some child falls prey to a serious injury!)

Toyota has some serious stuff going on. While this may not compare in magnitude, it is still WRONG for GM not to correct their mistakes even if it causes a little problem with their 'image'. Ok, now I'll get off my saop box :)
    I totally agree with you! I have had issues with my door since about 6 months after I purchased my vehicle. I purchased it new off the show room floor. No one can seem to fix it. I did file a lemon law lawsuit against GM, but since I live in Florida it is proving to be very difficult to get moving. So far GM has offered me an extended warranty for a problem they can not fix under the factory warranty. Of course since this model is no longer manufactured, they will not do a recall. I feel really let down by GM.
  • njones60njones60 Member Posts: 10
    I went through the better business bureau to force GM to take mine back under the lemon laws. My door opened automatically while driving down the highway at 70 mph. GM's reply was that if my children were properly seatbelted in, then I have nothing to worry about. I also filed a complaint with the National Transportation and Safety Board. I never received a response.

Short of a lawsuit, I don't know what else to do. Considering they took back that rolling death trap and made me "whole" (barely), I don't know what else to do.

I now own a Toyota :)
    I had to actually sue GM. They will not take the vehicle back and still can not fix it. I was lucky that the door did not come open on the highway, but it did come open 4 times while driving about 30 mph. I did get a settlement, but it did not even come close to be able to trade my vehicle in for a different one.Since the vehicle is no longer made, it is not worth a can of beans. I owe too much on it to get rid of it. :( I will not be purchasing a GM ever again! :(
    Has the lawsuit been litigated/settled? The Better Business Bureau made them take it back and pay off my loan. But I had put about $7000 down on it when I bought it and I lost most of that. Just the overall way I was treated was the most disgusting part. I spent 9 months with that craptastic vehicle in and out of the repair shop, encountered more than one dangerous situation, and endured the incessant pinging hundreds of times. But, according to GM, as long as my kids wore seat belts, then I shouldn't complain. I'll never own another GM either.
  • veryconfusedveryconfused Member Posts: 1
    edited April 2010
    I purchased a 2009 Uplander in July 2009 and starting Aug/Sept I would come out to start it up and there it sat dead. For the first couple of time I thought it was something we had done by leaving something on :confuse: . Well after boosting the van two or there times over a three month period and paying more attention to what was on and not on I came to find it was nothing to do with us. So I had the vehicle towed in for the first time, I was told they couldn't find anything wrong and I took it home.....my first mistake. Well as you've most likely guessed I've been "TOWED" back, not once not twice but six times now :cry: :sick: . I've gotten GMC head office involved but that doesn't seem to be helping :( either. They take it in and then tell me they can't find anything wrong with it. They've only changed the battery in six visits......the van only has 10,000 KM or 6,000 miles :lemon: . I'd like to sell it but how do you sell someone something you know isn't working right. Has anyone heard of or had this happen to them. Desperate for help!
  • swathdiverswathdiver Member Posts: 27
    So you're saying the battery goes dead every couple of weeks? Or is it intermittant?

When I bought my SV6 in 2006 it died on the highway one night. After 1 month in the shop it was discovered that a pin on a wire connector was bent causing the motor to cut out.
    edited April 2010
    My new 2009 Montana van did that as well. re: If I left it sitting for 3+ days, its battery was dead. For the first GM dealer visit, they said it was a bad battery connection. They removed the battery cables (off the battery), wired brushed them down and re-tightened them down. At that time, they said its Charging system was working great and its battery tested OK as well.

After several more "no start" times, I simply dropped my van off at the dealer Monday AM. I told them, "DO NOT touch it until this Friday AM". They left it untouched (in their parking space outside the shop doors) and that Friday AM, it was a NO start (like I told them). Its battery was completely dead. Since its charging system was re-confirmed, they came to the conclusion that its battery was shot (even though its load after full charge testing fine). re: It would accept a charge but after 3+ days sitting, it would self drain itself. Yet, its green light was showing ok. Within my new van, GM dealer installed a brand new Delco battery, and its been working great ever since. Today, I turn its key and it starts great - like its suppose to.

When it comes to stuff like this, its either: 1 - Battery won't hold a charge, 2 - its charging system is NOT working properly, or 3 - something in the background is draining the battery.

