Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Infiniti G37 Transmission Problems

Comments

• ljelawljelaw Member Posts: 17
    I've read back over these posts and the problem doesn't appear limited to 09's. The loaners I've had which presumably are later models have the same problems. And the G25s are really bad! Buy at your own risk. It's not a bet I'd take.
  • ejzinnejzinn Member Posts: 12
    Yes I can, I have an infiniti g37x from December 2010 (2011 Model) and can absolutely attest to the acceleration lag - especially when decelerating on the highway and then immediately needing to accelerate in order to overtake. Sometimes the car almost feels like it is stalling, or at least a long hesitation before it kicks in. I have had the software update from Infiniti and it did not seem to help alleviate the problem at all. I previously had a G35x for 3 years and even extended my lease for an extra six months as I was so happy with the car and did not want to bother shopping for another. This one is totally different, and will be my last high power infiniti.
  • jim1969jim1969 Member Posts: 62
    Does the M37 suffer the same way with this transmission? I love the looks of the car but since I'll be buying, I have to live with it for awhile.
  • bobbyzjrbobbyzjr Member Posts: 15
    Yes!!
    I had a 2011 M37 sport and the tranny was so bad that I traded the car in 10 months later and took a huge loss!! The dealership kept saying it was just the way the tranny was built. They let me trade it in on the G37 sport convertible and although I already knew the the G37 had the same issues, at least it's a bit lighter so it has a bit more pick up AND if I'm gonna have to live with this problem, it may as well be "in a convertible".
    This problem ruins the driving experience. The thing I've learned is that you just have to learn to drive the car in a conservative way. You can't slow down and then suddenly gun it or it will hesitate up to 3 or 4 seconds before taking off again. Therefore, you must baby the throttle a bit and gradually speed back up again!!
    I tried to get a class action law suit going but for some reason I was "reprimanded by Edmunds"!! Hmmmmmm, wondering who really owns this site!!!

Anyhow, bottom line; I wound NOT purchase a 7 speed infinit!!! No way!!! Never again!!!
    That's what I've read elsewhere as well as here. FYI was at the dealer today for an oil change and was talking to a salesman who had NO IDEA about this issue. Amazing...
  • margaritamixmargaritamix Member Posts: 11
    Under the premise that misery really DOES love company...I have driven an Infiniti for 10 years...an I-30t, a G35 and now G37. I am SO upset over the transmission. It hesitates if I slow down to about 20-22 mph then try to accelerate (e.g. when someone in front of me is slowing to make a left turn), and when I brake to a stop, it often seems like it is slipping. You can now tell that I'm not a transmission SME (subject matter expert) by any stretch of the imagination. Both Infiniti dealerships that I have taken it to have told me that I have the latest firmware upgrade. The service director at one dealership drove my car while I rode with him, and he definitely felt it but told the service guy that "it wasn't as bad as she let on." Can you imagine that...right in front of me, a six figure executive. I should get his name and report his cavalier attitude. Anyway, I feel validated by others having this issue, if I'm reading these more technical posts correctly. I have had my car since March 31 2011, but I travel quite a bit and when I do go to the office it is only 4 miles each way, so I only have about 4,000 miles on my car...90% of that is around town driving. Any ideas on how we can get Infiniti to pay attention? Does anyone know if this would fit in under the lemon law? I truly am unhappy, but have had
    little time to deal with it.
    Don't kid yourself that the salesman did not know! They know very well, but they have to keep selling this lemon as Infiniti has not done anything about it!
    You're probably right although the guy I talked to seemed oblivious and went straight to the computer to check it out. Neither here nor there, though. No more Infinitis for me. Unfortunate, because it's a nice car otherwise.
    We all need to find out if there is a "lemon law" possibility here! I've had the same thing said to me at my dealership and a lot of people are complaining heavily. Perhaps we can try to get the national news to report on it? A program like 20/20 or Dateline?? Infiniti and all it's dealerships know about the problem because they all have the same "stock answer" which is "the 7 speeds were designed to do that so that they can save on mpg". It's total bull and it's the easiest answer cause it puts the blame on the buyer for choosing fuel economy over functionality and performance!! I would give $3,000 if they would swap my old G35 6 speed tranny with this 7 speed piece of dog crap!!!
    That's a thought. I was thinking legal approach, but in class action lawsuits, it's the attorneys that get the most out of it, not the victims. I bet if a story was on the news, that there would be hundreds or thousands more that would step forward with their unhappiness.
    I am so disappointed in Infiniti.
  • poodog13poodog13 Member Posts: 320
    You guys are crazy if you think this is a legal matter. Infiniti has made no declarations that the product will perform other than you have described, nor does this situation create a dangerously negligent condition. It's simply not living up to your expectations regarding performance. That's a terrible thing in terms of marketing and future sales, but certainly nothing that merits getting lawyers involved.

