Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2014 Honda Accord Prices Paid and Buying Experiences

Comments

• stage4survivorstage4survivor Member Posts: 56

@brian125 said:
    stage4,

The only thing out there is flex cash of 500 if dealership has to offer. Otherwise if your buying a 2013 any model your tatrget price should be 3000 and plus below dealers invoice price.. Nothing lower than this price would make sense for a 2013.. Making the 2014 a better buy.

Mr. 125,
    $3K or more under invoice? The dealer I purchased our 2013 Touring from said there's $2K rebate(?) on 2013 coupes but, not sedans.
    I'm strongly considering a V6 EXL Navi coupe if under $28K

• brian125brian125 Member Posts: 5,244

I'm not aware of the 2k rebate on 2013 coupes.. If you like the look go for it. Just 2k off a2013 coupe is not worth buying/ shop around.

23 Telluride SX-P X-Line, 23 Camry XSE

• brad90956brad90956 Member Posts: 5

I have been emailing 3 separate Honda dealerships in the Toledo, Ohio area asking for an Out-the-door price for a basic 2014 Honda Accord EX coupe with no added features. So far 2 have responded with the exact same OTD price of $25,999.19. According to Edmunds the TMV for this vehicle in my area is $25,422. I just have a few questions if someone can help me:

1) Is it odd that both the dealerships gave me the exact same OTD price? 2) Is this a decent "starting point" to begin my negotiations to get a lower price? 3) How should I go about responding to their offers to get each dealership to lower their price? 4) What do you think is a good, final price I should settle on?

Thanks

@brian125 said:
    I'm not aware of the 2k rebate on 2013 coupes.. If you like the look go for it. Just 2k off a2013 coupe is not worth buying/ shop around.

No way, I'd accept $2K off list or, invoice for that matter. As you suggested, $3K+ below invoice and perhaps PLUS a $2K rebate!
    If we're in the $26-27K range +TTL then we may have a deal for a 2013 V6 EXL coupe with Navi

edited February 2014

@mike672 said;

mike372 Posts: 335
    6:56PM
    Brian, I am having a hard time believing some of these posts. For instance, the poster who claims he bought anAccord EXL sedan CVT at autosport honda for 1300 less than invoice plus another 500 flex cash for a total of 1800 below invoice. Every time I called them and talked to the internet mgr or sales manager they quoted me a price of maybe 300 less than invoice and told me no flex cash was available. That is part of the problem, if you wait till the last two days of the month the dealers run out of flex cash. This happened to me more than one time, both at hamilton and price. I dont care iff its the very last day of the month and five feet of snow, Autosport just does not give such great deals. I will call them and talk to George tomorrow but I guarantee that they are not going to offer me an Accord EX for anywhere near 1300 less than invoice plus flex cash. In addition, Edmunds invoice prices on the Accord are right on, but two Toyota dealers are telling me that invoice on a 2014.5 Camry is 420 higher than Edmunds invoice.What gives?

last question first,

Check pricing at Edmunds, Kbb.com, Nada, sometimes if a new model is not out yet these sites might not have the updated pricies yet.. dealer could be correct with pricing.

2014 Accord pricing.... you are not getting 1k over on a 2014 accord in NJ/ NY its not there yet.

Your target price in these 2 states should be 600 to 1000 below invoice. make your best deal this week out of the 10 dealerships that are mentioned in here. Auto-sport has no flex cash left so call george on the 27th of feb and not before. make him your offer to buy that moment.. 1k below invoice price.... if he cant do that number consider lowering your price alittle to make the sale work. or make him think about it a few hours.. then you decide. Call the rest of your dealerships with the same approach. make your best deal out of the bunch.. By doing this you now should no what this area market prices are selling for.........

There is nobody Who has bought a 2014 Accord for 1300 below at Autosport this year plus flex of 500.

I recall 2 posters that went to MD or Va for those numbers. Not here in our area.

