Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2014 BMW X3 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
edited May 2015 in BMW
Welcome to Edmunds discussion dedicated to 2014 BMW X3 purchase experiences. If you have recently purchased a 2014 BMW X3, please share your experience here. To discuss the latest lease details for the current model, please join us in the 2015 BMW X3 Lease Questions discussion.

You can also research local dealer inventory and get pricing, reviews, features, and specifications on our 2014 BMW X3 page.

To see all forums discussions about the BMW X3, including earlier model years, please visit our list of BMW X3 discussions.

Navigation tips: To see the most recent information and activity, make sure to visit the latest post, which may be a few pages ahead. Click the pages numbers just below to go to a new page in the discussion -- or search the entire discussion by clicking the magnifying glass icon and entering keywords.

We also invite you to share your purchase experience on Edmunds Facebook page, Share Your Story.

Comments

• saniyabnusaniyabnu Member Posts: 1

I placed an order for the BMW 2014 X3, 28i with the following details:
    exterior: white (no charge)
    interior: chestnut
    trim: silver (no charge)
    premium package: genuine leather upgrade, moon-roof and distance control
    driver's assistant package

OTD price is 43,110$, including tax and doc fee
    This price considers 1000$ graduation discount and 750$ holiday incentive

The dealer was telling me the best time to make the purchase would be either the end of the year or summer time. Need to wait for 6 weeks to get the vehicle.

• csr242csr242 Member Posts: 9
    edited January 2014

Got an offer for BMW 2014 X3 28i, Black Sapphire Metallic, beige trim (no charge) and with Driver Assistance package, for $39,000 + 195 (admin) + taxes. Invoice price on Edmunds was $38,905 and there is an incentive of $500. Dealer offered $39650 and I asked for $39000 which was accepted by the dealer. Car to be ordered, delivery in 3-4 weeks. Appreciate any suggestions/comments/opinions.

• ramohioramohio Member Posts: 15
    Not bad

I bought BMW X3 28i, Space Grey metallic, Premium package, Driver assistance package and Cold weather package for $41705. I was not interested in the premium package but when the dealer offered below invoice price (Edmunds Invoice price was ~43500, I could not turn down.

• kaps10kaps10 Member Posts: 2

Bought a 2014 X3 28i, Deep Blue with Beige interior (Leatherette) , Driver Assistance package, Navigation, Satin roof rails, heated seats and panoramic roof for $40,725. Great experience and not much negotiation. Not sure if this is a good price but it was more than $6000 off MSRP. Got a great financing rate also. Added Tire protection for 5 years for $1095. Let me know how i did overall on price. Thanks to the forum for educating me on price and ways to negotiate on different cars

I think you did well.

• voldermortvoldermort Member Posts: 67
    edited February 2014

@kaps10 I have a question for you regarding your tire protection.
    How did you pay for that? On a credit card? Or was it added to your total?
    Or would any one else know if that can be purchased separately, esp if you lease!
    Thanks.

• kaps10kaps10 Member Posts: 2

Hi voldermort. Sorry I haven't checked the forum in a while . Busy driving the new x3 :) . The tire protection was added to the total. It increased the monthly payment by a few dollars. I paid the tax tags title upfront on a credit card. I would get the tire protection. I had a lease 3 series a few years back and had to pay for 2 tire burst for the tires. Not fun.

• adiadi Member Posts: 2

I have negotiated this price and ready to take delivery next week. I think I did great. Comments welcome:

2014 BMW X3 xDrive28i SAV: All-wheel Drive Exterior Color: Black Sapphire Metallic

Premium Package: Comfort Access Keyless Entry Panoramic Moonroof Lumbar Support Satellite Radio Nevada Leather Upholstery

Technology Package: Navigation System Head-Up Display BMW Online Advanced Real-Time Traffic Information Remote Services BMW AppsEnhanced USB & Bluetooth w/Smartphone Integration

Cold Weather Package Heated Steering Wheel Heated Front Seats Heated Rear Seats Retractable Headlight Washers

Driver Assistance Package Rear View CameraPark Distance Control

Dealer Sale Price (MSRP $50,275 - Dealer Discount $4,514) =$45,761 Negotiated discount = $7,500 = Final Sale Price (MSRP $50,275 - $7,500) =** $42,775** +Doc Fee $200 + Tax + Title

• bong7890bong7890 Member Posts: 2

Any information on 2015 model pricing ?