Didn't you guys test drive this car before you bought it?
    Hey Poodog13,

Your 'throwaway line" probably touched a raw nerve in a lot of us (certainly me) and appeared more than a bit condescending. So it shouldn't be too surprising that an aggrieved G37/M37 driver (legally so or not) did not appreciate that.

There may well be legal remedy here, to the extent the car is unsafe and maybe for other reasons. We've all seen class actions for many trivial matters, not that I view this as trivial. We all spent a lot of money on a vehicle that simply is occasionally dangerous, and usually not fun to drive. That is after all what they advertise - a fun car to drive.

There are times when driving in traffic most of the the time, which many of us must do, where it does feel unsafe. In any event, it certainly is truly an unpleasant experience. If Infiniti appreciated their brand - which I now doubt - they would try to make this right. What that means could be determined. Stonewalling by the Infiniti dealers, their service people and Customer Care, no matter how pleasant the people are, won't do the trick.

If this were just a driving quirk, I'd let this go. But it really is an unpleasant drive under most normal conditions, and not one that could be ascertained by a short (or even long) test drive.
    I don't know if its a legal matter or not, but I can attest to it being dangerous! When I first got the car, I attempted to enter a highway from the right ,which I needed to exit from the left in less than 1/2 mile. While decelerating for traffic and attempting to accelerate to change lanes - the car suddenly hesitated, almost stalling in mid overtake, and the car in the fast lane I was going into, had to brake sharply to let me in!
    It was no joke, and makes me very insecure every time I need to accelerate after slowing down!
    Well said Ljelaw!!
    You can obviously tell that poodog is NOT an owner!
    Anyhow, I would love to be a part of any kind of action towards Infiniti cause I'm stuck for another few years with this tranni unless I want to ruin my credit and give the car back.

We should all exchange numbers or emails on here and do some kind of conference call/email. Edmonds will shut down ANY and all talk of class action or anything!! I'm still puzzled of why Edmonds cares so much?!!! Why? What does it have to do with them?
    Anyhow, all of you Infiniti owners that want to get involved Please let me know. We should come together and do something about this!!
  • srs_49srs_49 Member Posts: 1,394
    Edmonds will shut down ANY and all talk of class action or anything!! I'm still puzzled of why Edmonds cares so much?!!! Why? What does it have to do with them?

At the risk of bring down the wrath of HOST, I will try to answer that one.

It's because for all of us users, Edmunds is a free site. It is ad revenue supported and, being an auto site, I guess that most of the revenue that supports Edmunds comes from the auto industry. Hence, it is in Edmund's best interest not to unduly tick off the source of that revenue. So you can see, perhaps, Edmund's reluctance to want to be seen as a conduit or vehicle for any legal action against one of its advertisers.

As an aside, 30 or forty years ago, the predecessor to Runner's World magazine started evaluating running shoes. Well, some of the shoes put out by its biggest advertiser - Nike - were rated at the bottom of the pile. So Nike pulled their advertising dollars from the magazine, which effectively shut it down.

The magazine was then sold to Rodell Press, where it was reconstituted and the shoe evaluations brought back. Only this time there were no bad (or unacceptable) ratings. Just that some shoes were better suited to certain types of runners than others.
  • ClairesClaires Member Posts: 1,222
    edited December 2011
    At the risk of bring down the wrath of HOST, I will try to answer that one.

I used up all my wrath on a couple of posts that had to be removed uptopic because of bad language and personal insults. :mad:

Everyone's free to praise or trash-talk their vehicles here, as long as they keep it civil and on-topic. You have to be a member to do that, but anyone, including advertisers, is able to see these opinions, which aren't always pretty.

Soliciting in any form and for any purpose isn't allowed, though, whether it's asking people to come to your cruise night, fill out a survey, or join in a legal action (from the Membership Agreement: ... you will not... implore visitors to take actions that are intended to further a personal purpose. You agree you will not use information supplied within the Community Services to do any of the foregoing, by email or any other method. You agree to not gather public email addresses from Member profiles for any purpose. ).

That said, we're off-topic, so let's get back to talking about the G37's transmission issues. If you have any other questions about anything else, feel free to send me an email.

ClaireS, Host
    Automotive News & Views | Coupes & Convertibles

Need help getting around? claires@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

Tell everyone about your buying experience: Write a Dealer Review

• mouseclickmouseclick Member Posts: 10
    First, for what it’s worth, there was a post here about “didn’t people test drive the car before buying it.” Of course people test drove the car but, sometimes things don’t come to light in a 5 minute test drive that comes to light after you’ve had the car for a week. That said, I may have an update on this for those that are interested – if not already mentioned elsewhere…

I called Infiniti Consumer Affairs (and suggest you all do the same to speed things up) after having my dealer look into this problem and not finding anything. By the way, the problem is fixed in 2012 models – they let me drive one for a day and it is not a present problem and Infiniti Consumer Affairs (ICA) confirmed it is fixed. ICA sent out a regional technician to test my car and verified they know about the problem and are already working on applying the 2012 model fix to 2011 and older models but, it first requires some software updates to make it applicable to other models. He said the best thing to do is to call your dealership monthly and ask if there is a service bulletin update to fix transmission problems – if so, it is a simple software fix once it is available. The way it was explained to me was that the automatic transmission has five modes and is always trying to figure out which mode you want to be in (this is a non issue when you use the paddle shifters). There is an eco mode (gas saver for parking lots, highway, etc.), then a normal mode and three performance modes. What is happening is that most of us sporty drivers constantly go from eco mode to one of the three performance modes, bypassing standard mode or other performance modes. It is taking the software an extra .4 seconds (though it feels longer sometimes) to figure out that you want to bypass the other modes before applying the right gear, hence the stall. There is nothing mechanically wrong with the car – it’s all software. Again, they are aware of the issue and are working on a fix (as of mid-November) that will be available via a service bulletin – check monthly with your local dealer. Also again, contact ICA to report the problem – the more people that complain, the faster they’ll move. I’m a four time Infiniti owner and I know how good this company is – they’ve always taken care of me and I have no doubt they will again. You can contact ICA by going to the Infiniti website, then go to the bottom “contact us” section. At that link, you’ll see contact details for ICA on the right. I started by completing the form and they contacted me a day or two later.
    The story in your link states "Other issues that have bothered Nissan customers include difficulties with HVAC controls, confusing rear wiper controls, and using hands-free phone systems..."