If you cant buy at the above target price by feb,28th i would call all dealers on march,7th to see who is offering flex cash and make your best deal out of the bunch of them. Area market is what it is. unless you find that one dealership looking for last day numbers.

alot of folks make the mistake of seeing bigger and lower sales in other states or a lower sale the previous month in there state.. That does not mean you may get the same price.. Every month differs...... XX dealers sells at 1k in feb.... in march xx dealers are slling at 600 below, and dealer z who never sells to low is now at 900 below.

If you contact all your target dealerships that your willing to travel to and they are all around x price then consider yourself as doing a good job......Now you have the choice...1-. buy the vehicle at the lowest price you recieved.. or...2-. maybe take less and buy closer to your home..

edited February 2014

Here is how i look at buying a 1yr and 3 month old model that the dealers is selling new..

This would be a great car to buy or lease . why???? at 4 or 5 k off the invoice i'm driving the same car as a 2014 model but paid so much less.

But

If i buy this 2013 vehicle for 3 k below original invoice and total this car/ or its stolen in 2014. What is a 1 and half yr old car worth after depreciation.? And if stolen your INS. deductable is 500 or 1000 that comes off the top of the value before INS. check is sent out. You are now at a big loss thinking you saved a few bucks...

Just things to think about. I'm in agreement with you..... dealer has to sell me this car for 4 to 5 k off the invoice price for me to consider buying.

BTW, what is "Flex Cash"?
    I'm artificially setting my target at $27K + TTL

• zinnirazinnira Member Posts: 5

hi, please kindly see the website.
    http://www.cbsnews.com/news/is-your-odometer-cheating-you/
    did anybody check the honda accord hybrid 2014 odometer. thanks.

• zinnirazinnira Member Posts: 5

hi, please kindly see the website.
    http://www.cbsnews.com/news/is-your-odometer-cheating-you/
    did anybody check the honda accord hybrid 2014 odometer. thanks.

The snow today may help our members in the NY/ NJ area with pricing today and tomm.

• marv3301marv3301 Member Posts: 1

I have an offer here in S. Florida from a dealer on the 2014 Accord EX-L Sedan (no navigation). Here are the details:
    MSRP: 29060
    Disc 2950
    Selling price 26110
    trade in: 3500
    splash guards: 376
    Subtotal = 22986
    plus tax, batter fee, dealer service fee, elctronic file, lemon law, tag agency fee, tire fee = 2234.98,
    loan payoff 1600 = 26820.98 financed.
    Is this a good deal? My husband says no, I say yes.

edited February 2014

marv3301

Invoice w dest charge on the exl model is 26,650. Dealers price of 26,110 puts you at 540 below dealers invoice. Subtract the dealers doc fee charge and thats what your real number is.. Do i think this is a good deal.........No................. was your trade price fair, good , or below value.?? If you sold car on the street what can you get? ball park figure

what is splash guards 376 ????

we dont need loan payoff or your states sales tax numbers.

we can tell a good deal by agreed selling price
    does this price include the dest charge of 790
    what are the dealers doc fee or admin fee?? thats all we need at this point.

Taxes, dmv fee's are not needed..... every state pays a different rate and price. usually these fee's are regulated so dealers cant play around with those numbers. sometimes states have a tire fee charge or internet charge thats no big deal...

• mike372mike372 Member Posts: 354

brian thanks for the reply.I called George today,before I read your response, and he sort of confirmed the deal I mentioned by telling me that Honda was giving an additional 500 dealer incentive from 12/15-1/31/14. Great but how was I supposed to know this. You are correct, Autosport ran out of flex cash around 2/15/14. The best price he gave me was 23,769 with the 300 doc fee included which would bring the price to 519 below invoice. He said he (Autosport?) had already met their quota for the month since Prresidents Day sales when honda was offering 0.9 financing for 60 months instead of 36 mos. So calling him tomorrow probably will not change the price. As far as he Camry invoice price, one dealer sent me a vehicle inquiry which included an additional 393 dollars for a TDA amount (dealer invoice) whatever TDA means. So if you add this amount to NADA INvoice or Edmunds Invoice you come up with 22661 invoice for the Camry LE. With the Honda, Edmunds and NADA was right onw/out adding anything. I got an offer on the Camry for 758 less than invoice (Edmunds price) or 1151 lower than what the Toyota dealers say invoice price is plus Toyoa is giving 1000 cash back wih no financing (paying cash for the car). I just dont know whether to go for the Camry or wait for a better deal on the Accord EX. The only reason I like the camry better than the Honda is because I think the CVT trans in the Honda is a gamble, it has no track record.