• ms48335ms48335 Member Posts: 1

My wife and I were shopping for X3 and decided to stop by the Erhard BMW dealership in Farmington Hills, MI after work to look around. We saw a brand new 2014 BMW X3 xDrive28i in the show room with all the packages / options we wanted (detailed below) marked down from $46,075 to $41,858. I don’t recall the reason for the mark down. There was another family looking at the same car and we knew that we had to move fast. I priced things out on Kelly Blue Book’s web site and the sale price was less than the Fair Purchase Price. We put in an offer of $41,000 and it was accepted. At closing, we paid the additional 6% sales tax, doc fee ($200) & Plates Transfer Fee. Our trade in was a 2009 Chevy Impala with lot of miles and happily accepted the offer of $5000 – used towards the new car. The remaining $ was financed at 3.19% with BMW finance. The overall experience at the dealership was fine, we were attended to promptly and were able to take a similarly configured car for a spin. The only thing that I can complain about is the aggressive selling of the extended vehicle warranty (we declined it – have faith in German engineering) by the finance staff. The car is a pleasure to drive and I am still coming up to speed with all the bells & whistles. Majority of the cars we have purchased / leased over the year have been 6 cylinders. X3 is 4 but I see no issues with it being able to keep up. One observation – I bought generic floor mats to go over the existing ones but on the driver’s side the accelerator goes all the way to the floor and they won’t fit unless I cut around accelerator.
    Alpine white with Sand Beige interior (leather)
    Cold weather package
    Driver assistance package
    Premium package
    Aluminum Satin roof rails

• ankurgankurg Member Posts: 53

Does BMW offer the reduction in MF for putting 7 MSDs? if yes, how much is the reduction per MSD?

• MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 240,997

@ankurg said:
    Does BMW offer the reduction in MF for putting 7 MSDs? if yes, how much is the reduction per MSD?

Each MSD reduces the MF by .00007, for a total reduction of .00049

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• rohit4rohit4 Member Posts: 1

I bought BMW X3 35i, Dealer wrote USED on sale contract instead of NEW. I did not see it when I was buying it. Today I went and asked him, he said because they gave me very good discount that is why they have to show it as demo car to BMW financial services and have to show them as sales demo car for this discount. I am not sure if he is saying right to me or not. Can anyone faced same thing before or does anyone have any idea what dealer really mean. Miles on car is just 18 and car fax is clean too. In Car fax I just see dealers name to sell car. Can anyone please share their thoughts ?

• kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,760

I would be worried about the in-service date of the car (when the warranty started). Also, I would worry that the car was possibly a corporate car that was involved in some sort of damage or accident, then sold at a BMW dealer auction.

I would ask him some very pointed questions. It's possible that it's no big deal, but it's also possible that they are concealing something. What model year is the vehicle?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    edited April 2014

Something doesn't add up to me. In most states, demo's can be sold as "new". So why would any paperwork say "used" on it? If it's a used car, then you need to be paying a used car price.

If you have a consumer protection agency where you are, maybe they'd help you decipher the transaction.

Carfaxes are good, but the updates for this car may not have been entered into the system yet. Maybe you can take a photo of the Carfax and post it here?

• suzysparkssuzysparks Member Posts: 4

I went looking at the 2015 X3's and ended up with a 2014 X3. Dealer was offering $5,500 off all remaining X3's in stock. We drove a 2015 X3 28i and then a 2014 X3 35i to get a better idea of the power. They didn't have a 2015 X3 35i in stock. So, needless to say, we decided the 35i was the way to go. I was going to order a pretty bare bones 2015 X3 35i (Deep Sea Blue, black sensatec, driver's assistance package, and heated seats.) Then I went back to the 2014 we drove. It was black sapphire with black leather (premium package), had the navigation system, driver's assistance package, heated seats, roof rails, and upgraded wheels. MSRP was $53,025. They were advertising it with $5,500 off. I ended up trading in my 2007 X3 and got a fair price and then negotiated $7,500 off of the MSRP of $53,025. Then, my credit union has financing at 1.65%. SWEET. This is BMW number 9, so I've had my fair share. Also, if anyone is interested, I was able to negotiate the same discount at another dealer out of state.

• yeskayyeskay Member Posts: 1
    Hi Suzysparks, thanks for sharing your feedback, the deal you got sounds like a great deal, I am looking for an almost similar configuration on X3 but on 2015 28i, I couldn't find a 35i to test drive so sticking with 2015 28i with few additional safety options
    What was you OTD price including Taxes?
    And which dealer ship you got this deal from?and what was the other out of state dealer you got the same discount from?
    Appreciate your response
    Sorry for too many questions...
  • rbradleysdrbradleysd Member Posts: 31
    edited July 2014

Question. Do we have lease rates on the 15 X3 Diesel yet?

I priced one out at 55k and wanted to do a 2 year least at 20k miles per year. 5k off MSRP with 1k down

@rbradleysd said:
    Question. Do we have lease rates on the 15 X3 Diesel yet?

I priced one out at 55k and wanted to do a 2 year least at 20k miles per year. 5k off MSRP with 1k down

.00130 and 59% for 24/15.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

Ok. I'm getting 820 taxes included. Does that look right?

@rbradleysd said:
    Ok. I'm getting 820 taxes included. Does that look right?

What state is this?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

CA

@rbradleysd said:
    CA

CA taxes the payment each month; what does the $820 represent?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

@Michaell said:
    CA taxes the payment each month; what does the $820 represent?

The payment with taxes included is coming at 820/month. I was confirming that total was right

edited July 2014

@rbradleysd said:

Sorry; it's late and I misunderstood your post. I'm getting $838/mo before taxes, and that's not accounting for the extra miles you want each year. So, your offer of $820/mo with taxes seems pretty strong.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• suzysparkssuzysparks Member Posts: 4

@yeskay said:
    Hi Suzysparks, thanks for sharing your feedback, the deal you got sounds like a great deal, I am looking for an almost similar configuration on X3 but on 2015 28i, I couldn't find a 35i to test drive so sticking with 2015 28i with few additional safety options
    What was you OTD price including Taxes?
    And which dealer ship you got this deal from?and what was the other out of state dealer you got the same discount from?
    Appreciate your response
    Sorry for too many questions...

I had a trade-in, so giving you an OTD price won't do any good, but the fee's were minimal. No training or dealer fee; just a $50 document fee. I bought from BMW of San Antonio, but the other dealer I was working with was BMW of Tenafly in NJ. We were able to drive a 2015 28i and then the 2014 35i. When we were done, it was a no brainer; had to go for the 35i and there was no way they were going to make that deal on a 2015. So, bought the 2014.

• fw7fw7 Member Posts: 4
    adi said:

I have negotiated this price and ready to take delivery next week. I think I did great. Comments welcome:

2014 BMW X3 xDrive28i SAV: All-wheel Drive Exterior Color: Black Sapphire Metallic

Premium Package: Comfort Access Keyless Entry Panoramic Moonroof Lumbar Support Satellite Radio Nevada Leather Upholstery

Technology Package: Navigation System Head-Up Display BMW Online Advanced Real-Time Traffic Information Remote Services BMW AppsEnhanced USB & Bluetooth w/Smartphone Integration

Cold Weather Package Heated Steering Wheel Heated Front Seats Heated Rear Seats Retractable Headlight Washers

Driver Assistance Package Rear View CameraPark Distance Control

Dealer Sale Price (MSRP $50,275 - Dealer Discount $4,514) =$45,761 Negotiated discount = $7,500 = Final Sale Price (MSRP $50,275 - $7,500) =** $42,775** +Doc Fee $200 + Tax + Title

Hey Adi,

Great deal on the car. Would you please mind sharing the dealership information? I am looking to get an X3 soon and trying to negotiate a deal like yours.

Did you do this over the phone or did you go into a dealership? How did you negotiate the extra $$? Did you threaten to walk? Give me tips please.

Best,

F