Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Acura MDX Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• coolcoolvacoolcoolva Member Posts: 12
    Does that include Dest. Charges?
  • kishorebkishoreb Member Posts: 3
    Who is the sales person? Did you go through Jeremy Pratt? I am getting similar deals, trying to decide.
  • kcgolferkcgolfer Member Posts: 1
    If this is AWD and includes destination this is a heck of a deal.
  • robw5robw5 Member Posts: 1
    Can you tell me which dealership is offering $1500 below MSRP?
    Thanks
  • phillyareaphillyarea Member Posts: 2
    Invoice on an AWD MDX-Tech is 45824. 44750 (or even 45078), I'm in! Let me know, please also confirm that you're looking at an AWD.
  • shravancshravanc Member Posts: 14
    Yes, this is an AWD with Tech, including Destination Fee !
    Yes, this is an AWD with Tech, including Destination Fee !
  • rjxrjx Member Posts: 11
    Hello everybody! I am in this Philly area and would love to collectively bargain for a smoking hot deal on an MDX. I am looking to buy one by the end of the month.

Anyone else in the Philly/PA/NJ/DE Area looking to join in? I think if we can save a a good amount of $$$. It will be absolutely worth it.
    I have this MDX - SHW-AWD with tech negotiated, and this dealer is based out of NJ, if you are willing to please let me know what MDX you are looking for.
  • rjxrjx Member Posts: 11
    edited December 2013
    shravanc:

NJ works for me. I am looking at the AWD base model.

How many people have pooled in so far?

I will be checking this forum periodically throughout the day.
    edited December 2013
    41,251 is for the base I have negotiated with for 2014 MDX SH-AWD Base model. (Including Destination fee).

So far no one has joined the pool !
  • portsucksportsucks Member Posts: 2
    Hi shravanc:

I'm seriously considering buying a MDX AWD Base model by the end of this year, my target price is 42k OTD or less, the best deal I heard so far is 41k before TTL(Including Destination charge) which happened around Black Friday in TX, the price you got is so close to this deal, if this dealer is in south NJ, I would like to join you
    for some reason the details I am posting are not getting reflected here in teh forum.
    please mail me at my username at gmail dot com
  • phillyareaphillyarea Member Posts: 2
    Shravanc, I just emailed you at the gmail address. I'm in. As I said in the email, travel may be tough this weekend, so we might have to get creative on the details by using phone/scans/email. Let me know. Thanks.
  • streethawk1streethawk1 Member Posts: 2
    I am in Richmond, VA but will be open to any worthwhile joint offer in the DC/NJ/PA/VA area. I am looking at 2014 MDX AWD Tech and the best I am being offered locally so far is a little over Invoice + TTL. I think with some squeezing I should be able to get 47.5k to 48k OTD locally (including 4% VA tax, destination, tags, doc etc.) and perhaps between 47k and 47.5k OTD in the DC area. If I can get somewhat better than that around NJ/Philly, I too am game to purchase from up there (target 44.2k to 44.5K + TTL) or (46k to 46.5k OTD) for the AWD tech. If there is around $1000 price difference then NJ would be worthwhile. Considering that brand new 2013 MDX since May/June have been selling for 7k to 8k less than these prices for an exact equivalent vehicle; paying much more than 46k would be silly taking into account the depreciation/resale value a few years from now or the potential deals on 2014 in under six more months. I am seriously considering QX60, RX350 or Enclave as alternates or just wait if the dealers do not budge on the prices.
  • srinitsrinit Member Posts: 1
    Hi, Collective bargaining is a very good idea. I am from Philly and would like to join. Looking for a 2014 AWD Tech with entertainment. Ready to purchase as early as the next weekend. I am currently in CT area for work and could only travel in the weekends. you guys can reach me on my email srini.mdx this is my gmail account.
    Seems like this forum is not available for posting messages on 12/15 and 12/16.I hope you guys already took a note of it.
  • streethawk1streethawk1 Member Posts: 2
    Since posting to Edmunds will be down tomorrow and Monday I can be reached at ka.acuramdx followed by gmail dot com.
  • sam_bsam_b Member Posts: 5

All..I am looking for 2014 MDX + Tech package in Dallas Fort Worth DFW area. So far what I noticed is the best price (~44,700 + TTL) dealers are offering hasnt changed for last 2-3 months and with year end, holidays etc. also. Is anybody else also interested and has got any better quote?

• minivanmama1minivanmama1 Member Posts: 28

sam_b
    Like you I am looking for the MDX - I am looking for a AWD with Tech. Best price I have seen in DFW thus far is 46,522. Have you received a quote in the 44,700 range for the MDX +tech in DFW? If so please share the dealer.

