Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2014 Honda Accord Lease Questions

Comments

• cali16cali16 Member Posts: 2

Can I please get the MF and RV for an Accord Coupe EX-L 4 cyl 12K miles in Southern California?

• kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,268

55% residual and .00073 MF

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• jcholjchol Member Posts: 26

Can I get the January MF and RV for Accord Sedan LX 4 cyl 12K Miles/36 months please? in NJ. Thanks in Advance!!

@jchol said:
    Can I get the January MF and RV for Accord Sedan LX 4 cyl 12K Miles/36 months please? in NJ. Thanks in Advance!!

.00073 MF and 59% residual

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• jjm14jjm14 Member Posts: 6

Can anyone recommend dealer(s) in NJ.

I saw one for Hamilton Honda. Anyone have a contact there - name phone#/email

Thanks!

• MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 240,180

@jjm14 said:
    Can anyone recommend dealer(s) in NJ.

I saw one for Hamilton Honda. Anyone have a contact there - name phone#/email

Thanks!

Please note that we are not allowed to share contact info on these boards - only dealer names and contact first names.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• jaykitjaykit Member Posts: 2

Just leased a 2014 Accord EX-L V6. No added options except for a rear deck spoiler. 36 mos., 12K mi/ yr. My net payment is $379/mo. w/ 6% FL tax included. Cash out of pocket was $660.27 (includes 1st mo pymt, tag/registration, etc). No trade-in credit, deposit or cap cost reduction from me. Honda does have a $350 lease disposition fee at the end now it seems. Could not get around that one. Let me know what you think good or bad.

• MZA212MZA212 Member Posts: 355
    edited January 2014
    I'm in the south Florida market for a 2014 accord EXL 4 cylinder and have been offered a sign n drive with nothing due and 35 remaining payments of $340 inclusive of tax. I'm trying to get them to$325. Any advice?
  • nyccarguynyccarguy Member Posts: 16,373

@mzia

Instead of "trying to get them to $325," you've got to give us some more information.

What is the MSRP of the car in question ($29,060 Including destination)?

What is the selling price of the car? Invoice is $26,650, the car's selling price should be this at the most given the fact that South Florida is a very high volume market.

What is the money factor (or interest rate) they are charging you? Dealers are allowed to mark up money factors on leases for additional profit.

What is the car's residual value (this is set by "the bank")?

How many miles per year is the lease for?

Don't forget that you are in Florida, a state that does not regulate "doc fees or processing fees" which can run anywhere from $499 & up, so no matter what the dealer claims, they are never "loosing money" on a car.

Have you shopped different dealers? Get all your "ducks in a row" and as @brian125 says, look to pull the trigger next Thursday or Friday at the end of the month where at a high volume dealer you will most likely get the best price.

2001 Prelude Type SH, 2022 Highlander XLE AWD, 2022 Wrangler Sahara 4Xe, 2023 Toyota Tacoma SR 4WD

@jaykit

Lease termination fees or disposition fees are non negotiable. Usually they get waived if you finance or lease another car through the same back (American Honda Finance in this case).

Congrats on your new Accord. Tell us what you think of the V6. Is there any particular reason you chose it over the 4 cylinder?

2001 Prelude Type SH, 2022 Highlander XLE AWD, 2022 Wrangler Sahara 4Xe, 2023 Toyota Tacoma SR 4WD

@nyccarguy: I basically sent them a pdf of the Weymouth Honda lease calculator and told them to stick to it.

Basically I plan to return the car at lease end so I know that I have to deal with lease end fees. Pardon me for my incomplete information, but as its first time leasing do I still have to worry about the sell price as I have no plans of buying it out?
    Lease is for 36 months 12k miles per year money factor of 0.000063 as the same from Weymouth Honda quote.
    I have three dealers working on this. Question is that if they agree to 330 per month including tax should I go for it? Thanks for helping

@mzia

Yes you still have to worry about the selling price of the car because that it what the "capitalized cost" of the lease is. Whether you are buying or leasing, this price matters. If the "capitalized cost" or selling price of the vehicle is higher, then your monthly lease payment will be higher.

@kyfdx is .000063 the base money factor for a 2014 Accord EXL?

Once you have the selling price of the car correct & are certain your money factor isn't getting marked up, then you know you are getting the right deal.

Now my question would be that if they have already given me a sign and drive for 340 which is like 12 dollars above the Weymouth Honda price doesn't that mean I'm pretty close to the Weymouth sale price
  • brian125brian125 Member Posts: 5,244
    edited January 2014

Mzia,

Yes you are correct. Tell your dealer to match Weymouth's monthly price and i will lease vehicle from them . Remember every state has a different tax rate so your OTD pricing will be higher or lower than others.. Your main objective when leasing is lowest sale price of vehicle then having dealer appling the right residual, and money factor on your lease term/ w miles..

23 Telluride SX-P X-Line, 23 Camry XSE

Thank you so much for all the help his @brian125 and @nyccarguy !!!

Signed the deal on a 2014 Accord EX L
    0 due at signing. 35 payments of $330 a month including tax. Sale price of car $25,233.02 + acquisition fee of $595 + wheel locks $149 + dealer fees $699.95 giving a total of $26,676.97.
    Residual $16,606.99 money factor 0.00063

Now the dealer contribution was $705.17 which covered registration fee $200, sales tax $9.92, tag agency $98.75, first month payment $330, FL fees $66.50.

. They basically even beat Weymouth Honda prices which I had been struggling all week with all dealers ... Weymouth sales price is $26,991.90 and residual is $16,959.25.

The process was the smoothest experience ever. The phone call lasted 3 minutes with a 8 second call back to come pick up the car at the price I wanted and once I reached the dealer, the process took 34 minutes ! They took an extra half hour to detail then. Overall I'm satisfied with the service !!!
    Again thanks all !!!

@mzia

Mazel-Tov & congrats on your new Accord! Enjoy! You are welcome!

• jpljpl Member Posts: 36

Hi: Live on Long Island, have 7 weeks left on 11 EX-L-Accord Lease, want next car to have Factory Installed Remote, how hard is it to find in dealer inventory, & if I order car my way, does that affect price, as opposed to dealers inventory???
    Thanks, JL

Do you mean remote start? I believe all of those are installed at the dealer.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• dcanes41dcanes41 Member Posts: 15

Hi CarMan,

It was recommended to contact you in regards to my offer from my local Honda dealership here in Northeast Pennsylvania:

For a 2014 Accord EX: $268/month for 35 months (includes tax)

Negotiated Purchase Price:$22,900

Residual: $15,600

Accessories Included: Car Mats, Mud Guards, Remote Engine Start System II (Installed)

They did mention they included any flex cash they had left since we are close to the end of the month. I would need to come up with the first payment of $268.00 + Title transfer/tags (Guesstimate an additional $170.00). So total due would be $438.00.

Thank you, Dave

Note: The EX model is a CVT Automatic with an MSRP of $26,470.00 with a negotiated price of $22,900.

@dcanes41 said:
    Hi CarMan,

It was recommended to contact you in regards to my offer from my local Honda dealership here in Northeast Pennsylvania:

For a 2014 Accord EX: $268/month for 35 months (includes tax)

Negotiated Purchase Price:$22,900

Residual: $15,600

Accessories Included: Car Mats, Mud Guards, Remote Engine Start System II (Installed)

They did mention they included any flex cash they had left since we are close to the end of the month. I would need to come up with the first payment of $268.00 + Title transfer/tags (Guesstimate an additional $170.00). So total due would be $438.00.

Thank you, Dave

That looks pretty good from here... PA tax on leases is 9%, so if that includes tax, then it's very reasonable..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Thank you for your response. I asked them to include the remote starter as a deal breaker :). I am coming from a 2011 Accord EX-L and will be losing XM radio, heated seats, etc., but the leather doesn't really matter. The price of $345/month tax in for the EX-L was a little steep.

• dawgtireddawgtired Member Posts: 2

What is the standard lease MF and RV for EX-L 4 and 6 cylinder in Atlanta, GA right now?

@dawgtired said:
    What is the standard lease MF and RV for EX-L 4 and 6 cylinder in Atlanta, GA right now?

36mo, 15K/yr lease

EX-L 4: 55% residual

EX-L V6: 54% residual

.00116 MF for Georgia for either model.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• dawgtireddawgtired Member Posts: 2

Kyfdx, Thanks!

• rscott016rscott016 Member Posts: 9

I have a 2012 Accord SE, my lease is coming due in Sept of 2014. My lease was 3/36k and as of now I am at 33500 miles as I took a job and commute 100mi/day. I will obviously be over my 36k for my current lease, does it make sense to turn it in and re-lease or to buy outright now then trade and purchase?

A lot of those answers are going to be based on your current payoff and current wholesale value of the vehicle. You can probably get your best deal if you trade it in to a Honda dealer, though you should be ready for some negative equity.

At 500 miles/week, I don't think I would lease again....

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• rscott016rscott016 Member Posts: 9

I live in NE and local dealer may not give me any deal based on my past experiences with them. I work in Omaha and there are 3-4 dealers there that I know are more willing so I will look into what they can do for me. I do not plan to lease again although I am trying to get back to my town to avoid the 500mi/week on my car.

Thanks for the input @kyfdx@Edmunds

• brian125brian125 Member Posts: 5,244

Try Honda cars of boston and Weymouth honda for pricing..

23 Telluride SX-P X-Line, 23 Camry XSE

• pokerdawgpokerdawg Member Posts: 2

Hello,

I'm at the end of my 3/36 Toyota Prius lease with a residual value of $14800.

I'm being offered 3/36 on an Accord Sport priced at $23700, $270 a month after 9% tax, and the residual will be mid $14k.

He says I'll have $0 out of pocket because he is going to try and squeeze enough equity out of the Prius.

Is this possible? We want to make a decision this weekend.

Thanks.

If they take your Prius in trade, rather than you turning it in, and the wholesale value is more than the payoff, then that could certainly happen.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• jaykitjaykit Member Posts: 2

@nyccarguy said:
    jaykit

Lease termination fees or disposition fees are non negotiable. Usually they get waived if you finance or lease another car through the same back (American Honda Finance in this case).

Congrats on your new Accord. Tell us what you think of the V6. Is there any particular reason you chose it over the 4 cylinder?

Sorry for the late reply. Love the V6. Smooth linear power. This car is quick too, mid to high 5 secs 0-60. You can feel the extra weight on front axle but it is acceptable to me. Will be adding a TL SH sway bar soon and will be set. I had a 12' Civic Si sedan so did not want to go back to the K24 but w/ a CVT. I can't take those things. Also needed a bigger car (toddler) and needed an auto so she can drive if needed. My commute to work is 4 miles so mpg was not a crushing concern. The V6 EX-L fit this bill. My wife has a 13' RDX w/ the same J35 VCM powertrain and was happy w/ it. Will consider a 4 cyl in the Accord if they add the turbo in the next few years.

• nt7001nt7001 Member Posts: 18

kyfdx - Do you have the MF and residual percentages for the 4cyl and 6cyl EX-L in Cincinnati? Thanks.

@nt7001 said:
    kyfdx - Do you have the MF and residual percentages for the 4cyl and 6cyl EX-L in Cincinnati? Thanks.

.00073 MF and 55% residual for 36mo, 15K/yr lease on EX-L. Subtract 1% for V6 EX-L.

$350 lease cash on this model for Ohio residents. Which dealers are you shopping in Cincinnati?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• dontburnearldontburnearl Member Posts: 23

Looking for residual and money factor for EX-L 4 Cyl at both 15,000 and 18,000 miles.

Thank you in advance,

Lee

@dontburnearl said:
    Looking for residual and money factor for EX-L 4 Cyl at both 15,000 and 18,000 miles.

