Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2014 Audi S4 Lease Questions

Comments

• kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,760

Most of the "supplier discount" programs only get you 6% off on an Audi. Check the incentives tab above under "Car Research" to see if there are any extra incentives on your model. But, 7% off MSRP seems pretty good from what I've seen in the forums.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• farazafaraza Member Posts: 31

Just an update went to the dealership verified from two different dealers actually AFS is allowing dealers to lock in rates at the time of agreement... both dealers confirmed that in the event at the time of delivery the terms of lease are beneficial to the leasee than the terms can be updated however not vice versa if they are not.. will update once the car is delivered sounds like it will be in early april... Thanks kydx this forum certainly taught me a lot...

That's good to know about locking lease rates.. .thanks!

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

does anybody know what inception and assignment fees are?
    I know AFS charges 695 which I suspect is the assignment fee but dealer is charging a 1250 inception fee which I can't quiet understand

sorry one more question does any body know if audi has multiple security deposit program to lower the MF further?

Inception fees are a garbage term that dealers use to indicate the amount due at signing, in addition to the 1st payment and any down-payment.

So, if your dealer is giving you an "estimate" of inception fees, then the $1250 should include the acquisition fee, dealer doc fee, title and license fees..

If these are specific numbers, and inception fee is a $1250 line item, then I would be worried...

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

And, yes... Audi has an MSD program.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

kyfdx how does the msd work? And what is the lowest money factor you can get down to?
    The only fees listed are the inception fees and assignment totaling 1945 so i guess thats ok

If the total fees are $1945, you want a breakdown of that amount.. I assumed the "inception fee" included the acquisition fee (acquisition fee is the term... not assignment). Dealers can hide a lot of crap in there, without a breakdown..

I'm not certain of the Audi program.... At one time it was .00008 reduction for each deposit, up to a maximum of 8 deposits (.00064 total reduction). Each deposit is your payment rounded up to the next $50 increment..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

MSRP 51,095
    Sale Price 47,518
    Residual 55%
    36 month 12 k
    MF 0.00051
    5000 due at signing

Cap reduction: 3812.88
    Cap reduction tax: 238.31
    Admin fee: 295
    Plate fee: 125
    1st payment: 528.81
    Acquisition fee 695

Asked them they said it will be up to a max of 10 deposits each decreasing the MF by 0.00005.
    Thought the SA will get back to me on monday she wasn't sure what would it mean for me to switch from no security deposit lease ( I am not sure why this makes any difference to them since they are offering base MF to me any way)

Do the above numbers look ok to you? They are without any buying down of the MF.

I get $489/mo. plus tax... Looks like the acquisition fee is rolled into the lease payment, not part of the upfront due at signing.

The minimum money factor for AFS is .00005, so if the MSD program is, as stated, you could only do 9 MSDs, taking the rate to .00006. That would decrease your payment by about $32/mo, pre-tax.

I'm not a fan of making cap cost reductions on leases. If you roll the $3812 into the lease, your payment goes up by $108/mo. pre-tax. I'd use the money that freed up to do the MSDs. Yes, your payment will be higher, but you'll be better protected in case of total loss to theft or accident, and overall, your cost will be the same (well.. less because of the MSDs)

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Thank you for reviewing the numbers. Is there a calculator that you use?

Just a simple excel spreadsheet... My 10-yr old helped me set it up about 10 years ago... lol

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• isles1isles1 Member Posts: 119
    edited February 2014

@faraza said:
    Just an update went to the dealership verified from two different dealers actually AFS is allowing dealers to lock in rates at the time of agreement... both dealers confirmed that in the event at the time of delivery the terms of lease are beneficial to the leasee than the terms can be updated however not vice versa if they are not.. will update once the car is delivered sounds like it will be in early april... Thanks kydx this forum certainly taught me a lot...

Yes. That is my experience too. And keep a look out for Lease Cash offers in March and April. I got a $750 check from my dealer after delivery for a Lease Cash program that was in effect, but not announced, at the time I took delivery in March 2013. Yes, I had to ask for the Lease Cash to be applied to my lease after the fact...props to my dealer (Audi of Smithtown) for doing it.

• zjk91zjk91 Member Posts: 1

hey @kydfx@edmunds.com

I am being offered 6% off INVOICE as a result of a corporate partnership with audi, and I am looking at a Premium Plus S4 with simply Nav added.

what is the invoice price on that car? and what would the MF and residual be for leases this month

Thanks in advance!

-Z

@zjk91 said:
    hey kydfx@edmunds.com

I am being offered 6% off INVOICE as a result of a corporate partnership with audi, and I am looking at a Premium Plus S4 with simply Nav added.

what is the invoice price on that car? and what would the MF and residual be for leases this month

Thanks in advance!