If they "fully charge" your van's battery and "pull OFF one of its battery cables" on Monday AM and same battery is dead on Friday AM, you know its factory battery will NOT hold a charge either. If battery is still fully charged, then something inside the vehicle's electrical system is draining the battery. They need to "pull fuses" to determine what item inside the van is draining a connected battery. Who knows, it could even its its BCM - that's supose to go into SLEEP Mode after 15 minutes of no electrical need within the vehicle. If wondering, simple 12V test tools can confirm if its alternator (battery charging) system is working properly as well.... A GM dealer can easily test these 3 conditions. Especially if you leave your van with them for 5 days (like I did - for its battery problem).

If wondering, my local GM dealer DID offer a free rental vehicle while they investigated my new van's electrical problem as well. I decilined - since our '09 Montana van is our secondary / backup vehicle, and my wife did NOT need our van that specific week.

Hope this helps...

• stillcrazystillcrazy Member Posts: 7
    Well it happened again. While driving in the rain on the Interstate when All the lights started to go on and off and then OFF. What a scare to be going 70 and have your lights go off. The headlight switch was in the "Auto" position. I switched to the "Manual on" position which didn't help. Rotating the switch back and forth between positions got the lights back on steady. Chevy dealer installed a new battery and checked the charging system.
    edited April 2010
    I'm a little confused over this repair solution...

To me, it sounds like a very bad 12V connection within its lighting system - creating an OFF/ON condition. Or, perhaps its headlight RELAY module is acting up. Perhaps moisture in the air is influencing the 12V current flow as well? Don't understand why the problem is its battery - especially since its lights came back on, and you were able continue to drive your van.

Do let us know if your new battery fixed the problem...
  • ann5088ann5088 Member Posts: 2
    I am also having problems with my 2005 Uplander. Major door problems since we purchased the vehicle. Sometimes they will open back up after being closed. You can never tell when it will happen. Sometimes they close all the way sometimes they don't. Also have a problem with the gas gauge when we fill it all the way up the gauge goes crazy and says the gas tank is empty and goes up and down and also the check engine light comes on. So many problems I just can't believe it. And after reading all these posts I am discouraged at finding an answer. The last thing that has happened is that out of nowhere there is now a message saying that 4 wheel drive is disabled. I can't find any information on this does anyone have any information on this problem. Please help.
  • lozaw1lozaw1 Member Posts: 1
    I thought it was just mine. I have had my Uplander in the dealership 6 times now and they have replaced just about everything and the doors still will not stay shut and if I can get them to close the alarm will not shut off. I have had to pull the fuses out to turn off the alarm and shut off the electric to the doors. I'm about ready to park it for good.
  • gmcustsvcgmcustsvc Member Posts: 4,252
    Hello Lozaw1,
    I am from GM Customer Service. I apologize that you have been experiencing issues with your vehicle. Can you please email me more information about your situation so I can look into it further? You can access my email by clicking on my name. Thank you,
    Mariah GM Customer Service
  • trenfroetrenfroe Member Posts: 1
    well i bought my Uplander Feb.04,2009, I have my headlights/interior lights flicker, my automatic slidding doors alarm go off and have had to pull over on the side of the road and shutt it off and restart the van, ABS light is always on, my steering wheel when i back out of driveway and when i put in tnto gear to go forward and i turn the steering wheel its hard to turn it but if i turn it to go the other way its easy, yesturday came a new problem i was in park and went to step on the brake to put it in drive it made a clicking noise in my steering wheel colum, my back hatch will not open,when my van is on and is in park or at a light it idels up and down like it wants to die(to me anyways) i have put brand new brakes on it with lifetime warrenty and when i go to turn my wheel and press on brake it feels horrid and ABS light comes on again, i go over bumps in the road and my front end rattles it sounds like the darn thing is gonna bust,starting it 80% of the time i have to push on the gas peddle,or it will stall on me!! And who knows what more i have wrong with it..I think its time i get rid of the thing!!
    Hello Trenfoe,
    I am from GM Customer Service. I apologize that you are experiencing issues with your vehicle. Can you please email me more information about your situation so I can look into it further? You can access my email by clicking on it. Thank you,
    gmcustsvc - I hope you're a better representation of GM than I dealt with. When I called GM's customer service to tell them that after 8 or 9 attempts to repair the door opening by itself, it opened at 70 miles per hour on the interstate. Opened completely! I had to maneuver several lanes of traffic with terrified, screaming children and road debris hitting them in the face to get stopped. The GM rep told me that as long as I have my kids in car seats, it shouldn't have been a big deal. After all, it's not like they are going to fall out. :mad:

I could have chalked up the problems with the Uplander to the design just being crap, but with that kind of customer service, I'll NEVER buy another GM.
    I actually had to sue GM over my Uplander. I really did not get a whole lot, I was hoping to get enough that I could trade the vehicle in and get something different, but after I paid attorney fees and everything else, it was really just a waste of time. I am suppose to still be covered under factory warranty since I have had the vehicle for less than 36 months and have less then 36k miles, but they are telling me that the warranty is void..... If I had know that this vehicle was going to be such a pain I would have never purchased it. The worst thing is that since I owe a LOT more than it is worth I can't even get rid of it. I just have to pray that the door will not open any more, I did turn off the electrical components and took the fuse out for the door so the door has to be operated manually now. :(
    Hello Njones60,
    I apologize for the experience that you had. Can you please email me with more details so I can look into the situation further? You can access my email by clicking on my name. Thank you,
  • chevyhaterchevyhater Member Posts: 2
    I just wanted to let you folks know that I have a 2005 Uplander with 36k miles and it is going in for the 4th day straight regarding the sliding door problems. It has opened while we were driving. Sometimes it opens part way and sometimes all the way. It does the same when closing (part way, all the way or not at all). And when it is closed the chime rings all the time. The dealership seems very reluctant to call corporate service and I don't know why, maybe it will cost them money???
    After about 9 months we finally settled out of court as advised by my attorney. If we would not have settled, it may have gone on for years. I did contact the BBB,but since we purchased the vehicle and live in Florida there is a much lengthier process than if we lived in a different state. I still have the vehicle since I owe too much to trade it in. We have taken it back to the dealer 3 times since we settled to try to get it fixed, basically I am stuck with the biggest piece of crap on the road. I also have been screwed out of the rest of my factory warranty. According to our paperwork from the dealer we should be covered until November 2010 or until 36k miles, but GM is saying that the warranty is over at only 20k miles and after we only owned the vehicle for just under 2 years. We are the first owners and purchased it new from the dealer off the showroom floor. I will never purchase a GM product again! :mad:
    Hello Chevyhater,
    Can you please email me more information as to what is going on with your situation so I can look into it further for you? You can find my email by clicking on my name. Thank you,
  • ihatemycar5ihatemycar5 Member Posts: 2
    I also have a problem with the door. I had it fixed less than 2 months ago, and it has started all over again. It starts with the driver's passenger read side not closing. I figured out that I could switch it to manual to close the door and stop the chime. The passenger rear door side just stopped working. So I switched it to the manual position. Then the chime won't stop while driving. Then the chime doesn't stop even though the car is turned off. I've paid once to have the entire sensor unit replaced, and I should have to pay a second time. I have read this on numerous sites so this is obviously a problem that needs to be fixed and NOT by the consumer.
  • chevyhaterchevyhater Member Posts: 2
    I feel your pain. I've paid $89.95 to have the door cpu reprogrammed; and most recently, I've paid $303.91 to replace the sliding door rear latch assembly. But guess what, my door has worked correctly for 3 days! This is definitely a GM problem but I don't see any chance of recovering my costs. My only way out is to sell this car and never buy another Chevy.
    Hello ihatemycar5,
    I apologize that the fix didn't take care of the problem. Did you ever contact the dealership and tell them that the problem still exists? The first time you had the vehicle fixed, how long did it take before the problem occurred again? Can you please email me more information so I can look into this problem further? You can get my email by clicking on my name. Thank you,
