Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2014 Acura MDX Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• skrish08820skrish08820 Member Posts: 15

@dbworker said:
    Skrish08820 - were all of these accessories included in your $45,387 price? And thank you for all of your comments...I'm in NNJ and will definitely check out Denville

No, they are extra. 45387 includes destination

• nick_boynick_boy Member Posts: 2

Hi, I am looking to by MDX Base AWD in Pittsburgh area. Is it right time to by Acura?

• pixelpro1pixelpro1 Member Posts: 1

Hi I'm getting the Truecar price for the AWD Advanced/Ent package in SF Bay Area ($55,399) plus tax/title. Do you guys think I can get the price any lower? Has anyone purchased this model recently in this area? What was the deal you got?

• nick_boynick_boy Member Posts: 2

Got the price quote: '14 MDX Base AWD 43013. Looks a bit high for the winter time. Am I wrong?

• jnad1jnad1 Member Posts: 9

Has anyone purchased Acura remote start or had Acura install the sensors in the front or rear bumpers that beep when you get to close to something when parking? How much did you pay?

• wheedler123wheedler123 Member Posts: 16

2014 Acura MDX SH-AWD (base) leaseing questions.
    1) Whats the best total cap cost people are paying?
    2) Whats the best 36 month with 15K?
    3) Whats current month money factor & residual based on the above?
    4) if anyone has recent 'positive' leasing experiences in NJ/Long Island or NJ, please mesasage me.

• wheedler123wheedler123 Member Posts: 16

best price I received for the '14 MDX SH-AWD (base) so far $42,902 ( total cap cost).

• sojoratsojorat Member Posts: 3
    Just bought 2014 AWD advance msrp 57400 in south jersey. They sold it to me for 54700. I got them to throw in roof cross rails($276 installed). A competing dealer offered me $3000 off internet price. My dealer said they throw in wheel locks, cargo net and mud flaps. He says other dealer wont. Experience was good overall except when i found out 1.9 apr for 60 months was for base mdx only through acura. I wound up with 2.9 for 60 months.
  • jdub16jdub16 Member Posts: 1

Im in Northern VA but went to MD and bought a 2014 MDX w/tech 45,060 + 895 destination fee = 45955 + VA T&T.
    Thought I did good considering most Northern VA dealers don't seem to want to sell below true car price but still pondering how some are getting for 45,000 to 45500 with freight. No trade by the way either.

• m6userm6user Member Posts: 3,181

It depends on the local market. In some places they can't even get your price and maybe in some they can beat your price a little because of competition or the dealers sales situation. Markets differ in otherwords.

• SehKonNJdudeSehKonNJdude Member Posts: 20

That monthly payment I am driving a $65k MSRP ML 350 (2014 model) with 20" wheels and massage seats etc

Does not add up - try bestbuyleasing.com if you are around NJ-Ny area

@xhlar8cf said:
    Jan. 2014 latest quote for 2014 MDX w/ Tech package

36 month lease
    MSRP: 49460
    CR: $47,990
    MF: .00200 (4%)
    RV: 12k = 61%
    RV: 15k = 59%
    Sales tax $2100
    TF: $1,451
    If all rolled in total Balance: $51,498

$0 down w/ 15k miles: $794
    " " 12k miles : $768

$3k down pays for TF / Sales Tax: 15k = $705
    " " 12k = 679

What are your thoughts?????

Thanks

• SehKonNJdudeSehKonNJdude Member Posts: 20
    edited February 2014

Do NOT lease MDX - for $800/month you can lease new X5, ML350 , ML 550, GL 350 Blu Tec and Audi Q7 and Porsche Cayenne (V6 one) and Range rover Sport

Those are much expensive vehicles compared to MDX

I am trying to get 0.9% APR from local credit union (20% down) -

@kyfdx@Edmunds said:
    Looks like they are marking the base money factor of .00170

$800 seems like a lot for a $50K vehicle.