If people having trouble figuring out their HVAC controls and hands-free phone system, I think the problem is them. Infiniti's technology is among the simplest of any automaker - my humble opinion.
    I just took my car in for a 15000 mile service and brought up the issue once again. I was told that Infiniti are working on the solution - they have apparently fixed it on the G25X (or so they say) and are now working on it for the G37x. Ill keep calling
  • kdshapirokdshapiro Member Posts: 5,751
    Very informative post, thank you.
    Thanks for the update. My spouse kept telling me that Infiniti would figure it out and fix it. If I don't get killed when my car hesitates while turning left onto Ashford Dunwoody Rd. off of Peachtree Road in Atlanta the meantime.
  • almattialmatti Member Posts: 164
    Right On, mousclick.... I haven't consulted Edmunds forum for awhile. Read this post and WOW. I have complained to ICA for months [See my many, many posts under the same name at MyG37.com forum Transmission reprogramming thread]. They offered me an Elite Maintenance contract for my leased 2010 G37x for up to 45K miles...and asked for a Gag Order to not Blog that on the Web according to the District Manager. I sent another email complaining a few weeks ago to ICA - I suggest all of your Unhappy 7AT owners out there to do the same - TODAY !!! - I n ow have an appointment with Factory Techniican for Jan 4th at the Dealership - Pepe Infiniti in White Plains, NY... I have continued to insist that without a Fix, I want to return this car without any any further obligation under the lease and Move on....I am expecting to find that the Tech will confirm as mouseclick indicated here, that Infiniti is "working on a fix" {as the District Manager tld me in July, but No Promises}, to avoid doing what i propose. If it's true and becomes immediate reality: Beautiful.... I love the car except for the 7 AT tranny L A G....hesitation and quirkiness. It's a freakin shame: my 2007 G35X was terrific (although the Valve Body had to be changed and then the Tranny itself a year little for abrupt shifting).

Good Luck all. Send in those Emailos to ICA, call them and complain. There are too many owners out there for them to deny.
    Hey, I got my 2011 g37x at Pepe Infinint as well , so if u get any satisfaction on Jan 4th , please post it so I can contact them as well !!
    eizinn, I am HOPING for satisfaction. Realistically, I will probably be handed some more BS that a Fix is on the Way....Does your 2011 exhibit the same lagging, etc....? According to recent posts here, the 2012 has been FIXED. I haven't drove one, so I have nothing to compare. I will post the results either way. Enter your displeasure via email to ICA on Infiniti's WebSite .
    I contacted Infiniti using this link http://www.infinitiusa.com/iapps/contactus/ and on the pull-down selected "I need help with my vehicle" and then cut and pasted some of my original post here that describes the problem. Infiniti Consumer Affairs (ICA) contacted me via phone on 12/23 with a promise to have someone from some department (we were driving to visit family out of state when ICA called me) contact me on 12/27. No one contacted me but today, 12/28, ICA person called again and said the department that was going to contact me was closed until January 3, and someone would contact me on January 4 and she had several files to discuss with them. So I will keep "all y'all" updated. :-) As someone mentioned in another post, I'd like to just get rid of the car, actually. I just have no time to deal with this.
    I called ICA last week about the transmission problem. I also received a call yesterday - as promised - saying the same thing, that someone would contact me on January 3 or 4 about this. I told them that going back to the dealer and doing the same dance was likely a waste of time, as I probably am the "7AT Crank". So we'll see. I'm glad that others have told ICA of their concerns. It would be great if our collective actions could move this forward positively. But I'm with Margaritamix - I just want to get rid of the car and move on, as I too have no time for this, or to help fix Infiniti's problem. If they want to wreck their brand, why do I care?
    edited December 2011
    Unfortunately, Getting Rid of the Car and Moving On.....Is much easier said than done. Unless you want to take a Hit. I'm on a lease and have pursuing this for almost a year. I've met with Service Managers, Dealer technicians, and District Manager from Infiniti of North America. All agreed to the performance, but the same response is delivered: The car is performing as it was designed. The DM offered and i accepted for NOW an Elite Maintenance Agreement {free maintenance for up to 45k miles, BIG DEAL). I've read here from mouseclick that the 2012 G37x didn't exhibit the lagging....but reading some recent posts on MyG37.com (I post to that Forum as well), a member siad his 2012 is Doing The Same Thing. It's Not fixed and on Jan 4 when I meet the Factory Tech, He will tell me that a Fix is in the works....I intend to PUSH HARD for nonobligatory turn in on my lease and to get back my upfront expenses: Taxes & Title fees. I too don't have the Time for This either, and Infiniti Knows it... The suggestion here about putting together a Group to harrass them may work. But if truly there is no fix to either the ECU or TCM software that is culprit, they are not going to tack back hundreds of cars...

