Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Honda Odyssey Prices Paid and Buying Experience

1578579580581582584»

Comments

• jack252jack252 Member Posts: 1
    I bought it this weekend for 32K which included $500 flex cash, paid $600 for few assessories so $32,600, out of door with tax and fees was 35,400. (which included doc fee of $250)

I think I could have brought it down $500 or so. I feel I paid little more. let me know what you think..
  • vinnynyvinnyny Member Posts: 764
    Even insurance companies have started to recognize "diminished value" for vehicles that have been in accidents, so there should be a significant price reduction (30%?).

I wouldn't buy a car that I knew was in an accident---especially not the car I will be carrying my family around in. You never know just how severe the accident was or how well the vehicle was fixed. In fact, our family cars have been rear-ended twice (MDX and Odyssey) and we traded both within days of receiving them back from the shop. We traded them due to safety concerns (although both were minor accidents) and to avoid the inevitable Carfax hit.
  • dandasurferdandasurfer Member Posts: 1
    I too have the same problem with my 2010 Odyssey. A spark plug failed back in June and the repaired the vehicle. Since then, I've had to refill the engine with about a quart of oil after driving an approximate 200 mile trip. I took the vehicle in and they have asked me to drive it another 200 miles in town and bring it back. But, I'm realizing that it's not the "in town" driving causing the issue, it's the longer trips at higher speeds. I got the settlement claims form in the mail the other day and sent it off, but didn't see how the oil issue is related to it. Is it mentioned in the settlement?
  • teamboultonteamboulton Member Posts: 27
    1 of my local dealerships has the above vehicle listed on it's website for a cost of $34,958 (with several to chose from). This is $100 above factory invoice according to my research, which would be a great deal.

I doubt they'll negotiate any on this price, but what do I need to be aware of in contacting the dealer and finalizing the purchase? Will they likely increase the "dealer fees" to make up for a low purchase price?

Thanks for any and all suggestions.
    Please take the time to read the last few dozen posts. Nobody is paying anywhere near invoice, much less $100 over. My deal in November on the EX-L Navi was $1500 UNDER invoice, so $100 sounds like a rip-off to me. December is the best time to buy and $2,000 under invoice is not an outrageous target during Christmas week.
    Thanks for the response. I'll look closer at the posts, but only 2 of the 4 most recent posts on the EX-L w/ RES were for under invoice, and the most was $500 below invoice.
    I'm in southern VA, an area not known for aggressive dealerships. The worst offer I received was $700 under invoice when I requested internet quotes from my four local dealers (after the first round of "What are you, nuts?"). Every dealer in the DC area was at least $1,000 under invoice. If you finance through the dealer (60 months at 1.9%) you can get the $500 flex cash. If you're not trading in a vehicle, you could simply make your best offer to all your local dealers and tell them it's valid until 12/31. If you can't get it for at least $1,000 under, then you're not typing fast enough or you live in a totally non-competitive area and might need to travel a little. I've bought five Odysseys since 2001 and only paid more than invoice once (when the 2001 Ody was the hottest car on the planet and I lived in HI--the least competitive market in the US).

EX-L RES is a very hard sell these days--especially around Christmas when all the kids are getting their IPads. Good luck!
    Great, I appreciate the advice! I'll keep you all updated.
  • tanstans Member Posts: 2
    Hi, can you share which (Milwaukee area) dealer, and if you went ahead with the purchase, and if your experience was good. Thanks.
  • thebellythebelly Member Posts: 10
    Team,

Just wanted to check to see if this was a fair deal?

2014 Odyssey EX - L For $30748

This is being offered by a couple of Chicago dealers. Does not have any add on. The documentation fee is around $150 + tax, title and registration.

Thanks in advance for the feed back !
  • senmunsenmun Member Posts: 9
    Is it including the destination fee? Is it after $500 flex cash for flex cash?

MSRP:$35,625
    Invoice: $32,569

I will be happy if I can get it for this price including destination fee but excluding flex cash.
  • volkstervolkster Member Posts: 2
    Paid 33,625 in orange county ca

include: destination fees, rack, crossbars, all weather mats, xinvisalign? & alarm.

OTD 36,714.