• pfetayapfetaya Member Posts: 13

To all prospective MDX buyers in the NY/NJ area - here is my narrative about my recent MDX AWD Tech purchase. After visiting Open Road East Brunswick, Precision Acura in Princeton, and Bridgewater Acura , all of whom gave me lowball values on my 2010 trade in and fought tooth and nail over every dollar of discount on the new car, I called Ramsey Acura and discussed a deal over the phone. Not only did they give me the best trade-in value, but they agreed to sell me the car for $45000, more than $800 under invoice. Not only was the conversation straightforward and painless, but it was all done OVER THE PHONE. After a confirming phone conversation with the finance manager, I drove more than an hour from my house half expecting some significant gottcha in the deal. Did not happen. Arti was so honest, straightforward, knowledgeable, and consultative in his dealing with me that I felt I had died and gone to car buying heaven. Fantastic deal done in a fantastic way.
    Chose the Forest Mist with parchment interior. The light tan interior works so well with the wood trim and seem to give the interior so much more elegance than the other colors. Also loved the exterior color - my pause was about how well the grey green and the parchment went together, but the people I was with seemed to really like it, so I went with it versus the less risky choices that were possible.
    Thanks to all in this forum who provided the insight I needed to negotiate, and hope this helps those who are still in the process.

• getmdxgetmdx Member Posts: 1

Did anybody buy "MDX, AWD, Tech package" in Birmingham, AL area? I went to Kings acura and promptly disappointed with them... They are trying to hand me the car at MSRP.. Really!! I am considering driving down to Atlanta or Nashvile for my purchase..

• njrajanjraja Member Posts: 14

NY/NJ Area - Shopped for 2014 MDX SH-AWD Base. Bridgewater Acura offered $41500 and $320 in service coupon. Is this a good deal?

• hoodwinkhoodwink Member Posts: 25

skrish08820 - Did the Tech package included DVD player in the rear? If not is it worth paying extra for entertainment package? What APR were you offered by Danville?

• pfetayapfetaya Member Posts: 13

In my very recent buying experience, Denville and Ramsey were nearly $1000 better than Bridgewater. Clearly a profit rather than volume strategy is in play there.

• rsc6rsc6 Member Posts: 2

Can anyone suggest to me what is the best price for 2014 MDX
    SH-AWD with Advance and Entertainment Packages in the Princeton, NJ area

• szarilloszarillo Member Posts: 4

Anyone have any updated pricing on the MDX awd techs? I submitted some leads to local NJ dealers except I keep getting the stupid template looking emails and it pisses me off. I just asked for a price and they keep saying how they are willing to help and answer any questions....hello!!! I already asked you one and you don't frigin answer!!! sorry - had to vent. Anyway I got pricing of $46k-$46,300....anyone have any recent deals? Im hoping pricing got better since earlier on in this post.

• gvgrgvgr Member Posts: 14

I got a quote from a local dealer in Maryland for an MDX AWD with Tech package for $44,850+TTL. What you guys think?

• targetisbtargetisb Member Posts: 3

I have been offered Acura FWD with Tech package for 44750 + 600 Documentation + Taxes extra in North Carolina. I went via Costco program. What price should I be targetting on this model in the area? Also, what are the going price for the same at Virginia and Atlanta area.

• jayfromcajayfromca Member Posts: 1

I am interested in purchasing an MDX (SH-AWD + Tech + Entertainment). Live in the Bay Area. Any pointers to what the current going price for such a vehicle is ? Am ok driving up to Sacramemnto or Marin to purchase if needed.

gvgr, The price looks competitive, the lowest I got is 45,300 +Tax & tags. Which dealer in MD is it? I am from VA and in the market for a MDX AWD with Technology package. Probably we may get a better deal if we buy together from the same dealer.

