Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Hyundai Accent Tire and Wheel Questions

kicker364kicker364 Member Posts: 3
edited June 2014 in Hyundai
Are the SE and GS bolt patterns the same? I want to put the SE wheels on the GS hatchback.

Comments

• backybacky Member Posts: 18,949
    I don't know, but I can think of a couple good sources to get an answer:

* The Parts Manager at your local Hyundai dealer. If he/she doesn't know, try the Service Manager.

* A place that specializes in wheels, such as Tire Rack or Discount Tire.

I think 10 minutes of research will get you a definitive answer.
  • 02whttrib02whttrib Member Posts: 39
    Kicker you do realize that the GS has 14 inchers while the SE has 16. I was @ Hyundai last week looking @ this but I couldn't tell b/c all the cars come with the plastic covers covering the lugs. Seems as good as those SE wheels look, Hyundai would offer some alternative other than the plastic.
  • coobilcoobil Member Posts: 1
    Recently, I bought a 2012 Hyundai Accent GS hatchback, and had a slow leak puncture in one of my tires, one day. I used the air pump with the sealant which replaces a spare tire on the newer Accents, but without success. I had to call Hyundai roadside sevice for a tow truck to be taken to the nearest dealer for repair. On 11/1, Hyundai said if I sent the bill for the new sealant canister to them, they would reimburse me (about $35). I did, but then they called to say that they wouldn't! So, a flat tire costs them the towing; and for me - $52!
  • jimtronjimtron Member Posts: 6
    I've got a 2012 Accent and want to rotate the tires (I've got over 8k miles on it). In the manual on p. 7-39 there's a paragraph on tire rotation but it doesn't specify a pattern (front to back, side to side, criss cross, etc).

Anyone have a recommendation? I don't know what kind of wheels and tires I have off the top of my head, I'll check an report back. It's a GLS.
  • PF_FlyerPF_Flyer Member Posts: 9,372
    Move the front tires straight to the rear and cross the rears to the front (left rear to right front, right rear to left front) You probably want to rotate a little sooner than 8,000 miles as well. I have a buddy who owns a tire shop/garage and they recommend rotations every 6,000 miles. Rotations on a regular basis will really help maximize how long your tires will last for you. (Driving conditions and habits will certainly factor in as well)
  • jimtronjimtron Member Posts: 6
    Thanks!
  • accent2013accent2013 Member Posts: 1

I purchased a 2013 Hyundai Accent and am very happy with it, but when I first drove it at a higher rate of speed, it seemed to drift a bit and feels "squirrelly" and only in a particular spot on the freeway. I have been told by my tire man that it is because of the lighter weight and the distance from the ground, but I think it's due to the grooves in the road. I don't have the same experience with our other car, a Chrysler 300 in the same spot on the freeway. Has anyone else experienced this problem?

@accent2013 said:
    I purchased a 2013 Hyundai Accent and am very happy with it, but when I first drove it at a higher rate of speed, it seemed to drift a bit and feels "squirrelly" and only in a particular spot on the freeway. I have been told by my tire man that it is because of the lighter weight and the distance from the ground, but I think it's due to the grooves in the road. I don't have the same experience with our other car, a Chrysler 300 in the same spot on the freeway. Has anyone else experienced this problem?

Since it's only at a particular spot on the freeway, I'd say it's a road thing rather than a tire/car issue. The lighter car may be affected more by the road conditions.

• bettydcbettydc Member Posts: 3

@PF_Flyer said:
    Move the front tires straight to the rear and cross the rears to the front (left rear to right front, right rear to left front) You probably want to rotate a little sooner than 8,000 miles as well. I have a buddy who owns a tire shop/garage and they recommend rotations every 6,000 miles. Rotations on a regular basis will really help maximize how long your tires will last for you. (Driving conditions and habits will certainly factor in as well)

Look at the sidewall of your tires... be sure there are no "rotation --->" arrows on them. If there are, those arrows must point toward the front of the car when the tire is installed. There are many unidirectional tires on many cars these days, so be careful about moving them from one side of the car to the other.

Also, if you rotate the tires every 5,000 miles, it will be easier to remember... the next time your odometer is at a 10 or 5 thousand point (i.e., 25,000; 30,000; 120,000; 135,000) you'll know it's time for a tire rotation. Cheers

Good point about the unidirectional tires