Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Dodge Charger Transmission Problems

2»

Comments

• Options
    charge_itcharge_it Member Posts: 5
    Ok, I have been on here for a while now trying to figure out the "shimmy" with the tranny...well I just noticed that now I have some kind of fluid leak coming from the rear end. Will be taking it to the dealership within the week. Anyone else notice this? I mean it is not enough to drip on the ground yet, but it is definitely all over the rear end!
  • Options
    drkjstr69drkjstr69 Member Posts: 1
    Ok, from what I was told on another forum, there was a recall on our trannies for an O-ring defect. I am getting ready to take mine in just to avoid potential issue now that Chrysler is going belly-up, plus means a free tranny flush... lol :P . This may explain your leak as well.
  • Options
    2007_tundra2007_tundra Member Posts: 10
    what year charger has the O ring issue?
  • Options
    junkyardogjunkyardog Member Posts: 44
    The earlier 300 and Magnums had O ring issues, but I think that was all fixed before the Charger came out. I don't think there is a recall on this because recalls are on safety issues and a small fluid leak is not a safety issue.

There isn't even a TSB on the O ring for the Charger but there are a couple TSB's on transmission shudder that (Charge it) should have the dealer look up for him.
  • Options
    charge_itcharge_it Member Posts: 5
    What is a TSB?
  • Options
    junkyardogjunkyardog Member Posts: 44
    Technical Service Bulletins---Which are sent to the dealers so the mechanics know what to look for with certain problems with the vehicles. When a customer has a complaint and the mechanics can't fix it, they are suppose to check and see if there is a TSB for that problem or at least the service manager should. There are too many of them that don't care or can't read and this is hurting the manufacturers more then anything. Too many bad dealerships and sloppy repairs.

http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/tsbs/----Try this web site and maybe you can find something that will help you. ;)
  • Options
    andrewp1andrewp1 Member Posts: 1
    Larry, if you still check these forums I'd like to know what your resolution was. I also have an '06 3.5L Charger now with 47k miles. The same problem (wouldn't advance beyond 2nd gear and no autostick capability) just happened to me about an hour ago. I've since dropped it off at the shop but am fearing a blown transmission.
  • Options
    2008charger2008charger Member Posts: 1
    Did you finally fix your shudder on your charger and what was the issued?
    I have a 2008 and it kicks from 1 to 2.
  • Options
    cbn38425cbn38425 Member Posts: 1
    Did your ever find the problem that causes the shimmy. Ours does it right arounf 4th gear. I think it has something to do with the torque converter
  • Options
    sheilae12sheilae12 Member Posts: 1
    Has any one had a problem with the charger momentarliy lossing power. Mine has started doing this in the last couple months. Has almost 47,000 miles on it. It seems to happen when exceleraing from a stopped position and the esp light comes on at the same time but does not stay on. It goes off once the vehicle picks up power again.

Have taken it in to the dealership twice now and because it does not throw a "code" they tell me there is nothing they can do. They were able to recreated the problem once. It is quite dangerous as I pulled out the other night and lost power and the oncomming car ended up beside me when he got stopped.