Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Infiniti G37 Transmission Problems

myg37myg37 Member Posts: 7
edited January 2014 in INFINITI
I just got a new 2010 infiniti g37 sedan ( not sport model ) , maybe it's in my head but i think the car at some times doesn't shift thru 3 rd gear to 4 gear or 4 to 5 , at times it hesitates and rev's up then catches and goes. and sometimes it bog's down then catches. ( auto trans ) this is hard to explain , just curious if any other new g37 owners think they have this issue. thanks , mike D

Comments

• ClairesClaires Member Posts: 1,222
    Hi, myg37,

I moved your post to the G37 iPod/iPhone Integration topic, where it's more likely to be seen. Just click the link to get there.

Need help getting around? claires@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

Tell everyone about your buying experience: Write a Dealer Review

• myg37myg37 Member Posts: 7
    my 2010 infiniti g37 sedan , i keep getting these weather alerts. telling me that bad weather in my area or 10 to 20 miles from my area , can somebody please tell me how to turn this off.
  • reddragon7reddragon7 Member Posts: 12
    Just picked my G37x up last night. Mine does the same thing. i drove around for an hour trying to see if it corrected. I may take it back tomorrow.

RD7
    edited February 2010
    thanks for your reply , I took back to the shop on wed and the tech drove it and hooked it up to there computer , he said that it's shifting normal and the computer has no updates at this time. I believe that when the tech drove it he did feel what I said the tranny is doing. but infiniti has no fix for it know. if more people keep complaing maybe infiniti will provide a computer update for this problem. this problem is really bothering me I'm not happy with this. if no fix soon I am considering a lease transfer to get out.
    please let me know what your dealer say's if you take it back.
    I took mine back after two days ad the dealer did the same thing. The fact that a trained professional couldn't sense the problem means that they won't acknowledge it yet. I do not plan on letting this issue persist. I will be contacting Infiniti USA until it is resolved. They don't want a transmission recall now, I'm sure Toyota is not having much fun with theirs.
  • dayne20071dayne20071 Member Posts: 20
    Hi, congratulation on your new car, could you say what kind of gas mileage are you getting?
    Computer on car say's 18.5 mpg mostely city driving . not much highway.
    well this problem still is going on , i have around 800 miles on car know , i guess it's still going thru it's break in period. but what it's doing doesn't feel like it will fix it self after a proper break in. i wish infiniti would see that there is a real issue here.
    reddragon 7 please keep me informed with your results when you contact infiniti usa , i will be doing the same. thks , mike D
  • sjaievesjaieve Member Posts: 252
    edited February 2010
    Go to myg37.com. This issue has been discussed at length there. There is 2 possible scenarios. 1- The car is going through its learning process of your driving style, since you are doing mainly city driving there is a lot of stop n go and maybe the car is taking longer to adjust properly. 2- There is a real problem, in which case there is a fix for that or the worst case scenario, this cannot be fixed and you may need a new transmission or car :surprise: . To be frank, just judging by your driving circumstances and your description, I think its not the worst the case scenario. However its best to discuss this with a wider audience of G37 owners.

I have a '10 G37xS with similar mileage, no problems with the transmission to date.

I noticed you also described your annoyance with the weather updates. I am in the same boat, whoever thought of bringing weather updates to the car is NUTS. This is technology that is beyond useless IMO. I have not tried to disable it however. After the 3 months free XM service, I will just renew the radio service only.

Good luck and hopefully you will zero in on what is happening.
  • jamaicadon37jamaicadon37 Member Posts: 1
    I have two G37/08 and 09 and yes they have transmission issues. I took both cars back at least 6 times each..they have change the slave cylinder..the car sometime pull back or hesitate into gears. The transmission also make noise..Infiniti know there is big issues with the transmission and they are denying it...The dash boards make rattling sounds and the breaks makes noise...All G37 owners try to turn off ur radio and listen to your car while you drive...there is big issues brewing.
    Myg37,
    I just got back from the dealership. The tech took a ride with me in my car and agreed to sluggish shifting and acceleration. We took another 2010 g37 demo out and it seemed a little better but had the same issues. They are submitting an inquiry to corporae so the ball is rolling on addressing the issue. Please do the same at your dealership so we can mke this issues more urgent.
    The on possible reasoning I got was the adaptive 7-gear tranny may be more tuned to seek better MPG's than acceleration. I hope they didn't tune a 300+ hp engine to better gov't fuel requiremets!!!
    In any case, I will keep you up on my progress. Until then, I'm using the manual shifting mode.

Red Dragon 7
    Nothing is brewing. I get my info from myg37.com. As far as the transmission issue is concerned there is a thread there which is about 3 pages long with the majority having no problems. The high frequency issue is a problem with about 50% having the issue, but Infiniti has developed a fix for that. This is also on myg37.com with a +20 page thread dedicated to that.
  • smarty666smarty666 Member Posts: 1,503
    hey guys, just FYI, that is the XM NavWeather that you get complimentary for the first 3 months you have the vehicle, along with the XM radio and navtraffic!

I had the same thing on my 2010 Maxima and while I'm not sure you can turn it off, I lived with it until after the 3 month trial was over and didn't renew the navtraffic or navweather with XM; after the 3 months it will not do it anymore, unless you renew everything with XM, I just renewed the radio because I don't need to know what the weather is outside, I can just look out my window for free!!
    edited February 2010
    "The on possible reasoning I got was the adaptive 7-gear tranny may be more tuned to seek better MPG's than acceleration. I hope they didn't tune a 300+ hp engine to better gov't fuel requiremets!!!"

I have to disagree. Although I am still in break in period for the '10 its right on par with the 08 G35 I had as far as acceleration concerned. I am not exactly following the "break in rules" as I am training her for my driving style, once its broken in she will be exactly where she needs to be. Believe me it takes a lot to be at par with the VQ35HRs in the acceleration dept. Once its fully broken in it should start to edge the VQ35HR, but only just a bit.

I still think you really need to go to a G37 forum with your issues since not every dealer out there knows these cars as well as the guys there. In addition, you have a very tiny audience here. It helps to use multiple sources, this one included. I remember how my dealer knew probably 50% of what I know, I just wanted him to shut up and just let me drive, not that I needed the test drive.
  • aed1aed1 Member Posts: 3
    Just bought a 09 g37 coupe w/sport pkg. Had an 04 and loved it. Assumed it would be the same - just with updated interior. 2 weeks and 900 miles and I hate the new one. The transmission is so busy finding gears it's hard to get it to go! Would take it back if I thought I could. Have an appt. with the dealership but sounds like they cant' do much. Additional gripe - the fabulous tight steering on my 04 is gone on the 09. Too much power assist -
  • liberating2009liberating2009 Member Posts: 1
    edited March 2010
    I am the proud new owner of a G37 Journey, and this is my first time working with a preowned. I have owned it for 3 months and 2 days after I had the car the VDC/off and Slip lights came on. Yes it affects the car. The cruise will not stay on and it slips into "safe mode" which will not allow the car to go over 30 mph. The car can be reset if the motor is turned off then restarted.

The company is not having any success (after over 35 days working on the car) of fixing this. Has anyone else had any problems with the VDC/off and/or Slip lights? Any suggestions?
  • almattialmatti Member Posts: 164
    edited June 2010
    aed1: Man, are you ever correct !! I just picked up a new 2010 G37X. I only test drove for a 10-15 minutes with the same Dealer who leased me a 2007 G35X. The 7 speed AT is terrible. It has affected the Driveability of this great car so much, I'm FLOORED.... It "hunts" for the right gear as you said, lags a little on the downshift (in D Mode anyway), and has that......funny Overdrive type feeling at 30 to 40 MPH when driving on local streets. Oh yeah, the mileage is better - seen immediately even w/o full break in. Only have 180 miles on the clock. I'm 58 years old, Loved my G35X, it was a fantastic car, terrific in the snow and all kinds of weather, stuck like glue on the road, Still haven't learned my lessons: TEST DRIVE VEHICLES 10 TIMES IF YOU HAVE TO; AND DON'T REACT TO YOUR IMPULSES. I should have bought my G35X which had only 25k miles. Similar to your response, you know that there is no Fix For this - ECU upgrade, etc. the design was to improve mileage ratings, sacrificing driveability. Also, I fel the steering has been lightened - less road feel, too.
  • wjv1wjv1 Member Posts: 3
    Good evening,

Any luck on getting your transmission issue resolved? My '10 G37Sx automatic does the same thing. Has about 1300 miles on it. Didn't notice it initially. Funny thing is, this issue is most noticeable first thing in the morning or after it has sat for a while. Once it has gone through a few cycles, the shifting is smooth as silk. I'm taking it to the dealer tomorrow for its first check up. This is so very frustrating.

Thanks, Bill
    No luck with Infiniti fixing my tranny issues , I have taken back twice and each time they played it off that it's normal. We are waiting for an ECU update to fix this proplem which i hope comes soon. I have called infiniti usa and got no help from them , I'm sorry I'm stuck in a lease because i would have allready sold the car and taken a hit just to get out. such a great car sad to think infiniti can't fix this issue. Mike D
  • clamboclambo Member Posts: 1
    I bought a 2010 G37S, same issue, especially noticed on the highway when i'm lane changing, it sits there for a second and "thinks" about what gear to go in, by then i've pushed it to the floor to get the heck out of the way of the car ready to hit me because the tranny isn't reactive enough.
    I'm sure you all have found this out, but the DS mode helps, and i got the paddle shifters, that eliminates the issue completely because i'm doing the "thinking" and you can blip up and down quicker than the car will do. Clearly they designed this to get better MPH when in D. A friend of mine has a 7 series with an 8speed tranny, his does the same thing.
  • mazzmanmazzman Member Posts: 8
    I know this isn't much help but..... When I was shopping for a G37 sedan last year, I had to do the demo drive in an automatic car since no manual-transmission cars were at the dealership. So I asked them how many manual transmission G37's they had sold in 2009. The answer was.....none. I eventually bought a 6-speed manual car that was shipped in from some outta state dealer, (New Jersey, maybe) and so far, the manual tranny is working fine.

My point. Since it would seem that the *vast* majority of G37's sold are automatic-transmission cars, you think Infiniti would "get it right." Maybe all
    the cars need is a button that disables the "learning mode" feature and lets
    the auto transmissions upshifts come at specific, pre-set rpms, that are
    based on throttle position.... You know, like in "the old days"......
  • topgun31topgun31 Member Posts: 1
    Purchased 2010 G37 last month. After owning 2003,2005, and leasing 2008, we decided to purchase a new 10 instead of buying the 08 with 12000 miles. What a mistake. The car does drive much smoother in town, but out on the highway, I'd rather be in a Honda that will go when you hit the gas. My G37 isn't just hesitating, the tranny is definitely slipping. Because of other travel have not taken it back to the shop. I already can hear that " we can't find any problem". Actually had a similar problem in the 2005 G35 at 30,000mi. Eventually Infiniti replaced the transmission. Is anyone else experiencing a definite slip?
  • m4mm4m Member Posts: 76
    edited August 2010
    Everyone,

Infiniti released a TSB reflash for the Transmission Control Module (TCM) to resolve this issue.
    (7 SPEED A/T; HARSH 4-3 DOWNSHIFT ON DECELERATION; ITB09-032). The software patch made a world of difference in my Infiniti. The transmission now is much better shifting in all gears as well as Gas mileage improved!!! I don't think any other tranny in this price range compares. Bravo Infiniti Bravo!
    I'm happy now and have gained acceptance once again in Infiniti.
    HTH
    m4m: You have RAISED MY HOPES !!!!.... When did you get the Reflash done ?