Is this a good price?
    $30748 does indeed include destination.

Is this a good price? I am hoping to get dealer installed second row heated seats for $599. Is that a bit too much?
  • dukenilnildukenilnil Member Posts: 1
    Where are the good deals in Southern Virginia? I am looking at an EX-L no extras and best I've seen in e-mail exchanges is $33600 out the door (price of $32000 before tax/tags/title).
    Thanks
  • senmunsenmun Member Posts: 9
    It is very good price.

I would not get heated seats because kids until 8/9 sit in the car seat anyways. If you park the van inside the garage, don't even think about it.
  • drewnycdrewnyc Member Posts: 7
    Great price. The best I'm seeing down here in San Diego is $33,199 plus tax, and DMV fees for an EX-L.
    scrap that - how about $32,498 plus tax?
    which Chicago dealers?
    Honda city Chicago. Hope that helps. Please let me know how it goes. Just ask for Brian, one of the internet sales guy.

Remember, the price includes destination.
  • prataprpratapr Member Posts: 1

Bought mine in May 2013 in Northern CA (bay area). prices may be little old.

Vehicle : 2013 odyssey EX-L (no RES or Navigation)
    Dealer : honda redwoodcity

car price: 29885.00
    doc processing: 80
    sales tax: 2621.94
    transfer charge: 29
    vehicle reg + licencing fee: 312.75

total : 32928.69

I was naive enough to buy their extended warranty thinking it's honda care and I have 60 days to review it and cancel if I don't like it. It's by portfolio or first extended. paid $1790 for 8yr/80k protection. This is very restricted one. not like honda care or warranty direct. have to go to selling dealer for repairs. I wouldn't advise this to anyone and wouldn't advise the dealer also to anyone.

truecar and this forum has been very helpful to figure out the price I was getting.

Thanks
    Pratap

• devij1devij1 Member Posts: 1

Wide range here in NC on the EX-L. From a base price of $31,900 to $34,400 (again, doesn't include tax, tags, doc fee, etc.). Think there's any chance of getting below $31,900?

Purchased 2014 Odyssey EX-L w/ RES in Indianapolis on 12/13/13. Purchase price included dealer add-on of roof rails.

Sticker: $38, 435 (includes destination)

Purchase price: $34,437

Dealer Fees/Title
    Transfer/Tire Fee $ 201.25

7% tax $2,255.39

LESS $500 from
    Honda Financing

Sorry, pressed send too early:

Purchased 2014 Odyssey EX-L w/ RES in Indianapolis on 12/13/13. Purchase price included dealer add-on of roof rails.

Sticker: $38, 435 (includes destination)

Purchase price: $34,437

Dealer Fees/Title Transfer/Tire Fee $ 201.25

7% tax $2,255.39

LESS $500 from Honda Financing

OTD: $36,373.04

They also gave me $300 more on my 2003 Odyssey trade-in than other local dealers offered. Could have POSSIBLY held out for $500 more off of purchase price, but I was pleased with the deal and pulled the trigger.

• cwalacwala Member Posts: 3

Folks
    In Dallas, TX....Bought new Odyssey EX-L (WITHOUT RES or NAV) Black with truffle interior and Wheel locks,mud guards, cargo tray, Door Sill garnish (basically Odyssey logo etched into floor of all for entryways), door edge guards, window tint.

Pinged dealers such as Autonation Honda, Rusty Wallis Honda, Mcdavid Honda of Frisco (Closest to me and have bought 2 previous Hondas from them), John Eagle Honda Rockwall Honda and Honda cars of Mckinney. Best quote I got was 31,710 + ttl if I financed (I did not want to finance which they said would add about $1000) and it would include all the accessories I wanted above except door sill garnish which would add another $250.

I had a trade in worth 24280 (dealer trade in) according to kbb.com. I first tried to sell my trade in on craigslist, autotrader etc and the best I could do was 25,300. Three dealers valued my car from 24,280 to 24,500. So the best offer I had was 31960 - 24500 + ($1000) if i did not finance) = 7460 with finance and 8460 without finance. The only problem was I was getting the best offer on new van in one place and best offer for my trade in at another place.

I narrowed my focus to David Mcdavid, Rusty Wallis and Honda Cars of Mckinney insisting on no finance. I eliminated Rusty Wallis because they would not come down any further. Finally after back and forth between Honda Mckinney and David Mcdavid I got no finance deal of $7400 +ttl and all accessories I wanted from David Mcdavid of Honda frisco.

I negotiated with the GM of sales at Mcdavid Honda of Frisco and I have bought 2 Hondas from them before and referred people there . There is no one close to their price when you push them at the right time . December is the best month and with several days of ice and snow this month they are I am sure behind on hitting their numbers.

If you decide on buying there let me know and I will give you the GM name.

Thus Breakdown
    32,240 (EX-L without RES or NAV) includes Wheel locks, Mud guards, Door edge guards, cargo tray Window Tint, Door Sill Garnish)
    Trade in Allowance 25,000 (Went up above best offer I had by $500)
    Trade in difference 7400 (dropped requirement to finance)
    Doc fee 180
    Tax 462.5 (Note taxes are only on the difference ...so if you sell on the open market to private party you would need to get another 1300 for the trade in and manage all the hassle of selling to a private party)
    Title License fees 150
    Balance 8192.5

• hueydumpshueydumps Member Posts: 1
    edited December 2013

Bought touring elite yesterday. $39,005 before ttl and dest. In dc area. Initially did the 1.9 financing through Honda fin, but local bank through dealership gave us 1.79 for 60 mos.

All in all, I think we're happy with the deal we got - this forum is great!

• jpoddyjpoddy Member Posts: 1

@cwala said:
    Folks
    In Dallas, TX....Bought new Odyssey EX-L (WITHOUT RES or NAV) Black with truffle interior and Wheel locks,mud guards, cargo tray, Door Sill garnish (basically Odyssey logo etched into floor of all for entryways), door edge guards, window tint.

Pinged dealers such as Autonation Honda, Rusty Wallis Honda, Mcdavid Honda of Frisco (Closest to me and have bought 2 previous Hondas from them), John Eagle Honda Rockwall Honda and Honda cars of Mckinney. Best quote I got was 31,710 + ttl if I financed (I did not want to finance which they said would add about $1000) and it would include all the accessories I wanted above except door sill garnish which would add another $250.

I had a trade in worth 24280 (dealer trade in) according to kbb.com. I first tried to sell my trade in on craigslist, autotrader etc and the best I could do was 25,300. Three dealers valued my car from 24,280 to 24,500. So the best offer I had was 31960 - 24500 + ($1000) if i did not finance) = 7460 with finance and 8460 without finance. The only problem was I was getting the best offer on new van in one place and best offer for my trade in at another place.

I narrowed my focus to David Mcdavid, Rusty Wallis and Honda Cars of Mckinney insisting on no finance. I eliminated Rusty Wallis because they would not come down any further. Finally after back and forth between Honda Mckinney and David Mcdavid I got no finance deal of $7400 +ttl and all accessories I wanted from David Mcdavid of Honda frisco.

I negotiated with the GM of sales at Mcdavid Honda of Frisco and I have bought 2 Hondas from them before and referred people there . There is no one close to their price when you push them at the right time . December is the best month and with several days of ice and snow this month they are I am sure behind on hitting their numbers.

If you decide on buying there let me know and I will give you the GM name.

Thus Breakdown
    32,240 (EX-L without RES or NAV) includes Wheel locks, Mud guards, Door edge guards, cargo tray Window Tint, Door Sill Garnish)
    Trade in Allowance 25,000 (Went up above best offer I had by $500)
    Trade in difference 7400 (dropped requirement to finance)
    Doc fee 180
    Tax 462.5 (Note taxes are only on the difference ...so if you sell on the open market to private party you would need to get another 1300 for the trade in and manage all the hassle of selling to a private party)
    Title License fees 150
    Balance 8192.5

Cwala...can you share the best quote of $31.170 includes destination charge or not? I am in the same market area and would like to know this information...thanks for sharing such an insightful information.