BTW, If by some chance this works out on a lease termination, I was thinking that as further inducement thru the Dealer - I would go to a new 2012 M37X.....reading some of the posts about that car reveals that the lagging / hesitation seems to be less apparent, but still present. There are very similiar complaints to the G37X.
    I posted details about a software fix that is to come (timestamped Dec 14, 2011 (9:58 pm). I just called my dealership (January 3, 2012) to ask if there is a transmission software update / bulletin and she said they were actually contacted by Infiniti to expect the update to be available in the next two weeks. I'll be calling them again by January 17 for sure.
    I just this minute received a "final" call from Infiniti Consumer Affairs and "Kiana" said that I have the latest software updates and there is nothing further she can tell me. Wow, that was worth waiting two weeks and 3-4 phone calls for when I told them that was the response that I was getting from the dealerships. So I will keep checking back here while I investigate the lemon laws in my state. I am so very disappointed in Infiniti's lack of caring and lack of public relations skills.
    I spoke with Kiana too, yesterday. She was nice enough but not very useful. She told me I had to go back to the dealer and go through the whole goat rope again. She confirmed that others had made similar complaints about the transmission, and so I know at least one of them.

So I hope Mouseclick is being told accurate information. If not, I'm definitely done with this car and Infiniti. Too bad.

Why Infiniti likes playing chicken with their brand is beyond me. The don't just risk losing one customer but many.
    same problem from day one! at first I did not beleive it as I drove the G35x for 3 years without ANY problems whatsoever, so I assumed maybe bad gas or something, but one day I was almost hit by an oncoming car in the fast lane when I tried to overtake after slowing down - and the car actually stopped in mid takeover for a split second and i thought it had stalled completely. The uncertainlty makes the driver hesitate and lose confidence as you cannot predict how the car will react?
    Its pretty lousy. I also have a BMW 335 which has its own problems of those stupid runflats - but no engine/transmission issues like this. There will be accidents related to this? I wonder if we can get Consumer reports to test the car?
  • chris_m35chris_m35 Member Posts: 3
    I have the same transmission problems with a 2009 M35. I filed a complaint with National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) because I believe there is a safety issue with this transmission.

I researched NHTSA complaints for all Infiniti models (G, M, FX, EX) years 2009 - 2011 and I found many complaints about the 7-speed transmission. You can see description of each complaint here http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/complaints/

Here is a list of the NHTSA ODI ids

I also talked with Infiniti Customer Affairs on Jan-2nd and the representative said that Infiniti is aware of customers' complaints about the 7-speed transmission and that they are working on a software update. However, she was not aware when the update will be available, what vehicles will be covered, or what issues will be addressed by the update.

I hope they fix the problem soon and completely.
  • kdshapirokdshapiro Member Posts: 5,751
    That part of the website is like the wild west. Somebody posted a complaint about the radio? Really? I read most of the comments and I feel for those who are having any issue and hope Infiniti can resolve those issues to your satisfaction.
    Danielle from Infinti Customer Affairs just called me and said that there is not planned update for 2009 and 2010 models (any model G, M,...). The update is for the 2011 model. This is so bad!!!

I am taking my car to the dealer soon for the same issue. I will update.
  • dbitfdbitf Member Posts: 3
    I'll throw in new info from another unhappy 2011 G37 owner. I had the 2009 7spd which performed great. Talked myself into the 2011 when Infiniti offered to forgive last 5 months of my lease. What I know, aside from confirming the same issues everyone is reporting (car not shifting into proper gear, delayed acceleration especially at lower speeds, hiccups when brake and attempting to accelerate, up shifting when it should be downshifting, etc.) is that the "fix" is expected to be available for the 2011 in 2 to 6 months. There are several configurations and every vehicle configuration needs a different fix. I had the 2010 for 5 days while they confirmed my issues and contacted Nissan and the 2010 drove even worse.
    If I had not owned the 2009 I would probably just think it was a POS vehicle and never buy one again.

I am very upset, hate getting behind the wheel anymore, and have had near accidents due the lack of expected performance in tight situations. Do I need to drive less aggressively? Well I certainly do now.
    Per my above post, I called my dealership to see if an update was planned for next week as I was previously told. The service technician told me that corporate sent the word to them last week that the fix will actually be two months from now. This is for 2011 G37 models - cannot confirm about other model years. It's disappointing that the fix is not happening quicker and that I was told two weeks and now two months. There's nothing more annoying to a customer than to be told to wait to fix a product. My hope is that - like most companies thinking from a PR perspective - Infiniti is under-promising so they can over-deliver, that the update will not be as long as two months away. Four Infinitis later, they've been a great company and I hope they don't change that with one raw deal... I don't have accident-causing problems like many people are posting. I notice a considerable delay but, nothing that has caused me to think I could have been in a car accident because of it. Frankly, if you are putting yourself in a situation where gunning the throttle is the only means to avoid getting hit, you might want to re-consider that decision ;-) Just saying... I drive aggressive too but, not to the point of near death - that's for the track ;-) But, I digress...
    Man, I hope you are Wrong !! I'm Almatti. You will see my numerous posts here and at MyG37.com about this problem. I've been ranting for about a year now. In a previous post here and the other forum, I was to meet with a Factory Tech at Pepe Infiniti in White Plains, NY (where I leased both my Infinitis) on Jan 4th. Due to business obligations, I had to postpone. i have dealt with Kevin at ICA. He's been very gracious, but now re-scheduling has become a runaround. We are shooting for Jan 17 or 18. But judging from the recent posts here - I am now very discouraged that this is all Smoke Screen for dealing with my complaint and avoiding my taking it this to the next level: Attorney General for NY State. Just an appeasing move on their part. I would love nothing more for this FIX to be applied and make me a very happy camper.

As an Update to my car, now 1 1/2 years old, nearly 25K miles on the clock, the lagging / hesitation described so many times and in some many ways, is erratic. One day it's terrible, then another day it is nearly responsive with much less gear hunting as my 2007 G35X. It is Still The Strangest Behavior I've ever experienced. I guess driving cars (I mean machines) of the future will be totally electronic & digital which will take away from a driver's pleasure... Hope not. Otherwise we are headed into a MATRIX....lol.

The "new" Muscle cars of the USA: Camaro, Charger, Mustang are looking much better for future consideration....
  • kingpcgeekkingpcgeek Member Posts: 1,051
    edited January 2012
    My 2010 Coupe has all of the transmission issues stated over and over again here. My 2009 Sedan has no issues. I was at the dealer having the battery replaced on the sedan a couple of weeks ago and was talking to a couple of salesmen. They were bragging on how Infiniti's sell themselves, especially after you have owned one. I told them I don't know about that, I quite possibly have bought my last one. Wondering why I told them all about the transmission woes. They seemed shocked (sure they were).

Interestingly enough I have been invited to this:
    You are being contacted as our records indicate you purchased a model year 2009 to 2011 Infiniti. A customer research event is being scheduled for the Phoenix / Tempe area in middle to late January. During this event you will be asked to drive a vehicle on a short route and provide your perspectives. This is for research purposes only and at no time will you be approached to purchase anything.

