Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2014 Cadillac CTS Lease Questions

Karen_SKaren_S Member Posts: 5,092
edited April 2015 in Cadillac
This discussion is dedicated to 2014 Cadillac CTS leasing questions. To discuss the latest lease details for the current model, please join us in the 2015 Cadillac CTS Lease Questions forum.

Here you can find and discuss all the latest lease details for the 2014 CTS, including cap costs, money factors, residual values, acquisition fees, etc. Please post any leasing questions you have or any details you’d like to share about your own lease deals.

You can also research local dealer inventory and pricing, reviews, features, and specifications, on our 2014 Cadillac CTS page.

To see all forums discussions about the Cadillac CTS, including earlier model years, please visit our list of Cadillac CTS discussions.

Navigation tips: To see the most recent information and activity, make sure to visit the latest post, which may be a few pages ahead. Click the pages numbers just below to go to a new page in the discussion -- or search the entire discussion by clicking the magnifying glass icon and entering keywords.

We also invite you to share your purchase experience on Edmunds Facebook page, Share Your Story.

Comments

• sambo49sambo49 Member Posts: 47
    is 1.85% MF right?
    is it 0.00185 MF(eqivalent to 4.4%)?
  • bigredboybigredboy Member Posts: 7

What are the lease numbers for the CTS Vsport 36 months 12K miles/year

• kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,188

@sambo49 said:
    is 1.85% MF right?
    is it 0.00185 MF(eqivalent to 4.4%)?

Ally bank uses percentages instead of a true MF... So, it's 1.85%, not .00185...

kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

@bigredboy1 said:
    What are the lease numbers for the CTS Vsport 36 months 12K miles/year

2014 CTS-V sedan

1.0% MF and 56% residual

kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• wrigleyvillewrigleyville Member Posts: 6

I am looking to pull the trigger on a 2014 CTS V-Sport Performance sedan before the end of the year. I saw on one site that there was a $1000 loyalty lease credit (I have a current lease expiring on a Cadillac). Does anyone know of additional incentives, as well as MF and Residual for the 2014 CTS V-Sport? Also, I have a supplier price quote of $65,600…has anyone seen better deals? (True Car is quoting over $67K)

• avery323avery323 Member Posts: 21

any idea what the lease rates will be for Feb for CTS Vsport -- 36months/10k year

Won't know until they get here. New program comes out Saturday, but it will be a little while before we get it.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

edited February 2014

Any updates on Feb lease rates? CTS V Sport Premium, 36 months/10k miles per year. thanks!

1.0% MF and 58% residual

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• havochavoc Member Posts: 27
    edited February 2014

What's the MF % and residual for a 2014 CTS 2.0T Premium 39 months 15k/yr? The dealer is also throwing in a cash incentive plus Supplier Pricing and it looks like I have a good deal, but wanted to confirm. Thanks!

@havoc said:
    What's the MF % and residual for a 2014 CTS 2.0T Premium 39 months 15k/yr? The dealer is also throwing in a cash incentive plus Supplier Pricing and it looks like I have a good deal, but wanted to confirm. Thanks!

1.0% MF and 53% residual. $1200 lease cash.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• saabguy914saabguy914 Member Posts: 64

Current MF and residual for 12k miles on a CTS 3.6 RWD please. TIA.

@saabguy914 said:
    Current MF and residual for 12k miles on a CTS 3.6 RWD please. TIA.

1.56% MF and 58% residual. $1200 lease cash.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• saabguy914saabguy914 Member Posts: 64

Thanks! What's the term? 39?

Sorry... that was for 36 months.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Do the resids change for 10k vs 12k miles / yr?

@avery323 said:
    Do the resids change for 10k vs 12k miles / yr?

10K residuals are 1% higher than 12K/yr residuals

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• sdcapsdcap Member Posts: 28

Hi kyfdx, could you please let me know what the 36 mo MF and residuals are for a 2014 CTS v-sport at 10, 12 and 15k/year... as well as any front and/or back end incentives. Thx.

@sdcap said:
    Hi kyfdx, could you please let me know what the 36 mo MF and residuals are for a 2014 CTS v-sport at 10, 12 and 15k/year... as well as any front and/or back end incentives. Thx.

1.45% MF and 55% residual for 36mo, 15K/yr lease. $2660 lease cash.

Add 2% for 12K/yr, 3% for 10K/yr.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Thank you. Is the 2660 a frontend or backend inventive? Can it be combined with the 1500 non-GM lessee promotion?
    Thx.

It's a front-end incentive.. I don't know about compatibility...

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• bwheeler6bwheeler6 Member Posts: 2

Hi kyfdx, Do you have the MF and residual for 2014 CTS 3.6 AWD Performance - 39mo/10k, please?

@bwheeler6 said:
    Hi kyfdx, Do you have the MF and residual for 2014 CTS 3.6 AWD Performance - 39mo/10k, please?

1.56% MF and 56%53% residual. $1200 lease cash.

The residual depends on option packages.. 1SC, 1SD, 1SE, 1SF get you the lower residual.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• naimy1992naimy1992 Member Posts: 35
    edited March 2014

hi kyle can i get a residual and money factor for a 2014 cts coupe with 10k a year! also what incentives are out there? also what is the acquisition fee?

@naimy1992 said:
    hi kyle can i get a residual and money factor for a 2014 cts coupe with 10k a year! also what incentives are out there? also what is the acquisition fee?

1.45% MF and 56% for 36mo, 10K/yr. $2660 lease cash.

I don't know the exact acquisition fee, but it's likely to be around $600

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

hello kyfdx, did the April CTS v-sport programs change? If so, what are lease terms for 36/mo lease. thank you in advance.

• MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 240,084

@sdcap said:
    hello kyfdx, did the April CTS v-sport programs change? If so, what are lease terms for 36/mo lease. thank you in advance.

I'm sorry, we don't yet have any April numbers for GM.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• bwheeler6bwheeler6 Member Posts: 2

Hi kyfdx, Are the April numbers in yet? If so, did they change from last month for MF and residual for 2014 CTS 3.6 AWD Performance - 39mo/10k

@bwheeler6 said:
    Hi kyfdx, Are the April numbers in yet? If so, did they change from last month for MF and residual for 2014 CTS 3.6 AWD Performance - 39mo/10k

1.56% MF and 56% residual. $1200 lease cash.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Hello, were there any changes to the April 2014 programs? My order was delayed and I wont pickup before early next week.

@sdcap said:
    Hello, were there any changes to the April 2014 programs? My order was delayed and I wont pickup before early next week.

It appears most CTS numbers are the same... ask for your specific model and terms, and I'll check. the new ones.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

@kyfdx@Edmunds said:
    It appears most CTS numbers are the same... ask for your specific model and terms, and I'll check. the new ones.

Thank you. CTS V-Sport. 36 Mo Lease. 10k miles/year.

edited April 2014

@sdcap said:

1.56% MF and 58% residual. $1200 lease cash.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• flapjackcrustflapjackcrust Member Posts: 27

Hello. I've leased BMWs in the past but never a Cadillac or a GM vehicle. I noticed the MF is quoted as a percent. To calculate the monthly finance charge of a cadillac lease payment, would the formula be:
    (cap cost + residual value) x (% / 2400) ?

I am interested in a 2014 cts 2.0t standard rwd. What are MF, residual value, and incentives for 24 and 36 month leases with 15,000 miles per year? Are there any subsidized or special leases for 27 or 39 months?

After negotiating the cap cost, what incentives are available? I see a $1,500 allowance for current non-GM owners. How does this get combined with any other incentives?

Sorry for the numerous questions. Thanks in advance.

@flapjackcrust said:
    Hello. I've leased BMWs in the past but never a Cadillac or a GM vehicle. I noticed the MF is quoted as a percent. To calculate the monthly finance charge of a cadillac lease payment, would the formula be:
    (cap cost + residual value) x (% / 2400) ?

I am interested in a 2014 cts 2.0t standard rwd. What are MF, residual value, and incentives for 24 and 36 month leases with 15,000 miles per year? Are there any subsidized or special leases for 27 or 39 months?

After negotiating the cap cost, what incentives are available? I see a $1,500 allowance for current non-GM owners. How does this get combined with any other incentives?

Sorry for the numerous questions. Thanks in advance.

1.56% MF and 55% residual for 36mo, 15k/yr. 53% residual for 39 mo, 15K

1.81% MF and 62% residual for 24mo, 15K/yr. 60% residual for 27mo, 15K.

$1200 lease cash on all terms. I think that cash would be in addition to any other incentives.

Your finance charge formula above is correct.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Thank you. Please check my math on the following 24 and 36 month offers. I am most concerned about the Monthly Finance Charge calculation as I do not know if i am utilizing the money factor percentage correctly.

MSRP: $46,025.00
    Less Dealer Discount: $1,578.00
    Selling Price: $44,447.00
    Less Conquest Incentive: $1,500.00
    Less California Incentive: $1,000.00
    Less Mfr Incentive: $1,200.00
    Net Cap Cost: $40,747.00

Term: 24 months
    Annual Mileage: 15,000 miles
    Residual: $28,536 (62% of MSRP)
    Money Factor (as decimal): .000754 (1.81/2400=.000754)
    Monthly Depr: $508.79
    Monthly Finance Charge: $52.25
    Monthly Pre Tax Total: $561.04

Term: 36 months
    Annual Mileage: 15,000 miles
    Residual: $25,314 (55% of MSRP)
    Money Factor (as decimal): .00065 (1.56/2400 = .00065)
    Monthly Depr: $428.69
    Monthly Finance Charge: $42.94
    Monthly Total: 471.63

Thanks in advance for reviewing.

Your calculations are exactly correct, but if I'm not mistaken, the variable numbers I quoted previously were for 27 month and 39 month leases, not 24 and 36.

If you recalculate with the longer terms, you'll see a big drop in monthly payment...

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

@kyfdx@Edmunds said:
    Your calculations are exactly correct, but if I'm not mistaken, the variable numbers I quoted previously were for 27 month and 39 month leases, not 24 and 36.

If you recalculate with the longer terms, you'll see a big drop in monthly payment...

Thanks for checking my math. You did give me numbers for the 27 and 39 month terms, and I calculated those, too. I just wanted to post the 24 and 36 to verify my calculations. Thanks again. Super helpful.

• mikeypsmikeyps Member Posts: 3

I'm looking to lease a new 2014 CTS sedan in April with these parameters:

2.0T RWD Luxury
    36 or 39 month term
    10,000 or 12,000 miles/yr

What are the current money factors?
    What are the residual rates?

I am aware if the $1500 cash incentive for non-GM owners which I qualify for.
    I also have GM cars earnings that I can use.

Are there any other GM cash incentives that apply to this model?
    Not sure if the lease terms or incentives are regional but I live in Delaware.

Thanks...

@mikeyps said:

2.0T RWD Luxury
    36 or 39 month term

Thanks...

1.56% MF and 60% residual for 36mo, 12K/yr. $1200 lease cash.

Subtract 2% from residual for 39 months. Add 1% to residual for 10K/yr.

Any other incentive information we have would be available under the Car Research tab, at the top of the page.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

@mikeyps said:

2.0T RWD Luxury
    36 or 39 month term

Thanks...

See my post above. I'm in California, so the incentives may be different. One dealer has offered me the cts 2.0t rwd sedan at invoice. I am eligible for three incentives. The net cap cost would be invoice less incentives.

1.56% MF and 60% residual for 36mo, 12K/yr. $1200 lease cash

Thanks for the quick reply.

What financing company does GM use?

Not familiar with the term lease cash. What is it and how is it used when determining the final cap cost?

@flapjackcrust said:
    See my post above. I'm in California, so the incentives may be different. One dealer has offered me the cts 2.0t rwd sedan at invoice. I am eligible for three incentives. The net cap cost would be invoice less incentives.

I went back and reviewed your previous post which was helpful.
    Like you I was able to negotiate the selling price at invoice. However, the only incentive that I was offered as a BMW owner was the Conquest Incentive of $1,500. I was not offered the Mfr Incentive of $1,200.
    Is the Mfr Incentive money directly from GM that is available to me and should be applied after the final negotiated selling price?

I suspect that the dealer is attempting to keep this incentive to add to their profit. I also was quoted a higher MF than the 1.56% that was posted here.

Think that it may be time to check out other dealers as there are several within a short drive.

Thanks for you feedback...

@mikeyps said:
    Thanks for the quick reply.

What financing company does GM use?

Not familiar with the term lease cash. What is it and how is it used when determining the final cap cost?

The numbers I quote are from Ally Bank. On some programs, dealers find better numbers going through USBank, though I don't have those programs.

I'm fairly certain that the lease cash has to be used as a Cap cost reduction (meaning, you'll pay tax on it).

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• tango13tango13 Member Posts: 1

Doing some research on leasing a 2014 Cadillac CTS Luxury package. Got a mailing for current Cadillac owners to get $3500 toward the purchase/lease of a new CTS. I'm from Ohio. Could you tell me the current money factor (top tier credit), and residual for 2014 Cadillac CTS Luxury package at 10K/mile per year for 36 months? Have you heard of the $3500 offer to current Cadillac owners?

@tango13 said:
    Doing some research on leasing a 2014 Cadillac CTS Luxury package. Got a mailing for current Cadillac owners to get $3500 toward the purchase/lease of a new CTS. I'm from Ohio. Could you tell me the current money factor (top tier credit), and residual for 2014 Cadillac CTS Luxury package at 10K/mile per year for 36 months? Have you heard of the $3500 offer to current Cadillac owners?

2.0T - 1.56% MF and 61% residual. $1200 lease cash.

3.6 - 1.56% MF and 58% residual. $1200 lease cash.

I've not heard about this $3500 offer, but it would certainly help to reduce the payment on a new CTS.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

• uzabattyuzabatty Member Posts: 13
    edited April 2014

FYI, I found this information on a Cadillac site in Ohio listed under current incentives.. I can also confirm this is true because I spoke with a Cadillac sales associate earlier this week and this is the first thing they mentioned.

Cash Back : $3500.00
    GM announces a Loyalty offer to customers who currently own or lease a 2008 or newer CTS. - Expires 04/30/2014

• shel1001shel1001 Member Posts: 3

Hi Kyfdx - In the market for a 2014 CTS-AWD-Preformance Package 3.6L with driver assist package. Leasing at 39 mo 15.000 miles/yr. Can you update the MF, Reisidul and incentives. Dealer already extended the $1500 conquest rebate. Thanks

@shel1001 said:
    Hi Kyfdx - In the market for a 2014 CTS-AWD-Preformance Package 3.6L with driver assist package. Leasing at 39 mo 15.000 miles/yr. Can you update the MF, Reisidul and incentives. Dealer already extended the $1500 conquest rebate. Thanks

1.56% MF and 55% residual. $1200 lease cash.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• shel1001shel1001 Member Posts: 3

Great thanks for the quick response. That's exactly what I need.

This discussion has been closed.