edited February 2014

Mike,

The accord is a much better vehicle. even if you got a camry for 1500 below invoice today you would be cheating yourself of the best midsize car in that class. Im sure alot of folks will tell you different who own the cvt. Not many have had problems overall.

Call out to New Rochelle honda tomm. or call back george and tell him on march 7th when he has flex cash again you will buy said vehicle for 600 below invoice plus his flex cash.. That puts you at 1100 below invoice on this vehicle.. Thats just as good in this area as a straight out deal with no incentives.. I would go as far as emailing george tomm telling him to drop his doc fee charge and you will buy.

Dont be surprised if you get a email or call back from george before months end..

good job on your post and good luck with your decision.

• benjaminhbenjaminh Member Posts: 6,311
    edited February 2014

Mike:

The Accord is a better car than a Camry imho. Better engine. Better safety. More features. Higher quality. And better transmission. So far I really like the CVT on our 2013 Accord EXL navi. We've gotten as high as 38 mpg on highway trips. The CVT on the Accord shifts almost like a regular auto transmission. In terms of durability, my guess is that Honda has figured it out. But I did get a fairly low cost 8 year/100k extended bumper to bumper warranty. Even the standard warranty covers the engine and transmission for 5 years and 60,000 miles.

Bottom line for me: I think an Accord is worth at least $2500 more than a comparably equipped Camry. That's just my opinion, obviously, but there are some things (like safety and higher mpg) that are backed up by independent studies.

The best costs a little more, but it fully worth it from my point of view.

But whatever you get, best wishes!

Ben

2018 Acura TLX 2.4 Tech 4WS (mine), 2018 Honda CR-V EX AWD (wife's)

I agree the Honda is a beter vehicle, except for tha CVT which some owners complain about jerking at some speeds,even the owners manual mentions something about this, I forgot exactly what, maybe you can look and let me kniw. As far as safety the 2014.5 camry supposedly fixed the crash test results. Acually I am comparing an accord EX to the camry LE, which isnt exactly fair cuz the ex comes with nicer seat fabric, alloy wheels, a right side view camera, larger wheels and tires. But you cant get a power seat in the LX plus HOnda really screwed up the LX seat fabric on the 14 LX. But the larger 17 inch V rated tires may not be as good in the snow as the camry 16 inch tires. Anyone have any experience driving the EX in snow? Since I live in a very hilly rural area in NJ this is important to me, but since I cant drive the EX in snow I have noway of knowing. I agree that Toyota in recent years has had a boatload of recalls which is of some concern me. Plus my mom totaled out her 2003 camry last fall bacause of the widely publicized acceleration problem. Usually not a believer in such things until it happens to you (my mom). SO she is looking for a new car but wont touch another Toyota.

Our 2013 EXL has been good in the snow this winter. We live in Louisville, KY, and so it's not like the snow is nearly as heavy here compared to other areas, but it worked well. I like the V-rated tires.

• carkhojcarkhoj Member Posts: 13

mike372 Posts: 335 6:56PM Brian, I am having a hard time believing some of these posts. For
    instance, the poster who claims he bought anAccord EXL sedan CVT at autosport honda for 1300
    less than invoice plus another 500 flex cash for a total of 1800 below invoice.

I reported earlier that I purchased Accord EX-L, CVT Sedan from autosport at OTD price of 26,924 (with new plates and flex cash included). I signed paperwork on 01/31 and took delivery of the car around president's day. I was earlier receiving 0.9% for 36 months but when I went to take delivery of the car, I was offered 0.9% for 60 month.