JP

• cwalacwala Member Posts: 3

JP
    Yes it included destination. See below....Note Mcdavid Honda beat this price but you need to know who to talk to there as the first or the second level sales folks do not seem to go down fast. Email me and I can explain on the phone or email who to talk to. my email craigshak at gmail dot com

Here is your quote for a 2014 Honda Odyssey EX-L
    Your Internet Price: $ 31,710.50
    MSRP: $ 36,000
    *** OFFER VALID ON IN STOCK UNITS ONLY ***
    ****(Includes Destination and Handling and Dealer Added Equipment. Equipment consists of: 3 year paint and fabric warranty, Honda splash guards, Honda cargo tray, window tint, hand-painted pin stripe, door/edge molding and Honda wheel locks)****
    All prices exclude tax, title, license, licensing fees. Dealer reserves the right without notice to modify this quote for arithmetic errors, incentive changes, flex cash funds, program and rate changes by American Honda Finance. Must finance/lease through AHFC._

• dsc888dsc888 Member Posts: 6
    edited December 2013

Hi Guys,

I just signed on a 2014 TE here in the Boston area at Prime Honda. My wife and I got a Diamond White Pearl with Beige Interior.

MSRP incl. Destination $45,280

Negotiated Price w/ Dest. $39,742 ($5538 Discount) - $500 Flex Cash for $39,242 final price before TT&L.

I took the 1.9% Honda Financing which is how I got the Flex Cash.

• hawkpanther989hawkpanther989 Member Posts: 1

Okay guys buying my first odyssey. It is an EX style with mud flaps and nitrogen air in the tires.

MSRP 33,400
    Quoted 29,400 + TTL

Is that a good deal 29,400 or should I ask to go lower?

• camry_chicamry_chi Member Posts: 14

Got a 2014 EX-L without NAV or RES, from DCH in Central NJ.

Here's what I paid
    830 (destination)
    total price: 32,980
    NJ sales tax (@7%): 2,308.60
    Title and other "fees": 767.50
    OTD: $36,056

• sandytcsandytc Member Posts: 3
    I saw a few post for EX-L 2014 for $30748 from Chicago but has anyone gotten anything like that in California? So far I got $32,799 from truecars.com. I'm just starting so would love to know what the going price is in California. We wouldn't be able to buy cars online from one state and have it be deliver to another state right?
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,148

A reporter would like to speak to a new car buyer under 40 years old who purchased their car because of the connectivity features. Did you buy a Ford because of Sync and MyFordTouch, a Chrysler because of UConnect, a Honda because of HondaLink, etc.? If so, and you'd like to share your story, please send your daytime contact info to pr@edmunds.com no later than 3 p.m. PT/6 p.m. ET on Tuesday, 1/7/14.

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• grater24grater24 Member Posts: 2

Purchased EX-L RES DVD for 33,930 OTD in Fairfax with all weather car mats. I'm glad that I waited a couple of weeks and dealers started emailing me back on the 6th - dealer incentive announcement. Also the 0.9% 36 months terms is a pretty sweet deal in motivating the buyer to finance the deal as well.

• jpotjpot Member Posts: 1

Just got an EX-L 34k OTD in Houston with 0.9% 3-year financing.

• godeacsgodeacs Member Posts: 481

What dealer jpot? Did you shop Gillman, by chance? BTW, sounds like a great deal.....

• oddie14oddie14 Member Posts: 9

Any feedback on the price in Los Angeles area for 2014 Oddyssey EX-L?

SandyTC, have you bought yours yet? Any comments?

I also have a 2011 EX-L (with dvd) that I want to trade-in with 30K miles. What would be a good price?

Thanks!

• ck_in_cack_in_ca Member Posts: 6

I just spent my sunday to purchase a 2014 EX-L with NAVI for $32,488. I went a little back and forth but no other dealer else would match.

the range of eQuotes I received was very wide.

I did all of this by email and refused to speak to a single soul before I actually entered the dealership

not sure if this is considered a good price or not, but I found this blog quite helpful so I hope this posting helps somebody else.

I did buy the 8/120000 extended warranty, as I tend to put a lot of miles on the car. I've got 3 big dogs and 2 kids on the way so I figure that if a window or door motor goes out or some electronic/engine component goes dead even once, it will make up for it.

