Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Chevrolet Uplander Electrical Problems

1235»

Comments

• jcheshirejcheshire Member Posts: 1
    I too have a 2007 Uplander. The doors on this are terrible. I have had it back to the deal every 3 months to fix them not closing. Also the passenger side door is now broke completely....the motor has exploded into a thousand pieces and will cost 600 to replace. The glove box has fallen off and so have both pieces by the handle of the doors.
  • damion0072damion0072 Member Posts: 1
    edited November 2013
    I have a 2007 Chevy Uplander LS that shuts off by itself while driving, sometimes the Anti Theft Light Flashes (sometimes it doesn't) and then the car just dies. It does recrank, but it's very dangereous for a car to just die on the freeway. Has anyone else had this issue, or know how to correct it?
  • dar01dar01 Member Posts: 2

I bought a used 2006 Chevy Uplander from a dealership. I test drove it for a short distance during the daylight. I bought and 2 days later I drove it at night. I travel a Mountain road daily and when I was on the mountain I notice the lights flickering and the heater fan seem to low then high as if there was a power surge. My nightmare happen and the lights went out completely. Luckily I didn't get in a accident and hurt anyone or myself. I pulled over to the nearest stop praying no one would come up behind and hit me. I sat there trying to figure out what to do and the lights came back on. I quickly got to my destination and the next day drove to the dealership to let them know what was happening, They had me bring it in and drop it off since they had to replace the brake light anyways and was waiting on the part.I dropped it off Thurs night and got it back Wed and was told they fix it. When I picked it up I asked what was wrong so I would know the history of the car repairs. I was told he thought the mechanic said it was a ground wire and fixed it. The next day I was traveling at night and the same thing happened...lights flickered and lights went out. I haven't even made my first payment and after reading the comments I'm afraid I'm going to have almost 4 yrs of payments on a nightmare vehicle. Does anyone know if they ever resolved the issue for this yr? What was the solution if they did...please......................

• gmcustsvcgmcustsvc Member Posts: 4,252

Hello dar01,

We're sorry to hear of the trouble you've experienced with your new Uplander. If you would like for us to reach out to your dealership regarding this matter, please private message us your full contact information, VIN, current mileage, and dealership name/location.

Thank you,

Amber N.
    GM Customer Care

• dar01dar01 Member Posts: 2

Yes, I would greatly appreciate it. I am so afraid to drive the vehicle. I feel maybe coming from you they will listen and really get this taken care of.

• gmcustsvcgmcustsvc Member Posts: 4,252

@dar01 said:
    Yes, I would greatly appreciate it. I am so afraid to drive the vehicle. I feel maybe coming from you they will listen and really get this taken care of.

Your safety is very important to us and we want you to feel that you have a reliable vehicle for the road. When you get a chance, please feel free to send me the requested information so I can look into this for you. If you'd like, you can also email me at socialmedia@gm.com [attn Amber].

I look forward to hearing from you,

Amber N.
    GM Customer Care

• ali786ali786 Member Posts: 1

I have chevy uplander o5, and I have a big safety problem. During driving my Van is stopped, steering hard, brake off. Very dangerous condition on road side, then I went to GM Dealer, I paid diagnosed charges and they diagnosed Crankshaft sensor but they do not 100% sure. After that I replaced Crankshaft sensor, check all spark plugs, changed transmission oil. But my van has same issue, pl somebody to help me out.

Thanks

• eeleyebrowneeleyebrown Member Posts: 1

I have a 2008 Chevy Uplander. I had an issue with the charging system failure light coming on as well as the battery saver signal on the dashboard. My mechanic seems to have taken care of it though I don't think he was aware of it. However, one problem that seems to keep dogging me is a starting/ignition issue.

When I first got the car, within the first couple weeks one night it wouldn't start. A co-worker suggested I try it in neutral and it worked. After that, I had that happen only a handful of times within the year and a half. But recently, the last few times I tried to start it, it took four or five tries in either park or neutral to get it to start. I had a full tune up in April and I had the starter and alternator checked before that and a new battery installed in March. My mechanic tells me everything looks good. Yet, this problem continues. When I finally do get it started, it starts to crank really slow as if its being awakened then it will pick up a bit of energy as I hold the key in position and then it kicks in. Should I be giving it a bit of gas maybe to help it along? I always assumed that with newer cars you don't need to do that.

I also notice that the battery voltage kind of wanders. Last night when I tried to start it, the voltage was 12.1. After I got it started, let it run for 12 minutes and drove 25 miles to get home, the voltage was 14.2. Im wondering if that has any bearing on my starter issues. Any help would be appreciated. Im trying not to get hosed by the dealership as I've noticed that many Uplander owners are experiencing car problems as well as incompetence and dishonesty from their local Chevy dealerships.

• karreguinkarreguin Member Posts: 1
    I have an 05. Its tail light keeps going out. I used to just replace the fuse and it was fine. Today I replaced it 5 times an each fuse burst as soon as it was plugged in. Whats wrong with it? How do I fix it?
  • jim6548jim6548 Member Posts: 1
    I have an 07 Uplander, the power sliding doors have always been a problem. The dealer fixed one time when I had to cut the cable to close the door so I could drive it home from out of town. The next time I had to pay when the doors would not close properly. the door are still a problem just have learn to deal with them.
    Now I have bigger problems when you drive it, it wants to stall the door locks start clicking all the lights on the dash come on. The problem is they will not stay on. took it to the dealer they said they could not do anything without the light on. they test drove it they did not have the problems I have had as it comes and goes so they said they could not find anything wrong. I have a 2011 Silverado I guess that will be the last Chevy for me. I will try and trade this piece of junk at my dealer for a non-chevy used car. Let the chevy dealer deal with it. If your looking for a used van stay away from uplander, all you have to do is Google uplander problems and the will answer all your questions on what not to buy uplander.
  • kylem2007kylem2007 Member Posts: 1
    Here's one for you,
    05 3.5 Uplander. 
    112,000 miles the engine blows. No biggie
  • msshug10msshug10 Member Posts: 1
    I have a 06 uplander when i I'm driving it will shut off i had the fuel pump changed and the throttle and still doing the same thing. Need help