But I did get a fairly low cost 8 year/100k extended bumper to bumper warranty. Even the standard > warranty covers the engine and transmission for 5 years and 60,000 miles.

Ben,
    Would you mind sharing where did you get this low cost warranty from, Hyannis Honda? Thanks.

edited February 2014

carkhoj

You made a good deal with Autosport Honda in NJ... Every month could be a different story with a dealership depending on there sales incentive needs and how low they want to sell cars for the month.

Mike 372.......... talked to George over at Autosport he will give it to you straight over there about price. thats why Autosport sells alot of cars there honest and wont play games with you.

Geaorge will sell a accord for over 800 below invoice price today thats the best he could do. So when you consider Autosports 299 doc fee charge it puts your deal at around 500 below invoice.

Negotiating thru this month into march will help you get a better price in our area.

End of march ends the 1st quarter for all car companies. Some area's will see really low prices and area's like NY/NJ will be hundreds less. You Guys may want to consider holding off 3 more weeks.

I also reccommend DCH Academy in Oldbridge Nj. They wont come close to the best prices in here but they are a very well run dealership with competitive prices and really take care of there customers. If price does not drive you..... this dealership is for you..

Contact Mark internet sales guy. He is a good kid and wont lie to you. Mention me I dealt with him last year when i tried to purchase my EXL v6 from them.

Brian, thanks for your help. I liked George and learned a few things from him and the price he gave me was the same as he gave you. Are you sure March will be better in terms of price just because it is end of first quarter. In my experience, it did not seem to matter. The weather will start to improve which means there will be more buyers out there.

carkhoj...you apparently nailed an EXCELLENT deal. The 25060 plus 300 doc fee is 1300 under invoice, plus an extra 500 flex. So George told me Honda was offering the dealers 500 from 12/15 to 1/31. So that puts the number at 800 below invoice (which is very hard to get, leaving the flex out) plus the 500 Autosport was getting from Honda which equals 1300. Plus the 500 flex brings the total to 1800 below invoice. I have not come across a dealer in NJ willing to give me 800 below invoice, not including other incentives ie flex cash.

The 500 flex cash is not offered every month from Honda.There were some months in 2013 ie March when it was not offered. They discontinued it for several months I believe and then toward the end of 2013 reinstated it.

edited February 2014

@carkhoj said:
    Ben, Would you mind sharing where did you get this low cost warranty from, Hyannis Honda? Thanks.

I got an email quote from Saccucci Honda, and then showed it to my local Honda dealer, and they almost matched it. I think they were just $40 more, and I said to heck with it and got it from them. Iirc it was about $1100 for the 8 year/100k w/0 deductible. That was for a 2013 4 cylinder model, and so prices might have gone higher for the 2014s.

The normal warranty, as you know, lasts three years, and so this is adding 5 years on top of that for only about $220 a year. I might not use it, since Hondas are quite reliable and durable, but it seems worth it for the peace of mind to me. I just don't have to worry about major car repairs....

I think Hyannis is probably fine too. All the prices from the discount places are probably quite close, if not identical.

edited February 2014

sunnysgang Posts: 2
    10:28PM edited 10:32PM
    Brian,

Brian,

Thank you for all your help. Your advice has been priceless and has helped me cut through a lot of the drivel that is out there.

Anyway I got my CR-V yesterday and after negotiating with the dealership - I have to say that you were dead on with it being a game of poker.

I followed almost all your advice nearly to a T and I am fairly satisfied with the outcome so thanks again.

I sent out an e-mail with an offer of a OTD price for $25,500 for a 2014 EX-L FWD (including all fees and costs for accessories). I asked for 4 separate accessories (splash guards, door edge protectors, wheel locks and cargo tray) which per amazon pricing totaled up to about $240. I sent the offer to 6 different dealerships. 2 of the dealerships initially did not respond, 2 countered with offers that were too far out to be taken seriously. 1 of the dealerships came within $400 of my offer but I held off.

