Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2011 Kia Optima Turbo

waltchanwaltchan Member Posts: 124
Available only on the EX Turbo and SX. It uses the 2.0 turbocharged 4-cylinder engine, similar to Hyundai Sonata Turbo. Please share your discussion with this great vehicle.

Comments

• mball572mball572 Member Posts: 5
    I purchased an EX Turbo with the premium and tech package about a month ago. Love the performance, appointments, cooled seats, etc. The only complaint I have is headroom. When friends taller than 6.1' ride along their heads will touch the headliner. I was curious about the headroom spec since at 40" it is comparable to other sedans on the market but when I measured found it far lower at 36" with the seat set as low as it will go where I sit now. With the seat as far back as it will go I pick up another inch and get to 37". Kia should address this issue.
  • zq8zq8 Member Posts: 82
    Hate to tell you but the Prem Package got you that dual sunroof and that's where you lost a ton of headroom.
  • slg64slg64 Member Posts: 1
    my 2011 Turbo is so noisey on the inside my passengers have asked if the driver door was not closed completely. Passengers in the back seat say it sounds like the rearend has no grease in it. (It doesn't have a rearend as its front wheel drive) but its that noisey. The dealer says its the driverside mirror that creats a wind noise, so its a design flaw. Its so loud I'm thinking of putting duct tape on the inside of the window. Maybe new tires will help the rear seat road noise. Will have to wait on that