Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Kia Sedona Accessories & Modifications

mluhringmluhring Member Posts: 5
edited May 2014 in Kia
I am thinking of getting a spoiler put on my '06 Sedona. Does anyone have one on their Sedona? I would love to see a picture of an '06 Sedona before taking the plunge. If you have one and are able to post a link to a picture, I would really appreciate it.

Comments

• afob3afob3 Member Posts: 17
    I think (I don't have the kia accessory pamphlet nearby) that the Sedona rear spoiler is the same part that is standard on the Hyundai Entourage. I checked out hyundai's site and found this pic of the rear of an Entourage. It should give you a good idea of what it would look like. The biggest difference is the HUGE brake light.

• mike211mike211 Member Posts: 2
    Has anyone checked with the dealership to see if it is possible to purchase the necessary parts to add power doors? We just purchased a 06 EX but the dealer we purchased from did not have one with the power package without leather (which we didn't want) I know that all the knockouts for the switches are there and I assume that all the wiring is there as well. Just wondering if this is possible.

Thanks.
  • mluhringmluhring Member Posts: 5
    I have the accessory pamphlet for sedona and the spoiler is different than the entourage. I don't think the sedona spoiler has a brake light in it. Unfortunately the picture in the pamphlet does not show the entire van.
  • fishbreathfishbreath Member Posts: 58
    Has anybody done this? I don't need the 3rd. roll of seats and with a plywood cover for the seat well I would have some hidden storage and still have all the cargo space above it and where the seats would normally be.
    Hello anybody home? I put on a shield from A kia dealer and I'm not very happy with it. Hard to get the middle screw lined up with the plastic insert and the one side is lower then the other. Any body else put one on?
  • redptcredptc Member Posts: 78
    I had one on mine when i bought it.Took it off ,the van looks better with out it.... :)
  • brian1brian1 Member Posts: 29
    Does anyone have any suggestions on a good dual screen DVD player that attaches to the front seat backs? I would like one that uses an actual bracket type system instead of cloth straps. Any help would be appreciated. thanks
  • typer_801typer_801 Member Posts: 29
    I think it's a bad assumption to think the wiring is already there. I was looking at the Kia Sedona parts diagrams (www.Kiausaparts.com) and there are different part numbers for the harnesses of the Power Door and Non-Power door equiped vans, the part numbers also vary by build date. The harnesses are also VERY expensive IMO. For example, I looked at adding the memory function to the driver's front seat using the Integrated Memory System. Besides needing a new power seat switch, door panel, IMS box, you also need a different harness which costs $293! I wouldn't give up hope on adding Power Doors to your base EX, as I'm researching this too, but my initial conerns are mostly on the integration of the wiring and not getting Hundred Dollared to death buying the small stuff necessary to make this work from the dealer.
  • volfyvolfy Member Posts: 274
    I just bought the Kia rear spoiler (or deflector) for my '06 Sedona EX. It is much larger than the version that is on the Hyundai Entourage. It does not have a built-in brake light, which simplifies installation. The lower part of it contours around the brake light and washer nozzle on the tail gate. Wife thinks it will end up looking sharper than the Hyundai Entourage deck spoiler. She thinks it make it look more like an SUV.

$150 +$12 shipping from an Ebay seller (probably a Kia dealer). Comes primed and ready to paint. I've got the equipment to do auto spray paint, so it's no big deal for me. Otherwise, it may be better to get the whole thing done - part, paint, install - at the dealership.
  • 11b33t11b33t Member Posts: 51
    In what color does the spoiler come from the factory when ordered after-market?
  • joancjoanc Member Posts: 26
    Hi all...
    ..I own an '03 Kia Sedona that I've put several chrome accessories on. However, I haven't been able to find chrome mirror covers ANYWHERE, including the internet. (It's been easy for me to find them for the Sorento, but not the Sedona). Does anyone have any suggestions? Many thanks in advance...Joan
  • lavrishevolavrishevo Member Posts: 312
    Just installed the K&N air filter on my 06 Sedona and it is well worth it. First thing you notice is the K&N is 1/3 as thick as the stock air filter and right off the bat you can feel the difference in air flow. Well worth the $40.00 for a lifetime air filter that just needs to be cleaned and re-oiled.

Daniel
  • popup_towerpopup_tower Member Posts: 1
    But did it work? I'm interested in how well it serves it's purpose? And does it increases the millage? :shades:
  • vannervanner Member Posts: 47
    Anyone have any success or even strong opinion about how to remove the crossbars on a 2005 Sedona roof rack? I seldom use the rack, and if I do, I know in advance. I'd like to take them off entirely and even on long trips just stash them inside in case I need them. I have to believe they're worth about 2 mpg at US highway speeds.

Recent trip with a couple of long highway legs -500 miles each, this Sedona with 27K miles got about 20 mpg highway with four occupants and probably 300 pounds of "freight". Speeds usually at or just over 70 mph and fairly distributed terrain. Not that bad for what came to about 6000 pounds all together.

Also, this van has been through the "rotor wars" and the last dealer warranty service the rotors were replaced with what they claimed to be the "new" type not as prone to warping. Pads were changed, too. No expense to us. No problems at all with shudder or apparent warping and under these conditions, with a couple of "immediate action required" braking incidents. I'd have expected trouble as before. None.
    Don`t know if it saved gas or not.But i thought it looked better without it.Also i don`t think it stop bugs,they still got on the windshield. :shades:
  • rv365rv365 Member Posts: 1
    Does anyone know if an auto dimming mirror with temp and direction indicators can be installed in a 2007 Sedona? We didn't think of looking for that option when we bought the van but sure do miss it. I spoke to our dealer and he said Kia doesn't offer one but I don't know if that means one can't be installed (either by them or another mechanic).
    The auto dimming mirror and garage door opener is on the EX models.The compass and temp is on the upper consol on the EX model.Maybe you can retrofit one to your van. :confuse:
  • soderholmdsoderholmd Member Posts: 47
    I just bought a black loaded 07' EX. Awesome van - Has anyone ever put on the 3m clear film paint protection kit? Just trying to get feedback on them. ;)
    I put the 3M clear film on my bumper. It wasn't a kit but came on a 4" wide X 12' roll. Went on easy and only can see the edges. I would use it again.
  • MichimanMichiman Member Posts: 8
    I'm looking for a good place to buy genuine KIA accessories for my 08 Sedona. Anyone have any recommendations?
  • rojtattonrojtatton Member Posts: 3
    yup i have the legendary cargo cover!
    i will blow my own trumpet, it was a right pain to get hold of.

http://www.kia-forums.com/kia-carnival-sedona-2006/50655-load-cover-06-sedona.ht- ml

linky for pic and part numbers.
This discussion has been closed.