At 6 pm in the evening, my phone rang and I talked to a salesman who gave me a counteroffer that was basically a repetition of an older quote that I had gotten from him. I politely refused and he told me that his manager wanted to talk to me.

The manager was a nice guy and told me that my offer was too low to be serious. I told him that's fine I can wait till I hear back from other dealers. He said there's a reason no one has called so far. Again I repeated that I can wait for a few more days.

The manager then said he could do $26,300 and I told him that I couldn't do that. He gave me the usual runaround about MSRP and how much I was lower compared to that (no mention of Invoice pricing though). He gave me inflated pricing for all the accessories I wanted and then proceeded to add up the numbers, feigning disbelief along the way. I listened and simply repeated - this is my offer.

He then asked me "so what kind of work do you do". I told him that "I work in a hospital" to which he said "so I come with a broken leg, you gonna fix me for free" - classic salesman technique. I deflected that question by pleading ignorance and stuck to my price.

He asked me if I was gonna pay cash or get it financed. I told him I would prefer cash but he said that the only way he could do the deal was with financing and even then he could only get it down to $25,800 with the "any one accessory that you want". He said "I am a fool to offer you this deal and you would be a fool to say no" and that "no other Honda dealer can do this for you". I said no and countered with $25,600 with the cost all the four accessories and administration fees included.

The manager acted like I had asked him for his first-born child and told me there was no way he could do that. He asked me thrice (no kidding) if I realized that I was walking away from the deal and I said yes, yes and yes.

The next thing he asked me for was my credit card number to put the deposit on. We confirmed the price and the details and I picked up my car yesterday night.

In the end considering that invoice price of $26,000, $830 Destination fees, $199 Administration Fees adding up $27,029 - I saved $1429 with my OTD price of $25,600. The 4 additional accessories were ones I really wanted and getting them included was the cherry on top.

As a side note, I did not end up getting it financed and paid cash anyway.

I HUGE shoutout to Brian again - I don't think I could have done this without your help. I have always felt slightly intimidated by the prospect of dealing with the infamous car salesmen but thanks to you the process was both painless and productive.

Sunnygang,

It always dont turn out this good but thats how you buy a vehicle and get down to dealers bottom line price.

Post your state and name of dealership so the other members could try and get a similar deal.

@mike372 said:
    carkhoj...you apparently nailed an EXCELLENT deal. The 25060 plus 300 doc fee is 1300 under invoice, plus an extra 500 flex. So George told me Honda was offering the dealers 500 from 12/15 to 1/31. So that puts the number at 800 below invoice (which is very hard to get, leaving the flex out) plus the 500 Autosport was getting from Honda which equals 1300. Plus the 500 flex brings the total to 1800 below invoice. I have not come across a dealer in NJ willing to give me 800 below invoice, not including other incentives ie flex cash.

By reading all these recent posts, it seems I really got excellent deal! I didn't know about extra 500 between 12/15-1/31. I would say George is really good in communicating and responding to emails. When Honda was offering this extra 500, George emailed me with lower price. I emailed about top 10 dealers in NJ with my OTD price and no one could come close. I found MD OTD prices to be about 700-1000 lower than NJ. I was almost ready to go and buy from Pohanka in MD but couldn't go because of bad weather. I can't complain about the price I got from autosport. Recently, my two friends bought car from Joyce Honda. Both of them had their autosport price matched. Hope you find your deal soon. Good Luck!

@benjaminh said:
    I think Hyannis is probably fine too. All the prices from the discount places are probably quite close, if not identical.

Thanks Ben. I think I'm going to go with Hyannis as their quote is the lowest for 8yr/120000. My friend recently bought from them without any issue.

Autosport never gave me a good price in the past and I talked to the sales manager and the prior internet sales mgr. I wish someone would have told me about the extra 500.00. George said it normally only occurs during the last weeks of the year but this year Honda extended it to 1/31 probably because of the worst weather in NJ in a long time( and I have been living here since 1966). Joyce was never competitive always wanting invoice plus 399 doc fee. I dealt with them the past and always bought elsewhere. So I either buy this Camry today or wait and see if Honda
    has the flex cash in the future.

Brian, I think internet sales manager at DCH oldbridge in mike not mark,unless there was a change.

@carkhoj said:
    By reading all these recent posts, it seems I really got excellent deal! I didn't know about extra 500 between 12/15-1/31. I would say George is really good in communicating and responding to emails. When Honda was offering this extra 500, George emailed me with lower price. I emailed about top 10 dealers in NJ with my OTD price and no one could come close. I found MD OTD prices to be about 700-1000 lower than NJ. I was almost ready to go and buy from Pohanka in MD but couldn't go because of bad weather. I can't complain about the price I got from autosport. Recently, my two friends bought car from Joyce Honda. Both of them had their autosport price matched. Hope you find your deal soon. Good Luck!

Over the past 20 years, we've purchased 8-10 new cars traveling to NJ from LI, always thousands less than NY dealers, including our 2013 Accord.
    That being said, the Accord coupe we're considering seems less discounted in our current search.
    Wackier still, a new 2013s seem to be about the same price as the 2014s being offered.

• jxmkingjxmking Member Posts: 2

I'm looking to buy a 2014 Honda Accord LX CVT. I have been sending emails to dealers around town. The lowest OTD price I can get is $22,050.00. I live in Orlando,FL. Is this a good deal?

jxmking: Probably it's an ok price, but it's hard to tell. Please don't give OTD, because unless we know the sales tax rate in FL we can't tell very well. What's the discounted price before TTL? If you got c. $2500 off of list, you did well imho.

• jxmkingjxmking Member Posts: 2
    edited February 2014

Benjaming,
    The tax for FL is 6.6% . So before TTL, the price for the car with destination fee is $20,500. Should I wait for a better deal?

edited February 2014

jxmking,

I'm going to add onto benjaminh post. being i'm not sure of what prices are being offered in Florida the target prices and your area's price range to buy should be on the low end 500 below dealers invoice to as high as 1500 below invoice without any rebates or incentives included in mentioned prices.

Florida has a very high doc fee/ admin fee's charge so that has to be taken into consideration when buying or leasing.

LX,CVT model=...................20,829....dealers invoice price.

destanation fee..=.....................790

your total price at invoice......21,619.....w dest charge.

Call these dealerships they are the best out of the lot in your area

Classic, Autonation, Holler , Coggin, Headquarter.

Remember your state's doc fee's range from 599 to 900 dollars. if your target price to buy is 1000 below dealers invoice you must add that dealers doc fee charge onto your asking price to make it a wash on the bill of sale. Unless dealer removes charge which 99% of the time they wont.

Your above deal of 20,500 puts you at 1,119 below invoice price. subtract the dealers doc fee of 599 or higher.. Thats your true below invoice price

good luck

• pacdecimalpacdecimal Member Posts: 39
    edited February 2014

After reading many of the informative posts on this board and doing some research, we finally purchased a 2014 Accord EX-L, 4-cylinder, no Navigation (modern steel metallic). AutoNation of Lewisville, Tx was our choice, as their internet salesman (Jeff H.) was totally honest and upfront with pricing and options. During our 2 months of communication, he never pressured us to buy at any time, but asked us to contact him when the time was right. I would highly recommend Jeff to anyone in the DFW area. I utilized two posters (thank you) who have also purchased their vehicle at AutoNation and used their price of $25,347.00 ($27,258 OTD) as a guide. Jeff was very honest about today's pricing and never pressured us to chose. We decided upon EX-L with price of $25,057 + $122.50 Doc Fee and $26,917.00 OTD, which included a .9% interest rate for 60-months. This included Pro Pack,window tint and one free oil change. We also inquired about a LX ($20,259.50 with Doc Fee) but felt the seats were not as comfortable and little inferior based on our personal choice. Again, I would highly recommend AutoNation of Lewisville to anyone shopping for a car in the Dallas/Ft. Worth area. I also believe that since we came at end of the month, our price was little different from others who may have purchased in mid month. Thanks again to everyone who posts here and make car purchasing a lot easier for all.

