Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2014 Audi A6 Lease Questions

Comments

• dipsdips Member Posts: 4

my numbers were for an A6 Prestige

• jasekrojasekro Member Posts: 2

Hi - do you have the MF/residuals for a 36 month, 12k mile lease on both the S6 and S4? Thanks.

• kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,570

@rh3 said:
    I was quoted 57% residual and .00127MF for 36 months and 10K/year on an A6 Quattro premium plus. That did not include Audi care and the 1% bump in residual. I'll wait for the new numbers from you before I counter.

Is that a 2014 A6 ** 2.0T** Premium Plus?

.00052 MF and 57% residual

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

@jasekro said:
    Hi - do you have the MF/residuals for a 36 month, 12k mile lease on both the S6 and S4? Thanks.

2014 S6 .00144 MF and 51% residual

2014 S4 Premium Plus .00051 MF and 55% residual

kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• gdmstrbgdmstrb Member Posts: 5

Hello

Would it be possible to supply MF and residuals for an A6 3.0T Prestige for both 36 and 42 @ 10K miles a year? Also is there any sort of conquest money available? Thank you very much!

2014 A6 3.0T Prestige 36mo, 10K/yr lease

.00065 MF and 52% residual.

42 month: .00085 MF and 48% residual

I would discourage you from leasing the Prestige model. The residuals for the Premium Plus model are 4% higher, across the board. Loading up a Premium Plus model vs. the Prestige would save you $70/mo. on your payment, even if the MSRPs were identical.

kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• gdmstrbgdmstrb Member Posts: 5

@kyfdx@Edmunds said:
    2014 A6 3.0T Prestige 36mo, 10K/yr lease

.00065 MF and 52% residual.

42 month: .00085 MF and 48% residual

I would discourage you from leasing the Prestige model. The residuals for the Premium Plus model are 4% higher, across the board. Loading up a Premium Plus model vs. the Prestige would save you $70/mo. on your payment, even if the MSRPs were identical.

kyfdx

Thank you for the information. I'll be sure to follow that advice.

• sharabi75sharabi75 Member Posts: 13

Hi - do you have the MF/residuals for a 36 month and 42 month, 12k mile lease on the S6? Thanks.

@sharabi75 said:
    Hi - do you have the MF/residuals for a 36 month and 42 month, 12k mile lease on the S6? Thanks.

.00144 MF and 51% residual.

42 months: .00164 MF and 47% residual

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• sharabi75sharabi75 Member Posts: 13

Thanks kyfdx. Can you also post the A6 Prestige 36/42month 12k mile money factor and residuals? Also do you know if the Multiple security deposits would reduce the base money factor by a certain amount?

.00065 MF and 51% for 36mo, 12K/yr lease

.00085 MF and 47% for 42mo, 12K/yr lease

The Prestige trim line has the lowest residuals.

The MSD program does lower the money factor by a certain amount for each deposit, but I'm not familiar with the numbers for Audi's MSD program.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• sophiesdadsophiesdad Member Posts: 15

We are interested in leasing an A6 Premium Plus TDI. We drive about 18 to 20 thousand miles a year and have a bias to lease for shorter periods. What are 24 and 36 month residuals and money factors on 15K/yr leases? Does it make financial sense to buy 4500 extra miles per year upfront. I ask because that is what we do with our current Mercedes and it works out to be less expensive than a 20K/year lease. Your guidance regarding the "sweet spot" is appreciated. Thank you.

• ryand23ryand23 Member Posts: 1
    edited February 2014

Hi kyfdx@Edmunds,

First of all, thanks for all of the information you have shared.
    I'm about to lease a 2014 Audi A6 Prestige 3.0L TFSI, MSRP = $62,335.
    Can you tell me what the current Money Factor is right now for this vehicle?

Thanks!
    Ryan

@sophiesdad said:
    We are interested in leasing an A6 Premium Plus TDI. We drive about 18 to 20 thousand miles a year and have a bias to lease for shorter periods. What are 24 and 36 month residuals and money factors on 15K/yr leases? Does it make financial sense to buy 4500 extra miles per year upfront. I ask because that is what we do with our current Mercedes and it works out to be less expensive than a 20K/year lease. Your guidance regarding the "sweet spot" is appreciated. Thank you.