  • kalynkalyn Member Posts: 1
    My Uplander has been at the dealership since March 16. We have gotten it back for 1 or 2 days at a time only to have the same problems recur. They have had it for electrical problems including doors opening and closing on their own and chimes continually going off. Being it was still under warranty the dealership has replaced all parts and it still doesn't work. Last week I had to pull our grand daughter out of the way as the door once again closed by itself. When will GM take responsibility for this danger to children? They have continually told us they will fix the problem only to have the same or different problems occur when they "fix" it. This van is a danger to people and their children. We have went in stores and came out to find the doors open, once in the pouring rain. I want to know what happens when I go shopping with my grand children, come out and the doors are open...what happens to us is someone has gotten into the van? This makes me very angry as I read other posts on here and find out GOVERNMENT MOTORS isn't taking care of it's customers and owning their problems!!!
  • emilyl53emilyl53 Member Posts: 1
    I have a 2005 Buick Terraza. From day one, the A/C has never worked right. GM just kept saying it is to spec. Wrong!!! Now they don't even make this van anymore. THey only made it 2005-2007. I also have had numerous electrical problems and engine issues. I have had it in the shop 15 times over 4 years. For the last year, there is a ghost in the machine. My door locks click on and off constantly , along with the interior lights flickering, the alarm goes off alot, the key faub didn't work, the radio controls on the steering didn't work, the horn, my rotors constantly bad, the fuel pump went bad, the steering pump etc etc.... For the 2nd time in 6 months, i took it in to 2 differnet dealerships here in the Ft. Worth area and at the first dealership , the car didn't do it's thing with the locks and lights, so they only replaced the key faub, the radio and a few other things. I had it in this week to another dealership and I had all these clicking noises, lights flickering verified 6 weeks ago and they wouldn't take my car in at that time, I finally raised a ruckus a week ago and this week, they supposedly fixed the problem, which, they replaced the actual interior door locks, the key faub again, the radio again, the horn again. I no sooner yesterday took it home and in 20 minutes, the clicking and flickering lights resumed. I am soooo!! mad, Today we are taking it back to the dealership. However, I know they won't give us back out $200 ded. I know it is the BODY CONTROL MODULE and they refuse to check it. AL electrial goes through this module. All you who had sliding doors open and shut is awful. I bet all these are related to the BCM. I have already had my Power Control Module sort of recalibrated. Thats the engine stuff. My A/C still doesn't cool and I am in the process of moving to MS. We can't afford to trade in because we still owe to much. I wish all GM minivan owners could get a class action suit against them. I am going to have 9 hours to Louisiana and the constant clicking and flicking is going to drive us crazy. HELP! Anyone know an attorney in any state who will get us all together. I know individual suits don't wok, but maybe a class action one will, at least get there attention and give us all the sevice we deserve!!!
    Hello Emilyl53,
    I am from GM Customer Service. I apologize that you have had issues with your vehicle. Can you please email me more information about your situation so I can look into the situation further? You can get my email by clicking on my name. Thank you,
  • ihatemycar5ihatemycar5 Member Posts: 2
    The passenger's door on the driver's side starts to not close because it thinks something is in the way. I then can not close it so I have to turn it off and close it manually. Then the same thing starts to happen to the side door behind the front passenger's side. The next step is even though both doors are closed and set to manual closing, the chime will start to ring....and not stop while driving. This is EXTREMELY distracting and I feel it is dangerous. There are times when the chime doesn't stop even when the car is turned off.

