Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Are you a recent new-car buyer who had a trade-in with negative equity (that is, the amount you still owed on your auto loan was greater than the car's value)?

A reporter from a national publication would like to speak with you; please reach out to PR@edmunds.com by Wednesday, March 27 for more details.

Ford Explorer Lease Questions

Comments

• sahil908sahil908 Member Posts: 60

Hi, Can someone please provide MF and residual on the Explorer XLT with 201A package only? I am trying to weigh leather vs cloth.

Also, am i correct in assuming money factor of 0.75%, and a residual of 56% for 36mo, 12K/yr lease for XLT with 202A package? Thanks!

• sahil908sahil908 Member Posts: 60

kyfdx, Like always, appreciate your help. Can you please respond t my earlier post when you get a chance! Thanks in advance!

• pstallinpstallin Member Posts: 4

Can anyone please help with current MF and Residual for a 2014 Ford Explorer with 302A package? 12K miles per year.

• pstallinpstallin Member Posts: 4

Never mind folks. Changed my mind on this one. Going with the Buick Enclave instead. Good luck to everyone in their future purchases.

• mook12mook12 Member Posts: 61

Can anyone tell me if this a good deal. I'm looking at a xlt 14 with a lot of options. Msrp $41800 I got $2750 in rebates just first payment out of pocket and $487 a month 36 months 10500miles. I wish it had the captains seats but only in a limited model and they told me I would be in mid to high 500$ I still have time so if anyone can share their thoughts I really appreciate it thanks.

• kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,111

@pstallin said:
    I am looking to lease a 2014 Ford Explorer Limited here in California. I want the car fully loaded and MSRP is around $45650. I have contacted one dealer in the area and he gave me quotes of money factor = 0.5 and Residual of 51% on 36 month lease with 12K per year mileage. There is currently a $1750 rebate for leases on this car.

This seems like a horrible deal! I;ve been reading consistently on this forum of MF's of .75, and residuals in the 55-60% range.

Any advice why my quotes are so bad?

The MF is 0.50%, not 0.5. Ford Credit expresses their money factors in APRs, and that one is cheap. If that is the FWD model, then the 51% residual is correct.

kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

@sahil908 said:
    Hi, Can someone please provide MF and residual on the Explorer XLT with 201A package only? I am trying to weigh leather vs cloth.

Also, am i correct in assuming money factor of 0.75%, and a residual of 56% for 36mo, 12K/yr lease for XLT with 202A package? Thanks!

2014 Explorer XLT 4WD 36mo, 12K/yr lease

0.50% MF and 54% residual

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• edamonedamon Member Posts: 22

Hi, before I call the dealership (and then have a stalker calling me every other day, lol), as there is another vehicle I'm considering, all a matter of which one is going to lease better.

So does anyone know what the current residual and money factor is for a Ford Explorer Sport currently (Jan 2014)? Have a 2011 edge limited about to come off lease in March, but they'll eat the last few payments - especially since the car only has 14,500 miles on it (they want it for the lot).

So looking for the residual/money factor on a 2014 Explorer Sport on a 36 mo/10,500 mile/yr lease. The 10,500 should give it a +2 residual bump from the 15K you see quoted often.

Can be either from Ford Motor Credit (have a corporate account) and/or US Bank which is often more competitive.

Thanks in advanced, I appreciate it.

-d

• edamonedamon Member Posts: 22

@kyfdx@Edmunds said:
    0.50% MF and 54% residual

When you say .50% -- Ford tends to use interest rates vs. traditional money factors (interchangeable of course). So I'm assuming that's .5% interest rate (very, very health) or 00028 MF.

(easier for me to calculate a lease w/traditional money factors).

Do you know if that's residual you listed for XLT is the same for the 2014 Explorer Sport? the 54% residual noted? (which would be 57% on a 10.5K mile lease, not bad, not great either).

thanks,
    d

The residual for the Sport model, for 36mo, 10.5K/yr lease is 56%

And, yes... the 0.5% is 1/2 percent... so, divide by 24 and use the resulting money factor. Your calculation won't be exact, but will be within a dollar or two... (around .00021)

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• jbrabhamjbrabham Member Posts: 13

kyfdx, can you please give me the current MF and residual for an explorer sport 10.5k miles 36 months? thx

@jbrabham said:
    kyfdx, can you please give me the current MF and residual for an explorer sport 10.5k miles 36 months? thx

0.50% MF and 56% residual.

$1750 lease cash and $500 loyalty cash for current lessees.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• slreyesslreyes Member Posts: 1

I was offered a lease for 36/12,000 $403 monthly with $1500 down for a Explorer XLT MSRP 36,695 can I do better?

• kevnloftkevnloft Member Posts: 4

Hi kyfdx! Can you please provide me with the current MF and Residual on a 2014 Explorer Limited, All Wheel Drive, 15k miles and 36 month? Thanks!

@kevnloft said:
    Hi kyfdx! Can you please provide me with the current MF and Residual on a 2014 Explorer Limited, All Wheel Drive, 15k miles and 36 month? Thanks!

0.50% MF and 50% residual. $1750 lease cash.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• jbrabhamjbrabham Member Posts: 13

Thanks for your help kyfdx.

for others, I leased a 14 sport w/ 401A for 430/month pre tax. I got $1750 lease incentive, $1000 competitive lease win, $750 Ford coupon (got by email) and true car discount.

Congrats on the new Explorer!

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Sopierce1Sopierce1 Member Posts: 25
    Can anyone provide the mf and residual for a 2014 explorer limited for 12k a year and 36 months? Thanks for any help!

@Sopierce1 said:
    Can anyone provide the mf and residual for a 2014 explorer limited for 12k a year and 36 months? Thanks for any help!

0.50% MF and 52% residual. $1750 lease cash. Subtract 1% for 2WD.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• scott280scott280 Member Posts: 13

I just negotiated the following on a 2014 Explorer XLT - 202A Package, Dual Panel Moonroof, all-weather mats, and rear bumper protector. MSRP - $40,185 - Selling Price $38,922. $2,750 in rebates - 3 years @ 16,500 miles per year - No money down , first month and registration fees at pickup - .5% money factor, 51% residual - $489.41 per month (includes 7% sales tax). Is this good???

• sho220zsho220z Member Posts: 11

Hi folks
    Looking for MF and Residual for a 2014 Explorer Sport. 36 mo, 15K per year.

Also, can you advise what rebates (and lease cash) are available?

@sho220z said:
    Hi folks
    Looking for MF and Residual for a 2014 Explorer Sport. 36 mo, 15K per year.

Also, can you advise what rebates (and lease cash) are available?

0.50% MF and 53% residual. $1750 lease cash

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• tchaitchai Member Posts: 2

Can you please share what dealership u went to or a zip code ??

@jbrabham said:
    Thanks for your help kyfdx.

for others, I leased a 14 sport w/ 401A for 430/month pre tax. I got $1750 lease incentive, $1000 competitive lease win, $750 Ford coupon (got by email) and true car discount.

• edgy99edgy99 Member Posts: 53

Hi all. Just starting my research -- why is the money factor so much higher for Ford? Thanks in advance.

@edgy99 said:
    Hi all. Just starting my research -- why is the money factor so much higher for Ford? Thanks in advance.

Ford uses percentages, rather than true money factors... 0.50% is equivalent to .00021. That's very low..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• alansufialansufi Member Posts: 18

Hi!,

What are the figures for an XLT Awd, 36m/12k lease in the Boston, MA area?

@alansufi said:
    Hi!,

What are the figures for an XLT Awd, 36m/12k lease in the Boston, MA area?

0.50% MF and 54% residual. $1750 lease cash

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• lavaclavac Member Posts: 6

Hi, what are the figures for a 2014 Ford Explorer Limited 4WD 36m/12k lease.

@lavac said:
    Hi, what are the figures for a 2014 Ford Explorer Limited 4WD 36m/12k lease.

0.50% MF and 52% residual. $1750 lease cash

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• lavaclavac Member Posts: 6

Thank you for your help.

• jagrcojagrco Member Posts: 16

HI.What is the residual and MF for the 2014 Explorer sport. 36 mont lease 12k per year. Additionally, I know that the sales tax is added in at the end but is the excise tax in MA added in as well. I was just quoted but I was surprised when the dealer said that the excise tax is also included in the lease payment along with the sales tax.

• MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 240,001

@jagrco said:
    HI.What is the residual and MF for the 2014 Explorer sport. 36 mont lease 12k per year. Additionally, I know that the sales tax is added in at the end but is the excise tax in MA added in as well. I was just quoted but I was surprised when the dealer said that the excise tax is also included in the lease payment along with the sales tax.

36 month MF is .50% , residual is 55% and there is $1750 of lease cash available

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• bigblockc3bigblockc3 Member Posts: 141

Hello and thank you for providing an invaluable service! Edmunds is the #1 consumer authority in this segment (Thank you)! I am NOT at all familiar with Ford Leasing. Can you please advise of calculation to convert a Ford Lease percentage rate to the actual Money Factor? We're looking at a Ford Explorer Sport, LTD & XLT with AWD/4WD. Looking for a 10,500 mile allowance or less for 36 months. Can you please provide MFs, Residuals, available lease cash and rebates? *Are they the same for each trim level? Additionally, are you able to provide actual Hold Back percentage? Best Regards, George & Christine

