Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier BMW 3-Series Prices Paid and Buying Experience

1232233234235236238»

Comments

• konacougkonacoug Member Posts: 196

There are always new incentives, changes in residual and money factors. The January deals should be out either today or tomorrow. You are correct for some reason NY does not allow for MSD's...I would guess that the law makers thought they were protecting the citizens from some sort of unfair lending requirements. I have heard of lots of people leasing in NJ, the only negative I have heard is the dealer doc fee is high.....

• icingsicings Member Posts: 20
    edited January 2014

Dealers in NJ like to use 299 as their typical doc fee.

• nycviperbangznycviperbangz Member Posts: 1
    Does anyone have a good Client advisor in NJ that would give a fair lease?
  • rlonginorlongino Member Posts: 1

Paid $6000 below invoice for 335i MSport, then got $500 incentive, but paid high Fla doc fee of $460. Overall a great deal, for 2013 leftover with 25 miles.

@konacoug said:
    There are always new incentives, changes in residual and money factors. The January deals should be out either today or tomorrow. You are correct for some reason NY does not allow for MSD's...I would guess that the law makers thought they were protecting the citizens from some sort of unfair lending requirements. I have heard of lots of people leasing in NJ, the only negative I have heard is the dealer doc fee is high.....

konacoug, you are correct. I got a quote from a Jersey dealer and the doc fee is 359. In nyc it is like 80.
    does this deal sound good?
    Monthly payment is $329 + nyc tax.
    36 months and 10k
    MSRP $39925
    Cap Cost (dealer didn't tell me)
    Residual 65%
    Acq Fee $725
    Doc Fee $359
    DMV Fee $350 (whatever is left over will be refunded to me).
    7 MSD $2450 (refundable at lease end)
    MF .00081 which is about 1.94%

Sales tax is the part I'm not getting clarity from the dealer.
    Sales tax should only be on the depreciation only.
    do they charge sales tax on MSD, acq fee?
    Doc fee and DMV fee are definitely not taxable.

icings: There should not be sales tax on the Acquisition fee or the MSD's. The cap fee or selling fee is kind of important...I used the Edmunds lease calculator, with a selling price of $37,300, giving you $1250 in rebates/incentives, with $1500 down to cover drive offs, without tax, I get $329 per month. So...the question for me is , how much besides the MSD's are you putting into the deal and what is the selling price? The dealer should definitely be disclosing to you the selling price.

• steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454

Please help launch our new Facebook tab and be one of the first to share your car shopping experience.

• kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,760

@konacoug said:
    icings: There should not be sales tax on the Acquisition fee or the MSD's. The cap fee or selling fee is kind of important...I used the Edmunds lease calculator, with a selling price of $37,300, giving you $1250 in rebates/incentives, with $1500 down to cover drive offs, without tax, I get $329 per month. So...the question for me is , how much besides the MSD's are you putting into the deal and what is the selling price? The dealer should definitely be disclosing to you the selling price.

In most states, the acquisition fee is taxed..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

edited January 2014

@konacoug said:

Thanks konacoug. I skipped the dealer that was beating around the bush. I found another dealer that was clear on everything. A based 328xi GT for $399 a month. MSRP $45025, cap cost 39865. This is 30K 36 months lease.
    Drive off is $1400 (acq, doc, DMV) + $1240 sales tax + $2800 MSD.
    looks ok?

• joe642joe642 Member Posts: 1

@zorahadic said:
    Can anyone tell me what the money factor and residuals are for 36 month 10,000 miles/year
    of 2014 328xi and 335xi? Thanks so much

Last info I got was .00125 (then .00111 with MSD), and 60-62%. (335xi)

@icings said:
    looks ok?

I think it looks pretty good....you stepped up to the 328xi, a lot more car than your previous one you were looking at. Good luck with your new ride!

• sunny48sunny48 Member Posts: 24

icings - I am actually interested in the GT, but will be ordering one to get everything my kids want on it. May I ask what dealer you used in NJ? I am willing to go within the Tri-state area.

• gab428gab428 Member Posts: 9

Hi - does anyone know the current residual and MF for a 36 mos lease on a 335 with 15k miles? Also, does BMW do higher mileage leases and if so, what the residual would be for 17.5k miles (or would I just have to buy those miles @ .16 per)? Thanks in advance for your help.

• kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,760

.00130 MF and 57% residual

There is no higher mileage tier. You can pay for miles @0.15/ea. upfront, @0.16/ea. later in the lease, or @0.20/ea. at lease end.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• tirath5utirath5u Member Posts: 5

Hi- I am new here but have been following a lot of thread on this forum and I'm looking to contribute in way I can. So will start off with my question: I am looking to buy a CPO 2012 BMW 328i Convertible it has 8710 miles on it and clean CarFax report with only one owner.
    It has the following options:

• Premium package
    • Navigation with voice
    • Harman Kardon Music system
    • dynamic Cruise Control,
    • BMW Assist with Bluetooth
    • BMW Teleservices
    • iPod and USP adapter
    • Automatic Climate Control
    • Voice Command
    • Real Time Traffic Information
    • Run-Flat tires.

The car is only sale for $36,888. I like the features and the mileage and kind off really want this car. Is there room for negotiation on the price? I checked Edmunds TMV, Truecar, KBB it says the car is valued at 41K with this configuration and mileage. This is in Florida. Please let me know if you guys think this is a good deal and if I can negotiate to bring the price down.

thanks

tirath

• jicbulkjicbulk Member Posts: 25

2014 328xi is in my garage:

$49,975 Sticker
    $43,522 Sales Price
    61% Residual - $30,485
    $500 down + $4,234 Trade Equity ($11,500 and I owed $7,266 on my '07 328i Sport RWD 6spd Manual)
    $358/mo.

2014 328xi
    Sport Line
    Premium
    Cold Weather
    Paddle Shifters
    Navigation

This car is Incredible.

• gf2020gf2020 Member Posts: 49
    edited March 2014

This is for a 3 year lease, I presume?

Nice looking car. Looks like you are at Tulley.

@jicbulk said:
    2014 328xi is in my garage:

$49,975 Sticker
    $43,522 Sales Price
    61% Residual - $30,485
    $500 down + $4,234 Trade Equity ($11,500 and I owed $7,266 on my '07 328i Sport RWD 6spd Manual)
    $358/mo.

2014 328xi
    Sport Line
    Premium
    Cold Weather
    Paddle Shifters
    Navigation

• danbeaudanbeau Member Posts: 11

Just picked up my CPO 2012 328i sedan.

Luxury line
    Premium package
    Technology package