Hopefully then I will be able to speak my mind again about the transmission woes.
    2005 G35 Sedan
    2007 G35 Sedan
    2008 G37 Sedan
    2010 G37 Coupe
    2012 G37 Sedan
    2014 Q50 RWD

2017 Q60 3.0t RWD
    2018 QX60 RWD
  • jfogofojfogofo Member Posts: 2
    edited January 2012
    I had the same experience of lagging in acceleration and deceleration, a few month into my 2011 G37S. Unexpected delays during evasive moves, and all. My first service appt I wrote up the description of the transmission problem and gave it to them. It included how dangerous it felt to have an upredictable car that doesn't go when you step on it. A regional technician did not see anything wrong with it but drove with me in the car for awhile and we could not replicate the problem at lower speeds. They worked on the oil change, etc and the loaner car I got for two days did NOT exhibit the same behavior at all. So when my 9 month service came around a few days ago, I left another written note, this time describing the acceleration problems in a different way. I got a call saying that were WAS a TSB for this, and there had been many complaints about the same problem. The ECT and TCM updates were made. I feel a much smoother shifting so far, but no real test if the trouble was fixed since it was common on the freeway mostly during sudden stops and immediate acceleration, (or lack thereof.) I feel something different though... will keep you posted.
    jfogofo, can you be a bit more specific about the date you last went? I just called my dealership on the 11th and they said there was no service bulletin available for two more months, for the transmission lag. Would be great to learn that they were wrong about waiting another two months. After reading your post, I called my dealership and a service technician said there are some updates available but, without bringing my car in they can't tell me if any apply to my car. They said one update was for hard shifting and not the lagged shifting everyone here is talking about. I made an appointment anyway - hard, lagged (maybe semantics) - for tomorrow to see if an update will apply and if so, if it does anything. I'll also update here on it.
  • kingpcgeekkingpcgeek Member Posts: 1,051
    I sure would like to hear about your visit. I have an appt on Saturday for an oil change. Would be nice to have a properly working transmission as well.
    2005 G35 Sedan
    2007 G35 Sedan
    2008 G37 Sedan
    2010 G37 Coupe
    2012 G37 Sedan
    2014 Q50 RWD

2017 Q60 3.0t RWD
    2018 QX60 RWD
    No go. I showed up and the dealership said there must have been some mistake - that there are no service bulletin updates. Fed up with my dealership's lack of knowledge (they again told me two weeks), I called Consumer Affairs to tell them I want them to call me direct when a fix is available. They took my info and said they would and that I can also call them monthly to find out more. They said they have no timeline on a fix but they are working on it.
  • jfogofojfogofo Member Posts: 2
    I had my car in on Jan 12th (2011 G37S.) I don't know what the exact TSB# was, the sheet just said "ECT and TCM updates made", and the service manager told me on the phone that the exact problem I was describing had a lot of complaints behind it. I still haven't been able to really test it, but the shifting up and down is much smoother overall, no doubt.
    I'm not entirely convinced yet that the "lag" is fixed during sudden slow downs /immediate acceleration right after, since I still need to recreate that scenario. It's frustrating to think this could be a permanent issue, but I still love my car, and feel it was the best choice for all the features I wanted. The "adaptive" driving feature is making me wonder if I could teach it to behave?
    I'm in California, not sure if location of service makes a difference...?
    jfogofo, It doesn't make a difference where you are!! The TSB they applied came out Jan 2011 (see MyG37.com Forum - check the Threads labelled Transmission Reprogramming, btw, read the hundreds upon hundreds of posts if you have the time} the TSB is as follows:TSB ITB10-075 . It was issued to address the harsh downshifts that some people complain about 3>2 and 2>1, But Does NOTHING about the terrible Lagging. In fact, it involves resetting the ECU (whenever a Reprogramming is setforth - it resets the ECU), it affects the so called : Adaptive Driver Control, where the Car "learns" and adapts to your driving behavior...(check the Infiniti Web Site and the cars specifications page, it's listed there).
  • mike2010g37mike2010g37 Member Posts: 1
    I have a 2010 G37 coupe purchased in Nov. 2010 and have had similar problems. The transmission seems to be erratic at times especially if you are not driving aggresively (I like to call this soft pedaling). I may be going about 30 mph and than try coasting and the car shifts to a mystery gear, the RPM drops to 1000 and it holds there momentarily even if I continue to accelerate slowly. At times on the highway if traffic is bad and moving slowly, upon acceleration, the car hesitates big time and I have almost been hit by other cars as I try to change lanes. The dealership told me in the past that the car computer is learning my driving habits. So far I've got 15 K miles and the car still hasn't learned anything. It continues to give me big problems and I am going to try to contact the government safety office to see if they can do something about the problem. I'm afraid someone might get killed due to this problem and Infiniti should have taken some sort of action by now to protect consumers.
    Mike, forget the gov't safety council.....Contact Infiniti Consumers Affairs - call or email about your complaint. Go to their Web site and you will find the Consumers Affairs page. Just follow the prompts or better Call !!

