Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Toyota RAV4 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

1737475767779»

Comments

• carbuyernow1carbuyernow1 Member Posts: 9

@rav41213 said:
    Yesterday I bought a 2013 Rav4 XLE from the suburbs of Atlanta - Magnetic Gray with Ash Fabric Interior. Added Options were Navigation and Carpet Floor & Trunk Mats. MSRP $26,634 (including added options). Negotiated OTD price was $24,000 , including all taxes and fees. .
    Once thing I observed is that most of the in-stock inventory has multiple options already installed (ToyoGuard, Paint protection etc) which you may not want, but the dealer will still try to make that money out of you. So you would have better luck with the price if you locate a vehicle in their inventory with just the options you need (or nothing at all, if the option you require can be added at the dealership) .

@carbuyernow1 said:

You have achieved great price in my opinion. Can you please share the dealer info. I live close to Atlanta. Thanks in advance.

• rav41213rav41213 Member Posts: 2
    edited May 2014

******carbuyernow1, I bought it from Cherokee County Toyota in Canton, and I fixed the deal through Dave W [non-permissible content removed] who is the Internet Manager there. I checked with him if I can quote the price for referrals and his response was "_ The price I gave you is one that in all honesty I cannot repeat.. We did that price solely to make our year end numbers...We would probably be about $400-$500 more on the same vehicle"_. But I would still highly recommend that dealership for the excellent buying experience. I was able to fix the entire deal over 2 emails and I got an OTD quote in email (which very few dealers give). So no haggling once you reach the dealership, straight down to paperwork... **

• hatchbacklovehatchbacklove Member Posts: 4

2014 XLE FWD 25700 OTD , no option or accessory, good or bad?

• steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454

If taxes and fees are zero, then not so hot. (OTD to me means every cost you pay to drive off the lot).

The TVM of an XLE is $24,573 in my zip code (that number includes destination of $860). Meet or beat that and then add in your taxes and fees, and you'll be doing good.

• hatchbacklovehatchbacklove Member Posts: 4

Hi, thanks Stever. It's 25,700 include everything(tax, fee, tage, etc...) and 0% APR for 36 month. I guess that's good in your book?

edited May 2014

Okay, I picked a different zip code for grins. The TMV price of the 2014 XLE FWD is $24,285. Let's assume sales tax is 6% or around $1460. And let's throw in $200 for doc/DMV fees. That gets me to $25,945 OTD.

So for those assumptions your deal is right in line with TMV and that's good. There's no cash incentives I see unless you are military or a recent college grad. There is the zero percent incentive that you are getting; can't beat that.

There are two big "captive" Toyota distributorships in the US, both in the southern states (basically from Texas over to Florida). These distributorships have been known to stack fees on top of deals (extra accessories or "handling" charges). If you see something like that, try negotiating it away (you can hint that you see a similar RAV4 up in TN for example).

About twenty percent of car shoppers are "grinders". If you "enjoy" car shopping or haggling, you can try for a "great" price and maybe knock a few hundred bucks off your price. Some of us are more interested in getting the exact car we want than spending much time squeezing out the last nickel on the price though. You may want to get a Price Promise certificate and see if that number is better though. Or get another quote or two from nearby dealers.

• Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,148

A reporter would like to speak to a recent buyer of a small SUV, like the Toyota RAV4 or the Honda CR-V. If you purchased your small SUV in the past 6 months, and you would like to talk about your purchase decision, please send your daytime contact info to pr@edmunds.com no later than Tuesday, 7/29/14 at 1 p.m. PT/4 p.m. ET.

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• nick0521nick0521 Member Posts: 4

What are people currently paying for a 2014 Rav 4 XLE?

edited September 2014

The average, at least for a Southern California zip code, is $27,089 for the AWD version of the XLE. There's currently a Price Promise certificate showing for LA for $24,021. Try this link and see what numbers you get. It appears, at least in theory, that you should be able to get into a new RAV4 for less than invoice ($26,385).

Any recent buyers lurking?

Thanks, Steve! I would be curious if any recent buyers are lurking and what they paid.

I am in NYC - the Price Promise is showing 26,276 and TMV is 26,026 for XLE AWD. I am going to wait until the end of Sept. I want to try for under $24k, if that's doable. Anything competitive vehicles you think are worth checking out under $24k with similar features of the XLE?

Heh, time to fly cross-country and enjoy a road trip!

As far as comparisons, Honda is blowing out CR-Vs but I'm a bit more partial to the CX-5. Whether these two are really comparable to what you are looking for is another story - dunno, I was cruising behind a newer RAV4 just an hour ago and admiring it a lot. B)

The older ones seem to enjoy a reputation for more pep (the 6 cylinder ones that is), but I think they look a lot better without the spare hanging off the back.

• Sandman6472Sandman6472 Member Posts: 6,966

Drove a LE model(?) at work yesterday and really wasn't that impressed with the acceleration...just didn't feel quite right. I think if I was to purchase this I'd get either the XLE or Limited models to get all the goodies. I really do like this CUV class of vehicle as I like the higher ride height in a compact sized vehicle. Very happy to own one and finally turned off the "eco" button yesterday for the first time and was amazed at the difference...happily amazed! The dealer had put mine in "eco" mode and told me to just leave it there and I did until I was driving a BMW 320i at work the other day and hit the "sport" button and boom, what a rush. So got in mine yesterday and thought about what if I turned my "eco" off and see what happens. Was delighted with what happened next!

The Sandman :)B)

2023 Hyundai Kona Limited AWD (wife) / 2015 Golf TSI (me) / 2019 Chevrolet Cruze Premier RS (daughter #1) / 2020 Hyundai Accent SE (daughter #2) / 2023 Subaru Impreza Base (son)

• cars678cars678 Member Posts: 9
    Did anyone buy a 2014 AWD Limited with Entune jbl premium option. What would be a good price to pay?
    Just purchased a 2015 Rav XLE AWD for $25,200 (selling price of vehicle and doc included). How would you rate that deal?
    TMV is $27,004 for a West Coast zip code so I'd say you made a good deal (below invoice). Congrats on the new ride!
  • toyotarav4toyotarav4 Member Posts: 1
    Nick0521: $25,200 for 2015 Rav xle awd? Is that before tax or after tax?
    Yes, 2015 Rav XLE AWD - $25,200 is before tax. I tried pricing in Philly, but didn't find great deals.
  • heard006heard006 Member Posts: 49
    I don't see many new posts on RAV 4's. Does anyone have info on how much off MSRP Toyota will go on RAV 2015s? I have done the research on Edmunds on invoice, TMV & MSRP, but wanted to get a sense how much Toyota negotiates on this car. Thanks for the help!
  • intx888intx888 Member Posts: 10
    Houston, TX

I'm looking to buy 2014 RAV4 LE FWD. The invoice price on KBB is $22,905. Adding destination fee $885 makes it $23,790. What would be a fair/good price to buy it before Jan 1, 2015? Thanks for any suggestions!
    You may want to recheck your numbers - we show invoice (with destination) to be $22,905. That's real close to TMV for Houston, but there's also some incentives out there. So you're looking at "Customer Cash Adjusted True Market Value" of $21,422 as your target price.

Actually, since that $21.422 is an "average" and this is the end of the year, you should try to beat that number. Not sure what would work over your way, but I'd aim for $1,000 less if not more.

Try getting several dealer quotes. If a dealer has already made their annual bonus number they may not be as hungry as another dealer in the area.

Good luck!