-Z

.00051 MF and 53% residual for 36mo, 15K/yr lease

You can find invoice prices by clicking on the Car Research tab above, then choosing New Cars.

I'd verify your price on the corporate partnership. My company has that, as well, and the price is 6% off of MSRP.

Good luck!

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

@kyfdx@Edmunds said:
    Just a simple excel spreadsheet... My 10-yr old helped me set it up about 10 years ago... lol

Thanks..lol.. Just did that.. is the 1 percent bump in residual still in effect with purchase of audicare ?
    Is that worth getting?

@faraza said:

Yes... 1% higher residual for adding AudiCare. I think that makes it a bargain.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• robby28robby28 Member Posts: 15

This is such a great forum. Thanks Edmunds.

I am still having trouble figuring out the correct lease payments for a 2014 S4 I want. Can you calculate and let me know what you get?

MSRP is $57,240 - I qualify for an Audi supplier discount (-6%) and Audi Loyalty Discount (-$1,000) new total is $52,805

Looking at 36 months with 15k miles. I don't what to put anything down. Thoughts?

Also, I am being told that the total due at signing would be $4,300 includes tax, tags, docs, fees etc. That seams really high with $0 down payment included. Would love some insight on those costs as well.

Thank you so much

@robby28 said:
    This is such a great forum. Thanks Edmunds.

I am still having trouble figuring out the correct lease payments for a 2014 S4 I want. Can you calculate and let me know what you get?

MSRP is $57,240 - I qualify for an Audi supplier discount (-6%) and Audi Loyalty Discount (-$1,000) new total is $52,805

Looking at 36 months with 15k miles. I don't what to put anything down. Thoughts?

Also, I am being told that the total due at signing would be $4,300 includes tax, tags, docs, fees etc. That seams really high with $0 down payment included. Would love some insight on those costs as well.

Thank you so much

.00051 MF and 53% residual for the Premium Plus model, 36mo, 15K/yr.

$4300 looks high to me, too, but a lot of that depends on how your state taxes leases. Is it an upfront state or a monthly payment state? Even in a state where they collect the tax upfront, you can still have them roll that amount into the CAP cost.

At your quoted price and using the base rates, the payment would be approx. $666/mo. But, you are going to need a breakdown of that $4300. That's a big number to not know where it is allocated.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Trying to break out my excel sheet that kyfdx had me set up..lol.. this is without taxes, title and doc fee not sure if Acquisition Fee is already included in your gross cap cost.

MSRP $57,240
    Base Cap Cost $52,805
    Acquisition Fee $695
    Audi Care $-
    Gross Capitalized Cost $53,500
    Cap Reduction $-
    Net Capitalized Cost $53,500
    Residual Value $30,337 (53%)
    Money Factor 0.00051
    Term of Lease 36
    Sales Tax -
    Depreciation $23,162.80
    Finance or Rent Charge $1,539.25
    Total of All Payments $24,702.05
    Monthly Lease Payment $686.17
    Sales Tax on Lease Payment $-
    Total Monthly Lease Payment $686.17

Another couple of things which I learned from this forum are the utility of multiple security deposits to buy down you money factor essentially for making a refundable deposit of 6750 you could reduce the rent charge by 1355 over the lease term. I don't know about you but about a 7% return on investment seems pretty good to me...lol.. of course if you can spare the additional cash.

Secondly sounds like buying audi care will increase the residual by 1% ( this I am yet to verify from my dealer)

MSRP $57,240

Base Cap Cost $52,805

Dealer Acquisition Fee $695

Audi Care $880

Gross Capitalized Cost $54,380

Capitalized Cost Reductions

Cap Reduction $-

Net Capitalized Cost $54,380

Residual Value $30,910 (54% ..1% bump due to audi care)

Money Factor 0.00006
    (Multiple security deposits payment rounded to the next 25 so essentially 675*10 will drop the the money factor to 0.00006)

Term of Lease 36

Sales Tax 0.0%

Depreciation $23,470.40

Rent Charge $184.23

Sales Tax on Lease $-

Monthly Lease Payment $657.07

Sales Tax on Lease Payment $-

Total Monthly Lease Payment $657.07

wow! that is great info guys. Thank you very much. Especially on a weekend.

I will ask my dealer for a break down of the total due at signing and share with the forum.

Last question. I understand the MSDs but are they 100% refundable at the end of the lease? Just not clear on that.

• MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 240,997

@robby28 said:
    Last question. I understand the MSDs but are they 100% refundable at the end of the lease? Just not clear on that.

Yes they are.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

Are MSDs in jeopardy if your car is stolen or totaled during the lease term?

@robby28 said:
    Are MSDs in jeopardy if your car is stolen or totaled during the lease term?

Nope - they are deposits, not down payment money.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

@kyfdx@Edmunds

So here is the breakdown of my "due at signing costs" for a 2014 S4 - Dealer is in NJ

MSRP is $57,240

1st Monthly Payment
    $752 - from MSRP - un-negotiated
    License
    $371
    Vehicle Prep Fee
    $349
    Acquisition Fee
    $695
    NJ Sales Tax
    $2,039 - again from MSRP
    Suppl Titling Fee
    $224.96
    NJ Tire Tax
    $7.50
    Total due at signing - $4,439

Obviously the vehicle prep fee is ridiculous. $350 to deliver a clean car. What other padding do you see?

Thanks in advance

• On an MSRP $54340 S4 with 0 capital reduction I was quoted $875/mo on a 24 mo term. Is that fair? Thanks

@robby28 said:
    kyfdx@Edmunds

So here is the breakdown of my "due at signing costs" for a 2014 S4 - Dealer is in NJ

MSRP is $57,240

1st Monthly Payment
    $752 - from MSRP - un-negotiated
    License
    $371
    Vehicle Prep Fee
    $349
    Acquisition Fee
    $695
    NJ Sales Tax
    $2,039 - again from MSRP
    Suppl Titling Fee
    $224.96
    NJ Tire Tax
    $7.50
    Total due at signing - $4,439

Obviously the vehicle prep fee is ridiculous. $350 to deliver a clean car. What other padding do you see?

Thanks in advance

While $349 is pure padding, it's a typical dealer fee for NJ... The rest of it look legit.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

@USCmagnacumlaude said:
    On an MSRP $54340 S4 with 0 capital reduction I was quoted $875/mo on a 24 mo term. Is that fair? Thanks

I don't know if it's fair, but the 36 month term would be a lot less...

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

@robby28 said:

Don't think you are getting the base money factor only way I am getting the payment of 752 is with money factor of 0.00095 (with 7% tax).

I would ask them the money factor offered as well.

kyfdx do you agree?

I'm sorry.. I didn't run the calculations

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• awdofnothingawdofnothing Member Posts: 9

kyfdx, could you please provide MF, residual for 36 Month 12k.yr lease? S4 Premium Plus

@awdofnothing said:
    kyfdx, could you please provide MF, residual for 36 Month 12k.yr lease? S4 Premium Plus

.00051 MF and 55% residual

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• awdofnothingawdofnothing Member Posts: 9

One more question. Are there any incentives or conquest offers from Audi? I have a BMW 535 in trade.

@awdonothing

My dealer in NJ is offering a $1,000 (competitive) conquest bonus for my BMW. There is also a loyalty conquest bonus if you currently own or lease a another Audi.

@awdofnothing said:
    One more question. Are there any incentives or conquest offers from Audi? I have a BMW 535 in trade.

I don't have any incentive information..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

@robby28 said:

did your dealer comment on the money factor sorry was just curious..

• 14is414is4 Member Posts: 5

kyfdx, do you have the MF and Residuals for a Premium Plus - 36 & 42 months both @ 10k miles/yr

@14is4 said:
    kyfdx, do you have the MF and Residuals for a Premium Plus - 36 & 42 months both @ 10k miles/yr

.00051 MF and 56% for 36/10

.00071 MF and 52% for 42/10

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• 14is414is4 Member Posts: 5

@kyfdx@Edmunds said:
    .00051 MF and 56% for 36/10
    .00071 MF and 52% for 42/10

Thanks!

Don't want to jinx my deal but it looks like NJ audi dealers are lowering their prices dramatically to move cars. Jan/Feb have been difficult months in our area. will report back after I pick up my new S4 next week.

FYI for the forum. I was able to secure a price $1,500 below invoice on a lease for a 2014 S4. I paid additional MSDs totaling $5600 dropping my payments by $43 per month or an additional $1500 over the life of the lease (36 months). I hinted earlier that the weather in the NE has put the dealerships well behind sales goals.

Good luck

Congrats on the new ride!

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• 2014s4guy2014s4guy Member Posts: 3
    edited March 2014

@kyfdx - do you have current MF and residuals for a 2014 Premium Plus for 3/36k lease? Thanks!

@2014s4guy said:
    kyfdx - do you have current MF and residuals for a 2014 Premium Plus for 3/36k lease?

Thanks!

S4 Premium Plus - 53% and .00155

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Wow, big jump in MF. Thank you.

@2014s4guy said:
    Wow, big jump in MF. Thank you.

Typos... sorry...

.00051 MF and 55% for 36mo, 12K/yr.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Thanks for the update. Dealer is telling me residual is 53%; I'll hold firm for 55%.

@2014s4guy said:
    Thanks for the update. Dealer is telling me residual is 53%; I'll hold firm for 55%.

The S4 Prestige model has a 53% residual for 36mo, 12K/yr.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

This discussion has been closed.