Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

I spotted a NEW (insert make/model) today!

Comments

• kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 234,725
    Yup.. ;-)

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    edited December 2013
    Spotted in LA, a newer Genesis coupe.

And got a glance at a silver Ferrari blowing by, told my wife "there goes a Ferrari".

She said, "oh, the loud one?".

Plus that Scion xB pickup thing posted over in Mystery Car Pics.

2014 Chevy Camaro convertible.

(our weekend rental car)

• Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Member Posts: 64,481

How'd you like it?

@MrShift@Edmunds said:
    How'd you like it?

It was a fun treat but not something I'd want to live with as a daily driver. Someone like me really doesn't appreciate the neck snapping acceleration or the responsive steering. The seats were comfy but a bit hard to climb into (better than many other sedans though, or, say, a Miata). Heated seats worked well and I loved the heads up display. The controls were mostly intuitive; just had to refer to the owner's manual to operate the top.

• PF_FlyerPF_Flyer Member Posts: 9,372

Those new taillights are not very interesting, reminds of something like a Nissan 240SX...

Interesting coincidence... had a car pull out in front of me last night that I thought was an Altima, but turned out to be a Chevy. Some stylistic "borrowing" going on, or are we heading into another "everything looks the same" era??

Only so many ways to shape an egg I guess.

• fintailfintail Member Posts: 57,072

Tesla in my workplace garage today - not sure who it belongs to or why it was there, as there are no charging stations in the building. There are a few in a nearby building where some of the laughably overpaid C-levels work. Maybe someone was visiting.

• lemkolemko Member Posts: 15,261

Spotted a new silver Impala travelling south on Oxford Avenue in NE Philly. I only wish they'd have made they taillights more "Chevy." The ones on the car look anonymous.

• andys120andys120 Member Posts: 23,363

2 new to me:

I saw a Hyundai Genesis, which may be the first I've seen. It's a good-looking car, if a bit generic in style and it's a nice size perhaps a size bigger than a CaMCord but not really a large automobile like say an S-Class.

The black paint did show a bit of "orange peel" in bright sunlight.

Nearby was parked a new Lexus IS250 with it's radical new grille style.

Needless to say this was very distinctive but actually looks better in the metal than in photos and does offset some of the blandness that has plagued the styling of the IS.

2001 BMW 330ci/E46, 2008 BMW 335i conv/E93

• berriberri Member Posts: 10,165

I was getting an oil change today and the Toyota dealer had new '14 Highlander on the floor. It had just come in. They didn't have any brochures. This one was a grey Limited which included things like cooled seats and blind spot detection for a list of around $42K. To me, it's front end is kind of in your face and the new dash with the long tray is a step down from last years model. It just seemed a bit chintzier, but that's been true of a lot of vehicles over the past few years. However, it seems like a deal because the Explorer's and Lambda's I've seen with these features seemed to be a good 10% higher on the sticker.

Saw an RLX today, might be up to a half dozen sales now.

@fintail said:

I hear it is a fantastic handling car though.

• texasestexases Member Posts: 10,669
    edited December 2013

@MrShift@Edmunds said:

I may have seen one RLX, and I live 2 miles from an Acura dealer...

I think it's one of those cars that is difficult to market properly.

@fintail said:

Definitely a design issue above all else. 4:3 scale Accord priced just below a 5er/E/A6/GS - good luck with that. Will be a good used buy, like the prior RL.

@MrShift@Edmunds said:
    I think it's one of those cars that is difficult to market properly.

• stickguystickguy Member Posts: 50,382

in the wild.

a new Jeep Cherokee. Looked OK from behind, though quite a bit like the first iteration of the Subaru Tribeca. Did not see the front as I was behind it briefly.

2020 Acura RDX tech SH-AWD, 2023 Maverick hybrid Lariat luxury package.

New Encore, not particularly attractive but perhaps less generic looking than most CUVs. It's a whole bunch smaller than an Enclave even if it has a name that's just as dumb. :o

Spotted one of those weird Nissan Murano convertibles on Rhawn near Palmetto in NE Philly.

@lemko said:
    Spotted one of those weird Nissan Murano convertibles on Rhawn near Palmetto in NE Philly.

Like most convertibles, I like the look of it much better with the top down. (not that you can really do that much in NE Philly in Dec:) )

• tjc78tjc78 Member Posts: 15,817

@PFFlyer@Edmunds said:
    Like most convertibles, I like the look of it much better with the top down. (not that you can really do that much in NE Philly in Dec:) )

This weekend that may be a possibility! They are calling for 70 on Sunday. It's crazy.

2023 Mercedes EQE 350 4Matic / 2022 Ram 1500 Bighorn, Built to Serve

Snapping cold right behind that so don't leave the top down too long!

edited December 2013

Caprice Interceptors.... 5 of them convoy style on RT70 in Cherry Hill appeared to be a delivery to some municipality (all were dealer plated). I bet a retired one wouldn't be a bad DD.

Saw a CLA, A7, and Allroad on a transporter today.

Went to the car wash operated by the dealer group where I bought my car (nice perk), saw a couple of CLA there, and an oddity - 2014 E250 Bluetec luxury trim with pano, pearl white. Little old lady driving it, who had the headrests up way too high.
    Stopped by the dealer to get my tires aired up, as my gauge died. Saw a new S-class waiting in the back. Saw another new S-class on the road near home.

Spotted a really nice black Mercedes E-Class wagon on Terwood Road in Huntingdon Valley outside of Philly.