• Thanks
  • minivanmama1minivanmama1 Member Posts: 28

Do you mind sharing the dealer and salesperson you worked with in DFW?

• twosecondtwosecond Member Posts: 5

Hi, Everyone. I am getting quotes of 2014 MDX AWD base model from several dealer around DC area. Seems like the lowest one so far I got is 42800, is this good enough?

• s2kroma1s2kroma1 Member Posts: 19

Hello all. Just got a quote on a 2014 Acura MDX Base front wheel drive for $39,566 with destination already included. Is this a good deal? I think that's the lowest they can go. I am in Northwest Chicago.

Hi minivanmama1..my quote was for front wheel plus tevh and not awd.
  • taichicalitaichicali Member Posts: 4
    edited December 2013

@twosecond said:
    Hi, Everyone. I am getting quotes of 2014 MDX AWD base model from several dealer around DC area. Seems like the lowest one so far I got is 42800, is this good enough?

I would say no. I had one offer at 41500, one at 41350 , I ended up paying 41000 (this number included destination,doc fee etc) plus tax,
    registration. OTD around 45k due to high tax rate.

I got the base AWD in white parchment, salesman had two on the lot of this car,which is why the price was good.

I negotiated by requesting quotes of all seven dealers near me (I'm in the SF Bay Area) for the base AWD in any color (never letting them know I only wanted white) and always making sure the quote included everything like destination charge,doc prep fee etc . That way I could show one dealer that I got a better offer and trigger a little bidding war. You will need the quotes in writing (email) and some dealers wouldn't do this,but I just say I refuse to come into the dealership without a written offer. All but one acquiesced to this and it got me what looks to be a really good price. Overall I probably sent 30 emails and made 12 phone calls and spent maybe two hours on the whole process. I arrived at the dealer with the price set! So much easier than negotiating in person.

Also happy that I turned down the extended warranty (2k to extend to 7 years) because my insurance company (for 75 dollars a year) insures any new car for 7 years or 100k miles for any breakage that is not wear and tear (basically just like mfg warranty,but even better because it covers all the computer systems.i have geico

Thanks taichicali @taichicali said:,

Thank you for your message. I mean 42800 is the OTD price for AWD BASE. I am still trying to get few hundred off.

null
    Sorry, i confused my terms. My OTD price (everything except sales tax) was 41400
  • porcodinciporcodinci Member Posts: 14

@taichicali said:
    null
    Sorry, i confused my terms. My OTD price (everything except sales tax) was 41400

Did you price the AWD with Tech? I'm trying to do a deal around the Bay this weekend, and wanted to know which dealer you went with.

OTD means the price out of door, including tax, title....everything. the price I get 42800 includes everything even the tax. > @taichicali said:

null

@twosecond said:
    OTD means the price out of door, including tax, title....everything. the price I get 42800 includes everything even the tax. > taichicali said:

That's probably the best price ive seen! Whats your tax rate?

• porcodinciporcodinci Member Posts: 14

@twosecond said:
    OTD means the price out of door, including tax, title....everything. the price I get 42800 includes everything even the tax. > taichicali said:

Nice. This price was where?

If you read post you still can see some better offer. I think my is just in the median range. Plus it is best time of the year to get a great price. My tax rate is 4% taichicali said:

DC area> @porcodinci said:

Nice. This price was where?

• bostoninbostonin Member Posts: 1

I am planning to buy 2014 MDX AWD with tech package this Christmas in Boston area and so far dealers have quoted me around 46K. For AWD base model the price I am seeing on this website is around 40K which is ~5K less than the MSRP of base AWD model. Would it be possible to get the deal around 44K got AWD+Tech. It is year end and it is Christmas... please comment. Thanks!

• bobbyb8bobbyb8 Member Posts: 3

LONG ISLAND NY - which Acura dealership is most aggressive on Long Island? from reading this Blog looks like better prices can be found in NJ. I'm seeking a 2014 MDX AWD-Tech.

• bobbyb8bobbyb8 Member Posts: 3

Also - does anyone have recent info on Manufacture to Dealer Incentives on 2014 MDX?

• salukutinaveensalukutinaveen Member Posts: 8

HI Everybody ! My best friend just got his ACURA MDX SH-AWD 2014 TECH package for 46500 OTD (Everything included). Me and him were doing lot of research on this forum here, which helped us a lot. I think this is a very good deal. I read most of the posts, and this was the best deal seems like. He also got a very good trade for his "2007 BMW 328i". Area is Northern VA. Taxes in VA are 4.5%, so the base price must be around $42700 after excluding TTL fees from $46500.