Do you have a 2010 or 2009? with the 7 spd Auto Tranny. I now have 1800 miles on my 2010, the tranny is better after the break in, But NOT a Helluva lot better. In fact, I drive mostly in DS mode, that too is totally different from my 2007 G35X. Man, I miss that car. What a mistake not buying it. "New Is Not Always Better" and in this case, much worse. I brought my G37X in to dealer to apply reflash - ipgrade to Navi system to supposedly work better with iPhone 4 - bluetooth. I really didn't experience what others were mentioning on other forums about the iPhone. I don't use my iPod or iPhone to play music yet....

Please advise the forum on this fantasic news !! Also check MyG37.com !!
  • atvriderncatvridernc Member Posts: 1
    Anyone having any luck? I bought a new 2010 G37 Sport with the 7at for my wife and when the car has sat or is cold the tranny jumps and bucks and slips. When its hot it runs and shifts great. The dealership says that they dont know how to fix it! They said they are aware of the problem but dont have a answer! They said Infinity hasn't told them what they can do or how or when they can fix it! Am I paying $700 a month for a pos? 1st Infinity and probably last! My wife loves the car but what good is a 47k "luxury car that jumps and bucks and cant be serviced? Its been in 2X for a window leak,STILL LEAKS, and now the window has a gap and if and when it rains it will leak. They will have to redo that. The offer to come pick up but who wants their sports car hot rodded by some stranger plus the increased liability of if a wreck occurs. I'm very disappointed and think they should refund my money or give me another car but they dont see it like that. They say "it will be fixed" but they dont know when!
    what to do?????
    atvridernc: How many miles on your G37? I have noticed now with over 2k on the Clock, the tranny is better, more responsive, less buckying and jerking in D Mode, it does Rev match in DS mode and seems to Buck more in that DS mode than my previous 07 G35X. I have a 2010 G37X with the 7 AT tranny. Don't know 'bout the window leak. Other than my complaints in many sites about the 7 AT (many others have the same complaint, and many others don't complain & think it's fine), and unproperly claibrated dashboard out side Temp indicator [alway off by 5 or more degrees], everything else seems very good. I haven't put the Radio / CD Music Box thru the paces yet. But I will this weekend. Break in the tranny by driving it hard, in DS mode. I followed that advise from another Forum member and it seemed to help.

Also, the Reflash TSB I beleive refers to the 09 model. The 2010 models are all up to date with ECU and Drivetrain software according to my dealer.
  • m4mm4m Member Posts: 76
    Even though mine is '09 but according to Infiniti site 7 AT tranny TSB Reflash ITB09032 is for '09 -'10 G37 (V36), any way I love my new car and have no other issues what so ever. Good luck with yours!
  • DB_from_NCDB_from_NC Member Posts: 16
    I just bought my G37 last week and noticed the bucking right away...almost always between 2-3 and 3-4 gears. Going to let the car get to 2k to see if it evens out...otherwise I'll hit up the service department for a fix.

