Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Well what the hell is this....

fufordfuford Member Posts: 2
edited December 2013 in Nissan

So, im Driving back from my Family's homestead this evening (08 Versa with57k miles and mostly babied ) and, well the stupidest thing ive ever seen happened, no check engine light or anything on and the car suddenly stops accelerating from being at a complete stop until you mash the gas for about 5-10 seconds, and then it jumps from around 1k rpm at idle to 3.5k and then when it hits 40mph or so it just stalls there until the rpm eventually dies down and the car accelerates fine and drives fine after that, or it was until i got back to town. now every time you mash the gas it doesnt do anything for about 5 seconds. Im starting to feel like i should of just bought a Ford..at least when they [non-permissible content removed] up you know whats causing it.....

Comments

• fufordfuford Member Posts: 2

Just Wondering if any one has experienced this before... Check Engine light is not on at all either

• flavifeflavife Member Posts: 20

A malfunctioning brake light switch may cause this if the switch is stuck on.

Frank 2009 Versa S sedan MT-6 with 51200 miles

• nissan_tech1nissan_tech1 Member Posts: 16

@fuford said:
    So, im Driving back from my Family's homestead this evening (08 Versa with57k miles and mostly babied ) and, well the stupidest thing ive ever seen happened, no check engine light or anything on and the car suddenly stops accelerating from being at a complete stop until you mash the gas for about 5-10 seconds, and then it jumps from around 1k rpm at idle to 3.5k and then when it hits 40mph or so it just stalls there until the rpm eventually dies down and the car accelerates fine and drives fine after that, or it was until i got back to town. now every time you mash the gas it doesnt do anything for about 5 seconds. Im starting to feel like i should of just bought a Ford..at least when they [non-permissible content removed] up you know whats causing it.....
    @fuford said:

sounds like an issue with the CVT, cvt s are covered for 120k miles. take it to ur local nissan dealer