Hi, I had asked earlier about the MF and residual for a 2014 explorer sport 3yr 36k miles. What is the MF and residual for 3yr 15k per year.
    additionally it appears that there are a few incentives as well.
    when figuring out the cap cost, are those incentives deducted after the negotiated purchase price? Thanks

@bigblockc3 said:
    Hello and thank you for providing an invaluable service! Edmunds is the #1 consumer authority in this segment (Thank you)! I am NOT at all familiar with Ford Leasing. Can you please advise of calculation to convert a Ford Lease percentage rate to the actual Money Factor? We're looking at a Ford Explorer Sport, LTD & XLT with AWD/4WD. Looking for a 10,500 mile allowance or less for 36 months. Can you please provide MFs, Residuals, available lease cash and rebates? *Are they the same for each trim level? Additionally, are you able to provide actual Hold Back percentage? Best Regards, George & Christine

0.50% MF and residuals of 55%/52%/54%, respectively. $2250 lease cash

To convert to a money factor, divide 0.50 by 2400

You can find holdback percentages under the Car Research tab, above.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

@jagrco said:
    Hi, I had asked earlier about the MF and residual for a 2014 explorer sport 3yr 36k miles. What is the MF and residual for 3yr 15k per year.
    additionally it appears that there are a few incentives as well.
    when figuring out the cap cost, are those incentives deducted after the negotiated purchase price? Thanks

0.50% MF and 52% residual. $2250 lease cash.

You and the dealer have to make clear whether you are including incentives in your negotiations.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Thanks. Is the lease cash for any mileage?? 10k,12k,15k??

@jagrco said:
    Thanks. Is the lease cash for any mileage?? 10k,12k,15k??

Yes

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

• bigblockc3bigblockc3 Member Posts: 141

Thanks Michael... The Holdback quotes may not be accurate? For instance, I just leased a Mercedes Benz E-350. Bare-bones deal... Three (3) dealers were competing for the deal. Each quoted 5% holdback NOT 1% as disclosed at the tab... Just an FYI... Thanks! George

• amgrouchy1amgrouchy1 Member Posts: 17

I'm in LA and about to get a new explorer sport. lease on my limited is up. what is the residual and mf for a 3 year 10k mile per year lease? also what other incentives should i look for considering i am a current ford finance customer with excellent credit and payment history?

@amgrouchy1 said:
    I'm in LA and about to get a new explorer sport. lease on my limited is up. what is the residual and mf for a 3 year 10k mile per year lease? also what other incentives should i look for considering i am a current ford finance customer with excellent credit and payment history?

0.50% MF and 55% residual. $2250 lease cash.

There may be other incentives for returning customers, but I don't have that information.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• certpharmt15certpharmt15 Member Posts: 40
    Looking for MF and residual for 2014 Limited for 24 months and 19,500 miles per year.

@certpharmt15 said:
    Looking for MF and residual for 2014 Limited for 24 months and 19,500 miles per year.

4X4? 0.25% MF and 56% residual. $2250 lease cash

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• irap2irap2 Member Posts: 1

Hello. I am looking at a 2014 Explorer XLT AWD. Lease terms are 36 month / 15k per year. Can you please tell me the residual & MF? The dealer I am working with is quoting 50% (in NJ) but other dealers (in NY) have quoted 51%. Trying to figure out what's going on. Do residuals vary by the state that the dealer is in? Can dealers change the residual %?

THANKS!!

• certpharmt15certpharmt15 Member Posts: 40
    edited April 2014
    @kyfdx@Edmunds‌

Fwd not Awd

@irap2 said:
    Hello. I am looking at a 2014 Explorer XLT AWD. Lease terms are 36 month / 15k per year. Can you please tell me the residual & MF? The dealer I am working with is quoting 50% (in NJ) but other dealers (in NY) have quoted 51%. Trying to figure out what's going on. Do residuals vary by the state that the dealer is in? Can dealers change the residual %?

THANKS!!

We show 51% residual from Ford Credit and .5% money factor.

Your dealer may be offering a lease from a different finance company, hence the different residual. Residual values do not differ by state.

Dealers cannot modify the residual.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

@certpharmt15 said:

@certpharmt15 said:
    kyfdx@Edmunds‌

Fwd not Awd

Subtract 1% from residual for FWD

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• scott280scott280 Member Posts: 13

What is the residual for an XLT 4WD - 36 months - 16,500 per year?

@scott280 said:
    What is the residual for an XLT 4WD - 36 months - 16,500 per year?

50%

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• thebrub311thebrub311 Member Posts: 1

Denver, CO. 2014 4X4 Explorer LTD Lease - 12,000 miles / Year - 36 months - $47,084 (Tax / Tags Included) - Quoted $552.90 / Month, with $4,000 down. Residual value @ $24,092. Is this a good deal? What is the money factor for April for +730 credit.

This discussion has been closed.