My only other possible complaint is that the steering is too over-compensated for at low speeds. Feels disconnected to me compared to the TSX I just left. Otherwise a fun car.
    DB from NC: Yes, you are correct, the Steering is different from the 07 G35X, I had. It is less "tight" and at first I didn't like it either, but it seems quicker to me and you will feel the Road at higher speeds. The Tranny is more driveable too as I noted with some mileage. I took the advise of another Forum (MyG37.com) member and drove it much harder than the Manual instructs and in DS mode as my Dealer suggested. I didn't have thesde quirks in my 07, but now that the quinks are workinh themselves out, I'm enjoying the car Much More. BTW, there is nof "fix" for the tranny issue: It is what it is....
  • DB_from_NCDB_from_NC Member Posts: 16
    I appreciate the post, almatti. I'll try your suggestions.
  • antonio246antonio246 Member Posts: 1
    This is my first Japanese car - '09 G37x Sedan (previously owned German cars). I now have 6400 miles on the car and want out of this lease soooo bad! This is the worst driving car I've ever owned! The transmission is despicable! Rough shifts, lurches the car forward, quick-shift is non responsive and extremely rough, DS position causes engine to rev over 4000rpm until I put it back into Drive position to stop it. The seats are sooooo uncomfortable on long trips. The hands free phone is a pain to use. The so called "self healing paint" a bunch of nonsense. I am continuing my quest to steer people away from Infinitis. Terrible dealership (Willow Grove, Pa.), terrible cars! I miss my Audi :cry:
  • michaelvettemichaelvette Member Posts: 3
    I'm looking at a 2008 G37 coupe. Trading a 2001 Lexus ES and a 2001 Corvette in. Wanted something that would replace both cars. I drove it today and got on it when we got on the highway. After flooring it, there was a pause, maybe a half second, then a burst of speed. This seems strange to me. When I floor the Vette, it takes off immediately. Is this something in the nature of the Infiniti that can't be adjusted or changed? I really like the car after driving it, except for that hesitation issue. Anyone else experience this? Do you get used to it? Thanks for any replies.
  • amojebaamojeba Member Posts: 17
    Wow, I'm sorry to hear about all the problems this car is having. I don't own an Infiniti right now, but I have toyed with the idea of getting a G37 in a year or two.
    I traded in my 2000 Nissan Maxima last year for a new honda accord - I couldn't afford the Infiniti at the time.

I absolutely loved my Maxima, it was tuned really well. Sadly it got old.

So are all Infiniti's going to be this way? Does the problem affect both Sedans and Coupes? Any resolution yet? What's the TSB on the tranny, did that solve the 2010 issue?

My honda has a flawed brake design, chews its rear brakes after 12k miles. It seems all the car manufacturers are making crap nowadays, and just don't care. What gives?
  • ark10ark10 Member Posts: 1
    I live in Canada near Toronto and just had the car in today at the dealer, they think I am an idiot and are telling me that nothing is wrong with this car's transmission. Purchased the car in April 2010 and have 14,000 miles on it, Still have problems with downshifting and lurching. Where I live there is a difference in elevation of 400 feet with steep grades, I have to put my foot on the gas pedal to go down a hill as the transmission downshifts to hold the car back. How is this saving gas. I manually shift the car into neutral and coast down the hill. Personally for the money I paid and I paid cash, this is more aggravation than what I was expecting. My Accura TL was a dream to drive in comparison. If you are considering this car, don't put your money down on the 7 speed AT, go with the standard or buy another car. My 2003 Dodge truck performs better with a 5 speed standard transmission and a 4.7 Litre engine. At least when I punch it the truck goes forward and doesn't wait and try to make up it's mind what gear to select. My big fear is the icy roads we get in the winter and if the sudden downshift and lurch won't put the car sideways going down a hill. Definitly disapointed with the transmission. The rest of the car is fine, but just not fun to drive like my Accura TL.

Ark1
  • omonlineomonline Member Posts: 1
    Are you sure you live in Canada? we use kilometer not miles.
    I also have G37X since July 2010, no problems yet.
  • gg99gg99 Member Posts: 2
    I've just got my new G37 few days ago. I used to have a BMW and loved the driving experience, but I had to let it go since it started to have all kinds of problems. So I decided to try the G37 out since it's a more reliable car with a lower maintenance cost.

After driving around for few days, I've realized that I might have made a wrong decision. I love both the exterior and the interior of the car. The sitting is much more comfortable than the BMW 3's, and it's loaded with convenient features which will cost a lot on a BMW. The engine is powerful, and the acceleration is nice as well. The handling is not as precise as the BMW's, but it's not bad at all. I actually think the BMW's steering is too tight for me at low speed.

However, one thing I don't like about this car is the 7 speed AT transmission, and it made me want to get rid of it and switch back to a BMW. After researching online, I've found out that I'm not alone. I read about the 3rd and 4th gear hunting issue, but my case is even worse. I felt the car is still doing the engine-break when above 65mph. The break is so strong that I can feel something is pulling me back as soon as I release the paddle. I'm not sure what gear it was in when this happened, but it felt like it was either in th 6th gear and didn't shift to the 7th when I get go the paddle, or it was in the 7th and shifted down to the 6th. But none of these assumptions is making sense to me; I wasn't doing overdrive, it shouldn't stay in th 6th gear when above 65mph, and it shouldn't down shift to the 6th from the 7th either. The only thing I know is that it was in D-Mode. Perhaps it was in the 7th gear the whole time when this happened, but it is just too hard for me to believe that was the normal engine-break from the 7th gear. With this kind of behavior, I'm not surprised by its terrible fuel consumption. I drove mostly highways, and with few blocks of city road, the best I made out of this car is 19mpg combine. Believe me, I really tried my BEST. I wish there's a way I can tell what gear it is in when driving in D-Mode, so I can find out what's really going on.

I really need some comments and help from you guys before I take it back to the dealer for checking, so at least I can be confident when I'm there.

Thanks in advance,
  • michaelvettemichaelvette Member Posts: 3
    That's a shame you're having problems with a new car. I drove one myself a month or two ago and was very impressed. I love the styling of the coupe. The body is nice and the interior is equally sweet. The instrument panel is much less complicated than the Honda Accord coupe. (What were they thinking?) Anyway, the reason I haven't purchased a G37 yet is because of the transmission. The issue I had was a distinct hesitation when accelerating. When I floored it, rather than being pushed instantly into the back of the seat, there was this anticipatory pause where we're waiting for something to happen. When it did, it was exhilarating, but that pause really confused me. I'm guessing a manual transmission wouldn't react the same way. I have a Corvette, and it doesn't wait around when you step into it. It's possible that this transmission has some inherent issues that won't be rectified without redesigning it. Or, it may be that you've simply got one in your car that isn't up to snuff, so to speak. If that's the case, they should fix it. With all the computerized communication that takes place under the hood today, there may be some reset that needs to be done that would solve your problem also. I hope that's of some help. By the way, I also drove a new Nissan Altima with the the CVT. Talk about something different. In case you're not familiar with it, it's a Continuously Variable Transmission. When you step on it, there's no sensation of shifting. It just keeps accelerating with no shift involved. Very strange for someone who's used to feeling the shift points.
    Good luck. I hope they get it fixed. The G37 is a very nice car. Enjoy it.
    gg99: Hang in there. I can advise you about 3 things you can do to get somewhat past this 7 AT problems:
    1. Go to MyG37.com forum for more posts about this issue. Advice from members there suggested that after 500-600 miles break -in, drive the car hard, don't hold back. My dealer told me to drive in DS mode as much as possible. I have certainly posted the same complaints since I took possession in July of my 2010 G37X;
    2. It appears to me that the tarnny behaves better with the ECU training / learning cycle and I found that after 2500 miles or so, it seemed to perform better. NOT perfect like my old 07 G35X did, but better. The 7 AT is in this car to uptick the MPGs, but Infiniti has elected to sacrifice some performance for mileage. I miss the very responsive throttle [many have complained about that - Not Me], no hesitation, but again, mileage is the consideration here. The ECU / and Drivetrain modules are tuned down to prevent the super sensitive throttle with Neck jerking response that the 07 had, and give better mileage numbers;
    3. I just learned from that other forum, that a TSB : ITB10-075 covers 2009-2011 G37 and the 2011 G25 for Hard downshifts from 4 to 3 but members have cited that it seems to correct a lot of the quirkiness in this Tranny. I'm excited - making an appointment asap with my dealer.
  • infochyiinfochyi Member Posts: 7
    edited January 2011
    Hello,

I'm in the same boat. I bought my 2011 G37xS limited edition on 12/30/2010 and noticed the problem with the transmission. At first i thought it was a problem with my car. But after doing further research, it seems infiniti really f'd up this time with the AT 7. I had a 2008 G35xS prior to this and i loved the drive so i did not test drive the 2011 before actually buying it.