.00089 MF and 60% residual for 24mo, 15K/yr.

.00089 MF and 53% residual for 36mo, 15K/yr.

36 month term is definitely the sweet spot on this model. I'm not sure how Audi handles the extra mileage on a high-mileage lease. Some makes collect the amount upfront, while others reduce the residual by that amount..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

@ryand23 said:
    Hi kyfdx@Edmunds,

First of all, thanks for all of the information you have shared.
    I'm about to lease a 2014 Audi A6 Prestige 3.0L TFSI, MSRP = $62,335.
    Can you tell me what the current Money Factor is right now for this vehicle?

Thanks!
    Ryan

.00065 for terms up to 36 months.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• onehundredonehundred Member Posts: 2
    edited February 2014

2014 2.0 lease 560 including tax x 36 month with 500 down
    Audi a6 with premium plus and Quattro. Won't give me a break down residual mf etc.. Mrsp 51000.

Should I take it? Dealers being a bit shifty but I don't think numbers are that bad.

• onehundredonehundred Member Posts: 2

That's a 2.0 t

• lowleaselowlease Member Posts: 2

Hello kyfdx@Edmunds - thank you very much for your information:

• I'm looking for Money factor and RV for
    • 24 month / 10000 lease for both the A6 Premium and A6 Premium Plus
    • 36 month / 10000 lease for both the A6 Premium and A6 Premium Plus

Again - thank you for your great information.

• lowleaselowlease Member Posts: 2

I forgot to mention that would be A6 2.0T - Premium / Premium Plus.

Also - One more question - there is a Loyalty / New Owner Acquisition of $1500 that I am aware of - I am neither a current Audi and don't have one of the other competitor's cars listed - can I still possibly get this - and are there are ANY other current dealer offers (rebates, manufacturer rebates, etc.) ? I will be getting this car this week.

@lowlease said:
    I forgot to mention that would be A6 2.0T - Premium / Premium Plus.

Also - One more question - there is a Loyalty / New Owner Acquisition of $1500 that I am aware of - I am neither a current Audi and don't have one of the other competitor's cars listed - can I still possibly get this - and are there are ANY other current dealer offers (rebates, manufacturer rebates, etc.) ? I will be getting this car this week.

FWD?

.00034 MF and 55% residual for 36mo, 10K/yr. 62% residual for 24/10

Quattro?

.00052 MF and 57%/64% respectively

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• kapilvillekapilville Member Posts: 11
    edited February 2014

Here's the deal I've negotiated...what do you guys think?

The Car:

• 2014 A6, 3.0, Prestige, Quattro
    • Daytona Gray Pearl Effect
    • Black Leather, Ash Wood Trim
    • LED Headlights
    • Black Headliner
    • 19" Sport Package
    • Black Optic Package
    • Cold Weather Package
    • Driver Assistance Package
    • Carpet + Rubber Floor Mats
    • First Aid Kit
    • Apple Lightning Connector
    • AudiCare Prepaid Maintenance

The Deal:

• MSRP: $67,135
    • -6% Supplier Discount
    • -$1500 Loyalty Discount
    • -$1106.90 Dealership Negotiated Discount
    • Net Cost: $60,500.00
    • In IL so 7.25% tax but dealer is giving a tax credit for $22k so only paying tax on the remainder.
    • ~$250 for title/plates
    • 00065 Money Factor
    • 51% Residual

36/month, 12,000 miles/year lease for ~$937/month

It looks like you did well on price negotiations.. Lease tax in Illinois and the low residual of the Prestige model really hurt, though. The residual on the Premium Plus model is 4% higher, if that is under consideration.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• silent_dronesilent_drone Member Posts: 49

@kapilville said:
    Here's the deal I've negotiated...what do you guys think?

• MSRP: $67,135
    • Net Cost: $60,500.00
    • In IL so 7.25% tax but dealer is giving a tax credit for $22k so only paying tax on the remainder.
    • ~$250 for title/plates
    • 00065 Money Factor
    • 51% Residual

36/month, 12,000 miles/year lease for ~$937/month

Kyfdx,

Can you help me with the calculation on this? I get depreciation of $739.48 and rent of $61.58 for a total of $791.06/month before tax. Is the tax that much in Illinois or am I missing something?

Thanks!

edited March 2014

Thanks!

I'd prefer Prestige, despite the hit on residual, as I really want some of the options that aren't available on the Premium Plus trim level.

The sales tax in IL is charged on the total purchase price - so $60,500 in my case. But often, dealers who take in lease returns, and are therefore entitled to a refund or a credit of tax paid at lease inception, will use those credits to offset taxes on new leases and help close deals.

In my case, the available tax credit is for $22k so I'm only going to end up paying tax on the remaining $38,500. Kinda' screwed myself out of a 32k tax credit which the dealer had available a few days ago but was gone by the time we were done negotiating.

My plan is to keep the car long term - only leasing because of the 22k tax credit and also because I can have the dealer certify the car with the CPO warranty for ~$1300 when I purchase at the end of the lease. I can get financing from my credit union for 0.25% for 60 months but I think I still make out better with the lease due to the tax credit.

Also, wanted to clarify that the MSRP of the car doesn't include the Audi Care prepaid maintenance, both sets of mats, first aid kit and the iphone adapter - these all add up to about $1200 retail but the dealer is throwing them in at no cost to me.

@silent_drone said:
    Is the tax that much in Illinois

Sigh. Yes!

• silent_dronesilent_drone Member Posts: 49

@kapilville said:
    Thanks!

I'd prefer Prestige, despite the hit on residual, as I really want some of the options that aren't available on the Premium Plus trim level.

I'm with you on that. Comfort seats and S-Line trim are worth it IMHO.

Thanks for the explanation about the tax. Bummer....

@silent_drone said:
    I get depreciation of $739.48 and rent of $61.58 for a total of $791.06/month before tax

I'd appreciate the double-checking of the math as well. If it's 791.06 without tax then the ~$937 payment would appear to be too high because the tax doesn't explain the difference.

I get the same $791, pre-tax.. Adding $2800 in tax to the CAP cost brings it to about $870.

So.. the rest of it might be in the details. What is your due at signing amount? How are they accounting for the acquisition fee? What is the actual CAP cost for the lease? (this is the number that will reveal a lot). Shouldn't AudiCare raise your residual by 1% to 52%?

$67/mo. to account for, besides the tax... maybe, a little more if the residual is actually 52%.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

@kyfdx@Edmunds said:
    I get the same $791, pre-tax.. Adding $2800 in tax to the CAP cost brings it to about $870.

So.. the rest of it might be in the details. What is your due at signing amount? How are they accounting for the acquisition fee? What is the actual CAP cost for the lease? (this is the number that will reveal a lot). Shouldn't AudiCare raise your residual by 1% to 52%?

$67/mo. to account for, besides the tax... maybe, a little more if the residual is actually 52%.

Hammered out the deal late on Friday right before closing, so I'm missing some of this detail. Will post on Monday when the salesperson emails me the numbers so we can fill in the blanks. The car is a dealer trade so won't be at the dealership where I'm buying until about Thursday.

• hdizzle2hdizzle2 Member Posts: 4

2014 A6 3.0T Prestige. 36 mo. 15k miles. Quoted a MF of .00095 with 49% residual. What should they be?

@hdizzle2 said:
    2014 A6 3.0T Prestige. 36 mo. 15k miles. Quoted a MF of .00095 with 49% residual. What should they be?

.00065 MF... the residual is correct

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• hdizzle2hdizzle2 Member Posts: 4

@kyfdx@edmunds Thanks so much.

edited March 2014

@kyfdx@Edmunds said:

So, got the numbers from the dealer:

Selling Price-$62,000
    Final Cap-$65,476.14
    Residual-52%
    Money Factor-.00065
    Acquisition Fee-$695
    Final tax amount-$3,058.87

They appear to not be including the $1,500 loyalty discount in calculating the selling price. Is that normal for that type of a discount/rebate? Apparently it's being used as a "down payment" after tax.

I'm not quite sure how they came up with the tax figure or the final cap cost. The tax credit is $20,042 so I would pay tax at 7.25% of purchase price minus 20,042. I don't think the acquisition fee or the registration/plates are taxed.

The residual did go up to 52% to account for AudiCare.

The acquisition fee is rolled into the lease so I would only owe the first payment at the time of lease inception.

Thoughts?

• kate_spayedkate_spayed Member Posts: 1

Wanted to know what you though of this deal...

A6 2.0 quattro premium
    Moonlight blue
    Cold weather
    Nav MMI plus
    Side Assist

msrp 50045
    cap cost 45761
    residual 28025
    MF 0.00072
    tax 6.0% in MI
    36 months, 12k

578/month

due at signing: first month
    plus 695 acquisition
    plus 200 "doc" fee

Are the MF and residuals accurate? Last month the MF was 0.00102, why such a change? thanks

Could someone please check the numbers?
    @kyfdx@Edmunds
    @silent_drone

• idr2020idr2020 Member Posts: 12

Hi kyfdx@Edmunds, you are a wealth of information, thank you. Please clarify if the residual/MF is the same for both the 3.0 TDI and 3.0T A6 prestige for 3yr/45K. I've seen 49% to 51% in the previous posts and want to be certain for my negotiations. Thank you again.

@kate_spayed said:
    Wanted to know what you though of this deal...

A6 2.0 quattro premium
    Moonlight blue
    Cold weather
    Nav MMI plus
    Side Assist

msrp 50045
    cap cost 45761
    residual 28025
    MF 0.00072
    tax 6.0% in MI
    36 months, 12k

578/month

due at signing: first month
    plus 695 acquisition
    plus 200 "doc" fee

Are the MF and residuals accurate? Last month the MF was 0.00102, why such a change? thanks

The base MF is .00052.. the residual is correct at 56%. The money factor hasn't changed from last month.. Maybe, your dealer just decided to take less of a markup, this month?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

@idr2020 said:
    Hi kyfdx@Edmunds, you are a wealth of information, thank you. Please clarify if the residual/MF is the same for both the 3.0 TDI and 3.0T A6 prestige for 3yr/45K. I've seen 49% to 51% in the previous posts and want to be certain for my negotiations. Thank you again.

3.0 Prestige = 49%

TDI Premium Plus = 53%

TDI Prestige = 50%

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Just wanted to post and say many thanks to @kyfdx@Edmunds ...ended up buying the car at the numbers posted above.

You are very welcome.. Enjoy the new car!!

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• jdb123jdb123 Member Posts: 5

kyfdx@Edmunds and others on this board - thank-you. You've been very helpful in the car selection process.

I'm about to pull the trigger on an A6 3.0 TFSI Premium Plus, Oolong Gray, Nougat Brown interior, with side assist ($600 package).

Dealer's quoting me MF of .00065 and residual of 55% for 36 months at 12K/yr. Would you mind confirming if that all matches the current program? Also, if I get AudiCare, does the residual go up to 56%?

All of that aside, it seems I'll need to order the car, and the dealer is saying that I can't lock in the MF / Residual, and that I just have to take what's available when it's delivered in a couple of months. Is that standard procedure? Seems odd to me to commit to buying a car, but not to know what the cost will be.

Thanks for your help!

@jdb123 said:
    kyfdx@Edmunds and others on this board - thank-you. You've been very helpful in the car selection process.

I'm about to pull the trigger on an A6 3.0 TFSI Premium Plus, Oolong Gray, Nougat Brown interior, with side assist ($600 package).

Dealer's quoting me MF of .00065 and residual of 55% for 36 months at 12K/yr. Would you mind confirming if that all matches the current program? Also, if I get AudiCare, does the residual go up to 56%?

All of that aside, it seems I'll need to order the car, and the dealer is saying that I can't lock in the MF / Residual, and that I just have to take what's available when it's delivered in a couple of months. Is that standard procedure? Seems odd to me to commit to buying a car, but not to know what the cost will be.

Thanks for your help!

Yes, those numbers are all correct. I think not being able to lock the lease program is odd, as well, but that might be an Audi thing. If you order, make sure your deposit is refundable, if the program is worse, and also get the dealer to commit in writing that you'll get the base money factor with no markups, if the new program changes. You wouldn't want the new program to be better, and then have the dealer markup the money factors to match the old program. (in other words, to his benefit, not yours).

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• gltrans1gltrans1 Member Posts: 12

I will be leasing a 2014 A6 2.0 Premium Plus , 36 mo.s, 12K miles p/year this month in New Jersey. What is the MF and residual with Audicare? This will be my 3rd A6. Is the residual still higher on the premium plus over the prestige?

@gltrans1 said:
    I will be leasing a 2014 A6 2.0 Premium Plus , 36 mo.s, 12K miles p/year this month in New Jersey. What is the MF and residual with Audicare? This will be my 3rd A6. Is the residual still higher on the premium plus over the prestige?

Quattro? .00052 MF and 56% residual.

I don't think they offer a Prestige trim in the 2.0 model, but in the other models, yes.. Prestige trim has a lower residual.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• jdb123jdb123 Member Posts: 5

@kyfdx@Edmunds said:
    Yes, those numbers are all correct. I think not being able to lock the lease program is odd, as well, but that might be an Audi thing. If you order, make sure your deposit is refundable, if the program is worse, and also get the dealer to commit in writing that you'll get the base money factor with no markups, if the new program changes. You wouldn't want the new program to be better, and then have the dealer markup the money factors to match the old program. (in other words, to his benefit, not yours).

Thanks, kyfdx. Very much appreciated.

I'm still finding the lack of ability to lock the program in odd - anyone else have experience with this? Or have you been able to lock programs in?

@jdb123 said:
    I'm still finding the lack of ability to lock the program in odd - anyone else have experience with this? Or have you been able to lock programs in?

When I was shopping, and trying to decide between ordering or picking from dealer inventory, the dealer did say that I wouldn't be able to lock in the program/incentives if I were to order and would have to settle for whatever offer was in effect at time of delivery. Not sure if that was the truth or just their attempt to get me to buy now and take an inventory car off their hands...but at least the story I was given matches yours.

• bdhsailorbdhsailor Member Posts: 24

Audi seems to have a deal on A6 leases this month. Remember, you get bombarded with a bunch of numbers that can be challenging to juggle. But there are really only 2 important numbers in the end: 1)How much you have to pay to drive away and 2) your monthly payment. I always ask for a monthly payment with 0$ to drive away so that I can compare the real costs of the cars within and between dealerships. All the rest of the numbers really do not mean anything and simply add to the confusion. My dealer is offering me a 0$ drive off 15K/year for 36 months on an A6 3.0 with Bose etc for $690/mo.

• batboy1batboy1 Member Posts: 30

Can you advise as to MF/residual for 2014 A6 2.0 Quattro Premium Plus 12k/42 mo (and 36).

Also, MSD question: I understand that each MSD is the monthly payment rounded up to the nearest $50, but is this before or after factoring in tax? i.e. if my payment is $560 before tax and $610 after tax (PA 9%). What is each MSD?

@batboy1 said:
    Can you advise as to MF/residual for 2014 A6 2.0 Quattro Premium Plus 12k/42 mo (and 36).

Also, MSD question: I understand that each MSD is the monthly payment rounded up to the nearest $50, but is this before or after factoring in tax? i.e. if my payment is $560 before tax and $610 after tax (PA 9%). What is each MSD?

.00072 MF and 52% residual for 42mo, 12K/yr.

.00052 MF and 56% residual for 36mo, 12K/yr.

I believe Audi rounds up to the next $25 increment, so each deposit would be $625. It's the amount you write the check for... rounded up.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Smartinez24Smartinez24 Member Posts: 24

kyfdx@edmunds may i have the RV and MF for a 14 A6 3.0t (premium plus), tdi (premium plus) and 2.0t (premium plus). for 36 month at both 12k and 10k miles. i would lreally appreciate the input.

This discussion has been closed.