• jnad1jnad1 Member Posts: 9

I just picked up my new MDX AWD TEC From Acura of Denville NJ yesterday. After hearing good things on this site I contacted them. I ended up paying $45,387. The salesperson was easy to work with, someone took the time to explain how everything in the car worked, all the doc's were taken care of when i arrived and they were even more then fair with the price for the installation of remote start in the car. Even though I sat in a ton of traffic coming from NY that morning I would definitely buy from them again. ;-)

Hoodwink where did you get that price?
    From VA dealer.
    Anything in NJ?
  • njrajanjraja Member Posts: 14

Bought 2014 MDX SH-AWD Base for 40650 + TTL (44200 on road with 5 years registration) in south jersey. East Brunswick NJ dealer offered for 40500+TTL (44200 on road with 1 year registration) but they are charging ~$400 in other fees than precision Acura.

@hoodwink said:
    gvgr, The price looks competitive, the lowest I got is 45,300 +Tax & tags. Which dealer in MD is it? I am from VA and in the market for a MDX AWD with Technology package. Probably we may get a better deal if we buy together from the same dealer.

I got that from Criswell Acura, but I live close to Rosenthal Acura in Gaithersburg and they said they would honor it. Its 44,850+200 (processing fee) + TTL. Let me know if you are interested in buying together.

Yes, I am interested. Here is my email address matif at hotmail, please reply to it.
  • cldcomcldcom Member Posts: 7

Leased a 2014 MDX FWD Base model 36/10,000 for zero down (nothing out of pocket) for $499 a month ($533 a month including 7% sales tax) and dealer made the first month's payment. How did I do?

OKAY SO YOU ALL KNOW....I SHOPPED AROUND (NJ) AND FOUND THE BEST PRICING AND BEST EXPERIENCE WITH ACURA OF DENVILLE. I DID EVERYTHING OVER THE PHONE AND EMAIL. NEVER MET THE INTERNET GUY UNTIL I PICKED IT UP. I INQUIRED ABOUT BASE AWD AND TECH AWD AND THEY WERE CHEAPER FOR BOTH. I HIGHLY HIGHLY HIGHLY SUGGEST GOING TO THEM FOR ANY MDX MODEL! I paid $45,387 just like some others but they offered me $41,526 for a base awd model. I had a trade in that I figured 15k for. Another dealership offered to sell me the MDX for $45100 but they were only going to give me 10k for my trade. Denville told me $45,387 for the mdx awd tech and gave me $1500 more for my trade. Beware of dealers telling you low prices then completely ripping you off on your trade!!! Denville does not do this (at least I feel they were more honest). I can give you names of people I worked with, email me szarillo915@gmail.com

• stockitupstockitup Member Posts: 8

I'm interested in MDX SH-AWD + Tech or Tech + Ent. in Minnesota. Does anyone able to a find good decent deal and what was the best price paid? Only two competing dealers here so price hasn't gone down yet. I saw a couple posting that Chicago area was around 45K to 45ish K for SH-AWD + Tech. Thanks in advance.

2014 MDX FWD + Tech = 43,300 + TTL + Doc. Does it sound a good deal?- State is NC

• MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 240,057

@targetisb said:
    2014 MDX FWD + Tech = 43,300 + TTL + Doc. Does it sound a good deal?- State is NC

Edmunds has the invoice price of the 2014 MDX FWD + Tech as $44,393, so you are about $1000 below that. Not too bad, but watch out for extra fees that can put some money back into the dealers pocket.

Best of luck - let us know how it turns out.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• lplatinumrlplatinumr Member Posts: 33
    I have a 2012 Acura MDX 36 month lease for 36k miles with tech package. I have 11 months left on the lease and I'm at 20k miles. I'm looking to get into the 2014 MDX with tech package with 10k miles a year as I'm not hitting the 12k mark. I'm in Miami and do a lot of short local driving with my large family. Any ideas for what I should be paying for the 2014 lease as I had negative equity on a trade going into the 2012
  • ltcadviserltcadviser Member Posts: 38

I am in Atlanta. Looking for best price on an Advance and Entertainment Package MDX MSRP $55,400. Should I be able to get this for $51,000 + Tax, Tag and Title??

• acura_buyeracura_buyer Member Posts: 2

Hi , I am interested to buy mdx AWD with tech package. We're u able to get that price from rosenthal acura?