• dolleyedolleye Member Posts: 2

Hi grater24,

Would you mind sharing the dealer information? I am also in Fairfax area. Thx.

@grater24 said:
    Purchased EX-L RES DVD for 33,930 OTD in Fairfax with all weather car mats. I'm glad that I waited a couple of weeks and dealers started emailing me back on the 6th - dealer incentive announcement. Also the 0.9% 36 months terms is a pretty sweet deal in motivating the buyer to finance the deal as well.

• senmmailsenmmail Member Posts: 10

If you would not mind driving 25 miles, checkout the internet sales of Pohanka at Capitol Heights, MD. I bought EXL from them.

@dolleye said:
    Hi grater24,

Would you mind sharing the dealer information? I am also in Fairfax area. Thx.

How much did you pay for extended warranty? I got quotes from Honda dealers online for as low as $1330 for 8yrs/120k/$0. It can be purchased within 6 months/5K miles.

@ck_in_ca said:
    I just spent my sunday to purchase a 2014 EX-L with NAVI for $32,488. I went a little back and forth but no other dealer else would match.

the range of eQuotes I received was very wide.

I did all of this by email and refused to speak to a single soul before I actually entered the dealership

not sure if this is considered a good price or not, but I found this blog quite helpful so I hope this posting helps somebody else.

I did buy the 8/120000 extended warranty, as I tend to put a lot of miles on the car. I've got 3 big dogs and 2 kids on the way so I figure that if a window or door motor goes out or some electronic/engine component goes dead even once, it will make up for it.

• ck_in_cack_in_ca Member Posts: 6

1330 is a really good price for that warranty. better than what I paid.

I would not buy the warranty afterwards. you lose any negotiating power. It wouldnt be a surprise if it becomes a straight price if you buy afterwards.

good luck.

• zmszms Member Posts: 4
    edited January 2014

I live in DC area. I am shopping for 2014 Odyssey EX.
    EX has push button start, backup camera, PD, PW. PL. No leather seats, NO dvd, NO res

The best offer I am getting is $28,900 OTD on the PHONE. Is it a good deal ? I am expecting dealerreduce some more when I see him at dealership

Dealers will never EMAIL you best offer. They only quote best price on the phone. So, its difficult to compare/match with other dealers without written offer.

Can I ask for any options or ADD ons ? Does EX come with any ADD ons ? What about extended warranty ? I need to decide this weekend. Please assist.

Seems like a very good price.

Yes, you can bargain at the store as well but be ready for a higher price than you agreed for that includes the dealer installed accessories.

Most of the accessories are about 25% cheaper at eBay/Amazon and can be installed by yourself.

As I posted above, extended warranty is cheaper by purchasing online through honda dealers, you can find those dealers list from another forum.

If you are financing through Honda, check if your auto insurance offers GAP insurance, it is usually $20/yr. I paid $335 (discounted from $750).

@zms said:
    I live in DC area. I am shopping for 2014 Odyssey EX.
    EX has push button start, backup camera, PD, PW. PL. No leather seats, NO dvd, NO res

The best offer I am getting is $28,900 OTD on the PHONE. Is it a good deal ? I am expecting dealerreduce some more when I see him at dealership

Dealers will never EMAIL you best offer. They only quote best price on the phone. So, its difficult to compare/match with other dealers without written offer.

Can I ask for any options or ADD ons ? Does EX come with any ADD ons ? What about extended warranty ? I need to decide this weekend. Please assist.

• grater24grater24 Member Posts: 2

@zms, that's a very good deal.

You can submit for quote requests, bill page, landmark and fairfax will share/send their price - just need to ask them for it. That's how I got mine

• danny2014danny2014 Member Posts: 7
    edited March 2014
    Got 2014 Odyssey EX-L newest generation manufacture release date 02/2014 for $29711
    OTD $32,724.03 . (Included floor mats, mudguards, wheels lock)
    MSRP $36455.00 (Included destination $830)
    Dealers asking price $38450.00
  • bhavinpabhavinpa Member Posts: 19

Purchased 2014 EX-L over Memorial Weekend in So Cal for $32K + TTL. I feel I could have done better but was running out of time.