Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Hyundai Azera 2009

124»

Comments

• allmet33allmet33 Member Posts: 3,557
    Pod...welcome to the forum. The Azera is a nice car that has had a few issues. There are some issues shared by many and a few that are not. However, as Hyundai puts it on their website...the Azera is their best kept secret. Don't know why they would do it that way, but hey...it's nice to have a car that not everyone is driving out there.
  • podpod Member Posts: 176
    Okay, let me dip my toe into this forum. As I understand the 2010 Azera has only slight changes over the 2009 model but a "redesigned" 2011 Azera with substantial changes is due to be available later this year. I suspect the 2010 model or even a 2009 model will suit my needs quite well. I am coming off a 2000 Mercury Sable which has been a great car with few surprises at 140,000 miles and ten years of ownership. The new Taurus (Sable is dead) is quite a change over prior models but is large and heavy (4100 pounds plus) and has two annoying features: (1) poor rear visibility due to high waistline design and headrest interference, and (2) a massive flowing center console which accomplishes little of value (except the arguable aesthetic) which actually crimps the right foot territory and right hip territory because it expands as it approaches the driver. I want a comfortable, quiet, reliable car with a trunk large enough to fit golf bags and pushcart and with reasonable fuel economy. Hyundai, and the Azera in particular (although I am tempted by the new 2011 Sonata), has attracted my attention. I would appreciate it if Azera owners would comment specifically on the NHV overall and the tradeoffs of significance if I were to go with the GLS rather than the Limited. Also is there still an "ultimate package" with the limited anymore or is all that contained in the 2010 Limited?
  • SilverBullet00SilverBullet00 Member Posts: 102
    Right now there are plenty of good deals out there on the 09-10 Azera. I would only look for the Limited without the Nav package. I like the bigger engine, power mirrors, rear sunshade and the telescopic steering wheel. The ultimate package is called the premium package. If you can wait for the 2011 and want to pay top dollar, do it. Myself I look for the used ones with 5-7K on the speedo, usually come from the rental or leased lot. This is what I got and 10K cheaper than a new one. :)
  • allmet33allmet33 Member Posts: 3,557
    Pod...I think you'll be more than happy with the Azera. If you opt to wait on the '11 Sonata, you won't be able to get a V-6 engine (if that's a concern for you). I'm sure you'll be able to catch a sweet deal on an '09 or possibly a '10 model with the '11's not too far away. I've had mine ('06) just over 4 years now, got just over 80K miles on it and love it still. I've never experienced the suspension issues that some have posted about, the only malady I've suffered is the air bag light issue.

I live in the DC Metro area and have driven to FL, NY, GA, OH & NC and every trip has been a wonderful ride. Don't take my word for it, go take a test drive in one and see what you think. Good luck with your choice. :D
  • bmb1767bmb1767 Member Posts: 64
    Have had my 2007 Azera Ultimate 1 year tomorrow. One issue I am having is with the TPMS System. I have to go to a nearby town (30 mins away) twice a week. On my way back on Wednesday nights, the TPMS light comes on as I am passing through this one town and then goes off about 10 minutes later. This past week my dash actually said "TPMS System Failure." VERY Wierd. I am not exaggerating that it only happens in this one area. I almost feel like I am in the Twlight Zone.

The only other time it happened was last March coming back from GA to NC and it stayed on driving through GA and SC.

Anyone else having issues with the TPMS system?
  • jlindhjlindh Member Posts: 282
    edited September 2010
    TPMS uses transmitters and a receiver (radio) to get the pressure information from the wheels to the dash. Something in that town is probably operating off frequency and setting off your warning. There are other stories out there of problems near airports.
  • bmb1767bmb1767 Member Posts: 64
    Interesting. It happens about 15-20 mins away from our local airport (regional). That is probably what is happening. Thanks!
  • magmagrillmagmagrill Member Posts: 1
    edited October 2010
    I am considering buying a 2009 Azera Limited and would like to know if anyone knows what part of the warranty on that car I would be entitled to. I would not be buying it from a Hyundai dealer. Thanks for the help.
  • jlindhjlindh Member Posts: 282
    Unless the previous owner purchased an additional transferrable plan, you are entitled to 5 yrs/ 60,000 miles.
  • parrotsquawkparrotsquawk Member Posts: 28
    My touchscreen appears to be out of calibration. One dealer says to hard-reset it it by removing the fuses to it rather than R&R the unit. Any suggestions or comments? :mad: