Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2014 GMC Acadia Lease Questions

Comments

• blue3715blue3715 Member Posts: 13

@laxcars said:
    Looking at this current deal, thoughts?

2014 Acadia SLT1 with nav

MSRP: 43,510.00
    Selling: 40,376.75

Out of pocket: $640

$448/month inc. tax

Is this the AWD?

I got the AWD for $450/mo (with NAV). OOP $1800.
    If it's AWD, it's a good deal I think. FWD I dont know.

• lucy2014lucy2014 Member Posts: 7

I'm about to pull trigger on a deal...still juggling between two dealers (ny and nj). The nj dealer is telling me my due at signing cost is around $2300 and the ny dealer is telling me due at signing is $3200. The difference is that the ny dealer has added the bank fee and is charging me tax on rebates, bank fee and doc fee where the nj has not - or at least I don't see it itemized. Of course my payment is less w/ ny dealer. Btw, this is a no-money down lease. Anyone see differences in due at signing between ny/nj dealers or think this alot to put down? Just curious. Last time I leased, I only had to come up with $1500 due at signing.

@lucy2014 said:
    I'm about to pull trigger on a deal...still juggling between two dealers (ny and nj). The nj dealer is telling me my due at signing cost is around $2300 and the ny dealer is telling me due at signing is $3200. The difference is that the ny dealer has added the bank fee and is charging me tax on rebates, bank fee and doc fee where the nj has not - or at least I don't see it itemized. Of course my payment is less w/ ny dealer. Btw, this is a no-money down lease. Anyone see differences in due at signing between ny/nj dealers or think this alot to put down? Just curious. Last time I leased, I only had to come up with $1500 due at signing.

All that matters is your out-the-door cost + total lease payments.. that being said, there's no reason to put more $ down now when you can pay it over 39 months.

@lucy2014 said:
    Niclaf77 the dealer I am working with told me that I could not get the $1k customer cash rebate if I was leasing...just the $770 lease cash. Although he did not mention the $500 conquest lease cash and I will ask about it since I'm currently leasing a non-Gm vehicle (Acura). Your numbers are similar to mine (posted above) with the exception that I am looking at 36mo w/ 12k miles. I did price a 39 mo lease w/ 12k miles and I got a price of $508/mo incl tax...so i think it's a good deal but I'm not professional car person :)

GMCs website says the $1k cash isnt for leases. You should get the $500 Presidents day cash incentive.

Which car did you get?

@niclaf77 said:
    i need help as soon as possible - so if someone could please assist, i would appreciate it.

i have been offered the following deal for a 39 month/10,000 mile per year lease on a 2014 gmc acadia denali awd:
    sticker price is $50,535
    selling price is 46,304
    there is $770 in lease cash plus i qualify for another $500 lease conquest cash since i am in a current lease (not gmc).

now when i calculate the payment it comes to 452.91 pre-tax and if i roll taxes in, it comes to 484.61. is this correct?

i am being told by dealership that i am somewhat correct but that i have to add in the bank fee of $595, doc fee of $295 and luxury tax????? of .4% before i calculate the tax. now i understand there is a bank fee and doc fee but i thought the doc fee was around $75 and how much should the bank fee be? also, i have never heard of luxury tax on a gmc acadia - is this correct???

lastly - if all the fee issues were to be resolved, does that selling price appear fair?

thanks so much for any help you can offer!

50k msrp dnali AWD for $486/mo? That's a bit low.
    1. How much down (your out-the-door cost)?
    2. Whats the residual?
    3. Doc fee is $295.
    4. I don't know about luxury tax.

• lucy2014lucy2014 Member Posts: 7

@blue3715 said:
    Which car did you get?

2014 acadia denali awd - dealer showed me on his screen that he can't select combination of rebates so i can get 770 lease cash and 750 for being usaa member but i can't get 500 lease conquest cash or the other combinations in addition...i guess it's their way of managing how much money they give away!

@lucy2014 said:
    2014 acadia denali awd - dealer showed me on his screen that he can't select combination of rebates so i can get 770 lease cash and 750 for being usaa member but i can't get 500 lease conquest cash or the other combinations in addition...i guess it's their way of managing how much money they give away!

Any $ down? I don't get how the payments come to such a low $ from a 50k msrp and just those discounts.

• Royals_1969Royals_1969 Member Posts: 135

I'm looking for MARCH 2014 numbers...residual and MF for the following.
    2014 Acadia SLE-2 FWD 24 month 10k and 36 month 10k
    Thanks Royals

• kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,200

March numbers just came out yesterday... It will be later in the week before we get that information.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Royals_1969Royals_1969 Member Posts: 135

@kyfdx@Edmunds said:
    March numbers just came out yesterday... It will be later in the week before we get that information.

Do you have access to the numbers yet for March?
    ...residual and MF for the following. 2014 Acadia SLE-2 FWD 24 month 10k Also 36 month 10k, also what incentives are they offering...
    Thanks Royals

@Royals_1969 said:

Do you have access to the numbers yet for March? ...residual and MF for the following. 2014 Acadia SLE-2 FWD 24 month 10k Also 36 month 10k, also what incentives are they offering...

Thanks Royals

1.24% MF and 63% residual for 36mo, 10K/yr lease

2.00% MF and 72% residual for 24mo, 10K/yr lease...

$770 lease cash.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• shuck_watershuck_water Member Posts: 1

Could I get updated residuals and MF on 2014 Acadia SLT -2 FWD and Denali FWD? Both are 36 month 12k in Texas. Much appreciated!

@shuck_water said:
    Could I get updated residuals and MF on 2014 Acadia SLT -2 FWD and Denali FWD? Both are 36 month 12k in Texas. Much appreciated!

1.24% MF and 62% residual for the SLT. Denali residual is 60%. $770 lease cash.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• sob45sob45 Member Posts: 3

Moving to TX but currently in IL for the next 3 weeks. Are the residuals and money factors different from state to state? If so can you provide the MF and residuals for 12K in IL on the SLT 1 and 2 FWD and Denali. Thanks so much!

@sob45 said:
    Moving to TX but currently in IL for the next 3 weeks. Are the residuals and money factors different from state to state? If so can you provide the MF and residuals for 12K in IL on the SLT 1 and 2 FWD and Denali. Thanks so much!

1.24% MF and 62% or 60% residual, depending on options.

Given the lease tax situation in those two states, I'd wait until I got to Texas.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• jenirvtjenirvt Member Posts: 2

Could I get the March MF and residual for a 2014 Acadia SLE-1 FWD with no options? 36mo/12K. Only bells and whistles I want are backup camera and satellite radio, and the base SLE-1 seems to come with both. Thank you!

@kyfdx@Edmunds said:
    Given the lease tax situation in those two states, I'd wait until I got to Texas.

Dealers here are telling me that I can pay the texas tax (6.25) instead of my county tax (7.25) and also my tags. Little leary of the tags. Anyone ever do this?

@jenirvt said:
    Could I get the March MF and residual for a 2014 Acadia SLE-1 FWD with no options? 36mo/12K. Only bells and whistles I want are backup camera and satellite radio, and the base SLE-1 seems to come with both. Thank you!

1.24% MF and 62% residual

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• axel23axel23 Member Posts: 1

Do you have the MF and residual for a 2014 Acadia SLT-1 36 or 39 months at 15,000miles/year? Thanks. (new york state)

@axel23 said:
    Do you have the MF and residual for a 2014 Acadia SLT-1 36 or 39 months at 15,000miles/year? Thanks. (new york state)

1.24% MF and 60% residual. $770 lease cash.. 36 months

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• plumbum27plumbum27 Member Posts: 3
    Can I get an update for MF and residual for a 2014 Acadia SLE-2 and SLT-1 (no options) for a 36M - 15K a year lease?
    Thank you!

@plumbum27 said:
    Can I get an update for MF and residual for a 2014 Acadia SLE-2 and SLT-1 (no options) for a 36M - 15K a year lease?
    Thank you!

1.24% MF and 60% residual. $770 lease cash.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• jagrcojagrco Member Posts: 16

Do you have the MF and residual for March on a 2014 Denali and SLT-1 in Massachusetts. 3yr 36k miles. Also the salesman mentioned something about employee pricing until the end of the month. Thanks

• plumbum27plumbum27 Member Posts: 3

@kyfdx@Edmunds said:
    1.24% MF and 60% residual. $770 lease cash.

Thanks!. How is Residual calculated? Is it from the MSRP of the vehicle with all the options or is it calculated from the negotiated sales (cap) price?
    Should I include any fee's, texes, etc. when running the calc?

@jagrco said:
    Do you have the MF and residual for March on a 2014 Denali and SLT-1 in Massachusetts. 3yr 36k miles. Also the salesman mentioned something about employee pricing until the end of the month. Thanks

1.24% MF.. Residual should be 60% on the Denali and 62% on the SLT-1. $770 lease cash.

I wouldn't know about the employee pricing.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 240,145

@plumbum27 said:
    Thanks!. How is Residual calculated? Is it from the MSRP of the vehicle with all the options or is it calculated from the negotiated sales (cap) price? Should I include any fee's, texes, etc. when running the calc?

Residual is the percentage of the MSRP. Yes, fees can be rolled into the negotiated cap cost to calculate your payment. Taxes are handled differently depending on what state you live in - Illinois, Texas and Maryland tax the entire transaction price. Other states only tax the monthly payment amount.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

Thanks for the info. It is interesting. The dealer quoted me .00070 money factor which translates to 1.68% and said that the residual is 58%. Is the MF standard and is is the residual standard in all states? This was on the Acadia Denali loaded sticker was just under 53K

@jagrco said:
    Thanks for the info. It is interesting. The dealer quoted me .00070 money factor which translates to 1.68% and said that the residual is 58%. Is the MF standard and is is the residual standard in all states? This was on the Acadia Denali loaded sticker was just under 53K

If he quoted you a money factor, rather than an APR, they are likely using a different bank. USBank is a popular choice for GM dealers, as they sometimes have better rates. I was quoted USBank on the last GM that we shopped. I'm sorry, but I don't have the USBank numbers.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Is the residual the correct percentage at 58 or is 60 the correct residual on the denali? Thanks

@jagrco said:
    Is the residual the correct percentage at 58 or is 60 the correct residual on the denali? Thanks

Both... 58% for 15K/yr, 60% for 12K/yr

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• jarujaru Member Posts: 1

Can I get the April residual and MF for the Acadia Denali at 10K and 12K per year in New York, 36 and 39 month? Any lease cash? Thanks in advance.

@jaru said:
    Can I get the April residual and MF for the Acadia Denali at 10K and 12K

per year in New York, 36 and 39 month? Any lease cash? Thanks in advance.

Sorry, we don't yet have the April numbers.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

• chad2014chad2014 Member Posts: 24
    Do you have numbers slt2 fwd Acadia 14. 39/10k. Residual, rate, lease cash. Thanks

@chad2014 said:
    Do you have numbers slt2 fwd Acadia 14. 39/10k. Residual, rate, lease cash. Thanks

1.24% MF and 59% residual. $575 lease cash

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• chad2014chad2014 Member Posts: 24
    Is the Denali 62% on 10k?

@chad2014 said:
    Is the Denali 62% on 10k?

Nope, 39/10 for Acadia Denali is 59%

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• bluethunder10bluethunder10 Member Posts: 11
    edited April 2014

I signed up for a new 2014 Acadia SLT-1 AWD with Nav/Sunroof/Forward collision
    MSRP $46,400
    36 Month/12K miles $0 Out of Pocket.
    $510 a month in NJ
    Is it a good price?
    Also, should I take the Lease return protection plan, which costs $450 and covers for upto $5000 at the time of lease return.
    Please advive

@bluethunder10 said:
    I signed up for a new 2014 Acadia SLT-1 AWD with Nav/Sunroof/Forward collision
    MSRP $46,400
    36 Month/12K miles $0 Out of Pocket.
    $510 a month in NJ
    Is it a good price?
    Also, should I take the Lease return protection plan, which costs $450 and covers for upto $5000 at the time of lease return.
    Please advive

Have you taken delivery? $510/mo is not bad with $0 out of pocket. No taxes, fees, etc. to be paid up front?

We will need the selling price and money factor to really figure things out.

For the lease return protection plan, are you hard on your cars, or do you keep them in good condition? Seems like more profit for the dealer - if you skip it, you can save $12/mo on your payment.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• bluethunder10bluethunder10 Member Posts: 11

Thanks for the reply.
    Yes $0 upfront.
    I do tend to get bumper scratches of some dings in parking lots... So I guess it's safer for me.

@Michaell@Edmunds said:
    For the lease return protection plan, are you hard on your cars, or do you keep them in good condition? Seems like more profit for the dealer - if you skip it, you can save $12/mo on your payment.

• sand529sand529 Member Posts: 45
    edited April 2014

Can someone post the April residual for Acadia Denali at 12k miles for 39 months?

Thx

edited April 2014

@sand529 said:
    Can someone post the April residual for Acadia Denali at 12k miles for 39 months?

Thx

2WD & AWD - 1.24%, 58% residual and $575 lease cash

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• welakwelak Member Posts: 9

is the residual/mf same for april for the SLT1, 36 months - thanks

@welak said:
    is the residual/mf same for april for the SLT1, 36 months - thanks

MF is .00065 and residual 60% for 36/12. $575 lease cash.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• jungle1074jungle1074 Member Posts: 5

Can I get the MF & lease factor for an SLE-2 for 24 months and 15K/yr? thanks in advance

@jungle1074 said:
    Can I get the MF & lease factor for an SLE-2 for 24 months and 15K/yr? thanks in advance

2.00% MF and 69% residual for AWD.... 66% residual for 2WD.. $575 lease cash.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• leasesle2leasesle2 Member Posts: 1

I am considering a GMC Acadia SLE-2, FWD. GM employee discount, loyalty discount as well as 4k of additional voucher money towards the lease. 36 month lease with 17k per year. First month payment plus license fees totaling around 600 due at signing. Monthly lease cost of 352.00.

How does this sound? I was little worried because our payment went up about 30 dollars per month due to marginal credit. Is it possible that a dealer would not tell a customer about the lower rate they qualified for and get a kick back?

I feel pretty good about the deal and am thankful for the extra incentives, just want to do my due diligence. Thanks for your reply!

@leasesle2 said:
    I am considering a GMC Acadia SLE-2, FWD. GM employee discount, loyalty discount as well as 4k of additional voucher money towards the lease. 36 month lease with 17k per year. First month payment plus license fees totaling around 600 due at signing. Monthly lease cost of 352.00.

How does this sound? I was little worried because our payment went up about 30 dollars per month due to marginal credit. Is it possible that a dealer would not tell a customer about the lower rate they qualified for and get a kick back?

I feel pretty good about the deal and am thankful for the extra incentives, just want to do my due diligence. Thanks for your reply!

What is the MSRP and selling price (cap cost)? How much in discounts and vouchers?

I would ask the dealer about your credit score and how that aligns with the money factor they are using in their lease calculations.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• jungle1074jungle1074 Member Posts: 5
    edited April 2014

Wow, didn't expect such a difference between residuals on AWD & FWD. Interesting. That makes it cheaper to lease the AWD than the FWD, all else equal.

• steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454

Our True Cost to Own tool indicates that the depreciation (and running costs) are a bit higher for the LSE-2 AWD vs the FWD version. But it's pretty close.

I suppose they figure a 3 year old lease return can be CPO'd easily and there's more demand for AWD SUVs, so the AWD one will be worth more at resell.

This discussion has been closed.