• lexusbuyer4lexusbuyer4 Member Posts: 1

Wow, that's a great deal. Can you share the dealer name? I am in eastern PA, but would not mind the drive to save some money. The best quote I got was 46000 for a AWD with tech package

• rohith123rohith123 Member Posts: 3
    Anybody looking for MDX with tech package in NJ? May be we can form a group for negotiating with dealers. You can email me rohith3838 (hotmail). The best quote I got so far was $45824 which includes destination charge
  • iamsaifiamsaif Member Posts: 6

@salukutinaveen said:
    HI Everybody ! My best friend just got his ACURA MDX SH-AWD 2014 TECH package for 46500 OTD (Everything included). Me and him were doing lot of research on this forum here, which helped us a lot. I think this is a very good deal. I read most of the posts, and this was the best deal seems like. He also got a very good trade for his "2007 BMW 328i". Area is Northern VA. Taxes in VA are 4.5%, so the base price must be around $42700 after excluding TTL fees from $46500.

Can you share the dealer name in N. Virginia?

edited December 2013

Heres my details which will help comparing apples to apples. For the base AWD in White with Parchment Leather. I think this format would help the most:

Price from dealer $40,900

Sales Tax $3,688.20 ( based on 9% )

License/reg/doc/misc fees $492.25

Total $45,080.45

• zhiminwenzhiminwen Member Posts: 17

For DFW area buyers, I just finished purchasing a white diamond pearl FWD with TECH for invoice price, $43,993, before TTL. They do charge a doc. fee of $180. For accessories, they offer 10% discount off their list prices (it is an inflated price). I picked up the back-up sensor for $895 and tinted windows for $99.

It was a smooth buying process, as I only started contacting the internet sale manager on Wednesday for a test drive and finished the thing on Friday. Judging by the ease of process, most likely could have gotten a little more off, if I do more back-and-forth. But I am very happy with the price and I am extremely pleased with the performance of the internet sales guy. So don't want to waste any more of my time.

Similarly, didn't brother contacting the other three dealers as I originally planned. They are all long-drive from me and their consumer review ratings on Edmunds.com are not that good. So I doubt they could offer anything better to justify my time and the long drive.

The dealer I worked with is the Plano one. Go to their website, under Dealership -> Meet Out Staff, find internet sales persons. Contact any of them directly.

@zhiminwen said:
    I have been waiting for several months for MDX price to drop somewhat to replace my 03 MDX. I am about to start the process. I have read this forum for the last few months, and there were not even one post on Dallas area MDX price. For DFW area buyers reading this forum, please share some inputs.

I am mostly looking at FWD/TECH. The Edmunds' TMV for this package, $45,718, is still $1700 over invoice. That seems too high compared to the deals going on in other areas. Really appreciate some inputs from recent DFW areas purchases before I start contacting dealers' internet departments.

• mvm9mvm9 Member Posts: 5
    edited December 2013

Any body in DC metro area in the market for AWD Base? Can you please let me know the quotes received so far..

• rohith123rohith123 Member Posts: 3

So far we are two(NY,NJ) who are looking to form a group for negotiating MDX AWD+Tech. Let us know if anybody interested.

edited December 2013

Hi @zhiminwen..I think you got a very good price. I am watching prices on FWD + Tech for a month and 43993 is lowest I have heard in DFW area. Thanks for sharing. Please share driving experience also.

• mvm9mvm9 Member Posts: 5
    @twosecond which dealer gave u that price. If u want to join, mail at mvm.vamsi..gmail.
  • rcjpthrcjpth Member Posts: 3
    edited December 2013

just bought 2014 Acura MDX FWD base (southern California) Out-the-door 44K...not sure if this is the best price but I thought I got a good deal.

• iamsaifiamsaif Member Posts: 6

Today I got MDX AWD Tech Package for $45,000 + tax+ title in Detroit area. Was working on this for 2 month finally got what I was looking for.

• lookingformdxlookingformdx Member Posts: 2

I am looking to buy 2014 Acura MDX FWD with Tech Package. So far the best deal i got is 45300$ ( does not include tax, doc fee, accessories,dmv fees etc).
    Is this a good deal? Thanks for your help

• lookingformdxlookingformdx Member Posts: 2

I am looking to buy 2014 Acura MDX FWD with Tech Package in SFO Bay area. So far the best deal i got is 45300$ ( does not include tax, doc fee, accessories,dmv fees etc). Is this a good deal? Thanks for your help

• rcjpthrcjpth Member Posts: 3

seriously, those posted best deal or better deal like AW> @lookingformdx said:

I am looking to buy 2014 Acura MDX FWD with Tech Package in SFO Bay area. So far the best deal i got is 45300$ ( does not include tax, doc fee, accessories,dmv fees etc). Is this a good deal? Thanks for your help

no I don't think so, that's fair deal. if you got it out the door 46K, it will be the best deal IMO