@gvgr said:
    I got a quote from a local dealer in Maryland for an MDX AWD with Tech package for $44,850+TTL. What you guys think?

• mcgahanmcgahan Member Posts: 1

I finally pulled the trigger on a 2014 MDX Advance for invoice price $53,500 + tax from Rallye Acura in Long Island, NY. I think I good a good price was for my trade-in as well. But I think I paid a little extra on the options (15% discount). Was anyone able to get this car under invoice? BTW, I also stopped by Paragon Acura in Queens, total waste of time..they wanted 2K over invoice.

Thanks for the response; Final Deal came out as below
    2014 MDX w/Tech . = 43,300 + 600(Doc) + Tax&Tag.
    +No additional fees.
    Let me know how I did.

• MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 240,057

@targetisb said:
    Final Deal came out as below 2014 MDX w/Tech . = 43,300 + 600(Doc) + Tax&Tag. +No additional fees. Let me know how I did.

$600 doc fee is a bit high, but that is very state dependent (I've seen fees as high as $699 here in Colorado). Enjoy your new MDX!

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

I got a better deal from Chevy Chase, 44,650+TTL for AWD with Tech and 2 yrs of free maintenance. The rep, Phil is exceptionally good.

@acura_buyer said:
    Hi , I am interested to buy mdx AWD with tech package. We're u able to get that price from rosenthal acura?

• 2hours2much2hours2much Member Posts: 1

I am in MSP and am looking for a AWD w/tech. interested in buying together?

• rsc6rsc6 Member Posts: 2

I finally purchased MDX Advance + Entertainment at Precision Acura of Princeton $52,350 + Tax + Registration + Tire Fee ($7.50) + NJ Supp. Fee (0.4%) + Doc Fee ($289)

I also added accessories Adv. Running Boards, Body Side Molding, Cross Bars, Splash Guards, All Weather Mats (1st, 2nd and 3rd row), Tri-fold cargo tray, Moon Roof Visor and Wheel Locks at $1500.

Thank you very much for all your inputs without which I wouldn't have got this price. Please let me know your thoughts if I got a great price.

I had a great experience with Precision Acura and there were no surprises at the last minute. I would definitely recommend them

• anthony_x_zhouanthony_x_zhou Member Posts: 1

Look for SH-AWD w/Tec, interested in buying together with someone. The best offer is at 45K + fee + tax in southeast Michigan. What is the best offer? Pls advice.

• kammdxkammdx Member Posts: 1
    anthony_x_zhou- i am also looking to buy MDX-AWD w/tech, i stay in rochester hills,MI.email me at kamwmu at gmail. I am yet to ask for quotes-- but working for big 3 ..month end days are best time to bargain.. Let me know what dealer offered 45k.
    Thx
  • cldcomcldcom Member Posts: 7

@lplatinumr said:
    I have a 2012 Acura MDX 36 month lease for 36k miles with tech package. I have 11 months left on the lease and I'm at 20k miles. I'm looking to get into the 2014 MDX with tech package with 10k miles a year as I'm not hitting the 12k mark. I'm in Miami and do a lot of short local driving with my large family. Any ideas for what I should be paying for the 2014 lease as I had negative equity on a trade going into the 2012

See my post from 3/17 above

• ashu2ashu2 Member Posts: 4

m looking for acura mdx 2014 fwd base.....what should be the OTD price??

• ashu2ashu2 Member Posts: 4

@ladriver123 said:
    Hi - wanted to thank everyone for valuable information and to share my recent purchase in LA area.

2014 MDX FWD Base: $40,637 (including destination) +ttl

We also have 4 more lease payments on a 2011 TSX - they agreed to cut our lease short by two months (value: $900). They also added 1 year of service and a cargo tray ($140).

what's the OTD price you paid for this car

• tasc22tasc22 Member Posts: 2

With most dealers in Houston, I was able to get $43k OTD on a Base FWD. Some over email, others you had to go in and negotiate to get there. For a Base AWD, just add $2k. Dallas dealers seem to be a little more aggressive with price, so you can probably save a couple hundred more up there.