Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Ford Mustang Owners - Meet the Members

2»

Comments

• euphoniumeuphonium Member Posts: 3,425
    1966 Mustang GT (factory) Coupe
    Ivy Green Metallic.
    Ivy Gold Pony Interior.
    289 c.i. 4 bbl. V-8 engine, = 225 h.p.
    Pertronix Igniter (electronic ignition).
    Flowmaster Delta 50 mufflers
    Cruise-O-Matic (Dual Range).
    Power steering . Disc brakes, front.
    Halogen lights, front and rear.
    Aviation lights in the grill.
    Black walnut steering wheel.
    AMFM Cassette radio, Alpine rear speakers .
    Locking glove box.

Owned since 4,900 miles and May ’67.

Restored Oct. ‘95 & driven 13,000 miles since.

Original & Total Miles, 135,000.

In the NW, it is a Trophy taker in Peoples Choice. First, Bellevue this year. ;):)
  • papasam1papasam1 Member Posts: 84
    Well there are us mustang lovers out here but not many of us can say our cars are in the condition yours is in and have had it as long as you. It looks very close to stock. I send you a high-five for the effort you have put into your very nice stang ;) . The best of the best. Now all you need do now is teach a younger girl or boy as long as we pass on the legacy. I have willed my 1970 fast back to my grandson, I have already gotten my son and daughter in up to there eye balls.
  • JostJost Member Posts: 19
    Your car sounds great! As stated above I congratulate you on the work you've put into this great car!! Those early GT's we're simply the best ( in my opinion) and you clearly had foresite in keeping that car. So many of us ( self included) have lived with the mistake of selling our early Mustangs.. and of course other great cars.
  • djm2djm2 Member Posts: 712
    Hi All:

I am planning to go to the New York Auto Show to look at the 2011 V6 Mustang! If it is comfortable, I just might order one! ---- Any opinions???????

Best regards. ------------ Dwayne :shades: ;):)
  • maryawmaryaw Member Posts: 22
    Hi Dwayne,
    I drive my late father's 2000 Mustang V-6. I don't know how the size of the 2011 engine compares, but the V-6 in mine is quite large and has plenty of spunk for the kind of driving I do. I drive a lot of two-lane state roads and interstates. A V-8 would just cost more in gas when a lot of the time I'm just cruising at highway speed. As for comfortable, I'm sure it will wrap you in comfort!!!

Enjoy the show! :)
    Mary
  • djm2djm2 Member Posts: 712
    Hi Mary:

The 2011 Mustang, that I am interested in has a 3.7 V6 305HP engine, and a six speed automatic transmission. ---- The vehicle comes with dual exhaust and the engine has double overhead camshafts, four valves per cylinder, an alloy block & heads, variable valve timing, a 5 quart oil capacity and a 6850 rpm redline! What is really "cool," is that this vehicle can get 30mpg on the highway! ---- In addition, I have a friend who owns a sign business, and he can make all the graphics of the GT 350 Shelby. The only thing that would give this vehicle away, would be the placement of the exhaust. The Shelby has the exhaust exit in the center of the vehicle. But most people would not "pick up" on this detail on the road. ---- It would be a "fun vehicle" to drive on the road. ---- I would like this vehicle in white with the blue Shelby graphics. ----- Now, if the "V6 dual exhaust system" has the Mustang's exhaust "deep rumble" out of the box, the picture would be complete! ---- I would purchase this vehicle with a 6 speed stick, but my wife cannot drive "stick!" --- I drove stick shift cars in the 60's, and this would be great, but you cannot have everything!

Best regards! ----------- Dwayne :shades: ;):)
  • akirbyakirby Member Posts: 8,062
    That's exactly what I would buy - except it would be a convertible with a stick because it would not be a daily driver. Go for it!
  • jlcjlc Member Posts: 30
    Hey Ladies and Gents, I couldn't agree more with your choice of the 2011 V6. From the press and other car sites it sounds like a winner. I am looking to get the convertable seeing how the weather on the coast is made for it. The problem I have is picking a color. I like the candy apple with a tan top and maybe silver or off white graphics. Of course I have to sell it to the wife. Good luck with your pick Dwayne.

Joe
  • maryawmaryaw Member Posts: 22
    WOW - I like your choice of colors. I'd like a white/blue or a blue/white combo. My V-6 is a 3.8. The 2000 brochure states the V-6 only puts out 190 HP. I find that a little hard to believe. The exhaust tone is pretty good - I think it sounds HOT going down the road! Sorry your wife can't drive a stick. I drove a stick all my life (I am almost 54 yo) and preferred the control it gives, but middle age, arthritis, and accidents have caused me to go to an automatic. My husband has a 5 speed Ford ZX2, which I drive once in a while, but the old joints prefer automatic. At least it's still a Mustang, dude!!!
    Mary :) Oh yes, my Mustang is Performance Red - not a common color!
  • carnutinpacarnutinpa Member Posts: 3
    We gotta get FORD to offer a hard top convertible option along with the soft top. How do we get the message to them? I'd buy one immediately if they had it! HELP MOVE THIS ALONG!
    Too heavy and too complicated and too expensive.
    We're in the 21st century...bmw, volvo and even Chrysler figured it out. I got cash...don't care if I lose .5 seconds to 0-60
    Who said they couldn't figure it out? Have you priced out a BMW or Volvo hard top convertible? The Sebring hard top convertible is $8K more than the comparable sedan.

It's not a question of whether YOU would pay for it - it's a question of whether all mustang ragtop buyers would be willing to pay more for it and most would not, therefore it would not be a wise business investment for Ford.

It would fit nicely on a Lincoln coupe if they ever build one, but not on a mustang.
    It's $5k more for hard top versus cloth in the sebring...water tight, more secure, year round crusing, quieter...etc...can't wait till Ford sees the light....like Audi, Volkwagen,etc. I'll write a check immediately.
  • jlcjlc Member Posts: 30
    FYI, I do remember back in late 50 or early 60ties Ford had a hard top. I belive it was the Sunliner. I think it's a matter of time before you see HT Stang. I too would buy it on the spot for the reasons mentioned. Didn't Mazda just do it with the Miata? It only added 65 lbs. I think.

Joe
  • bontonbonton Member Posts: 2
    Im new to this forem, but I do have a 1972 Mustang Coupe. It is very primitive and needing restored. I'd love any input on where to even begin.
  • papasam1papasam1 Member Posts: 84
    what type of restoring do you have in mine, I have just finished well close any way and it took about 14K and two years
  • JostJost Member Posts: 19

maybe, just maybe those who want a Mustang Convertible do not want a hardtop convertible. There is something to be said about a convertible being just that. Part of the experience is that cloth top. The Mustang has the loyalty and following that it does by staying true to its roots, not by being something else. Also, this may be trivia to some but as I saw in a earlier post, Ford did figure out how to make a hardtop conv. It was in the mid 50's , was a nightmare to repair and didn't work all time but that's what happens when you are first.

• cobra98cobra98 Member Posts: 76
    Are these forums still used?