Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

And the Oscar Goes to - Green Cars !

larsblarsb Member Posts: 8,204
edited March 2014 in Toyota
After all the "Oh My God It's Al Gore!" moments at the Oscars, I wonder how much worship they are doing at the Altar of AlGore after hearing the news that his mansion in TN used about $30,000 worth of electricity and gas the last two years each year.

Oh, Save Us From the Evil Exxon AlGore !!

(and in the meantime, maybe start Walking the Talk big fella)

Comments

• Options
    2006rsx2006rsx Member Posts: 32
    I wonder, how many thousands of gallons of fuel they burn in their private jets and yachts? You won't ever see Leonardo driving his Prius across country. Nope, he'll be in a private jet. These people are all hypocrites, if you ask me.
  • Options
    gagricegagrice Member Posts: 31,450
    I totally agree and give credit to the guy that drives cross country in a hybrid and rides his Segway to work. The "do as I say, not as I do" crowd are not truly promoting conservation of our planet. Most people see through that hypocrisy.
  • Options
    Why, Gary, that's the nicest thing you have ever said about me.....(sniff) (whizzle)......I'm all choked up..... ;)

Yep, the hypocrisy is rampant with those folks. I thought Melissa Ethridge was gonna have a seizure trying to thank AlGore for the "motivation to write this song" at the podium.

Like all rules, there are exceptions. Tom Hanks just plopped down about $90K for for an electric Scion B, and he regularly drives a RAV4-EV. So he tries harder than some of them and at least Walks a Little Bit of the Talk....
  • Options
    pathstar1pathstar1 Member Posts: 1,015
    #On Podium
    There is no such thing as a "green car". They all burn fossil fuel, either during manufacture only (EVs) or that and during operation (all others). It's just the amount that changes.

So get off your butt and walk to work. ;) If you can't, move closer.
    #Off Podium :)
  • Options
    Actually, that's incorrect, because "Green" can be a judgment not a fact.

It is generally considered fact that the Honda Civic GX, which burns compressed natural gas, uses the cleanest internal combustion engine in the world.

It can drive from L.A. to Washington DC and produce fewer hydrocarbon emissions than is released by spilling a teaspoon of gasoline on the ground.

Sure, that's "fossil fuel" but that's about as "green" as a vehicle can get.
  • Options
    Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,148
    Oh, and all of the talk from Leonardo about how the Oscars had "gone green" this year. Erm... and how did all of those people get to the Oscars? Carpool in a Prius? Surely they wouldn't have taken individual limousines.

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

This discussion has been closed.