Just a few minutes ago, another new S-class drove by my window - looks like the market is accepting the car, and some people are doing pretty well.

first in the wild that I remember, a new Santa Fe (the "big" 3 row model).

Saw a new Range Rover and a GL63 this morning.

Once I get out of the house today, I'm CERTAIN I'll see some folks who got new rides for Christmas. It always seems to happen right around this time of year :)

Saw a truckload of new Teslas heading north on I5 today between Seattle and Portland, probably bound for Bellevue.

No 'Vettes to see...

I wonder how many of you have seen the 2014 Corvette but I sure haven't. The new Sting Ray represents the most radical design change since the original was released in '63 and frankly I'm at sixes and sevens about the styling based on photos I've seen but then I didn't like the '63 until I saw them in person and I've found over the years that you can't tell from photos if you'll like a car's looks.

I was going by a huge Chebby dealer this weekend so I pulled in to see if they had one. I was told they are sold before they even get there and so,they're all spoken for and leave as soon as they arrive. I was a little nonplussed to find that so many people would buy such an expensive car sight unseen and even more important, undriven. :o

edited December 2013

@andys120 said:
    No 'Vettes to see... I was a little nonplussed to find that so many people would buy such an expensive car sight unseen and even more important, undriven. :o

It's gotten such rave reviews that the 'Vette faithful will buy it up, and those waiting for a 'Vette with good seats will, too... ;)

edited December 2013

I've seen two. I think it's a nice update, kind of exotic looking - which it needs to be IMO.

@andys120 said:
    No 'Vettes to see...

I wonder how many of you have seen the 2014 Corvette but I sure haven't. The new Sting Ray represents the most radical design change since the original was released in '63 and frankly I'm at sixes and sevens about the styling based on photos I've seen but then I didn't like the '63 until I saw them in person and I've found over the years that you can't tell from photos if you'll like a car's looks.

Saw a new Kia Soul today... with an off center racing stripe, white side mirrors, and white wheels. No hamsters

• kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 234,725

I saw a truckload of new Vettes awhile back.. all had those ugly chrome wheels. Last Sunday, saw one parked on a downtown street.. nice silver wheels and a color that was pretty close to BRG.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

It had to happen - saw a Caddy XTS this morning...with a vinyl roof. Whole 9 yards, the strip with the fake snaps for the non-existent cover...

@texases said:
    It had to happen - saw a Caddy XTS this morning...with a vinyl roof. Whole 9 yards, the strip with the fake snaps for the non-existent cover...

I've seen one like that, a CTS done the same way too. It just doesn't work on new cars. My 04 Grand Marquis has a full cloth roof, but on a geezer car like that it's acceptable, lol.

• MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 239,555

OK folks, I know I must have been hallucinating when I saw this on I-25 the other day.

A three door Audi A3. Had dealer plates on it. I know they weren't sold here in the US; Canadian maybe?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

Not in Canuckistan that I know of. I think it exists in Mexico.

I do know of a first gen A3 3 door that was running around in NW WA back around 2001 or so.

@Michaell@Edmunds said:
    OK folks, I know I must have been hallucinating when I saw this on I-25 the other day.

A three door Audi A3. Had dealer plates on it. I know they weren't sold here in the US; Canadian maybe?

• uplanderguyuplanderguy Member Posts: 16,026
    edited December 2013

My dealer has a screaming yellow C7. It was built in July and is not for sale according to a salesman; it's there for demonstrations and to take orders. I despise the color, but I like the car. I'm still accustomed to round lights on a Corvette, but I could enjoy one...won't happen for a looonnnnggggg time. Funny, I'm not a fan of the styling of C2 Sting Rays--especially not the split window (let's take something that's hard to see out of and make it even worse!), but I like the '14, overall.

Not new, but hilarious - local Lexus dealer has a Sprinter van for parts duty. A lot of these, of course, have MB emblems and grilles installed. So what does Lexus do? Puts a Lexus badge on it. Does the "L" stand for lame?

• robr2robr2 Member Posts: 8,805

@fintail said:
    Not new, but hilarious - local Lexus dealer has a Sprinter van for parts duty. A lot of these, of course, have MB emblems and grilles installed. So what does Lexus do? Puts a Lexus badge on it. Does the "L" stand for lame?

Yes the "L" seems lame to those of us who know. But the vast unwashed car owning masses have not a clue.

I spotted a new Impala parked, got a good look at it. Though I consider silver an unflattering color, the new Impala wore it well. It's a big car, almost Crown Vic size and good-looking overall but I think some of the side detailing is fussy in the same way as a Sonata. No doubt it will sell well, it's a huge improvement over the previous Impala.

• uplanderguyuplanderguy Member Posts: 16,026

I like the new Impala a lot and it's what I'd be driving if I were buying a car now. I thought right away that the dip in the rear door would be a controversial styling point, but I think they're trying to 'nod' to the '65-68 dip in about the same place.

Good point. I am sure it could fool the typical RX driver B)

Speaking of Lexus, saw a new sport package model parked on the street near me. The styling is not growing on me.

@robr2 said:

A co-worker just bought a new silver Cadillac ATS this past weekend. It has a black leather interior and the turbo four engine.

@lemko said:
    A co-worker just bought a new silver Cadillac ATS this past weekend. It has a black leather interior and the turbo four engine.

Twinges of new car envy? :p

New Fiat 500 4 door centipede model in the workplace parking garage.

@fintail said:
    New Fiat 500 4 door centipede model in the workplace parking garage.

I saw my first one on the road recently. An odd duck. Car and driver just did a review and ripped it good.