The more the merrier who file the complaints. Tomorrow is my meeting with a Factory Tech about my complainst filed (read my previous posts and on MyG37.com [almatti]). I am insisting on either an immediate "fix" {which apparently is NOT out there yet} or Return the car, my deposit on the lease, walk away from the lease with no further obligations.
  • amojebaamojeba Member Posts: 17
    Very curious to see how your appointment goes. I think it's a fair request given the circumstances (what you're asking for)....but you know how corporations are. Only looking out for themselves.

If it does work, and word gets out that Infiniti is giving refunds on leases, I'm sure that would force them to promptly address the issues, rather than continue to sweep it under the rug. It's all about the bottom line $$ for them.

Keep us posted!!
  • sandman404sandman404 Member Posts: 3
    I hate to sound like a broken record but I am having the same problems. I described it to the service guy and it didn't get through. Bad weather didn't help. That being said, service has followed up and I was able to take a technician on a 15 minute ride and show him exactly what is happening.

I describe it as follows:
    When at speed above 45 km per hour, brake down to any speed between 35 and 45 kph. Immediate depress the accelerator pedal - soft or hard. This causes a momentary pause in acceleration plus delayed throttle response.

This is dangerous, especially when making left hand turns or highway passing.

Technician will have car Monday. Will update you if I get anything back.
    I have a 2011 G37 convertible sport. Of course, I have the same problem and had the same problem with my 2011 M37 sport which I traded in after only 9 months thinking it would be better but its the same tranny. I've gone through all of the bull with infiniti and they say the same thing about the tranny. Its just the way it was designed.
    OK, ALTHOUGH ITS VERY HARD TO PUT TOGETHER A CLASS ACTION LAW SUIT AND EDMONDS DOESN'T CONDONE IT WE HAVE ANOTHER OPTION AND HERE IT IS;
    AS OF THIS MORNING THE NATIONAL NEWS REPORTS THAT A LADY WITH A HONDA HYBRID WON A PERSONAL SMALL CLAIM AGAINST HONDA FOR $10,000 FOR FALSE ADVERTIZING THEIR MILEAGE. A PROFESSOR OF LAW AT CAL DAVIS UNIVERSITY SAID THAT IF ENOUGH CONSUMERS FILE A CLAIM IN SMALL CLAIMS COURT OVER THE SAME THING, IT WILL CERTAINLY GET THE ATTENTION OF THE COMPANY AND NATIONAL ATTENTION. I AM FILING A SMALL CLAIM TODAY AGAINST INFINITI FOR THIS ISSUE AND I WILL BE BRINGING ALL OF MY EVIDENCE INCLUDING ALL YOUR COMPLAINTS TO COURT. WE SHOULD ALL DO IT AT THE SAME TIME AROUND THE US AND THIS MIGHT GET INFINITI TO WAKE UP!!! I'M TIRED OF PAYING $718.00 PER MONTH FOR A CRAPPY , DANGEROUS TRANSMISSION!!