If a dealer in NJ promises a selling price including doc fee of more than 500-600 less than invoice, not including any other incentives, its not going to happen.Trust me I know what I am talkingbout. You will drive to the dealer only to find out they are lying to you. And I dont care if it is the last day of the month, its just not going to happen.

• citizenchicitizenchi Member Posts: 11

I want to say thanks to @brian125! Following your guidance and email examples, I did all of my price negotiation with various dealers over email and had my price, before all fees, locked in before I went to the chosen (and closest) dealership - Grossinger Honda in Chicago. They did ask me to bring in printouts of similar offers from other dealers (Schaumburg Honda), which I did. I waited until the last week of Feb to start sending emails out, which definitely helped. Got my new ride on Thursday.

We bought a CR-V EX, AWD for $25,700 - OTD price, and thats including the high 9% tax in Chicago. This price also included some B.S. "Perma-Plate" protection they say they have already applied to all the interiors of their cars, costs $289 and wasn't negotiable (I asked twice). It covers all stains, rips, burns, marks, scratches on the interior for 7yrs/100k miles. They either fix or replace the item. We'll see if it's worth it.

There wasn't really anything to negotiate when we got there, other than the F&I guy trying to sell us an extra bumper-to-bumper warranty for 7yrs/100k miles ($0 deductible, rental car, roadside assistance, etc.) for $1250 total. He originally asked $2500 for it and I said no, and then he cut the price in half, saying he needed to make his quota for Feb. I said I'd think about it but I'm not sure it's worth it. Has anyone purchased this and know if it's worth it? Wait until the end of the month and they'll drop their prices on everything as needed.

Anyhow, thanks again Brian! My wife is happy because she has a new ride and I'm happy because I got the price I wanted ($1500 below invoice) and she's now driving safely around Chicago on the snowy roads.

• tjc30tjc30 Member Posts: 11
    edited March 2014

Yesterday I bought 2014 Honda Accord LX sedan CVT for a Drive out price of $22K with Tint, CargoTray, Splash Guards and Wheel locks. This is in Houston,TX

I dint care much about the destination/flexcash/dealer cash because I was soliciting offers from dealership in/around houston (at least 9) for the exact car with the exact options I want. (Tint, CargoTray, Splash Guards and Wheel locks).

Russel and Smith gave that price VERY early stages (2 weeks back) and no one could come close. The next best offer was (22500 Drive out ). Some of them even offered more than 24K. What a joke.

As the vehile already has NITRO tires (which I dint want), they adjusted the car price to account for that. Following is the breakdown

• Car Price (including destination) : 19940
    • Tint, CargoTray, Splash Guardss and Wheel locks : 490
    • TTL (including Doc fee $125, SalesTax 6.25%) : 1570

(I could have saved, may be $100, If I do the accessories on my own, but thats ok with me).

A word about Russel and Smith : They are good guys. In 2006 I bought another honda from them and this year again, it happened to be them offering the best price and no pressure.
    Finance guy may try to sell some warranty but a firm no is all it takes to it. Their trade-in price is EXTREMELY low..so sell your car elsewhere.

• hyperchik71hyperchik71 Member Posts: 1

I'm looking to buy the 2014 sedan EX-L V6 with Navi. Going one day next week. I live in MD. I've had a few dealers email me their internet or special price but some count destination and some do not, hard to tell what's a good deal. I keep reading about flex cash...what is this and what is the significance of March 7th? Also are all of these deals assuming excellent credit and scores? Any insight would be greatly appreciated!

• guillguill Member Posts: 94

@tbj0801 said:
    jake1728 and saratogasteve:
    No trade-in. Just a straight purchase, all negotiated before I even walked into dealership. Used all the techniques described by Brain and others in this thread.
    The Northern VA dealers (Landmark, etc) and Annapolis were a waste of my time as they just gave me the usual run-around; so I quickly eliminated them. Criswell Honda did call me as I was walking into dealership to sign the final papers and it appeared they were going to verbally agree to same deal. In hindsight, perhaps I could have even gotten slightly better deal (or a few other accessories thrown in) by prolonging the negotiation (and getting greedy) by playing off Criswell, etc. but I needed to seal the deal that night due to my own time constraints. My family and I are incredibly happy!