Thank you in advance,

Lee

.00073 MF and 55% residual for 36mo, 15K/yr lease on EX-L. Honda doesn't offer an 18K/yr residual. It is a per mile residual deduction for the extra 9K miles.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• klatulipklatulip Member Posts: 6

I am working with a dealer in the Baltimore area on a 36 mo, 12K mi/yr lease on an EX-L V-6 w/Navi, and I am being quoted a residual of 54% and a MF of .00116. Residual seems right, but the MF seems a little off from what I have seen on here. Can anyone confirm please? Thanks.

• nt7001nt7001 Member Posts: 18

@kyfdx@Edmunds said:
    $350 lease cash on this model for Ohio residents. Which dealers are you shopping in Cincinnati?

It looks like the residual for 12K miles is 59% on the EX-L. Is that correct? If so, would that mean the V6 residual for 12K miles is 58%?

I'm looking at all dealers in Cincy.

@klatulip said:
    I am working with a dealer in the Baltimore area on a 36 mo, 12K mi/yr lease on an EX-L V-6 w/Navi, and I am being quoted a residual of 54% and a MF of .00116. Residual seems right, but the MF seems a little off from what I have seen on here. Can anyone confirm please? Thanks.

Unfortunately, MD is a Region B state, and the MF is indeed .00116. 54% is the correct residual for an EX-L V6 w/NAV for 36mo, 12K/yr lease.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

@nt7001 said:

The 36 month, 12K/yr lease on the EX-L is 57%. The V6 EX-L residual is 56%.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• andantandant Member Posts: 33

Could you please tell me MF and Residual on Accord LX Automatic, 36mo, 15K miles lease in NY for February? Thanks!

@andant said:
    Could you please tell me MF and Residual on Accord LX Automatic, 36mo, 15K miles lease in NY for February? Thanks!

.00073 MF and 57% residual

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• andantandant Member Posts: 33

I'm trying to negotiate a deal on Honda Accord EX on Long Island, NY. None of the dealers I talked to is coming anywhere near what I want to pay: $269 per month (taxes rolled in) for 36mo at 15k miles a year. Looking to put down the first payment + DMV fees. Is this really unreasonable? Anybody knows of any dealerships I can go to to be able to get that price?
    Thanks!

• cas24cas24 Member Posts: 1
    I am in the process of leasing a 2014 Exl v6. I was quoted a price of 379 zero out of pocket well except first month. With 6% taxes in that. 12k miles a year.

Do you think this is a good price or should I negotiate further?

Thanks all
  • lvbabycaladylvbabycalady Member Posts: 1

Can you please tell me what the MF & Residual is on a 2014 Honda Accord EX-L with Navigation for a 36 month 12k miles lease in California? Thanks!

@lvbabycalady said:
    Can you please tell me what the MF & Residual is on a 2014 Honda Accord EX-L with Navigation for a 36 month 12k miles lease in California? Thanks!

SoCal: .00073 MF and 55% residual

NoCal: .00116 MF and 55% residual

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

edited February 2014

It's possible there are Presidents Day specials, with money factors even lower than this...

Seeing money factors of .00040 and .00082, respectively

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• cazneedsacarcazneedsacar Member Posts: 8

Can anyone tell me the MF and Residual for a 2014 V6 EX-L no navigation 10K miles/year in NY?

@cazneedsacar said:
    Can anyone tell me the MF and Residual for a 2014 V6 EX-L no navigation 10K miles/year in NY?

.00073 MF and 56% residual for 36mo, 12K/yr. Honda Finance doesn't offer a 10K/yr lease.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• cazneedsacarcazneedsacar Member Posts: 8

@cas24 said:
    I am in the process of leasing a 2014 Exl v6. I was quoted a price of 379 zero out of pocket well except first month. With 6% taxes in that. 12k miles a year.

Do you think this is a good price or should I negotiate further?

Thanks all

You're in the ballpark, I just signed on a 3year EX-L V6 coupe no-nav for $340/month, tax only up front (Long Island, NY). Picking up Saturday. You could probably get down to about $360

This discussion has been closed.