Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Dear Santa

Karen_SKaren_S Member Posts: 5,092
What vehicle would you like to see setting in your drive with a big red bow come Christmas morn?

Me? I must be getting old cause I'm ready to give up the Forester stick shift and move to an automatic anything. Even though my hubby tells me that thieves steer clear of standard transmission vehicles because they don't know how to operate them. As if I frequently go to high crime areas. Still pondering, though. The Subie is paid for and is in great condition. Since we're still paying on my husband's truck, not really wanting to take on another payment, but I can dream, can't I?

Go ahead and laugh, but this little number appeals to me. Not as dog friendly as the Forester, but one of our dogs (Ms. Barfola) doesn't travel well anyway.

Fess up! What silly, ridiculously impractical vehicle are you pining for?
Tagged:

Comments

• fintailfintail Member Posts: 57,143
    I am happy with my daily car, and I already have a silly impractical half century old car, so I thik I'd like a nice motorcycle that is not too big but not too small, and some nice sparsely populated roads with attentive first world drivers. That last part is a pipe dream in my neck of the woods, so I doubt Santa will deliver.
  • au1994au1994 Member Posts: 3,381
    Dear Santa,

Please bring me hydraulic steering to replace the electronic unit in my F30. I like a little feedback when I drive, safely and within the legal limits of course.

thanks,

au1994

2021 Jeep Wrangler Sahara 4xe Granite Crystal over Saddle
    2024 Audi Q5 Premium Plus Daytona Gray over Beige
    2017 BMW X1 Jet Black over Mocha

• MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,042
    Wow - where to begin?

I just picked up an Elantra GT as a new daily driver - well, pizza hauler since I work from home.

Earlier this year, I was lucky enough to drive a Ferrari on a local race track, and found that I really liked it and want more.

So, if I could ask Santa for something to put under the tree, it would be some sort of track day car, and enough money to keep it in tires and maintenance for the next year. Not new - maybe a few years old so I wouldn't feel guilty about flogging it around.

C6 Corvette, perhaps? That would be nice.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• anythngbutgmanythngbutgm Member Posts: 4,277
    edited December 2013

I'll be thankful if I just get another year of good health tho... :)
  • anythngbutgmanythngbutgm Member Posts: 4,277
    Whoa Baby!

:shades:
  • berriberri Member Posts: 10,165
    I'll take a pristine classic like a 57 Chrysler 300 or Desoto Adventurer convertible or maybe a Gulfstream - whoops, talking cars here :-)
  • lemkolemko Member Posts: 15,261
    Heck, all I want is my 1989 Cadillac Brougham back together as it was before the incident on October 20th!
  • roadburnerroadburner Member Posts: 17,349
    Old: I'd like my 1988 M6 back- with the euro exhaust and Dinan chip )ver 300 bhp at the crank.

New:
    (Dream) E92 M3 ZCP
    (Reality) Fiesta ST/500 Abarth

Mine: 1995 318ti Club Sport; 2020 C43; 2021 Sahara 4xe 1996 Speed Triple Challenge Cup Replica Wife's: 2015 X1 xDrive28i Son's: 2009 328i; 2018 330i xDrive

• au1994au1994 Member Posts: 3,381
    I'd like that M6 too!

2021 Jeep Wrangler Sahara 4xe Granite Crystal over Saddle
    2024 Audi Q5 Premium Plus Daytona Gray over Beige
    2017 BMW X1 Jet Black over Mocha

It'll be close. You needed new tires anyway ;)
  • hpmctorquehpmctorque Member Posts: 4,600
    It would be a toss-up between a C7 and a Cayman, so a C7 this year and a Cayman next, or visa-versa, would work just fine for me.

If I could only have a car of my dreams for one day it would be a Ferrari, for sure, but not for a year. Too conspicuous for my blood.
  • jipsterjipster Member Posts: 6,244
    Forget the car. I need a PlayStation 4!
    2020 Honda Accord EX-L, 2011 Hyundai Veracruz, 2010 Mercury Milan Premiere, 2007 Kia Optima
  • ray80ray80 Member Posts: 1,655
    Usual suspects, Camaro, Mustang or perhaps a wrangler . Have to be a stick of course
  • PF_FlyerPF_Flyer Member Posts: 9,372

@ray80 said:
    Usual suspects, Camaro, Mustang or perhaps a wrangler . Have to be a stick of course

Yea, Santa. whatever it is, it HAS to have something for my left foot to do!

...and since we're going to need to get a third car for the last kid (and she probably gets the wife's Versa) maybe I should ask for a new Versa Note

(I made some good cookies this year Santa)

• MarkHolthoffMarkHolthoff Member Posts: 101

Just one of these, please -- plus a full-time mechanic to go with it!

So, did anybody score a BIG one from Santa??

• ray80ray80 Member Posts: 1,655

@PFFlyer@Edmunds said:
    So, did anybody score a BIG one from Santa??

Maybe next year

Yea, I think Santa knew that there's a new car purchase in my near-future and STILL didn't drop off anything in the driveway. :'(

I forgot to ask for logical and efficient local traffic controls.

@fintail said:
    I forgot to ask for logical and efficient local traffic controls.

That may be above Santa's pay grade

Even Santa couldn't afford those pensions, I'm sure.
    Bah