• guillguill Member Posts: 94

That's an awesome price on your Accord! I sent you a message requesting the contact info for your salesman as I live in the DC area and will soon be looking to buy my own Accord.

edited March 2014

hyperchik71 said;
    March 1
    I'm looking to buy the 2014 sedan EX-L V6 with Navi. Going one day next week. I live in MD. I've had a few dealers email me their internet or special price but some count destination and some do not, hard to tell what's a good deal. I keep reading about flex cash...what is this and what is the significance of March 7th? Also are all of these deals assuming excellent credit and scores? Any insight would be greatly appreciated!

make sure all your quoted emails , and phone calls to dealerships include vehicle with dest/ charge this avoids any price confusion between you and dealership. All buying customers have to pay this charge of 790.

By March 7th most dealerships that have the flex cash option of 500 to give will offer it to its customers if they finance the vehicle thru the honda corp. You could finance a portion the of vehicle then pay it off within 3 weeks at no penalty or just finance the whole car makes no difference. If your credit score is bad or lower than average you may not recieve this incentive.

Make a list of all the dealerships that are offering flex cash and make your best deal with one of those dealerships 1st. leaving non flex dealerships for 2nd round of talks..

If I know 10 dealerships are offering flex cash I negotiate my lowest possible deal then tell dealership i will finance thru them if they give me the flex cash. lowering my agreed upon deal another 500 dollars.

Never let any dealer apply that 500 dollar incentive to your asking/ buying price. What i mean is in MD pricing is very good dealerships like Criswell, Pohanka, etc will cut deals for close to 1500 below invoice price So If i tell the dealership i will buy this model from you today for 1200 below invoice this price excludes flex cash til after are agreed selling price

Brian, is Pohanka to be trusted. I mean, after an absolutely horrible day with one of the largest dealers in the state (Honda) I am hesitant to travel more than an hour. After luring me to the dealer on the last day of the month, taking over an hour dig the car out of the ice/snow, agreeing to the price as soon as I walked in and sat down with the sleasy salesman, getting approved for financing the Accord thru Honda and receiving the flex cash, four hours later when they presented me with the sales invoice it was 400 more than they promised to sell me the car for. I mean, I have had it with these liars. And this was a dealership which has locations throughout the counrty, so I believed them when they called me with the price. I cant stand looking for a new car which is one of the reasons I run my cars till the wheels fall off. . And if I told you the name of the dealership you would be surprised. Maybe my Civic will last another 200K miles?! Because at this point I need a couple of months off because I drove home very upset. What I mean is dont waste hours of my time, probably six hours if you include driving time, and BS me.
    Anyone who thinks they can pull a fast one over me will not get the deal.

• gadmccoygadmccoy Member Posts: 2

Bought a 2014 Accord Sedan Touring yesterday for $33,463 Out the door w/decklid spoiler. Live in Los Angeles area and inquired with 3 different dealerships. The other 2 weren't even close, $32,200 and $32,100 /wo decklid. With TTL it would have put me in the $36k range. Sales tax is 9% out here.

edited March 2014

Mike

Sorry to hear that story.. Buying a car and getting thru the rift raf is sometimes hard.

Pohanka can be trusted... but any deal that is a out of state buy dealer must fax you the bill of sale you both sign it then you leave dealer a credit card deposit til you could pick up car.

There are a handful of members who went down to these dealers in MD re- read board and IM message them for info on there deal and contact name of internet managers..

Sorry Brian, but I dont think I ever IM someone.Please explain how I do this w/out an email address.

Mike,

left single or double click on any members name highlighted in blue.. this brings you to there web page.. On that page where it says message thats were you im them.