Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Are Subaru accessories (remote start, subwoofer) factory or dealer installed?

jjdphotographyjjdphotography Member Posts: 9

I'm sure my questions will be answered when I visit the local dealership. But, I'd like to know before I make the trip ;-)

Are accessories such as remote start and upgraded audio (speakers & subwoofer) installed at the factory or dealership? I would prefer someone from the factory as they will have much more experience with the installs over a local technician who may not be familiar with the install.

Also, how does the added 10" sub in the Crosstrek sound? Hopefully, the local dealership has a vehicle equipped with and without the sub as first hand experience will be the best. But, I'm always open to hear what others have to say.

Thanks for any insight with this.

Comments

• kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,760

In my experience, they are either dealer installed or port installed. I had an '08 Impreza that had a mesh grill, STi aluminum pedals and an STi short-shift kit, all installed at the port in the PNW. Because they were port-installed, they were noted on the Monroney sticker, and therefore residualized when I leased the vehicle.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator