Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Honda Accord Coupe Audio Systems

90accordcoupe90accordcoupe Member Posts: 1
I have a 1990 honda accord and it came with a stock CD Player. and when ever i enter the Cd it loads fine and when it reads all it reads is (PEO)...!!! AHH. i need to fix this what is this problem . i kno that this cant be F*cked up becuase i can listen to the Radio so it must work... I need what is it that i can due to get my Cd player to Play Cds; PLease Help....... :cry::cry: :confuse:

Comments

• mke600mke600 Member Posts: 1
    I own a 1989 Honda Acoord SE-I great little commuter car but I broken the antenna does any body know how to replace the power antenna I took out the two screws but it seema to be held up by something???????? I purchased a new power antenna but the only people willing to put it in is the dealership and they want to charge almost triple in labor then the cost of the antenna itself any info would be a great help thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • bigjuan699bigjuan699 Member Posts: 1
    I need radio codes for my 2000 honda accord coupe
  • blaneblane Member Posts: 2,017
    Have you tried your nearest Honda dealer? Or the Honda Accord Audio Questions forum here http://tinyurl.com/3ddd8o ?
  • mpomerlompomerlo Member Posts: 1
    I have a 2004 accord coupe and I would like to know if I can change the Control for Audio and Cruise on the Steering wheel for the one on the Accord 2005 or 2006, they are illuminated control, I saw on the Part list that the wire is the same, as well the control, I would like to know from a Accord coupe 2005 and 2006 what color are the control when they are backlit, mine is Amber/orange. Thanks
  • thegraduatethegraduate Member Posts: 9,731
    I wouldn't go to all the trouble just for that. The buttons have unique ridges on them to differentiate the buttons from each other.

So you'll know though, the buttons light up a very dim white, sort of like the backlit buttons in the climate control system, but MUCH dimmer.

Do you have trouble remembering which buttons do which?

Cruise control is on the right in most cars sold today in this class, with audio on the left.
  • drktaylordrktaylor Member Posts: 1
    I not only had audio problems with my 2004 Honda Accord Coupe but they damaged the dash and Honda did not make that dash even though the car was still under warranty at the time. I have a mismatched dash.
  • dazz87dazz87 Member Posts: 19
    Just picked up my V6 08 Coupe. I am now getting static from the speakers.... This is from a blank cd. Apparently it seems like its just from this one cd that i created. The static comes and goes, but very noticeable. I tried different blank cds and original cds and the static is not there. FM is fine and so is XM. I know that cheap cd will cause the music to skip but static? Anyone else has this issue too?
  • bvdj84bvdj84 Member Posts: 1,724
    Well, it could be that it was burned bad, I sometimes have that happen where it had burned a cd and it skipped, perhaps had static on it. Just re-burn a cd and see what happens. I doubt it is your audio system, and if it is, its covered.

What color did you get your coupe in?
  • dazz87dazz87 Member Posts: 19
    thanks. I feel much better now. I dont think re-burning it on the same cheap o cd (G&Q from Frys) will do any better. I ended up getting black on black. So far so good. btw I heard alot of complaints about the stock system on the V6, maybe its me but I think it sounds pretty good for a "stock system"
  • bvdj84bvdj84 Member Posts: 1,724
    I am not sure why the would say just the V6 model, when the 4cyl EX-L model has the same system. When I test drove the EX-L sedan, it sounded quite good, and it is definitely better than the previous generation system. You should have seen the plastic speakers I had pulled out of the car. I replaced the factory with Memphis Audio, at the time, I didn't have a clue on the brand, but heard them in the Specialty store, and I was sold. They work on little power, and sound amazing! Get an Amp, and you have yourself a nice system. Though, I am finding that most factory systems these days are getting better, I lease, so the less money I have to put in the car, the better, but, I have to have my music in the car.

Though, I wish the Accord offered a mid range equalizer on the options to adjust, it would make a world of difference. By the way, I think I am hooked on XM radio.
    I never listen to FM anymore.
  • tominnhtominnh Member Posts: 5
    I have been hooked on XM radio since 2001. I had it installed in my blakc Accord coupe V6!!! Thewre IS no cure! BUUUUWAAAAAAAAAHHHAHAHAHAHAH!!
    lolol :D
  • alex1972alex1972 Member Posts: 1
    Hi
    I have a 2009/Accord Coupe with Navi and I am trying to stream music from my Blackberry Bold 9700 using bluetooth.How can I do it? Thank you
  • kunsterkunster Member Posts: 1
    I have a 1996 Honda Accord LX Coupe 2Dr 5-Speed.

The stock radio unit doesnt work, although it does have power(lcd is on), and it does not give me an error code. It looks like it should be but theres no sound. So i'm going to buy a new unit but I'm not sure if what im looking into buying will even fit wiring wise.

this is my stock unit
    http://i45.tinypic.com/34o1zqp.png

this is what i'm thinking of buying
    http://i48.tinypic.com/2cgyjvp.png

http://www.amazon.com/Pioneer-DEH-1300MP-Receiver-Playback-Control/dp/B003ZDO2LM- /ref=lp_10980601_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1347897825&sr=1-1

looks like totally different connections. and my car doesnt have the red and white cables for the rear, just that 16pin connector for everything.

Is there an adapter i can buy to make it work? or do i just need to buy an new but older radio unit?

Thank you!!
  • rah140rah140 Member Posts: 2
    I currently have a Samsung Convoy 2 (SCH-U660) paired with the bluetooth in my 2012 Honda Accord EX-L V6 coupe. I am trading the car in for a 2013 Honda Acccord EX-L V6 and this phone is not listed in Honda's compatable phone device list. Will I be able to pair my phone to my new car's bluetooth hands free system even though it's not listed in compatable devises?
  • Sandman6472Sandman6472 Member Posts: 6,952
    edited March 2013
    Looking for a new head unit for my '06 Civic LX with one that has Bluetooth, a usb port and an aux input port so I can listen to my iPod. Any info that y'all can give me would be very useful. Stopped by a couple local places and they both quoted about $350 for units with these features and carry brands like Clarion, Sony and Pioneer. Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated. T I A all!

The Sandman :) :sick: :shades:

2023 Hyundai Kona Limited AWD (wife) / 2015 Golf TSI (me) / 2019 Chevrolet Cruze Premier RS (daughter #1) / 2020 Hyundai Accent SE (daughter #2) / 2023 Subaru Impreza Base (son)