Good news (i hope): I called my dealer today, there is a TBS out there to for this problem for the 2011 cars. Call you dealer to find out if the TBS applies to your VIN. The TBS was released last thursday (12/30), the same day my dealer delivered the vehicle to me.

I really hope this TBS will address this fockin stupid issue. It is annoying!!!!
    Hey... were you able to get the new TSB applied? If so, how does the car drive after the fix? Thanks.
    infochy: I have appointment for this week at my Dealer. But for more info check MyG37.com. Thare are threads at that forum where members are reporting good and fair results. One or two say, the after applying the Reflash of the ECU, the car is much better, and one says, the car now feels "heavy", but less jerky in traffic. I'll report back if I decide to proceed. I will reaffirm: I have 8 k miles on the clock, and lately it feels better than it did when new in July. Better, but not what I feel it should be. Owners of other cars with 7 speed auto trannys also complain about this jerkiness. It stems from the "gear Hunting" that the electronics are forced to do to find the "perfect' gear at a certain speed or demand for speed (downshifting). The reason for some hesitation on my part is that once you reflash the ECU - there's no Going Back. You can't undo the reflash.
  • saratoga3saratoga3 Member Posts: 16
    after reading the posts on the G37 7 speed tranny I am considering an 08 G35 CPO. Do you think this would be a wise choice with all the problems on the 7 speed??
    Almatti: I am getting my car tuned today. I'll follow up with the results tonight when i pick it up.

I have a heavy foot and have notice violent jerks when going from 60+ mph to a full stop. Have you also experienced the same?

This is really annoying... the '08 definitely drives better in my opinion. I really really really hope the fix works.
    so i got my car back with the new TSB applied. Yes, it did improve the gear shifting, but the engine breaking is still noticeable.

I wonder if the lemon law applies to this case... the car certainly does not drive like it should.

I did notice after the TSB has been applied, the acceleration from 60 - 80 is not as responsive.

sigh... if i had to do it all over again... i'd go to the lexus or acura dealership.
  • saratoga3saratoga3 Member Posts: 16
    infochyi
    what lexus were you considering? also do you think you would have had better luck with the 08 and 5 speed tranny?
  • bobbyzjrbobbyzjr Member Posts: 15
    I have a 2011 M37 sport in which the tranny does the same thing. I have asked continuously if there was an update for the tranny and they keep saying no. However, I haven't asked since last november. I wonder if this update will work on my tranny??

Also, I've been considering a "class action lawsuit" against Infiniti for false advertising due to the fact that they assured me the tranny would adjust to my driving after a few thousand miles and it hasn't. The response of my tranny and throttle for a 55,000 car is rediculous!!

Please let me know what you find out and would you suggest I get the update????
    I have a new 2011 M37 Sport that does exactly the same thing. I wonder if we can all get together and sue Infiniti in a class action law suit to get our money back. I paid 55,000 for mine with the 7 speed auto and it does exactly the same thing. Its dangerous when getting on the freeway.
    Please let me know if anything has helped...

thank you...
    have you found out ANY info on the 7 speed automatic tranny??? I"m having the same horrible problem with my 2011 M37 sport
    PLEASE let me know how to get the TCM reflash???

I own a 2011 M37 sport with the 7 speed auto that does exactly what everyone else is talking about in here.

Please let me know... thanks