This has happened twice in this sequence. The second time happened after a part was replaced something about a pin was missing. The entire part had to be placed. The second occurence happened about 1 month after being fixed. We took it in and they said that something had to be reset. However, we noticed that the doors had not been set back to automatic. When we clicked the buttons to auto, we had problems with the chiming beginning again. We took it in to have it fixed a 2nd time. They said that it needed "adjusting". The dinging stopped for about 1 week.

We were picking up my son from college 2 hours away from home when the dinging started out of the blue. It would not stop dinging even with the car off. At one point, a passenger behind the driver had shut his door completely when it suddenly opened on it's own. After about 30 minutes we were finally able to get the dinging to stop, Lord only knows how, but we got it to stop.

Today, less than a week after the last incident the chiming started immediately when we turned the car on. We took it in to have it looked at. The only way they could get the dinging to stop was by slamming one of the doors really hard while in the manual setting. Basically this is no more than what we did and is obviously a temporary solution.

This has now become an even more dangerous situation knowing that the car door could open on its own. I will be calling a dealership as soon as possible. I didn't take it to the dealer originally because it was not under warranty. My car has
    45,000 miles on it and this is not acceptable.

I am hoping that the dealer's repair shop will have a permanent solution to this. If not, I will be going to a dealer who I will expect to make me a fair trade. A fair trade meaning they will take the car back and pay off the loan no matter what the balance is. From what I have read, this is a common problem. It sounds to me as if it should have been recalled. What has to happen in order for it to be recalled.....something or someone flying out the door while the car is in motion? I hope Chevrolet will think twice before sweeping this under the carpet. Hopefully other car manufacturers will not make the same mistake that Toyota made by ignoring a dangerous situation.

Other than this problem, I have had only minimal problems with the car. The other thing that is annoying is the remote clicker. When I replaced the battery on one, it was basically impossible to open the remote. When I finally got it openand put in the new battery, it wouldn't work. And yes I did try the battery both ways. I replaced the battery in the other remote and it worked for a while, but it doesn't always lock or unlock and I have to use the key.

So 2 important features to me.....a keyless entry and the electronic sliding doors don't work. The sliding doors were one of the reasons I bought this car. I have 2 more years to pay on this car and quite frankly I don't know if I can put up with the door problem. It's annoying, it's distracting and it is dangerous.

Lorie Steller
    Hello Lorie,
    I apologize that you are experiencing an issue with your vehicle. Can you please email me more information so I can look into your situation further? You can get my email by clicking on my name. Thank you,
  • genmtrfangenmtrfan Member Posts: 78
    Lorie,

There is a piece of black rubber trim that runs the length of the sliding door opening, just under the place where you step into the van (bottom of the door opening). If this piece slips down then it will prevent the door from closing. If this is your problem, all you have to do is push up on the black rubber piece unitl it is back in place all the way accross. Kids tend to step on this piece and slide it down.
  • trishktrishk Member Posts: 2
    I've had my 2005 Uplander since 2007 and the lights flicker like some others have described. I notice it more so when you drive over a bump. And the power doors SUCK!!!!!!!!!!! I have been to 2 different dealerships and they look at me like I'm nuts when I tell them what the door does. And I've had to run errands in a 4 hour time span and have had to listen to the dinging alarm the whole time, it's enough to drive some crazy!! You spend a lot of money on a vehicle and expect it to function the way it was supposed to and you have to deal with this. We had a 2002 Venture and did not have ! problem with that van (it was totaled in an accident). If Chevrolet is aware of this why are they not correcting it???? Take responsibility for your product and make it right! If anyone knows of a class action suit I want to be a part of it! We have always prided ourselves on buying American made especially Chevrolet but after this I'm not so sure we'll buy a GM vehicle anymore.
  • trishktrishk Member Posts: 2
    njones60, I would have come thru that phone and strangled someone if they said that to me! What kind of response is that to give a person?? That is a totally unacceptable answer for this problem! Chevrolet should fix this problem! I don't have any money to get my van fixed. Are they waiting for a death to call a recall the problem???
    Hello Trishk,
    I apologize that you are experiencing an issue with your vehicle. Can you please email me your VIN, current concerns and current mileage? You can get my email by clicking on gmcustsvc. Thank you,
  • montana999montana999 Member Posts: 5
    My wife drives this van and the dash lights sometimes delay coming on.
    Last Friday 16-July the warning light for ABS and Stabilitrak and Traction
    all came on one after another and repeated over and over.
    Any suggestions ?
    Hello Montana999,
    I apologize that you are experiencing a concern with your vehicle. If you are getting the warning light repeatedly then I would get it to the dealership as soon as possible. Please keep me informed on how everything goes. Thank you,
  • hevyhevy Member Posts: 1
    I have the same problem with my 2007 Uplander. We bought it used with 21k on it in March of 2008. I also purchased an extended warranty. It now has 48K and has began having constant problems with the power sliding doors. The door won't close. I took it to the shop (not a GM shop by a Chrysler one that also has the GM dealer next door that recently closed). I was told that they reprogrammed the module (which one) and alligned the door. I paid $127.00 It did it a gain a few days later and I took it back they adjusted the latch but did not charge me. Then it did it again and they said it was the contact plate. They replace it and charged me $164.00. Now it is doing it AGAIN. It is undrivable due to the constant BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEE!!!!!! It's enough to make me want to drive it off a cliff. And guess what. The extended warranty hasn't covered JACK on it. They keep saying that basically it only covers the power train but I am almost certain it was bumper to bumper. Last Chevrolet I will buy and last extended warranty too!!!!!
    Hello Hevy,
    I apologize that you are experiencing a concern with your vehicle. Which extended warranty did you purchase? Was is a GMPP or was a warranty from the dealership? I can have one of our agents look at your situation further. In order to do that I will need you to email me you’re VIN, current mileage, dealership, contact information, and how long this concern has been present in your vehicle. You can get my email by clicking on gmcustsvc. Thank you,
  • boilerguy1boilerguy1 Member Posts: 5
    We bought our 2006 Chevy Uplander new. We have been a dedicated Chevy customer for years. We may never buy a Chevy again.

