Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Dodge Charger Tires/Wheels

batistabatista Member Posts: 159
The 18" Continental Tires are lousy.
Even when new the tires look like they are bald.
There just isn't much choice in tires with 225/60R18 size.
What have the rest of you done?

Comments

• lflowerslflowers Member Posts: 155
    I put Goodrich GForce KDW2 tires in 255/45ZR-18 size on my '06 Charger R/T. They fit fine on the 7.5 x 18 wheels and the wet and dry weather traction is fantastic! Probably not very good on ice or snow, but I live in the Dallas area, so I'm not too concerned with winter driving.

Lynn Flowers
    McKinney, Texas
  • discgolfer99discgolfer99 Member Posts: 42
    I've got the Goodyear Assurance. I am happy with them, although I'm not real "up" on tire performance, living in So. Cal. and all...
  • SleEpySno0pySleEpySno0py Member Posts: 1
    Hi im new, i think some 22" look good for a 2006 charger. I had a homeboy that had some 19" bit it looked kind of funny the car was so wow and the little wheels. ;)
  • taracingtaracing Member Posts: 1
    We are looking for rims for our 4 cyl. 1987 dodge charger

7” wide

13” tires

5 lug

4 inches on center

Been looking all racing season and really need them! Thanks!
  • two4two4 Member Posts: 3
    I had my 1st flat on my 2006 Charger R/T today. When I went to change the tire, I found out that the factory lug wrench doesn't fit my factory lugs. I contacted Dodge and they said I should contact the dealer for assisstance in getting the right lug wrench. Well that's sure gonna help me with the flat I have now. Just glad it was near home and not on some backroad somewhere.
    Check your lug wrenches.....Just heard from Dodge about my Lug Wrench that doesn't fit my lugs. "Bill" at Dodge would have to decline my need for a lug wrench at this time. Dodge is unable to help me.. Well I am now UNABLE to ever buy a Dodge again. They couldn't supply me with a fan motor when my car overheated, but they were able to charge me $600 for a new rim. Now I can't get a Lug Wrench from them. Amazing... I've had a '74 Charger, a '76 Charger and this '06 will be my last Dodge.
  • chrgrgirlchrgrgirl Member Posts: 1
    Just an FYI, the lug wrench is not the wrong size, the problem is Dodge creates a 2 piece Lug Nut which as soon as you put the lug wrench on the top piece tends to blow out, either expanding(so it won't fit in the lug wrench) or completly stripping so the top piece seems too small and it will just spin, your best bet is to buy an after-market lug wrench that has the 4 different size openings to get the lugs off and replace them with an aftermarket lug(check CAP if there is one near you, they carry a size that will fit the 18in rims, if that's what you have on it and isn't a 2 part lug) This is a common problem with ALL Dodge vehicles, other than that problem I have had no other problems with my 2006 SXT Charger.