We have been experiencing the door problem for months: Won't stay shut, opens while driving, DINGS-DINGS-DINGS-DINGS, etc. All the same stuff you read in this forum.

We bought an extended warranty, but that is doing no good, because the dealer can't fix the problem. We've had the car in several times without success. The car has currently been at the dealership for 14 day. We talked to the Service Mgr today and "He say's they are still trying." The car has been at the dealer for 4 of the last 6 weeks.

We have about 6 months left on the warranty and I'm starting to get the feeling that they are just trying to stall until the warranty runs out. We have saved the receipts, but they are not very detailed. Today my wife asked the Service Mgr if he has been keeping track of everything he has done to try to fix it and he replied, "No, I'm not a bookkeeper."

I'm trying to decide if I should pull the car from this dealer and start over with another dealer.

I'd like to know what will happen if GM can never fix the problem (even thought it's under warranty). Will they replace the van?

Also, I notice that Mariah from GM Customer Service has replied to many of the former posts on this forum. She apologizes and then asks for your contact and VIN information. Has anyone had any success with Mariah? Please let me know. Thanks,

Sincerely
    Soon-to-be-Ex-Dedicated-GM-Customer :sick:
    My 2006 SV6 Montana had annoying problems with the driver's side sliding door for years too. I lost count how many times it'd been back to the dealer, always gone for at least a week, sometimes 2 and once for a month.

Love the van, great on trips and comfortable with all the bells and whistles.

Having warranty problems- dealer intentionally ignoring problems so they won't have to fix before warranty runs out.

As for the door, somewhere I have the paperwork of the parts they replaced the last time. I will try to find it for you. Mine never opened while driving, just wouldn't close or would close and ding.

Anyone have trouble with the manual seatback release for the front and middle row seats? My driver's seat and middle row passenger side seem stripped and don't work. Makes me miss my old '99 Montana sometimes!
  • woody1015woody1015 Member Posts: 1
    I have a 2005 Uplander - the same issues with the sliding door. It is a constant problem. Been to the dealership too many times to count.

I fear that when the dinging is going, that I'll crash the van - it is so distracting!

I feel really bad because I recommended this van a year and a half ago to a friend - who did buy one - and now he is starting to have the same problems with his door.

I work for an EMS helicopter service. I have talked with our aviation mechanics, and interestingly enough - when a manufacturer-mechanical issue is discovered on an aircraft - do you know what the manufacturer does??? They send out a bulletin to all who own that aircraft and advise them of the issue, and if there is a repair for it - it describes what to do.
    Imagine a world where a car manufacturer was openly honest with defects and repair notices - not just the big ones that they know will kill someone - but everything - so that you know you can own a vehicle that can be dependable and last a long time - doing everything they said it would do.

I have never bought a foreign car... just couldn't bring myself to do it. Maybe it's time to take my chances with a car that may or may not have brakes... at least the doors will be closed.
    Ok, looking at my receipt for the repairs it says they replaced the Door Latch, PN# 15222933. It's also desribed as a Handle 16.345.

Before this service, they had adjusted the whole door and it was out of place to the naked eye. Worse, the mechanic stripped the star bolt on the rear striker! Well I was finally able to slightly loosen it and when the door wouldn't close I would bang on the striker a few times and it would close and shut up.
    Hello Boilerguy1,
    Has your dealership been in contact with our technical department to get the vehicle fixed? How long has the concern been present? Can you please email me your VIN and current mileage? You can get my email by clicking on gmcustsvc. Thank you,